Rainy Afternoon

The Red String

Chapter 1 -

 

"Chae!!!!!!!" I heard a familiar voice shouted out my name, as I recognize that voice, I supposed to stop and turn my face to see the owner of that voice right? But I didn't do that. Instead, I pace up my feet, walk on faster and try to play dumb ignoring the person who called my name just now. For all the mighty feminist in the whole Milky Way, what the heck is he doing here?

 

"Hunchae!!!" once again, that voice persistently calling out my name. Only few peoples calling me by that name, and I know exactly the owner of that familiar voice.  Duhh, should I run? But he will catch me up. But if I didn’t run, I will lose my chance to run away from him now. Okay, run your life Lee Chaerin!

 

Just as I start to run, a big warm hand grabs me on my shoulder, showing me those skinny slender fingers I recognize so much. Forcing me gently to turn to look at him.

 

"Ohh, Oppa?" I try to act shocked naturally even though I knew from the beginning that it was him calling me from the corner of the world.

 

"Aren't you intentionally ignoring my presence?" this tall handsome man stands in front of me frown and raises his eyebrow with dissatisfaction look.

 

Different from me whose wearing school uniform, this tall handsome man in front of me wearing all-flashy-luxurious branded item from top to bottom that attract almost all the eyes of the students.

 

As usual, he smells nice with HUGO BOSS perfume he sprayed on everyday. ROTTWEILER GIVENCHY tee, blue jeans, and a pair of RICK OWENS sneaker completed his look. Not to mention the shocking pink KENZO snapback makes him looks cuter. But wait, I won't deceived by that puppy-melting-heart eyes.

 

"Of course not Oppa. Why would I ignore you?" I lied, throwing my gaze to the pavement.

 

"Really?" he said curiously then fixing my bowtie, fanning onto invincible dust on my shoulder.

 

"So, why are you here? You're attracting unnecessary attention. You're not supposed to be here!" I sigh and looking around me just to saw those wicked jelly y eyes from some girls who start whispering things while glancing fiercely into our short conversation.

 

"Ohh, Aunty said that you forget to bring umbrella, and since she's in a hurry to go to hospital, not to mention she needs to get grandma's med, she then asks my help. So here I am bringing it for you" he talks so fast in full detail then shoves me a small yellow umbrella with my name tag written on the dangling name tag.

 

"It won't rain today. It's so clear. Why should I have this kind of scene at school?" I mumbled to myself on how ridiculously Omma's reason to bring this wicked Oppa to see me at school. Wait! There is no way on earth Omma gonna do that. I bet he's the one who volunteering himself to get me the umbrella. I take the umbrella and put the strap on my arm.

 

"What did you mumbled about?"

 

"Nothing?" I turn my face and curled up my lips.

 

"Ya Lee Chaerin! I've been acting nice to you and this is what I got? A mumbled irritated face?" he crossed his arms in front of me.

 

"Geez… It won't rain today Oppa, look at the sky! It's so clear; it's almost invincible I can see the dark outer space" I throw my gaze up to the sky and he followed my gaze then smirk.

 

"It will rain today. Trust me! Okay, mission accomplished, right on 3 minutes. I should go now" he smirks while looking at his ROLEX and pinch my cheek which I wean his hand furiously because he always acts like I'm a kindergarten student.

 

"Oppa! Stop it! It's embarrassing" I pout and start shaking my head, afraid that the other students will make bigger fuss about him.

 

"You're welcome Lee Chaerin. I'll pick you up today" as he said it, once again, he fixes the small wrinkle part of my uniform.

 

"If you will pick me up, why are you here giving me this useless umbrella then?" now, it's my turn to crossed my arm in front of him.

 

"Oh, smart girl! Be ready at 2 straight" he giggling and widen his pupils, bend a little lower to see my angry face.

 

"No, you don't need to pick me up; I have this useful yellow umbrella with me. I'll walk. I don't want you to pick me up" I glare angrily at him, try to sending him a deathly aura which, of course, didn't work at all.

