That Warm Hug

The Red String

Chapter 3-

 

"Okay, line up guys. Two rows as usual! Lee Seungri Kang Daesung, shut up and listen! Both of you move here to the front so I can keep my eye on you!" Kang-ssem's voice echoing throughout the hall. Yes, he doesn't even need that useless megaphone on his right hand to yelled at Seungri and Daesung who kept giggling about what've happened last night.

 

Last night? No, it's not about me. No, they didn't caught me bringing phone. 

 

Last night Seungri and Daesung sneaked up from their room to buy soft drink in the nearest convenient store; while they were tiptoed outside, a big frog suddenly jumped out from its living place, shocking those two silly boy who screaming their lung out and slipped their way into the gutter. Jung-ssem's face was beyond ultra-annoyed mad last night. Still wearing his sleeping pack and ugly yellow pajamas, he went outside like crazy, thinking that there might be assaulting or theft sneaking on our staying place.

 

Now I'm wondering what did Seungri's mom craved, when she was pregnat with baby Seungri. How could he turn to be this childish immature teasing boy?

 

I the phone this morning just to find a text from Tabi saying that Jiyong Oppa acting up again. For all the goddesses of fairy bull tale people around the world, he's 21 years old. Why it seems like I'm more mature than him?

 

"Did you sleep well?" Jennie start the conversation while we're making our way into another big hall to listen about the history of Kimchi.

 

"Kind of, you?" I shrug off, thinking about last night's phone call make my mood ramp down.

 

"Practically yes but not mentally. This is the first time for me staying away from home" she clean her hand with hand sanitizer before taking off her shoes as we're about to enter the room which require us to take our shoes off.

 

"Really? No field trip for first year in Gwangju?" I put my shoes next to her and I can see Bommie pouting in the other side as Jiyeon accidently shoves her shoes away.

 

"Ahh, no. I didn't join. I was… sick… that time" she smile again; brushing off her beautiful jet-black long healthy hair.

 

"Do you have insomnia?" I ask in concern; I can see tiny trace of black-eye-bag around her eyes.

 

"Not up to that extend, I'm more nervous about those two" she chuckled as she leers on the troublemaker duo in front of us.

 

"I know how you feel, they are practically waking the whole zombie up at dawn, even the chickens are still asleep"

 

"Hi girls, sleep well last night?" Zico slower down and walk next to me.

 

"Not with last night's scream" Jennie said; I was shocked that she can throw that kind of joke to Zico.

 

"Yeah, those girly scream give me chills" Zico laughs.

 

"I got nightmare" I shakes my head, jumping into the joke as we sitting crossed-leg on the cold floor.

 

We're having an old lady giving speech about the history of Kimchi and how it become our national's food trademark when my watch vibrate. Uh-oh… not again.

 

"Will Shin-ssem let me go to bathroom?" I whisper to Jennie. She gives me I-don't-know-why-don't-you-try look. I nod and making my way into Shin-ssem who looks bored with the old lady's speech.

 

"Can I go to bathroom?" I ask carefully, try to lower my voice and she nods.

 

I make my way outside, breathe in as many fresh air as I can. Stretch myself up and feel relieved that I get no cramp for sitting down too long.

 

------------
From: Hunchae <3


Oppa miss you so much.
------------

 

He text me like nothing's happened last night. I don't know whether I should categorize him into carefree person or just heartless person. What did you expect from this kind of text? Replying back that I miss you also? Blehhh… That does not gonna happen today. Let's see if he still can text me back if I ignore this one. He's not even asking how am I doing, he just text to state what's on his mind. Everything is about him, him, and him. He never really thinks about me.

 

I make my way back into the hall, just right after the old lady finishing her long speech about how proud we should be of Kimchi.
The next session is about making Kimchi. After taking short notes on how to properly make Kimchi, we're divided into smaller group to make Kimchi which later on we can bring home.

 

I'm stuck between Zico and Seungri. Gosh, it can't be worse right?

 

"You, move aside. I'll press it hard, you pour the chili paste" bossy Seungri taking the pink gloves and shoves it onto his palm.

 

"You're the one who should step aside. It's only for muscular man" he elbowed Seungri and grab another pink gloves harshly.

 

"I have muscle right here. Thank you" he shows his-not-so-thick-muscle to us and shoves Zico back.

 

"Pftt, yeah… Muscle" he scoffs.

 

"Do you have problem with me?" Seungri rolled his eyes and feel underestimated.

 

"! Since a long long time ago, you just realize that we're having problem now?" Zico shakes his head.

 

"You wanna feel how muscular I am?" he faces Zico in a battling stance.

 

"Try me?" Zico provoked and busting out his chest against Seungri's crossed arm.

 

"Thank you for the help" I said then taking the pink gloves and start shoving my hand to pressed the cabbage and radish together.

 

"Let me help you" Zico and Seungri say in unison.

 

"Don't follow me" Zico snorts and go to my left side.

 

"Oh please?" Seungri scoffs and positioned himself next to my right side.

 

"You two please?" I giving both of them death glare and they right away focusing themselves into the cabbage and radish.

 

"Mister over there, flip it harder please?" Seungri starts again after a few moment of silent.

