The Sound of Clicking Padlock

The Red String

Chapter 4 -

 

"Chaerin!" I can hear Tabi's voice echoing from the hallway. I was snuggling up on my bed, eating my delicious spicy crispy snack while reading 'Emma' by Jane Austen as my individual assessment by Kang-ssem.

 

Yeah, this is the life of ordinary fourteen years old girl who happened to attend the most amazing favorite international school at Seoul.

 

A week has passed since my school field trip. This beautiful weekend noon is my favorite me-time at home. Sometimes I'll hang out with Bommie or I'll hit the kitchen and make something for myself. Weekend is school-off-day and I love it very much!

 

"Yes?" I sluggishly sigh then dragging on my feet to open the door.

 

"Let's go" he display his trademark 'bingu' a.k.a. dumb face.

 

"Where?"

 

"Shopping" he grins from ear to ear.

 

"Shopping? Yay! Okay!" I whirl myself back into the room when I remember that this scene is pretty peculiar to be true.

 

"Wait, Tabi! I know you're richer than me but there is no way on earth you're gonna ask me to go shopping" I give him curios looks and he burst into laughter.

 

"! How come you're so mean to me? Why? Can't I ask my only little sister to go shopping? Is it really weird for me to do it?"

 

"I bet you're going shopping for yourself and make me the bags carrier or it could be that you want to buy a gift for a girl and you need my help" I cross my arms giving him uninterested look.

 

"Aishhh this girl, how come you doubt my sincerity?" he pinches my nose.

 

"Tabi, I've been your sister like, fourteen years?" I pout and slap the arm that pinch my nose.

 

"Well, it's not that long, eh?"

 

"So which one? Bag carrier or picking gift helper?"

 

"Duhh, my beautiful little sister is growing up in a wrong way" he shakes his head.

 

"I learn well from you, you know?" I grin.

 

"What took you guys so long?" we turn to see the owner of that familiar voice.

 

Jiyong Oppa is marching wildly from the corner of the hallway into my front bedroom door to find me and Tabi still having a little chit-chat he never scheduled. Yeah, everything supposed to run according to the plan and schedule.

 

"Hunchae not dress up yet?" he displays frustration tone and stares into his watch.

 

"Hey, you said you have more than five minutes" Tabi yelps and brush off his hair.

 

"You! Be quiet! You go back to your room and dress up! And you go to car now" Jiyong Oppa comically ordering us while pointing at our nose.

 

"Ya! I'm not driving!" Tabi shouts, pretend to be irritated by Jiyong Oppa's action.

 

"Ya! How am I supposed to drive while I'm the walking credit card here? Beg down in the face of money!" Jiyong Oppa pulls out his wallet from the leather pant and showing Tabi his shining platinum credit card.

 

"Ouch my eyes! Yes, master, I will do whatever you want me to do. I'll strip down if you ask me to!" he hug Jiyong Oppa and attacks him with pouting kissing lip. Jiyong Oppa startled and try to shoves Tabi away.

 

"Yikesss!! I love girl! Tabi! Get off!" these two comical big brothers don't act like their proper age, especially in front of me. With that gesture, I can clearly see that they displaying love, care, and affection toward each other.

 

"So it's Jiyong Oppa's shopping spree time?"

 

"Of course it's my shopping spree. Huncahe! You don't think that this old stingy Ahjussi will spend his money on shopping right?"

 

"Ya! When did I?" Tabi hit Jiyong Oppa's shoulder.

 

"Now Huncahe, we're running out of time. Dress up casually, let's go Tabi Ahjussi" he tweak Tabi's ear and drag him along.

 

"Ouchhh! Save me Chaerin" he waves his hands up and down, begging for my help.

 

"Huncahe, you have five minutes. Come on Tabi Ahjussi, you have to check the engine"

 

"That's the life of money-oriented slave Tabi, enjoy!" I chuckled and close the door behind me. I run to my coffee table where my digital watch sit beautifully on the side. I set it up to beeped every minute in four minutes.

 

I rush to my wardrobe area. Damn, it's very messy. Clothes everywhere, tops and bottoms mixed up like a wet chicken porridge. Gosh, where's my beige bra?

 

After two minutes, my digital watch beeping madly, gosh! Two more minutes! I was applying blusher to my puffy cheeks. Gussy up in the mirror. I have no idea where will we go for shopping but I bet, if it is Jiyong Oppa, we'll going grand.

 

Plain pink tee with round neck, long skinny navy jeans which have zipper detail at the bottom part, complete with checker blouse. Okay, you might think this kind of fashion is too much for me but I'm going shopping with Jiyong Oppa and there's no determination of weird or too much for Jiyong Oppa's scale of fashion sense.

 

I grab the dangling brown beanie from the hat section of my closet and put on my dark brown Mary-Jane shoes. Once again the alarm beeped hard, one more minute. Gosh, where's my Givenchi Rottweiler tote bag? I harshly open my bag section closet and finally find it in the deep corner. Still wrap nicely on the dust bag. You'll wonder how am I, fourteen years old ordinary girl, can get this super luxurious thing from right.

 

No, I'm sorry it's not a fake Givenchi bag. Yes, it is real. Yes, someone give it to me as present. What? No, Appa nor Omma won't understand fashion. Who? Tabi? Eiiiiihhhsss… there's no way that stingy brother of mine will give me this. Bommie? She's too busy saving her money to go to Paris and eat all the delish there. Who? Yes you are correct. The one and only Jiyong Oppa. It's my 13th birthday present.