 

"Bye" he pats my head gently, try not to mess up with my hair, ignoring complain and rejection on his offering. He doesn't even think about my decision. I hate him and his I-do-what-I-like behavior towards me, and me only. Sorry, correction, he does it to everybody.

 

As he walks off my school gates, I can see so many eyes, especially the girls, eyeing on him, drooling like he's some kind of ultra-expensive imported meat from paradise they can never find in Seoul. Gosh! Girls, open your eyes! That appearance will eat you up like a blackhole. I shrug off and make my way back into the peaceful pavement area.

 

Now almost all eye return back to me, eyeing me from top to bottom, throwing underestimating mocking glare at my ordinary appearance. They'll probably think that I use some kind of forbidden spell to make that handsome Oppa turns to talk to me just now. Oh, how world is so unfair.

 

Ignoring all those whispering-gossiping things around me, I walk casually to my classroom. Act like nothing happened. Doing my routine as a normal ordinary uninterested life of 14 years old girl.

 

--------------------

 

"Did Jiyong Oppa came to school just now?" my best friend Park Bom a.ka. Bommie a.k.a C(orn) F(etish) Queen, tugging on my uniform from the back. She's sitting behind me and she hushes me not to look back because she's afraid if the teacher catches us chatting on his boring history lecture.

 

"How did you know?" I whisper as low as I can and she's giving me that I-can't-hear-you dumb face.

 

"Did Jiyong Oppa really come?" she raises he tone.

 

"Pshhhh!" I glare at her and she gasps, try to cover up .

 

I sigh and take a piece of paper out of my drawer and write a note that I'll tell her about it on recess time. I throw her the paper and before it land safety to Bommie, Jung-ssem cleared his throat and shocked me. That crumpled paper fly over Bommie and landed on Kim Jennie's desk. She was startled and Bommie only wince to me as she was also shocked by Jung-ssem's sudden attack and she misses her timing to grab the paper.

 

It was partly my fault too, so I look up to Jennie and giving her a weak apologize smile while she's sitting there, giving me a confused look. She looks at the crumpled paper and put it inside her drawer, giving me a light smile. Pheww, it's good that she's not angry and giving that paper to Jung-ssem.

 

Jennie Kim, a transferred student from Gwangju. She moved here two month ago and she seems nice. She didn’t talk much, unlike Bommie who can talk while eating corn and spitting the crumble everywhere around her desk, Jennie is a quiet type of girl. She doesn’t talk much, wait I have mentioned that before. She doesn’t have many friends, I mean, well, yeah… We are her classmates but I never saw her going out or chatting happily with the other. Seems like she's keeping a distance from the class. Maybe she's not good at mingling?

 

Jennie is good at music, especially violin. Once she brought her vintage violin to music class and Kang-ssem asked her to play for us. It wasn't that great though but she has the skill. She's popular within the boys. Yeah, new kid will get the spotlight.

 

I should say sorry to her during recess.

 

------------------------

 

"Hi Jennie, I'm so sorry about before, I didn't do it on purpose. Miss Corn Lover over here is to blame too" I rub my palms and giving her that sorry look.

 

She was just cleaning up her desk from all the books and stationeries from the last lesson. A particular cleanliness side of her always shown during this kind of time. Every time we have recess, she will takes two-three minutes just to make sure that her desk are clean. The other day, she shocked me by mopping up her desk with wet tissue after science experiment where resulted to a plain-turning-rainbow desk.

 

"Hello? You are to blame! You throw it too high. Listen Jen, it's not entirely my fault" Bommie stands beside me, acting out her challenging pose while crossing her arm and pout at my remark for blaming her.

 

"Bommie, I just said that it wasn't entirely your fault, I was saying that it's our fault" I pinched her chubby cheek.

 

"Urgh… It's not my fault!" she pinches back my cheek with both of her hands.

 

"It is our fault" I pinch her cheek with both of my hand.

 

"Ouch! It hurts!"

 

"You too! Let go of my face!"

 

Jennie only throws us her signature light smile. She looks very pretty when she smiles.

 

"I don't mind it. It's okay. Here's your paper" she shakes her head lightly and take the crumpled paper back from her drawer.