 

"Lee Seungri" I squint my eyes to him and he right away throw his gaze back down to the cabbage.

 

"Yeah, Lee Seungri" Zico is sticking out his tongue.

 

"Woo Zico" I leered at him from the corner of my eyes and he throws his gaze back into the cabbage and radish fast while I can hear Seungri chuckled in low tone.

 

I need to get myself exhausted by these two childish boys who kept appointing at the other's flaw during the Kimchi making. I need to gear myself up and act like foreman, keeping them busy from each other.

 

God, I know I've been bad to Jiyong Oppa; but he start it first. What did I do wrong?

 

My watch vibrate again. Please not now. I can't hide it anywhere since my watch is way above the pink gloves; I bet those two see the flash of my watch now.

 

"Ohh, is that?" Zico curiously squint his eyes to look at my watch which I hide it behind my back fast.

 

"Oh, is that the smartwa-" before Seungri could yell and practically tell the whole hall about my watch, I stuffed his mouth with a hunk of unfinished cabbage which made him gasp and the red paste spills everywhere.

 

Seeing his messy mouth with chili paste I just burst into laughter while he only stands there, dumbfounded by my sudden action. Zico also laugh his life out seeing Seungri's messy mouth and top.

 

In spilt second Seungri spill the red paste to my nose and top. I was so shocked and didn’t see it coming. He's trying to start the food war part two. He throws another spill to Zico's face which end up in his hair and forehead, making me burst into another laughter. Zico spat the paste and spill it back to Seungri and three of us playing the chili paste war by ourselves and laughing at how messy and dirty we get, I just forget about the text.

 

The three of us finished the kimchi messily, get our clothes and hair dirty but we enjoy the laughter.

 

Kang-ssem just glaring at us when we pass through him after the kimchi-making session was over. He's leering his eyes on us and I can feel his killing aura, we pretend that nothing happened, putting up our poker face and burst again into laughter as we make our way outside the hall.

 

We go back to our own room for taking a bath; the next session coming up after that. Bommie just speechless when she saw my dirty messy hair and top.

 

"Are you making kimchi or are you joining the Vietnam War?" she rolled her eyes and I just laugh.

 

"I'm having my own food war with Zico and Seungri"

 

"Yeah gurl, you nailed it!"

 

""Hey, I'm not"

 

"You're in a group with Zico and Seungri. Only God knows they have a big crush on you" she then shrug her shoulder off.

 

"No way miss Park, you over imagine it. Thank you"

 

"Whatever! But it's good, you look limped this morning I'm afraid I might need to call Tabi Oppa to pick you up"

 

"Yeah, call through my " I stick my tongue out.

 

"Yes, from the curvy of yours. Did you forget that you bring Jiyong Oppa's phone?"

 

"Oh shoot! You remind me!" I rolled my watch and read the text. Another message from that Kiko girl.

 

---------------
From: Kiko


Hi Chaerin, I know you must've been shocked that I text you. I'm Kiko, Jiyong's girlfriend. I've saved your number and Jiyong told me that you bring his phone. It sounds a bit cheesy and awkward but let's hang out sometimes with Jiyong too. Happy trip! 


xxx 
Kiko Unnie
-----------------

 

Blehhhhhh, what is this? My eyes widened seeing this weird message.

 

"What? Something happen?" Bommie realize my shocking expression and grab my hand then read the message.

 

"Hehhhh? What's this?" I'm glad that Bommie have the same reaction as I did.

 

"I never thought that Jiyong Oppa will choose this kind of girlfriend" I rolled my eyes.

 

"Gosh, she's weird" Bommie agrees.

 

"Indeed. Should I reply it?" I ask her.

 

"If I were you, I won't do that"

 

"But it will look impolite right?" I ask her confirmation.

 

"Bull with impoliteness. She probably tricking you so that she can get the full access of Jiyong Oppa" she rereads the message.

 

"But, she won't do that. It's too risky"

 

"Hello miss Lee Chaerin, every girl would love to risk everything to get your rare Jiyong Oppa you know" she flicks my forehead.

 

"Ouch, Bommie!" I rub my forehead.

 

"I need to flick your brain so you know how rare your Oppa is"

 

"Yeah he is" I scoff; Bommie know nothing about Oppa's illness.

 

"He's rich, he's handsome, he's hot, he's a true fashionista, and not to freaking forget to mention that he has that melting-puppy-eye smile" she says counting upward her fingers and almost scream out during the last part.

 

"You crazy girl" I shoves her forehead and make my way to the bathroom.

 

"You're not replying aren't you?" she's hinting disagree tone on me.

 

"N to the O" I said in fluent English.

 

"Good girl!" she shouts and I can hear her steps fade away.

 

Gosh, the shower feels exhilarating and so refreshing. That Kiko girl, I wonder how she looks like. Is she really Jiyong Oppa's new girlfriend? Well, it's not that he has the obligation to tell me everything, I don't care.

 

Okay, I care, a bit, maybe?

 

As I get out of the bathroom, I find Bommie laying on the bed, half snoring half opening wide in messy yoga position.

 

I still have time to nap before the next session but I don’t feel sleepy at all. I take the watch and the phone from the table. Starring at it and reread the message from that Kiko girl.