 

Actually, I'm not a spotlight-maniac, I hate being overly exposed, subjected into unnecessary attention. I know, this kind of fashion might get me into some spotlight but the thing that I keep in mind is, I dress up to satisfy my own fashion-hunger feeling and not to please other. When people stare at my fashion choice, I just think positively like 'oh, that girl might know this brand' or 'oh, they might have the same clothes as me'. I never want to think that they like my fashion sense or even jealous of my fashion sense. Jiyong Oppa told me that I have the potential in fashion field, but truthfully, the hidden reason I'm into fashion is him. He is my inspiration and I want to share the same favorite things as he is. Kinda corny though….

 

Yikess! I have to run now. I grab my wallet and my phone, throw them fast inside my tote and stomp my way out of my room. I know it sounds like a marching band coming through a silent hallway. It's good that Omma nor Appa was not here; if they saw me marching out like a theft caught red-handed running for her life, they will skin me up for real and start those two and a half years sermon about politeness, behavior and rebelnion of teenager these days.

 

I run through my house's front door, passing through the glass connecting wall. I pant, out of breath before I stop myself in front of the back door of Kwon Family's Residence that I will pass through in a few seconds. I take a deep breath and open the door quietly.

 

It's so quiet as usual. I can only see some maids cleaning up around the hall. Some of them recognize me and bow down. Some of the new maids are starring awkwardly to me and end up bowing down as well.

 

"Chaerin. You'll be late if you walk like a lame snail, hurry up and go out, Young Master Ji has been waiting outside" Aunty Choi popped out from the kitchen still using her old orange mitten and white apron.

 

"Omoooona Aunty Choi, you just shorten up my life span" I rub my chest.

 

"Aigooo this little devil, shut up and go!" she spanks my as she helps me to open up the front door and I make my way out into the car spot in the left side of the house.

 

Aunty Choi has been my second mom. She serves Kwon family since she was thirteen years old and she's been in this family like almost forty years. Damn, that's a really long-run. So basically, before me and even Tabi or Jiyong Oppa was born, she's been here.

 

Aunty Choi is pretty close to me especially because I spend a lot of my time in Kwon family's kitchen to learn about healthy food when me myself never wants to eat any of those food. I learn how to prepare traditional food and mainly about healthy food. Since I'll be serving Jiyong Oppa in the future; healthy food is the basic of it, well yeah, other than learning about Oppa's sickness along the way.

 

Aunty Choi is another person in this house who knows about Jiyong Oppa's sickness between my family and Jiyong Oppa's family. It might be because of her loyalty towards Kwon Family, which almost all of the members of the clan are respecting her as the one of respectable elders.

 

Aunty Choi was very fierce to me back then; I can clearly remember how she opposed me to be Jiyong Oppa's future assistance. She said that Tabi is more compatible than be but in the end, Jiyong Oppa's Appa is the one who decide it. Yeah, I win the jackpot.

 

HONK HONK

 

No way!

 

I know it will be grand but should it be this grand? Instead of using Tabi's Mini Cooper, that white Aventador is ready to roaring out the street like, anytime. Wait! It's only two seaters, right? I approach the now-roaring car under the front car spot. I go directly into the driver's side and knock on the window. Jiyong Oppa's face shown under the automatic lowering-window.

 

"Oppa! I'm not late. It's less than five minutes but you are going to leave me out when I have been put so much effort to nicely dressed?" he chuckled and I was dazed by his ultra-charming smile.

 

"Hunchae, silly dummy girl. Look at the back" I roll my eyes and see Tabi's Mini Copper was at the back of the Aventador.

 

"Can you move aside miss? I was stuck here!" I can see Tabi's head popping out of the driver seat window and throwing tantrum to me.

 

"Don't you hear that grumpy Ahjussi? How am I supposed to leave you when you're the one I've been inviting to the shopping spree? Silly girl, shooo…" he gives me another ecstatic smile and fanning me to move aside so that he can get this Aventador to the side and make way for the Mini Copper to get out.

 

I dash to get few steps back, holding up my cheeks because I'm afraid if I don’t cover it right now, Tabi and Jiyong Oppa can see my overwhelming red blushing cheek. When did that Oppa become so hot?

 

"Hello Miss Lee? Stop showing us that stupid tomato face of yours" Tabi said while he gets pass through me from inside the car.

 

"Tabi shut up!" I shout to him and hold my fist against him who now laughing so hard.

 

The Aventador return back to its position. As the sound of the engine are still on because of the turbo-timer, Jiyong Oppa make his smooth movement to get out of his favorite car.

 

Bommie's words struck into my mind. 'Any normal girls will do anything to get your rare-breed Jiyong Oppa'. I know he's handsome and hot but I don't think any girl deserve to be with him. He is too… Perfect… till nobody could catch up with him.

 

"Huncahe look pretty today" he approaches me.

 

"Don't I look pretty everyday?" I tilt my head and he smiles.

 

"Of course my Huchae looks pretty everyday but I guess I have to get rid of this beanie first and you'll look perfect" he took off my beanie, throws it out into the front porch and fix my messy hair. He rubs my hair gently and making it into a stylish-messy style.