 

"Oh my gosh, you still keep it? I thought you've thrown it" Bommie gasp and take the paper then open it to see what I wrote for her before.

 

"Isn't it supposed to be an important message? I don’t dare to throw it. It might contain some serious message" she shrugs off lightly. Now that I inspect her every move, she is very feminine and very pretty up-close.

 

"Well, it's not that important though but thanks for keeping it quiet before. You know, Jung-ssem is scary when he gets mad" I give her my ear to ear smile.

 

"No problem at all" she shakes her head lightly and giving me another pretty smile trademark of hers.

 

"You save me! Thank you!!" Bommie pat both of her hand to Jennie shoulder, gesture casually around her while I was just standing there, giving her glaring look for her impolite action, and right away drag her with her impoliteness towards Jennie. I grin at her and wave her goodbye.

 

-------------------

 

"Wharts wifh hre hragging fefhore?" (What's with the dragging before?) Bommie munches her big bread while, as usual, spitting all the crumble of the bread to me. We're at the canteen now.

 

"You're acting too casual to her. She can gets the wrong idea, you fool" I poke her forehead.

 

"Ouchh, what is that for? I'm just trying to be friendly" after one big swallow, she glare at me.

 

"Yeah, you do it the wrong way" I'm fanning myself.

 

"So, is it Jiyong Oppa this morning?"

 

"Yeah" I shrug off and slurping my banana milk, feeling sluggish and irritating.

 

"Why? He is the most incredible punctual man on Earth right? He wastes his oh-my-precious-time just to drive you down to school?" she rolled her eyes.

 

"There is no way on heaven and earth he's going to drive me to school! I won't let it happen"

 

"So why he was at school before?" she start munching her second batch of cheesecake.

 

"Wait, how did you know that Oppa was at school before?"

 

"Oh, I was just hearing the others girls whispering, no, I mean, whispering in loud tone talking about this random handsome Oppa who walked in our school porch like a runaway model just to meet some random girl from second grade they don't even know she's exist"

 

"Gosh! Can I curse them? Wait, Bommie!" I just realize that she also agree with those pathetic girls.

 

"What? It's just a wild-wild guess which turn out to be right" she raise both of her hands in the air after swallowing the half-eaten part of the cheesecake.

 

"Bommie!"

 

"I'm sorry! But its true isn't it?" she shrug and grin helplessly.

 

"Those girls are blind, oww!" I stomp my feet and bump my knee at the desk.

 

"You're the one who's blind. I think you'll probably be the only alien in this world who's not interested in Jiyong Oppa" she glance through the display glass where all the heavenly cakes are served and ready to be clomped by her never-ending famine stomach.

 

"Well, what did you expect? He's Kwon Jiyong and me is… this…"

 

"Gosh! When will you ever learn to value yourself? What's the differences of Kwon Ji Yong and Lee Chae Rin?"

 

"Bommie, we have discussed it billion times. I'm so done discussing this things"

 

"Aigooo this girl" she pats my head, shakes her head out of frustration when it should be me who feel frustrated by now.

 

"Bommie, this is over the hedge. All those girls may have him if they want, but yeah, if he wants them too which I believe he won't" I spoon my double fudge chocolate ice cream.

 

"I sense jealousy aura from this side, wooooooo…" she's veering at me, motioning her hands like there's a dark aura coming out of my body.

 

"Stop it!" I wean her hand and drink my banana milk back.

 

"We're getting fat by these" she appoints at our breakfast menu pretending those food are disgusting. Banana milk and double chocolate fudge for me; two pieces of cheesecake, a slice of apple pie, Glaceau vitamin water and butter rice bulgogi for her.

 

"We are" I giggled and she laugh.

 

"So, you haven't told me why Jiyong Oppa was here before" she said after calming down from our foolish laughing stance.

 

"He was delivering my umbrella because Omma forget to give it to me this morning which I believe is only his yapping premise to tease me early in the morning" I put my chin on left arm, while string boringly at the unfinished ice cream.

 

"Only that? Really? Are you sure?"

 

"Urghh… He said that it will rain today, that's why he's sending me the umbrella"

 

"No way" she flinches and rolls her eyes.