 

Whether she's really Jiyong Oppa's girlfriend or not, I need to reply her text, right? If she's not his girlfriend then this Unnie really head-over-heel to Oppa. I don't know what did all those girls see from Jiyong Oppa?

 

If I can write down his flaw, I can produce another Twilight Saga…

 

Wait, Tabi! I should ask Tabi. He probably knows something I don't. Jiyong Oppa shares almost everything to him.

 

--------------
To: Tabi


SOS! Kiko, new girlfriend, confusion, confirmation?
-------------

 

Tabi would do. I mean, he knows almost everything about Jiyong Oppa right? Or maybe he's not? I can't wait to know what's on his mind. I lay down on my bed. Putting the phone near to my head, starring it like forever and suddenly it buzzed.

 

-------------
From: Tabi


No idea. Ask Ji. I'm busy.
------------

 

Just as I thought that he'll spill the gold, he gave me dirt. Busy? Sound cliché to me, but I won't text Jiyong Oppa. No way I'm gonna do that!

 

I reread the text and I just got stomachache when she called herself Kiko Unnie to me. She's as much annoying as Kwon Mira; Jiyong Oppa's cousin who seems obsessed to him.


 
After 5 minutes pass, I grab my phone. Reread the text for the last time before I choose to ignore her message. Just as what Bommie had said before, she could be faking it. No need to be too serious. She could be joking with me too.

 

With that, I try to relaxing my joints especially my shoulder muscle where I flipping up the cabbage to make kimchi before. I took glance at the red container on the desk. My kimchi and my pottery glass sit comfortably next to each other. I think I'll give the kimchi to Aunty Choi while giving Appa the pottery glass.

 

I pulled my blanket and positioned my pillow to my comfy and once again, before I closed my eyes, I took a glance at the pottery glass, that actually was about to be given to Jiyong Oppa but I change my mind because of this Kiko girl, and Jiyong Oppa's face flashes then I went on sleeping.

 

-------------------------------------------


"Lee Chaerin! We're late! Omaigad! Nobody wakes us up? Gosh! What's the function of your phone?" Bommie's voice wakes me up.

 

I curled up my lips and heavily try to open my eyelids. I groan out of frustration and resentfully try to ignore Bommie's squealing voice.

 

"Lee Chaerin!"

 

"Urgngh…. Bommie, shut up, I heard you already" I said, then waking up to see her running around like crazy. She is sure looks messy coming back and forth to take her towels and soap, then in split second running back and forth to take shampoo and toothpaste.

 

"Get your fat here!" she grabs my hand and drag me to the bathroom. Undressed me in ten seconds, throwing all my pajamas to the corner of the bathroom, turning of the cold showers and successfully makes me yelped and scream my brain out, shed the vanilla scent soap into my body and at the same time spill the shampoo into my hair.

 

"You better be fast, gosh!" as she said it I was submissively comply with her and wash my hair and body. 

 

I can see her roughly scrub her body and as quick as possible try to rinse herself. Without my notice, she sluice up another cold shower my body hasn't adjusted to yet but I was too tired to let out a protest so I just hold my annoying mood and dry myself up as she throws me the towel.

 

When we're out, I still can sense her urge to be ready quick. She's drying her hair with towel while preparing her outfit.

 

"Bommie, what time is it?"

 

"Almost late" she said then gussy up in the mirror.

 

"What time is our next session?" she puts on her top.

 

"Almost up" she moves to the other side and put on her pants.

 

"Our next session is at five" I said then sitting down on my bed, titling my head and dry my hair gently with the towel.

 

Long silence, she paused and turns to see me with dumbfounded look. She winks a couple times, open to say anything but eventually closes it without a word. I give her that sluggish look and shrug off.

 

I knew she read the watch wrong. She looks disturbed and guilty, throwing her gaze here there, avoiding my gaze to her then tiptoed her way into my phone. She grins dumbly at me then put my phone back down.

 

"Chaerin-ie honey bunny sweetie cutie pie my sweetheart"

 

"My " I give her dead glare, she bites her lower lips and approach me carefully.

 

"Chaerin-ie baby" she tries to kiss me, comically spread her arms, while I'm drowned on my bad mood already.

 

"Baby my " I shoves her face and poke her hard till she thuds back into the pillow.

 

"Awww! That's overboard" she yelped, rubbing her forehead.

 

"You're overboard"

 

"Aww, come on, you know how I am" she giggled but I ignore her.

 

"Chae-ah" she moves closer again.

 

"Chae, are you really angry to me?" I just keep silent, throwing my gaze into another place.

 

"Really?" she sounds annoyed.

 

"Bommie, how come you make that kind of sound. It's not my mistake in the first place" I sigh and getting irritated by how she acts now.

 

"What? I already said sorry" she glares me back. Wait, what kind of attitude is that?

 

"If sorry is enough we won't need policeman" I scoff.

 

"Excuse me?!" she raises her tone. Okay, she's acting up now.

 

"I just said that you're supposed to be more careful, you know at lea-"

 

"Thank you!" she throws me her towel and stomps her way out of the bedroom, practically slamming that goodamit door so hard this building might fall apart.