 

Okay, if it's about fashion style, I'll just have to surrender myself to him. I don't have time to complain about his not-so-rude behavior of throwing up my beanie into the front porch.

 

HONK HONK HONK!

 

"Can you guys be slower than this? We're late here, late-bugs!"

 

"Coming" Jiyong Oppa said without turning his head to Tabi. He intently stares at me. I'm so fluttered I didn't know what to do. That gaze does sting my brain. I could only raise my eyebrow, trying to figure out what's on this beautiful man's mind.

 

"Huncahe is really really pretty today. Let's go" he pats my cheek and grab me by my hand.

 

He opens the passenger door for me and then jump into the front seat right after that.

 

"She's not five" Tabi said suddenly. The front gate is open already and Kim Ahjussi waving his hand to Tabi.

 

"Yes, she is fourteen" Jiyong Oppa fixes his position.

 

"I see what you did there Ji" Tabi's sarcastic tone aroused.

 

"What did I do?" he snorts, feeling uncomfortable with Tabi's tone.

 

"You know it"

 

"It's… It's just fixing some part!" Jiyong Oppa tries to defend himself while I'm lost here.

 

"It's just fixing some part with unnecessary additional gesture" Tabi putting on his stern face.

 

"I'm not" Jiyong Oppa pouts.

 

The situation become serious as nobody said anything afterwards.

 

"Hello? I'm here" I wave my hand at them.

 

"We know" they said in unison then sigh.

 

"Ohh not again, don't do this again to me. Everytime you two get together I'll be left as the enemy " I crossed my hand in front of my chest.

 

They can only scoff at my remark. It's not even funny.

 

--------------------------------------

 

"Oppa" both of them walk beside me, side by side. I'm too excited and intertwine my arm with them.

 

"Yes?" Tabi said sluggishly. Mall is definitely not Tabi's style.

 

Tabi can spend hours in workshops, TaeKwonDo club, or college. Talking about CEO wanna be; I can't blame him to have that kind of dream. It has been Tabi's dream to own his own company in export import. He's dealing with a project of brown rice distribution to Vietnam now, his additional puffy eye-pocket prove on how much he gets stressed out from this big project.

 

In the other hand, mall is Jiyong Oppa's playground. Can't blame him either. Jiyong Oppa's schedule will be around college, mall, gym and clubs. Jiyong Oppa never gets serious about studying hard to acclaim his position in his father's company. Well, who else will receive that legacy if it's not him? He might think that he will spend his young age to partying so hard, playing so damn hard and live happily before that company is really handed in to him.

 

"Not you poor Tabi, I call Jiyong Oppa"

 

"So now you're the slave of money then" he flicks my head.

 

"Ouchh! Jiyong Oppa, Tabi flicks me" I shove Tabi's hand and round around my hands into him.

 

"You guys, is this the way you express love to each other? If yes, I should be jealous by now"

 

"Ahhh Oppa, you're not helping either, Tabi it's sting!" I shove his hand and walk faster in front of them.

 

"She always behaves like that when she's hungry" Tabi says to Jiyong Oppa.

 

"Ohh, I see. Should we get ice cream?"

 

"Okay! Let's go!" I hear them and cutely act by grabbing both of their hand and we're going into the ice cream stall.

 

After purchasing triple chocolate fudge with caramel and macadamia nuts, we're walking around for a while. Tabi seems bored while Jiyong Oppa acting strange by keep checking up his phone. We stroll around, sightseeing the displays item all over the places. Since, it's Saturday, the mall is now become a huge tourist and local area of shopping and relaxing after five stressful days of school and work.

 

"Lee Chaerin?" a voice I know call my name, three of us whirl our head out to look for the owner of the voice.

 

"You guys?" I gawk so wide, my jaws drop to the floor, I couldn't even believe my own eyes.

 

Zico, Seungri and Daesung are together! Is it apocalypse? Is deadly contagious virus from secret laboratory lab has been released to destroy mankind?

 

"Wow, I believe I'm dreaming right now" I approach them who know scanning through Tabi and Jiyong Oppa.

 

"You're not" Seungri and Zico said in unison. They bow down to Jiyong Oppa and Tabi whose now standing closer to me.

 

"Ahh, this is my brother and his friend" I awkwardly introduce them. I can see Jiyong Oppa raising one of his eyebrow, gesturing disagreement to my remark just now.

 

"Good to see you" all of them politely bow their head couples time. Wow, they are actually pretty cute acting up this way. I should tell Bommie about this.

 

"This is Zico, Seungri and Daesung, my classmates" I introduce them one by one to Jiyong Oppa and Tabi who seems not very interested. I give both of them death glare.

 

"Hi" Tabi raises his hand and Jiyong Oppa only (impolitely) stare at them. For all the fairy mother lord in the world, what kind of attitude is that Jiyong Oppa?

 

"So, are you guys strolling around?"

 

"Yeah, we just hang out, sort of…" Seungri said slowly in awkward tone. Gosh, the situation is very awkward now, thank you Jiyong Oppa and your weird impolite gesture. Tabi and Jiyong Oppa walk away leaving me.

 

"Really? It's weird to see the three of you together I thought the world is going to end" I chuckled, try to melt the situation.

 

"Ya! You're too much" Seungri jouncing his arms.

 

"Yes! Too much Lee Chaerin!" Zico snorts then we all laugh together, having a little bit courtesy.

 

"We should hang out together sometimes" Zico rubs his neck and Seungri nods like retarded clown.