 

"Yes way Bommie"

 

"No way, there must be more than that. He's too un-detailed for that. Tell me more"

 

"I didn't know how I can stick on being your best friend for years" still glancing at my ice cream giving her sarcasm tone she gets used to.

 

"I love you" she's moving her face closer to mine and pretend to plant me a kiss which of course I shoved it to the side and giving her that disgusting look.

 

"I'll get that peppermint cake, it keeps waving at me. When I get back, you better get me the detailed information" with that she's standing up, leaving me alone, and strut herself up to the counter where the displayed cake seems seducing her.

 

After awhile, she's back with peppermint cake on her right hand, crispy chcken leh on her left hand, and a wide smirk.

 

"Bommie! You're disgusting"

 

"Girl, we live for food!"

 

"Actually, we live for happiness" I try to correct her. She makes her way smoothly placed the food in the table.

 

"Food is my happiness. Now, the info! Hurry up before the bell rings" she shoves me one of the chicken leg which I reject by giving a deathly glare at her.

 

"He told me he's picking me up today"

 

"Oh no, he didn't" she gasped and covered up .

 

"At 2 straight"

 

"Oh yes that's legit" she grins.

 

"Gosh" I slap my face.

 

"So why did he get you the umbrella then?"

 

"Who knows? I think it's kind of joke he's trying to pull on me. I mean, if he will pick me up, why should he bring me the umbrella in the first place?"

 

"Yeah, who knows what's inside his magical maze brain? Chicken leg?" she offers me another part of the crispy spicy chicken leg.

 

"I think he's trying to scope our school to find cute girls he can hit on" I glare at her offering.

 

"Chae, I don't know what's on his brain but one thing I'm sure, he's not going here for some random fake cute chicks and FYI those fake-giggling chick is not his type, definitely! I can guarantee you" Bommie mumbled and wipe off the sauce in the corner of her lips with her thumb.

 

"Bommie! That's dirty! Use this!" I shove her tissue. She grabs it harshly, annoyed by my sudden-cleanliness side.

 

"I guess, he wants to see you- I mean- out of nowhere he can go, why should he come here and plays incredibly lame joke?" I choke my saliva and cough hard.

 

"He what? Bull" I bang the desk and I flinched by my own action. Thank goodness that nobody seems to care about what I did.

 

"So, what's his main reason to do unimportant thing like that and waste his precious time? You know him more than me, right?"

 

"Dunno…" I shrug.

 

"Think about it Chae, he probably really wants to see you. You know, I can suddenly have the urge to see Jimmy's face. You remember Jimmy my dog right? Oh, how I love that kind of drama!" she squealed and clap her hand, imagining those fairytale with mesmerizing glowing eyes.

 

And with that the bell rings. Leaving me having a deep big question mark above my head.

 

--------------------

 

"Should I accompany you? Its still 1.34" Bommie checked her yellow G-shock watch. We have matching pairs.

 

We are standing in front of our school gates. Students wandering around and making their way out of the school with a big relieved smile as they have just been freed from prison. Giggling, chatting, walks alone, walk like a snail, run for their life, bringing heavy load, looks sleepy, all those faces mixed up together in front of the school gate.

 

Some high social type of students being picked up by cars in front of school. Some of them are so proud and even compare their car with their friend's.

 

"No need. You just go home. I can see Yang Ahjussi is ready to chop you down into pieces if he needs to wait for you in another long-long-long boring-boring-boring 30 minutes" I raise my eyebrow and leering at Bommie's driver.

 

"Duhh, just ignore him. I just wait for you here. I'm okay"

 

"You're okay but he's not. Now go, I'm not a baby" I grab her shoulder and push her away to her car that parked on the side road. She seems persistent on waiting for me but I force her to leave.

 

"Chae, I'm leaving you. Be good okay? Wait for Jiyong Oppa, don't talk to stranger. He'll come soon" she plumped out her head from her car window, ready to jump off from her backseat and run back into me.

 

I give her big smirk and wave my hand goodbye, and Yang Ahjussi just drives the car fast, he's probably afraid that Bommie will nags him to wait for me a little longer.