 

I can't believe it. She's the one to blame, how can she gets angry to me? I'm so angry right now my hands tremble so hard.

 

First Jiyong Oppa, then this unknown weird Kiko girl, then Tabi, now Bommie joins forces too? What did I do wrong? I don’t deserve any of these things! It's so unfair!

 

Why the whole world seems to be against me all the time? Gosh, I'm so tired I think I deserve myself to curse other people. What the heck is this? I'm so tired. Please someone help me.

 

I crash myself into the bed, still having the towel around my wet hair and Bommie's towel on my grip. I cover up my eyes with my right arm; try to block the light from the lamp that seems shining down exaggeratingly to me. I can feel my face burn up. My eyes getting teary I could feel a drop of tear flowing smoothly on my cheek.
I let my sob out and another tear flowing down happily out of my cramped eyes. By the time the sounds of clock tickling, I cry a little and let my burden out of my head. I feel so heavy right now, so tired, I'm so done with all the things.

 

Can't I run to a place where I can only sleep all day long without even need to thinks about the other things? I need help but nobody can help.

 

God, I know I'm a bad girl, I will repent. Please help me. I'm tired.

 

I still lying down, my mind wanders off everywhere, thinking about how painful my childhood is when I have to get myself be closer to Jiyong Oppa. I am reminiscing the time when Tabi didn't have time to play with me since he's studying hard in learning thousands of language as his asset to be the best candidate to replace Appa's position in the company. Appa… he's busy all these days. Omma cries a lot to the fact that I've been chosen to dedicate myself for Jiyong Oppa in the future, she's the one who insisting to replace my position with Tabi but Kwon Uncle didn't allow it to happen which upset Omma more. Those freckles seem rooting deep within my heart I just feel pressured by it.

 

The phone buzzes and it startled me. I wipe my tears and clean my runny nose with tissue. I glance myself on the mirror. Great, I look messy. Wet hair, puffy eyes, dark aura.

 

----------------
From: Huncahe <3


May I call?
-----------------

 

I get Goosebumps, my heartbeat stop for a second seeing his text. My minds wandering off again and another text coming, buzzing in my grip and shocked me, I almost drop the phone.

 

----------------
From: Huncahe <3


It's a minute already. Are you having session now?
----------------

 

Same old; same old. He's still the punctual time-so-precious Jiyong Oppa.

 

-------------
To: Huncahe <3


I have session in five minutes.
-------------

 

I lied. I'm not ready for this. In a quarter minute, another text came.

 

---------------
From: Huncahe <3


Three minutes is enough
--------------

 

Why is he so persistence? I rapidly tab the reply button and before I could type another polite rejection to him, an incoming call showed in the display.
Okay! Composure, composure! Inhale, exhale…

 

"………"

 

"………"

 

Silence. None of us speak. Long pause and finally I brace up myself.

 

"Oppa"

 

"Huncahe" he shoots me with that soothing voice of him that I missed so much. I hate it when he can send me those chills even only by phone.

 

"………..." another pause. My mind went blank I don't know what to say. I've been angry to him but no matter how upset I feel, that voice will always win against me.

 

"Hey… I miss you, what are you doing now?" he said gently. I can hear no background voice from the other side of the phone line.

 

"Oppa, you're not at campus?" I chimed up before I could answer his question.

 

"Hmm…" He said weakly, not even bother to cover it.

 

"Why? I mean, it's your schedule today right?"

 

"I don't feel like going"

 

"Did you…" I don't dare to say it. When he's not following his scheduled time, it must be because of that one person....

 

"Yes, I meet Dr. Song before"

 

"Wha- Why?!?!" I almost scream my lungs out, I was so shocked seems like whole of my body went numb and limp.

 

"Tabi made me to"

 

"Tabi? Really? Why? Gosh! Let me throw him big tantrum when I get back home- no wait, I'll call him right now, I can't believe him, how could he do that to you, how come he-"

 

"Huncahe" his voice coarsens and tremble a bit.

 

"Oppa, are you okay? Don't do something weird okay? I'll be back today" I try to calm him down, once again try to gain my composure.

 

"I'm lying down on your bed now"

 

"Yes, you can. I'll scold Tabi when I get back home" my upset feeling is evaporating right now; I couldn't even remember how angry I am towards him. I couldn't even want to remember why I am supposed to get angry to this poor thing yesterday.

 

"No need…. Actually, I kinda need it somehow" he sighs.

 

"Oppa, it's almost three minutes" I remind him, I don’t want him to get another mental wreck down.

 

"I'll pick you up, what time will you arrive?"

 

"Are you sure? Are you okay? Are you strong enough to drive?" I bombard him with this worried-some kind of questions and he chuckled a bit.

 

"Hmmm.. Positive"

 

"I'll be back at eight"

 

"See you soon Huncahe"

 

"Hmm, see you soon Oppa"

 

"I'll hang up"

 

"Bye"

 

He hung up. I was practically getting a heart break. That coarse voice, the fact that he met Dr. song and not forget to mention Tabi; all those things is mixed up with my brain and I feel double tired.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

"Chaerin, are you okay?" Jennie looks worried as she pokes my arms. We're back in the hall, preparing ourselves for another boring lecture. I was standing in my line, gazing upon something I didn't even know.