 

"Yeah, with Bommie and Jennie too" I agree.

 

"Yeah, Park Bom and Kim Jennie too" Zico shows me that disappointed look, so weird.

 

"How about next week? Let's hit the movie"

 

"Oh, call" Daesung comically showing me his thumb.

 

"Me two calls" Zico continue with his two thumbs up after that.

 

"Being the boys out!" Seungri sings, wave his body all hyped up and we chuckled.

 

"Huncahe" Jiyong Oppa clears his throat, a sign that my time is up now. I can't see Tabi, he's not with Jiyong Oppa.

 

"I have to go now"

 

"Yeah… we'll be going…." Zico reluctantly answer.

 

"Ye-yeah… See you at school" Seungri said then the three of them bow back to Jiyong Oppa and I wave at them. As I go approaching Jiyong Oppa, I can sense his bad mood. Did I take too long of courtesy?

 

"Who are they?" he walks beside me, I can sense him leering at me explicitly.

 

"Where's Tabi?" I try to ignore his question by walking up faster.

 

"Don't play this retorted game" he catches up with my walk pace.

 

"I've introduced you before and you're the one who's not listening Oppa" I stop, building up anger as he is very annoying now.

 

"Because they're boring" he say and shrug his shoulder off.

 

"So why did you ask about my UNINTERESTING friend?" he's acting up again. Okay, patient, patient, patient….

 

"I-I was… It's just a courtesy, I just want to- just curious. Nothing more" he mumbled. Okay, he's officially annoying right now.

 

"They are my boring classmates. The only boring boys I hang out with. Are you satisfied?" I walk faster, try to leave him behind.

 

"Huncahe…." He sighs and once again try to catch up with me.

 

"Where's Tabi?" I roll my eyes, try to look the existence of my real brother and mumbled.

 

"Toilet" he said simply then looking up on his watch. We're waiting in front of the toilet hall. He's on the right, I'm on the left. I don’t feel like talking to him right now. Why he has to ruin my precious Saturday?

 

"Where's your friends?" Tabi walks out from the toilet hallway, turns his head right left looking for my friends.

 

"Someone extruded them" I said sarcastically as I can.

 

"When did I do that?"

 

"I didn't say it was you Oppa" Jiyong Oppa flinched. I ignore him and plays with my phone.

 

From the corner of my eye I can see that Tabi elbowing Jiyong Oppa and he returns it with raising his hands giving Tabi I-aint-do- look.

 

We're sitting on one of a café there. Tabi still busy flipping through the menu's book while I'm not quite fond of eating right now since my mood has been drowned up. I took a glimpse at Jiyong Oppa and he seems at ease flipping through the menu book in front of me.

 

"You're not ordering?" Tabi's eyes popped out from the top part of the big size menu book.

 

"No" I mumbled still looking into my phone.

 

"They have the best ice cream here or so on, you don't want?" he insists.

 

"No" I didn't even want to look up because I'm so lazy to see Jiyong Oppa now.

 

"Or pasta? It's your favorite right? Wait, they have pesto here as well"

 

"No"

 

"At least order drinks. Hot chocolate?" Tabi grins.

 

"No" I reluctantly answer him. I know it's impolite to throw the tantrum to Tabi but I know I can't throw this kind of attitude to Jiyong Oppa. I've been taught not to.

 

"What's wrong with you?" Tabi smack the book into the table.

 

"Nothing" I flinched and turn my eyes to him and back again into my phone.

 

"Put that phone down"

 

"Why!"

 

"Put it down!" he twitches while grabbing my phone, I yank.

 

"Tabi!"

 

"What's wrong with you? I'm asking you nicely here and you act at me, throwing all those sracastic tone!"

 

"I'm having oblivion mood right now, return back my phone please?" I answer in sarcastic manner then bend in my body, try to grab the phone back but he estranges my phone back.

 

"Lee Chaerin, where's your manner toward elder?"

 

"I'm not the ill mannered person in here. Could you just give my phone back?" I start to tremble. As I talk, I build up my senseless emotion, I need to get angry but I couldn't.

 

Do you know that feeling? When you hopelessly need to get angry and throwing tantrum but you just can't? You really need to burst your feeling out but in the same time you have to surpress that feeling till death! It's what I feel right now. I need myself to cry because I'm so hopeless.

 

"What do you mean?" Tabi rolls his eyes and I face Jiyong Oppa who's now putting back his menu book and facing me.

 

"Ask Jiyong Oppa" I throw him an upset gaze and quickly grab my phone back to Tabi. He's trying to take it back but I'm nimble enough to stand up and grab my bag.

 

"Wait, where are you going?"

 

"Restroom" I said without turning my head into them. I can hear Tabi curses and mumbled loudly into my action.

 

Why? You guys are older than me so you can instruct me around about what to do and not? Will Jiyong Oppa uses his sickness as premise again? When will this chain reaction end?

 

I storm my way out of the café, panting and try to hold my tears as it need to burst out right now. How dare he ruin up my Saturday? That imbecile Oppa. He's the one to blame!

 

I pace up myself into the restroom; Almost slamming the door out of frustration when I enter one of the chambers. I smack my bag into the top of the closet and panting. Cover up my whole face and try to gain composure for not screaming off and attracting attention from the fellow girls doing their own thing in each of the other chamber. I took a deep breath in hope that I won't let my tears down, but as I took a very deep breath, it seems like my eyeballs are flaring up.