 

Okay, 1.37, he'll come in 23 minutes. So what am I supposed to do in 23 minutes? Standing like idiot here? I wish I could bring my phone! Why the schools have to forbid us to bring phone? Gosh, it's Millennium and phone is part of our organ, didn't they follow this dynamic world concept?

 

Kim Jennie walks slowly pass through me.

 

"Hi! Going home?" I wave my hand at her; she seems a bit startled stop her walk to approach me.

 

"Yeah, going home. You're not going home? I thought you walk yourself home everyday?" to my surprise, she knows that I walk home by myself everyday.

 

"Ohh… Yes, I mean no… Someone will pick me up today" I rub my cheek.

 

"Okay then. Be careful. I'll go first. See you tomorrow" she gives me a light smile and a feminine wave gesture.

 

"Safe trip. See you tomorrow too" I wave at her.

 

A red BMW car stops in front of her and she make her way into the passenger seat. Before the car leave, she open the window and once again wave me goodbye. Aigooo… Such a cutie pie girl. I would love to get closer to her.

 

I stand back to my stern position; still seeing the crowd of students going home through the one and only school gate of my school; my eyes wandering off the trail of my school and the crowded street before my eyes. I look at my watch; 1.44.

 

As I stare myself into the sky, I can feel a sudden cold liquid dropped on my forehead. Wait! Is it… Rain?

 

Gosh, I didn't realize that it's getting cloudy. Wait, since when the sky is so dark? Okay… Omma was right and Jiyong Oppa too. I pout then I turn on my school bag just to find the non-existence of my umbrella. Gosh, how can I be so forgetful? I left it in my classroom.

 

Okay, he'll come in 16 minutes, is it enough to run back to my classroom and going back here in 16 minutes? Wait, my class is pretty far away though. I need 10 minutes? How I can't find my umbrella? How many minutes I should spend to find it? 4 minutes? For all the magician of time, heck it's not enough. Wait, should I run?

 

Oh no, 1.45 now, come on Chaerin, decide!! Damn I'm going crazy now!

 

No!! it's not enough. Okay, the rain won't probably pour hard in 15 minutes. Just pray!

 

God, if you are there, please hear me out; please please please, pretty please?

 

It starts grizzling a little bit. I can see some students run their life onto a shelter, some of them run their life from school gate to catch up the bus stop while some of them start opening their umbrella and walk down the street causally. In two minutes I can see many umbrella men around the street. Pink, white, yellow, and clear umbrella start to roam around the school gate. Duhh, the drizzling is getting mad and mad.

 

Okay, drizzling is fine. I lean myself on the school wall, right next to my school name plate next to me. No shading at all, but sprinkle of rain isn't that hurt. I turn to my yellow G-shock watch; 1.49, he'll come in about ten minutes.

 

"Chaerin, why are you here?" a voice startled me out from my watch.

 

"Oh, Zico. What? Oh, I'm waiting for someone" Zico stands in front of me, looking hip-hop-ish as usual. The discipline teacher, Choi-ssem, is already so frustrated to keep reminding him to button up his shirt. Not to mention that bling-bling necklace is not permitted in school area.

 

"Park Bom? She's wasn't in the classroom just now"

 

"No, Bommie got back already. Urm… yeah, I'm waiting for someone to pick me up" I rub my little-semi-wet hair.

 

"Ohh, your driver? It's a surprise, you always walk yourself home, right?" he glances through our environment. Wow! Did he notice that kind of thing too? I'm honored. The ignorant carefree Woo Zico knows about my going home routine, it's weird.

 

"……….." I just give him my awkward smile, I lied. I don't want him or neither anybody at school knows who'll pick me up. So just let him have his own assumption.

 

"You don't have your umbrella? The rain is getting nastier" he look up to the sky, try to cover his eyes.

 

"Ahh, I left it in the classroom before, so yeah…"

 

"Oh, that yellow umbrella? Is that yours?"

 

"Yeah that's mine, did you see it?"