 

"Yes, I'm okay" I said sluggishly.

 

"You don't look good"

 

"I had a fight with Bommie before" I don't know why, but I never been this open to someone new. Am I too tired thinking about this entire burdensome problem? Is it good to share it with her? I don't know. I don’t care.

 

"May I know why is it?" she carefully asking me, I know she's a good girl. I guess I can trust her.

 

"We fight over small problem and I don't know why it become this big" I massage my temple as I reveal my feeling.

 

"I think it's good"

 

"Really?" I scoff hearing her incredibly shocking remark.

 

"Yeah, friends fight over small things, after the fight, the bonds gets stronger. If you guys only fight over small things, I believe you'll reconcile over small things. I guess it will happen soon" she said then give me smile.

 

"Thank you. I feel better" I grab her hand.

 

"You're welcome. I'll get you drink" she said then leave me alone. I can see her smirks before she left.

 

"Thank you" I shout at her in this crowd noisy hall where voices echoing and giggling rampaging.

 

She turns her body sweetly to see me and wave. She's really as sweet as candy.

 

"Chae-ah" I heard familiar voice and I turn my body fast to see Bommie. Without even thinking I grab her hands.

 

"Bommie, I'm sorry" she shakes her head roughly and hugs me.

 

"No. I'm sorry" I can feel her sincerity and I guess she's sobbing.

 

"I forgive you. Wait, did you cry?" I chuckled and she let go off our brief reunion hug. With that, we reconcile. Pretty fast, huh?

 

Well, I never been really so angry at her. The record of our quarrel is only two days eleven hours thirty seven minutes and five second. Okay, the last part just for a dramatic purpose.

 

"No! Who said?" she tries to gain her composure but I still can see her teary eyes.

 

"Uh Oh, you don't snot on my clothes right? It's Jiyong Oppa's HBA" I pretend to take a look at my shoulder and she slaps my hand.

 

"Ya! How dare you!" and we laugh together.

 

"Ohh, I think I get the right number of drinks" Jennie's voice startled us. She hugs three water bottle in front of her chest and smile sweetly at us. Gosh, those sweet smiles can launch me diabetes anytime soon.

 

"Thank you Jennie, it works!" Bommie yelled then grab the water bottle and practically hang into Jennie's shoulder.

 

"What?" I confusedly ask and grab the water bottle.

 

"Nothing" Bommie turns to see me and hug me back again. We parted as Kang-ssem, as usual, shouting with his mega-bass-ear-wrecker voice to set us up in line.

 

"Okay, everybody line up, we'll take picture. Some boys stand on the small stage. You girls stop giggling, hurry up, Lee Seungri, YA! Seungri! Move there!" Kang-ssem claps his hands couples's time as an instruction to line us up.

 

Me, Bommie and Jennie squeezed like hamburger among the other students. After about five minutes, Kang-ssem, Shin-ssem and Jung-ssem practically have to get their hands down to position us to take picture.

 

Bommie stand between me and Jennie, we're intertwine our elbow together. Shockingly, Zico appeared out of nowhere and stand beside me while I can clearly see Seungri and Daeusng stand behind me on the small stage provided before. All the three hundred other students squeezed and happily pose into the camera. 

 

"Okay, be ready kids, don't be stiff, freestyle, smile, okay, one, two, three… Cheese!" Most of them are giving V-sign, pouting cutely, winking, acting high and there's me grinning like a happy camel; and the camera flashed a couple times; marking the ending of our two days field trip.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

"Chae, are you sure? Last time when I leave you, the rain pours and you soaked wet" Bommie crossed her arm and standing up in front of me with ultra-annoyed face.


"I'm not a baby" I curled up my lips.

 

"Oh! Déjà vu! It's the sign, I mustn't leave you!" she's acting like a total drama queen freaks and I can hear Jennie giggle lightly and try to cover to burst into moron laughter because of Bommie's excessive over-reacted action.

 

"Stop it miss Park DRAMA QUEEN Bom!"

 

"Boo! Wrong answer!" she cover up my mouth and I wince her hand giving her glare.

 

"Okay, you go now or I'll kick your . I'm not a baby, I mean I'm no kid. Hurry up and go" I take a glance at her impatient driver who waits inside the car and looking back and forth into his watch.

 

The school gate are practically turned into small reunion place for all the students and their parents, well, and some of them waiting for their driver. Including Bommie and Jennie will be picked up by their respective driver.

 

Some of the students are waiting for their driver or parents to pick them up, the streets is very crowded now, cars honking, peoples chanting, and street's crowded night filled up around us.

 

"No way, I'll be waiting for you" I try to push her but she dodge my movement like ninja.

 

"No you don't! Help me out here Jennie" I turn my face to see Jennie. She's just shrug off.

 

"I'm waiting period, no comma!" Bommie insists return back my glare with thousand volts deathly glare.

 

"Listen miss Park; you better get back home now because I know your mom will probably making corn soup to welcoming you back" I press her nose and she gulped; Oho! It works.

 

"Sorry, No!" she throws her gaze and still standing there, crossing her arms.