 

I sob a bit and I know a tear roll down on my cheek but then it's all completely gone. A drop of tear is enough. I widen up my nose nostril and try to breathe in as much as I can then blow it out harshly and mixing it with a deep sigh at the same time. Gosh!

 

Okay! I'm perfectly fine. I've been trained to overcome this little thing. This was nothing compare to my real problem. I'm good and I'm not doing any bad things. I do what I should do. I'm just a human. I have my limit and sometimes, Jiyong Oppa is so expert at poking it out.

 

I walk out of the restroom. Gained my composure already. Okay, I'm mature enough. You're not an ordinary fourteen years old girl. You are a fourteen years old girl with twenty six years old problem. You are mature and you are definitely more mature than that stupid Oppa over there. You can't lose Lee Chaerin.

 

I'm on my way back into the café. Yes, you can do it, smile smile smile. Nothing's bad happen. You just lose control of your temper for a while.

 

Ohh, my phone buzzing. Woo Zico.

 

"Hello, this is McDonald's may I help you?" I lowering my tone and smirk, making fun of him.

 

"Ohh- yes please, I want to place my order" he giggles and joining my silly drama.

 

"Yes sir, what would you like to have?" I continue making my way into the café.

 

Jiyong Oppa is grazing to the other side of the café, he didn't realize I'm back. Tabi in the other side are glaring at me.

 

"Urm, let me see, what's today's special menu?" He continues and try making as real as possible.

 

I make my way back into my seat. Jiyong Oppa look startled and acting all guilty. I can see from his weird gesture trying avoiding eye contact with me. I give him a forcing exaggerating uninterested smile and he once again flinch. I grin ear to ear to Tabi who still following my every move.

 

I wave at the waitress and whisper menu and he nods.

 

"Well, I suggest happy meal set sir? It's suitable for you I think" I chuckle and gazing upon the menu book whiles the waiter waiting for me to place my order.

 

"Hahahaha! Happy meal yes! Gosh Chaerin-ah! You pull it really. I believe you should join the drama club, they'll cry for you there!" Zico burst into laughter and me as well. I can see the reaction of two people in front of me is getting confuse.

 

I appoint at 'Spaghetti Alfredo with Deep-Fried Prawn and Basil-Mussels' to the waiter and he nods while writing my order. I whisper mineral water and he nods again, I return back the menu book and form a simple smile to him to show my gratitude. He bows back to me and leave into the kitchen.

 

"Should I? But you're not fooled; I thought I startled you before, urhhh…"

 

"Yes it worked, for a moment I got confuse and look back to my phone to see if I've dialed the wrong number"

 

"Aigoo, really? So, really, what can I help you?" I say happily taping on the table and look up to two men in front of me.

 

Tabi is now busy with his smart-tablet, probably looking through to Wall Street money exchange he loves so much while Jiyong Oppa, only gaze into the table, doing nothing. Blehhh! No way, I'm not pity him, he deserves it.

 

"Nothing, just calling to- you know-"

 

"What?" I cut him and blush a bit. It's not rare of him calling me. In fact, we've been calling and texting each other ever since we went back from the field trip.

 

"Just to say hi"

 

"Sheesh! We just met like a minute ago" I giggling.

 

"Yeah, precisely ten minutes before"

 

"Ohh no, don't talk about precise and exact time please? I'm having enough of precisely-timed manner today" I talk louder so that Oppa on that side knows how much I find him so peevish before. Well, it works though, he looks up to me with depressed face.

 

Guilty feeling crept along with it into my mind. Did I do it too far? I return back my gaze into the customers of this café. Try to avoid the eye contact.

 

"Really? Sorry, doesn’t mean to kill your mood though"

 

"No, I'm sorry, I don’t really mean it. SO, you're not watching yet?"

 

"Yeah, in another twenty minutes. So where are you?"

 

"Eating"

 

"Let me guess, pasta?"

 

"Ahhh, you remember" I blush again, fanning myself.

 

"Ms. Lee, I'm genius, I remember everything"

 

"Yeah except history" I laugh because Zico is truly at history.

 

"Hey, that's not fair!"

 

"Oho Mr. Woo, don't act smart"

 

Jiyong Oppa and Tabi's order come. The waiter serves it politely on the table and Tabi thanking him. He order Fish and Chips and fork one of the small size crispy strip of salmon coated in deep fried floor with his left hand and swallow it in one munch, still having his gaze onto his smart-tablet. Jiyong Oppa doesn’t seem interested in his food; he's mixing up all those Seafood Risotto with the round spoon.

 

"You're with your brothers?"

 

"Of course. Who else can I be with, you fool"

 

"Ahhh, I thought you're going out alone somewhere"

 

"No no, I'm eating with my brothers"

 

"Okay then, gotta go now; Seungri is glaring at me like there's no tomorrow"

 

"Sure. Have fun"

 

"You too. I'll call you later on"

 

"Yeah, I'll be waiting. Bye"

 

He hangs the phone and I feel like my ears are hot. Thank you radiation. I rub my ear and take the tissue to clean the phone as well.

 

"You've catch your mood back?" Tabi said without looking at me.

 

"Yep" I smile.