 

"Yep yep, dangling on one of the classroom's desk"

 

"Great, thank you. I'm afraid that I lost it somewhere else" I give him a weak smile then try to fix my little-semi-wet hair again.

 

"You're not taking it? I mean your umbrella. It's right there in the classroom. You could've just taken it from before" he rolled his eyes, showing me confused expression of how strange I can be when I know that I left my umbrella back in the classroom but didn’t make any move to take it back, instead I foolishly stand here under the almost pouring-so-hard rain.

 

"Well… That…"

 

"Zico! Hurry up! Rain coming!" a voice from the back called his name, turns out to be his driver.

 

"Coming!" he was startled then saying goodbye to me with concern look.

 

"Bye" I wave my hand weakly at him and he waves back.

 

"Be careful"

 

"Yep" how could I tell him that I can't get my umbrella back because I won't make it in time to get back here where Jiyong Oppa will pick me up.

 

[1.56] and the thunder start roaming like mad. Drizzling turns into rain. Okay, this is just great.

 

4 minutes and he'll come. It's okay. I try to cover my head with my bag. It's good that my bag is covered with plastic cover. I'm soaking wet now, I don't even have time to look at the students who run like a theft because they don't bring umbrella.

 

[1.58]

 

Two more minutes.

 

God, I know I've been bad, but it won't turn worse right?

 

HONK HONK!!

 

I was startled by a honk. When I looked up I saw his silhouette. Jiyong Oppa, harshly get out of his car, slamming the door and run into me.

 

I was just taking one step when he suddenly pulled me onto his arm, try to protect me from the pouring rain with his body, take my bag and cover my head with his hand in a split second.

 

I grapple to get a hold of his body and he tugs me closer onto him and guides me to the passenger seat next to the driver's seat.

 

He open the door for me, and once again try to cover me from the pouring rain when practically I've been soaking wet and there's no more room left of the dry part. He then open the back door, throw my bag and run to the driver seat.

 

I try to sit myself comfortably but it doesn’t work, my soaking wet body now trembling because of the coldness I've been trying to hold away. I try to find tissue to clean myself up.

 

"You foolish girl, what the hell are you doing out there? Where's your umbrella?" Jiyong Oppa burst into anger, he shouted at me with eyes wide open ready to pop out.

 

"I… I left it in the classroom" I said slowly, not brave enough to stare back at him, I try to hold myself and not letting the tears fall down. I don't know why but my eyes getting hot and teary.

 

"Foolish girl! How can you be so forgetful?" he coarsely yelled at me and I was flinched to hear him angry with that kind of tone he never uses at me before. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do.

 

"I'm sorry… I'm really sorry" I sob and try to break free from my coarse and trembling voice but it didn't work, and finally tears flowing down freely from my eyes.

 

There is an awkward pause. I was so afraid at Oppa right now I didn’t dare to look up at him. I just squeezed my hands against another and stare blankly on my thigh while tears don't give any signal to stop.

 

"Foolish!" he said gently, suddenly break the ice and rub my head with something warm.

 

I looked up but the cloth covering my whole face. I try to help him to dry myself. It turns out, he was using his HBA hoodie to dry me up.

 

"Oppa, no need, your jacket get wet" I try to shove the jacket away from my head but he pushes it back into my hair then into my face.

 

"Be quiet, you can catch a cold" he said without seeing my eyes and glancing to my whole soaked body, take my hand and fondle it gently with his hoodie.

 

"Oppa, you also wet, you have to dry yourself up" now when I can clearly see him, his wet and hair also soaking as wet as me. His usual shiny hair is dead sag; his perfect outfit looks terribly messy and wet. He ignores my words, once again I feel like a sharp dagger has been stab into my mind.

 

"Put this thing on first" he took another jacket from the back seat and helps me to put it on. He then helps me to put on the seatbelt gently. Even though he's soaking wet, I still can smell his manly perfume when he lean to help me put on my seatbelt.

 

"I''ll drive little faster" he said after finished with his own seatbelt, start his engine and drive like a mad taxi driver in New York.