 

"We'll be waiting for awhile, and if your driver still hasn't come, I'll take your place to accompany Chaerin, how is it Bom?" Jennie suggested and even though it's not a brilliant idea, I have to nod as agreement to what Jennie had said.

 

"But, how if rain come suddenly? You guys don't bring umbrella. Wait, how if something happen? How if there is this bad guy want to kidnap both of you because you two are just too cute" Bommie pinches Jennie and my cheeks and we just fanning at her nonsense yapping.

 

"Bommie" I snort then wean her fingers on my cheek.

 

"Bom" I and Jennie said in unison, we are now in the same team and this drama queen has to be kicked out.

 

"Jennie, which side are you?" she pouts and acting cranky.

 

"Her" she appoints at me and I chuckled. We have a small chit-chat to kill the time.

 

"Huncahe!" we were all startled by that voice then all of us whirl our gaze to see the owner of that voice. I gaze up just to find him halfway running to me.
He look handsome as usual and without realize it, everyone just turn their eyes on him. I don't know why but deep within my heart I'm very proud that he's the one who pick me up. Yeah world, he is my handsome unrelated-by-blood brother. Take that HATERS!!

 

"Oh, Oppa!" I wave at him but the reaction wasn't that I expected. 

 

He runs to me then tugging me into his body and hug me close like he's going to bury me deep into his body, sending me warmth embrace and also chills at the same time. I stiffen up and was super shock by his amazingly surprising behavior, I can't see the other people's reaction but I bet that they were all looking at me; gawking, mouth wide open and jaw dropped.

 

"Hey there, I miss you" the usual Jiyong Oppa's sweet tone filled up my earlobe. Lee Chaerin! Everyone is watching! Slap yourself!

 

"Oppa!" I push him hard and feel embarrassed. I can see Bommie's blushing while trying to cover half of her face and Jennie is having a confused awkward reaction. I don't dare to look around anymore, I bet they were all have the same reaction as Bommie.

 

"Hi Bommie" he casually smile at her and I can see Bommie blushes more. Damn girl. How come you show that kind of annoying face to Oppa in front of me?

 

"Oh, Oppa, this is Jennie. My classmate. Jennie this is Jiyong Oppa"

 

"Hi there Jennie, nice to meet you" Oppa throwing his 24 carat smile and I can see Jennie blush off a bit and bowing down to him. Oppa take a look at his watch and I know it his sign for me to move out into the car.

 

"Bommie, you take care of Jennie, I have to go" as I say it, I grab my suitcase handle just to be grabbed over by Jiyong Oppa.

 

"Ye-yeah, sure" she still drool over Jiyong Oppa so I need to poke her back into reality by flicking up her nose. She yelped and then I hug her and Jennie back and forth then say goodbye. I still can sense that both of them left dumbstruck by that idiotic-cheap-soap-opera scene.

 

"Bye girls, see you at school" I wave for the last time and they wave back at me lightly and I give Bommie my last death glare to stop drooling over Jiyong Oppa.


 
I follow him into the crowded people and I literally slap my face to see his precious white Lamborghini Aventador parked sweetly in the middle of the side road where everyone could stare it till death. Three man are walking while sticking out their pair of eyes onto the car. How I wish I could bury myself down under the pavement right now. Where's the attitude of staying low, now I regret my decision to let Jiyong Oppa picks me up.

 

God, I know that high expectation will only lead into high disappointment. Thank you for slamming it right into me.

 

He opens up the back compartment, put my suitcase then he tries to run before me and open up the front door for me. I'm not flustered by his sweet gesture because I've get used to it. I make my way into the passenger seat and close the door above me.

 

He then helps me to put on the seatbelt which I find it little bit too much and twitching my forehead. He starts his engine and practically all eyes are on this car. I have to thank you the night that nobody could see who's the passenger of this too-much-luxurious car.

 

I try to gain my composure since I don't like excessive attention. I never get used to the spotlight or limelight. Attention is a stranger for me; different from Jiyong Oppa who will always get the spotlight wherever he goes.

 

He looks at his watch and smirks in satisfy way I really know. He probably is very satisfied that we make it on time into the car and he makes it on time to start the engine as he scheduled it on his brain before; I almost forget that he went to see Dr. Song before.

 

A little bit shock that he can be this calm and composed after meeting Dr. Song. I qualifying it as advancement of Jiyong Oppa's illness. He won't be this calm a couple month ago. He even needs Tabi to drive him back home but I believe he hasn't made any progression of curing his illness from the way he acts just now.
The car drive slowly and he says nothing. He got his full attention to the road and I can only see his dim side-face from the street lamps.

 

"Why? Is Oppa so handsome you're starring at me like there's no tomorrow?" he chuckled as he realizes that I was gazing him all this long. I don't budge; instead I keep starring him, looking for a trace of sadness out of his expression

 

"You're freaking me out Hunchae, is there something on my face?" I can't spot his sadness but I can feel it deep in my heart that Oppa's isn't quiet joyous as what he displayed.

 

"No, I just… Miss you" I said after a long pause and keep starring at him.

 

"Me more" he said then pokes at my nose, giving me another warm smile and focusing back into the road.