 

"Who's that just now? You're getting red everywhere and throwing those weird cringe-worthy giggles. I couldn't help but think how could that person hears your over-acting giggling"

 

"Yah Tabi! How dare you. I'm not. When did I do that?" I feel embarrassed, pointing my fist to him and fanning my face.

 

"Oh, a boy!" he's pointing at me and put down his smart-tablet next to his fine-looking plate of Fish and Chips.

 

"Eishhhh" I sheepishly chimed in and covering my face out of over-blushing.

 

"Am I getting little brother-in-law soon?" he pokes fun at me, munching his french-fries.

 

"Aigooo! NO!" I fan him and take couples fries then put it in my mouth.

 

We forget that Jiyong Oppa is existing. He just sits there, uninterestingly gazing for his messy-looking Risotto, resting his chin onto his palm, elbow on the table.

 

"Ji, your food looks like jumbled dirty puzzle, stop stirring at them, I can lose my appetite" Tabi pestering at Jiyong Oppa's sudden mood drop.

 

"Yeah…" he sluggishly answers.

 

"Gosh, now Chaerin's bad mood makes its high leap into you? What the hell wrong with you two?" he shakes his head.

 

"I'm taking care of my bad mood already, Tabi. I've learn well"

 

"You sounds like Omonim when she's on her PMS" he giggled and leering at Jiyong Oppa who's still not on his mood.

 

"Where will be heading to after this?" I make an eye contact with Tabi, try to lift up his sudden bad mood.

 

"Dunno, ask Mr. Kwon Rich over there. Givenchi sound good" he blinks.

 

"Yeah, YSL or Chanel might be a good spot too" I throw him a smile but he didn't give a positive reaction, moreover he didn’t seems interested.

 

"Let's go home" Oppa bump his fork harshly. Making other guests flinch at us. I and Tabi went silent.

 

"Jiyong Oppa…" I brace myself up to calm him down.

 

"Ji, what's wrong? Calm down"

 

"Now!" he put on his stern face into his plate, not bother with the guest, waiters, and all of us.

 

"Ji calm down. Breath in" Tabi tries to calm him down, patting his back while I bow down to other guests and the waiters.

 

"Stop it. I'm not buying. Home now!" he almost shout out.

 

"Okay, okay. Let's go home" Tabi maintaining his calm stance while gesturing me to ask for the bill.

 

The waiter seems puzzled since Tabi and Jiyong Oppa barely finish their food and my food hasn't come yet either but he complies and get us the bill while Tabi still trying to calm Jiyong Oppa's sense down.

 

"Oppa are you okay?" I try to reach his hand but he harshly pulled his arm from my reach. He suddenly stands up and make his way out from the café.

 

Tabi keeps his composure and ask me to catch him up while he needs to settle the bill. I nods and hurriedly follow Jiyong Oppa and try to pace up to catch him up.

 

"Oppa, wait…" I try to reach his back but before I can do that, he whirls into me and open his mouth.

 

"Silent! I don’t want to hear you" he covers his ears and closes his eyes.

 

That word stab me deep, cut open my heart and cause a painful unstoppable bleed. I hesitate to get closer to him but I need to keep my eye on him before he did something harmful to himself.

 

"Oppa, calm down. Breath in, breath out" I try to reach him again. Thank goodness nobody starring at us, they are too busy enjoying themselves.

 

"Be quiet. I don’t want to hear you. Be quiet!" he yells at me, still covering his ears with both, hands he then veered into the jumbled crowd, half-running.

 

"Oppa wait!" I try to catch up with him but he shoves everybody who's blocking his way. The next second Oppa bump into a little boy and he feels down while Oppa keeps running away. I need to stop and help the little kid to get up.

 

"What are you doing to my son?!" a woman hurriedly running into us and shoves my shoulder roughly. She shoves me hard but thanks to my reflect-muscle, I didn't get the chance to fall aback.

 

"I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" I tremble a bit seeing the little boy cries so hard. His face is as red as tomato and he cried like crazy. I try to reach my hand into the boy but the mom prevents me of doing so.

 

"Don't touch my son! How dare you! Look what you did to my son!" she angrily shouts to me and I can't keep unnoticed that now everyone's eyes are on me.

 

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. What can I do for you? Should I get you band aid?" I bow down many times but the little boy still cries a river while the mom tries to calm him down by hugging him and hold him into her chest.

 

"No need!! Teenager these days have no manner at all. All you guys can do is ing around you parents and swindling on their money!" she shouts at me and I can't do anything. I just look to the floor while keep bowing down. I feel so embarrassed right now. I keep holding back my tears and keep bowing down to the mom. I know I created quiet ruckus now.

 

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to"

 

"Look what you've done to my son! He's crying like crazy! If something bad happen to my son, I'll sue you!" she's keeping her harsh word into me, she's so mad right now.

 

"You can sue her if that really happen" both of us whirl into the voice.

 

 See Tabi come from the crowd and hold my shoulder then pulled me into him. I'm so scared that I dive my face deep into his chest right away. He leads me walk closer to the mom.

 

"You can sue my sister all you want but don't get surprise if the same suing letter comes to you. We have witnesses and CCTV, we'll see the truth. We can even hear you calling my sister ing around with no manner when she's clearly apologizing couple times to you"

 

I can't see how the mom's expression after Tabi's remark but she said nothing.

 

"Good choice ma'am. I'm sorry for your son, if anything happen, you can contact me through this number" Tabi release me and grabbing his business card out from his wallet and give it to the mom whose face suddenly turn pale.