 

I can't speak a word, nor do I dare myself to glance at him. I'm still afraid of him and I can get another shouting or angry yelling from him, it's painful, it's just too painful, in any minute by now I can get mental breakdown if he still giving me that intimidating aura. This is the first time he shouted at me, and it's enough to have my heart fallen apart into scattered pieces.

 

He knows me since before I was born. My family works for Oppa's family. My great grandfather has been serving Jiyong Oppa's family for the whole of his life.

 

My great grandpa and Jiyong Oppa's great grandpa met in the war. My great grandpa's life has been saved by Jiyong Oppa's great grandpa and since then my great grandpa sworn that he will serve The House of Kwon till infinity and beyond. So, here I am now, the fourth generation of Kwon's Family royal assistance.

 

My dad works in one of Jiyong Oppa's Dad's company as Operational Manager while my mom nursing Jiyong Oppa's grandma at home. Jiyong Oppa's grandma was fallen ill three years ago, and she needs an extra care at home since she has to use wheel chair. Before nursing Jiyong Oppa's grandma, my mom works in one of a hospital that Jiyong Oppa's dad fund as social charity; she still works there actually.

 

So now, me and my big brother are the next inheritance of The House of Kwon Family Assistance and that including me, somewhere in the future, work for Jiyong Oppa.

 

Actually Tabi, my big brother, whose age are older than Jiyong Oppa, already learn his way of assisting Jiyong Oppa but he hasn't get the full permission on doing his duty as Jiyong Oppa's assistance.

 

Ohh, Jiyong Oppa? He's turning 21 this August while my brother, Tabi turning 22 this November.

 

I leer at Oppa whose now, grabbing his cell phone. Eyes coming back and forth onto the street and his phone screen, seem like typing something. Ohh, he makes a call.

 

"Aunty Choi, prepare the hot tub and creamy mushroom porridge now and tell Kim Ahjussi to open the gate in 5 minutes, I'm on my way back. No, not my bathroom, Chae's bathroom. No, it's not for me, it's Chaerin's. I want it to be ready in 10 minutes, understand? Yeah, yeah, bubble bath sound great. No no, the musk and the peppermint. Yes please. Okay. Thank you Aunty" with that he ended the fast-paced conversation.

 

"Are you okay? Is it cold?" he glances at me and fondles my head lightly.

 

I just nod without seeing him back. I don't know what kind of reaction he has right now but with that, my heart become warm. The trembling still hugging me because I can't lie that it feels so cold right now.

 

"I'm sorry. I overdid it" he grabs my hand and rub it gently with his fingers. I just shake my head and another tears flowing out of my eyes. I sob and he pat my head gently.

 

"Is my pretty little Hunchae still angry to Oppa?" he squeezed my hand and once again I shake my head.

 

"We're almost home"

 

"Oppa thank you" I sob and squeezed back his hand with both of my hands. I can hear him chuckled.

 

-----------------

 

I snuggled myself up in my bed. It feels ultra comfortable and I feel warm. I've just taken a bath and finished my creamy mushroom porridge. Aunty Han is really a great cooker, she could make almost everything from Traditional Korean Dishes up to Asian Culinary. My warm and soft blanket feels really amazing right now, I didn't know that blanket could be this fluffy and warm.

 

"Huncahe can I come in?" I hear Jiyong Oppa knocks the door.

 

The House of Kwon live in this big house uphill, 15 minutes walk to my school, where the land are more than enough to build a manor. There are three building on the land. The House of Kwon residence and serve as the living place of the Kwons. The Assistance house where I live right now, and The Employee boarding house. My house are located right behind The Kwon's building, it is separated by a structural glass wall connecting to glass roof where we can see the garden around it.

 

The Employee building located far at the back of my house, connected by stone steps which are split into two ways; it leads to the back of the Kwon's building and the other lead to the front carport.

 

"Hunchae? Have you slept already?" Oppa's voice startled me out from my daydreaming.

 

"Not yet, please come in" I straighten up in my bed, covering half part of my lower body with my blanket plus hugging up my rilakuma doll. I haven't see Oppa since he drive me back before.