 

"Are you okay Oppa?"

 

"Humm…" he nods lightly.

 

"Good" then I stop starring at him and lean back onto my seat.

 

"Before it's not quite good but it gets better especially when I know that you miss Oppa so much" he chuckled.

 

"I don't say I miss Oppa so much" I curled up my lips, he chuckled lightly.

 

"Uhhhh, don't lie to me. I know you miss me so much"

 

"I'm not. I miss Aunty Choi, Omma and Tabi more"

 

"What? How dare you?" he tweaks my ear gently.

 

"I even bring Aunty Choi and Omma my handmade kimchi" I stick my tongue out to him, he was startled.

 

"What? Handmade kimchi? How come you little brat? Why it's only aunty Choi and your Omma? It's unfair! Where's my share?" he glance back and forth into me and into the road, exclaiming his sullen expression like a child who failed to get a candy.

 

"Oppa has been bad to me, so no kimchi for you"

 

"What? How come, I'm bad? I pick you up right now! When did I? Wait… Aish… How come?" he mumbled but he didn't fight back because he knows that he was wrong before. He's irritated and I can feel it, it's cute to know that he's in a good shape.

 

"But I made a pottery glass for you, if you want it"

 

"Me want! Me want! My Huncahe is very very cute today!" he suddenly getting all hyped up by himself, showing me those goofing childish expression of him like he just won a grand prize.

 

"I know I'm cute" I giggled and he stares again at his watch then grab his phone. He'll probably calling Aunty Choi.

 

"Aunty Choi, yes, she's with me, can you prepare the bath for Chaerin? Oh, she did? No, it's okay. Yes, please tell her we're on our way. Open the gate in two minutes, we're close. Okay, thank you" he hangs up the call and leered on me.

 

"Something happen?"

 

"Nothing. You don't want to ask Oppa about what had happened this noon?"

 

I throb but I try to calmly answer his question. Though I cannot hide it that I'm very curios to what had happened to him with Dr. Song, and how can he be this calm after meeting him, I should know my place before I could throw him that kind of question.

 

"Oppa will tell me if Oppa wants to. So, no need of me to ask" He scoffs then pats my hair gently.

 

I know it looks weird but Jiyong Oppa has been attached to me ever since I was small. Aunty Choi said that Jiyong Oppa and Tabi was waiting in front of the operation room when Omma delivered me into this world. The nurse told her that Jiyong Oppa is acting like a dad-wannabe in front of the surgery room more than Tabi and my own Appa. 

 

Our relationship actually looks more sibling-er than my relationship with Tabi. Of course, when they are together, they will always bully and tease me like ultra dynamic duo. Sometimes, I wonder if Jiyong Oppa was my real brother and Tabi is my fake brother. No, it's not that because Tabi was evil to me or what but Tabi never shows that excessive care towards me, which I find it amusing, and I'm very fine with it. I love them equally. They are indeed the best brother in the world.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

"How's the trip?" Omma spooned the fish soup into my bowl.

 

"So-so" I munch the black rice. Omma always provide us with organic ingredients.

 

"Anything good happened?" she slurping her black tea.

 

"Not really but I get a new friend" I slurp the soup's stew.

 

"Really? What's he looks like?" she seems interested.

 

"It's a girl, Omma"

 

"Ohh, I thought it was a boy, why can't you get yourself a cute boyfriend like Kim So Hyun?"

 

"Omma please!? Anyway, she's the transferred students I told you two months ago"

 

"Oh, really? I forget" she rub her chin, not interested in the topic and rolled her eyes.

 

"Omma, you're growing old now you forgets everything" I chuckle then munch another batch of black rice with bulgogi.

 

"Hey, I'm not" she curled up.

 

"It's Jennie Kim, remember?"

 

"No" she said simply and I snort.

 

"Oh, is that the kimchi that I made this noon?" I appoint the kimchi with my chopstick.

 

"Hey, impolite" she fanning my chopstick with her spoon but I dodge it.

 

"It's just me and you. No need to be too stiff" I pout, and Omma sighs, she then spooned me the kimchi.

 

"Chaerin, even though it's only you and me, you have to always watch yourself; I don't want your carefree action cause you big trouble in the future" here comes Mrs. Lee complaining about my carefree habit.

 

"Omma, it's a traditional way of thinking, we're living in a modern life now, you have to adjust" I murmur.

 

"Well, some people is just too afraid to go out from their comfort zone" she said quietly, replying to my murmur without glancing at me.

 

"Appa does" I blurt out.

 

"Lee Chaerin…." she flinches.

 

"It's true Omma" Okay, I don't really mean it in the mean way.

 

"Even though it's true, it's not polite to say something like that about your Appa"

 

"……." Long pause. Is it a sincere word from you Omma? Or is it just an act?

 

"Chaerin, baby, come here" Omma gestures her hand at me, ask me to move closer to her. I stand up from my dining chair and move closer to her.

 

"Chaerin, I know it has been hard for you to adjust to our situation. Omma didn't ask you to strictly follow the rules in this house but you have to know one thing. Oppa, Omma and Tabi loves you very much, we won't let you face difficulties alone, understand Chae?"