 

"Once again I apologize for my sister's accidental action. Have a good day. Let's go Chae"

 

Once again I bow down to the mom and Tabi grabs my hand then lead me out of the crowds. I still try to gain composure while catching my own breath. My hand still trembles under Tabi's hand.

 

"Where's Ji?"

 

"I'm sorry, I lost him. But he's moving this way. He should be somewhere ar-" I glance to my environment and I can see Jiyong Oppa; sitting desperately in the corner of an empty bench. As I fix my eyes toward him, Tabi notices Jiyong Oppa's presence.

 

Tabi drags my hand back into him and stomping his way to Jiyong Oppa. This is not good! I have to stop Tabi but it happen in split second and it's too late to stop Tabi now. I wish I could detect what would Tabi do when he stomp his way to Jiyong Oppa, still grabbing one of my hand.

 

"Tabi, don't!" I scream my lung out and grabbing one of his arms.

 

"You ruthless bastard! What the hell happen to you" Tabi grab Jiyong Oppa's collar with both of his fist. I can see a blitzing thunder galloping in his eyes. He's losing his temper.

 

"I wanna go home" Jiyong Oppa turns his gaze away from Tabi's fierce eyes.

 

"You what? You head! What the hell is wrong with you?" Tabi tighten up his grip in Jiyong Oppa's collar. I can see Jiyong Oppa grapple himself by trying to pushing Tabi's hand away but he seems hopeless.

 

"I wanna go home!" Jiyong Oppa limply grab Tabi's hand. His action said that he's hopeless but it's contrary to his demanding tone.

 

"Tabi, stop. You're hurting Jiyong Oppa!"

 

"You still defend this dickhead?" Tabi is still glaring at Jiyong Oppa.

 

Their faces are so close yet Jiyong Oppa showing no sign to give in while Tabi showing him no mercy expression. My hand still dangling around Tabi's arm, try to pull it away from Jiyong Oppa's collar yet it won't budge an inch.

 

Oh yeah I forgot that Tabi join Tae Kwon Do; there's no way on earth I could pull his arm away from Jiyong Oppa. Up to this moment, I can sense people starting to realize what happened to us and I'm afraid if they would call security to wipe us out.

 

"Tabi, everybody is watching. Come on, let's just go home"

 

Silent for a while. I can only tighten up my grip around Tabi's arm, pulling him as hard as I can while the crowd around us getting many. I'm so helpless; I don't know what I should do next.

 

"Please?" I pleaded at him and I can sense him loosening his muscle. Thank goodness.

 

"We're not done yet. We'll talk at home. Come on Chaerin!" Tabi push Jiyong Oppa while releasing his grip from around his collar and walks away. Oppa's face is indifferent, still flat and showing no expression at all. He's tidying himself up, especially his crumpled collar.

 

"Oppa, are you okay?" I try to help him tidy up his collar. He grabs my hand and coldly pushing it away.

 

I gulp the sudden bitterness of his reaction. My hand feels cold and I get a stinging dizziness out of nowhere.

 

You've get used to it Lee Chaerin. It's okay. Breath in, breath out. It's okay. Everything is fine. Jiyong Oppa's sudden mood swing is not that hard to be handled. Brace yourself. Tabi is not in the god mood, who know what will he do when we get back home?

 

God, please help. Give me an answer of what should I do. I know I've been really bad to Jiyong Oppa but actually it's not my fault isn't it? Oh well, it probably my fault. Forgive me. Please don’t do this to me. I'll be good girl.

 

We're heading to the basement where we parked the car. Tabi walks further ahead toward the car. Jiyong Oppa is right in front of me. I walk slowly, not wanting to get close to Jiyong Oppa but keep my eye on him.

 

Then again, I can only blame myself for not sensitive enough about Jiyong Oppa's mood. I know that I shouldn't piss him off when he's having a very good mood to start with. I should be more mature and hold my emotion well. Is it really my fault or can I blame Oppa's sickness?

 

I look up gaian to Jiyong Oppa. We're going to passing through an intersection now. He still walks slowly. Face the pavement. I can see a car slowly moving towards him. That car isn't that fast but Oppa doesn't seems to care about it. I don’t have a time to think straight.

 

I tuck his arm to the back; try to move him to the side, making space for the car to pass through, afraid that the car could hit him. It happens so fast I couldn’t predict what will happen next.

 

Oppa flinched and roughly wean my hand, flicks my grip on his hand, sending me to the back. I lose my balance and I can feel my body couldn't hold the axis and I fell to the pavement. At the same time I see the car turn to the right.

 

I fell to my back; it's good that only my and the right side of my elbow kiss the floor rather than my head. I could feel the bump and I feel a little pain.

 

"Chaerin!" I can hear Tabi scream and heading towards me. Jiyong Oppa only freezes in his position.

 

"I'm okay" I said slowly and Tabi runs towards me, helping me to wake up.

 

"Are you hurt? Let me see your elbow" he swiftly grab my hand.

 

"It's okay. I'm okay Tabi"

 

"You're not!" he shouts in horror face, I follow his gaze towards my elbow.

 

I can see my elbow bleed and scratches around the bleed. It doesn't feel that hurt. It's not that bad actually. Only sting a bit.

 

"Are you crazy?" Tabi shout to Jiyong Oppa who freezes in front of us. He looks shocked as well but nothing comes out of his mouth.