 

The gate was already open when we arrived, just as what Oppa's order. Kim Ahjussi and another employee are ready to shade us up with umbrella when Oppa get off the car. Kim Ahjussi was so shocked to see both of us soaking wet and offer his help to shade me. Oppa refuse his offer and instead taking the big umbrella and tugging me onto his left arm, try to cover me from the wind blow. He asks Kim Ahjussi to take my bag and bring it back to my house.

 

It's good that Aunty Han was still cook the porridge in the kitchen, I couldn't imagine how terrified her expression will be if she saw Jiyong Oppa in this kind of state.

 

"Hi there, you feel better?" as he enters, I can see his signature melting-every-woman-in-this-world smile.

 

I said nothing but nod. I still don't dare to see his face; he seated himself on my bed, in front of me.

 

"Still angry at Oppa?" he move his face closer to see me. I think I'm gonna blush, so I throw my gaze, buried my face into my rilakuma and shake my head.

 

"Aww, come on, Hunchae. Look at me. Are you still angry at Oppa?" he moves closer. Between my rilakuma ears, I can see his warming face gaze through me. The usual Oppa.

 

"I'm not angry" I said in low voice. I can see him looking at his Rolex as he move another step closer to me.

 

"If you're not angry, can you give me a hug?" he spread his arm and I just stare at his childish act.

 

"No hug? Really?" he sulks, I sigh and put down my rilakuma to give him a hug he wants.

 

"I'm sorry, forgive me okay?" he gently pat my head and squeezed me in his hug. I nod on his shoulder.

 

"I don't want you to catch a cold" he gently wash my coldness and tiredness by rubbing his big palm against my back, it feels so comfy.

 

"The time is not enough" I said starting a lot more comfy in this position.

 

"What time?" he swish in my shoulder and buried his face onto my neck.

 

"If I return back to my class to take the umbrella, I'll be late and you could've to wait for me" I said nonchalantly.

 

"….." he seems disturbed by my answer, oh no!

 

"But it's not Oppa's fault. I'm just being forgetful"

 

"Huncahe…"

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"I'm sorry. You know, Oppa is…"

 

"I know Oppa, don't worry"

 

"Thank you. My Huncahe is the best, should Oppa buy you something?" he let go off his hug and stare at me with painful kind of eye he try to hide; he plays that naughty smirk and pinch my nose when truthfully I don't like it. I don't like it when he show me those painful eyes, now to think about it again, his angry face are much more better than this one.

 

"No need" I grab his hand and throw my gaze onto his long slender arm, a simple smile formed in his face. He then look up to his watch; sigh and giving me another painful look.

 

"Okay then, I have to go, it's almost one minute late. You go to bed now or you'll catch a cold" he helps me to lay down and pulled up my blanket to cover the whole part of my body. He takes my rilakuma doll, huffing at it and returns it back to its position.

 

"Sleep tight, we'll meet at dinner"

 

"Okay" I said wanly, not wanting him to go so fast but as he said that, he kisses my forehead lightly and fondle up my hair; sending me relax feeling. I only give him a light smile. Before he leaves, once again he fixes the position of my rilakuma doll and closed the door behind him.

 

Truthfully, I'm well aware of Oppa's illness. He's been very honest to me and he even explained about it to me in detail. I remember that he told me about his chronic illness when I was 12, and when finally I've been able to have in touch with full-access of internet, I realize how bad Oppa's illness is.

 

That's when I try to accept him with the way he is. Before he told me about it, I was always so nervous and so stressful around him. But now, I try to compensate on every action and every behavior he has because it's his nature.

 

I don't know if I've been too matured before my age or what, but I always think that I should accept the situation I am in for exactly what it is instead of trying to manipulate it into what I think it needs to be. So yeah, one day I'll serving him and I know that his illness won't probably healed, so all I can do is accept it the way he is.

 

I'm getting sleepy. I can't wait for dinner. As I imagine what kind of food will be served tonight I fall asleep.

Chapter 1 - end

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hi there,

So how is it?

I try to make it as real as possible

Hope it can satisfy you all

 

Actually, i've reach chapter 4 by the time i post this

Hope the inspiration keep flowing on

 

Thanks for reading

Comments for feedback, okay?

 

[]