 

"Understand Omma. I'm sorry" I saw her teary eyes but she's holding it back.

 

"No, Omma sorry too. No matter what happen, Omma will fight hard to protect you and your future" she hug me tight like there's no tomorrow.

 

"…………" I shake my head and hug her back, when I release my hug, she's giving me that painful smile.

 

"Omma is also feel very sorry for you, in this young age, when you suppose to smile a lot, play a lot, do many cheerful things a lot; The condition force you to your limit all those things. My daughter, I won't defeated. You trust Omma, I'll bring you brighter future" she pats my cheek and giving me warm smile yet I can feel her fierce determination from that burning pair of eyes. I just can smile.

 

I understand clearly about the fight and the war Omma has been saying. Through years, Omma has been questioning Appa about our future life with Kwon family; something that I shouldn't hear actually.

 

"If you've finished, you should go back to your room and get some sleep. Here, I pour you the tea"

 

"Thank you Omma" after a couple of silent slurp on my tea, I bid myself goodbye to Omma and kiss her on both of her cheek. She said that I'm so precious for the family in swish sound, I nod and bring myself to my bedroom.

 

------------------------------------------------------------


I curled up myself on my bed. I can't sleep. Omma's painful smile still lingering on my brain I just can't erase the now-blurry-vision of my conversation with Omma. 
I know I'm not so close with Omma and Appa. We're trying to make ourselves comfortable around each other's presence. They act like how normal parents should act around their kids, we have boundaries, even though I can speak casually to Omma; there will be this kind of time that Omma doesn't feel like to talk too casually to her daughter and I'm resilient enough to accept that.

 

I don’t ask her or Appa to behave like they are my friends which I can spill everything out at ease, I'm grateful with the way they are and I'm grateful that Tabi is close enough with me despite of our huge . I can always seek wisdom or suggestion from Tabi even though he teases me a lot.
Well, there is Jiyong Oppa whom I seek comfort and security at. I know it might be weird but this complex situation made us so. Even though Jiyong Oppa isn't my real family that related by blood but I can always trust him with anything. He's quite a good listener and his mouth is shut tight like old rustic box.

 

KNOCK KNOCK

 

"Huncahe?" ohh, speak of the devil.

 

"Come in Oppa" I straighten up my position.

 

He opens the door and walk slowly into my bed. Before he sit down next to me, he clean up some stuffs in my dressing-table then sit in the tip of my bed, giving me warm smile.

 

"Hey there" he sway my nose lightly, flashing his signature melting-puppy-eye smile to me.

 

"Hey Oppa" I said sluggishly.

 

"Why haven't you sleep yet? No school tomorrow?"

 

"Of course, we just get back here at 8 p.m. how did the school expect us to come back tomorrow for classes? It's just ridiculous" I yelp over his weird question.


 
"Yeah, yeah it's ridiculous, but how come you use that angry tone on me?"

 

"Sorry, I know it's exaggerating?" I startled by his reaction.

 

"What? No! No, it's not about it, hey… You take it too serious Hunchae, I was just joking"

 

"Oppa have no idea how stiff my joking nerves are now" I sigh then crashed myself into the high pillow behind me.

 

"What happened?" he looks curios then staring at his watch.

 

"If I tell you it will take more than five minutes" I close my eyes.

 

"I have more than five minutes" he chimes, looking back at me from his watch.

 

"It will be more than ten minutes then" I continue, still closing my eyes.

 

"I have more than enough. Hey, come here…." He tugs my hand and I open my eyes. We stare at each other for minute, saying nothing but he knows I don’t feel good. He always know when something isn't right.

 

Without any words needed he hug me gently then pats my hair. He rub my back up and down, try to calm the storm in my brain. I lean on him, embracing his hug and buried myself into him.

 

I put my chin onto his shoulder and intertwine my palms around his waist. I sigh so long and lean my head into his neck, try to absorb the warmth and the calming scent of his body. Indulge in this silent and feel so comfortable with it.

 

"Actually Oppa bring news for you but since you're not in a good mood. Let's skip this one, okay?" he pats my head and I nod. I was too tired to hear about something else.

 

"Oppa" I breath slowly.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Can I fell asleep like this?" my eyes getting heavier. It's too comfy, too warm. I need myself to sleep now before this extra comfortable feeling went away.

 

"Hmm" he swish.

 

"Good night Oppa" I buried myself into him more, drowned my body's gravity against him.

 

"Good night… My Huncahe" he leans his side head into my head and snuggles it against me. We just blur ourselves in this moment, enjoying each other companion and sending warmth to each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hi guys...

So, yeah.. A little bit long chapter

Thank you for reading

Hope to see your comments and support

 

Today is Jiyong's Birthday

Too bad he's spending it with his friends in Japan including Kiko

I'm not very fond of it but oh well, what can I do?

Just hope for the 'Dirty Vibe' MV to turns out well where Jiyong and Chaerin could have a scene together

 

I'm still working on this fanfic and I enjoy every single sentence I've made

I imagine how it really happened in front of me, this fanfic ^^

I put my soul into it

So please comment if you like it

 

#HAPPYGDAY

#LOYALVIP

1808

 

With lots of LOVE for SKYDRAGON,

[♥]