 

"Tabi, I'm okay" I try to calm Tabi down. My eyes widen up and my hands feels cold. The heartbeats can't stop drumming like a thousands canon being shot.

 

"Get away! Let's go Chaerin" Tabi pushes Oppa and he almost fall down. Tabi drags me, get me by my wrist and hold me tight, dragging me into the car, leaving Jiyong Oppa behind. I feel so scared I couldn’t feel my stinging elbow.

 

"Tabi, wait. Jiyong Oppa!" he only stands there. I could only see his back, he didn’t turn away.

 

"He can go home by himself" Tabi respond coldly.

 

"Wait, Tabi, we can't leave him like that! Jiyong Oppa!" I try to push Tabi away. Now I couldn’t hold back my tears anymore. In between my stinging elbow and my painful heart seeing Jiyong Oppa, I feel so desperate.

 

I try and try to unlock Tabi's hand around my wrist but it didn’t work. My tears flowing down like river but Tabi doesn't seems to care.

 

"Wait Tabi, wait, Tabi please… Don't be like this" he ignores me completely. I can only see Jiyong Oppa's back, slowly getting farther away from my sight but he just freeze like that, I'm afraid that something bad will happen to him.

 

He's not in a good condition right now.

 

I can't stop my tears. It spills like overflowing water you pour onto a filled up glass.

 

Tabi drag me furiously; I can feel it from the tight grip of his hand around my wrist. For the last time, I try to convince him not to do reckless thing like leaving Jiyong Oppa alone.

 

"Tabi-"

 

"Be quiet! Get in, now!" he open the door in front of me and give me a death glare stare. He can't compensate now, I can see it and I can sense it. I turn my head to look at Jiyong Oppa but I don’t dare to make another disagreement with Tabi.

 

"Stop looking and just get in" he ordered me in coarse voice. I comply helplessly. I sit on the car and I can still see Jiyong Oppa's silhouette far away. He still stands there like zombie.

 

Tabi gets into the car, he slams the door as hard as he can and starts the engine brutally. He's cursing and step on the pedal like mad men. We drive and pass through Jiyong Oppa.

 

I can't help myself but sticking my face into the window. He's still stand there. I try to catch a glimpse of his face; my vision is so blurry right now. Tears keep flowing down from my eyes like a stormy waterfall. I sob and my face feels hot.

 

Just then; even though only a little; even though only a glimpse; even though only for three seconds, I can finally see his face. He lift up his face slowly as our car passed him.

 

That expression. That painful expression. I can clearly see it in his face. That painful face is enough to make my heart bleed more. The car run fast and I can't see him again.

 

I can only cry, squeezing my palm against each other on my lap.

 

"You tolerate it too much" Tabi said suddenly.

 

"He can have mood swing, he could suddenly be happy and be sad in another minute, but how come that bastard hurts you?" he curses again.

 

"I'm okay-"

 

"You're okay? YOU ARE OKAY!? Can't you see the cut on your elbow? Are you blind? Are you crazy?" he continues his rants.

 

I couldn’t say anything anymore. Inside my mind I've been telling Tabi that it's okay, I've been explaining about my tolerance level with Jiyong Oppa, I've told him that Oppa didn’t do anything wrong, I've told Tabi couples time in my mind but those long words didn't come out of my throat. Something blocking my voice to come out and I know it was Tabi's anger.

 

"Why everyone around me becomes crazy? Lee Chaerin please returns your sanity back! That punk suddenly had a ing bad mood, he pushes you out of nowhere, and he didn't even help you nor say sorry to you then you can say I'm okay casually. Are you crazy? Are you out of your mind?"

 

"Tabi... It's not like that…" I sobbed.

 

"You've gone mad. You're definitely crazy! You've affected by that punk's virus!!"

 

"Tabi! Don't talk like that about Jiyong Oppa!" I don’t even know where I got this kind of strength to fight back. How come Tabi said something like that about Jiyong Oppa?

 

He pull the car over to the side road. Hit the brake suddenly, make me wave a bit to the front I need to grip myself by sustaining my hand into the dashboard or I'll bump my head in second.

 

Out of frustration Tabi slam the steer. His face is so scary right now. This is the first time I see him losing his cool cold composure. I can see the twitching muscle around his grip in the steer and it drives me insane.

 

"You…"

 

He paused. I hold my breath, I don't dare to predict what will he do or say to me any second by now. I'm just not ready for anything besides coming back to get Jiyong Oppa right now.

 

I feel frantic, this is so scary. I never thought that I'm capable of giving this kind of stunt to Tabi. He has my utmost respect after Kwon uncle and now… I don't know what kind of devil possess me and give me this dark filthy strength to come up against him.

 

"Since when did you realize that you like that bastard?" he still closing his eyes while swooshing out that death-sentence smoothly from his firm lips.

 

CLICK!

 

I'm pretty sure that's the sound of an unlocking padlock on a chest that was buried deep down inside my heart…. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hi there ^^

Long chapter...

I really put my sould into this story, please read it with a light heart

Please continue to support me with comments

I'm very happy whenever I saw your comments ^^

 

Now I'm in the middle of writting the last part of chapter 6 and continue to the beginning of chapter 7

Wish me luck

I might not update for a while because of work

Please wait patiently

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoy writting it

 

xxx,

[]