Six - Oh Sehun

The Bet | ..? [ discontinued ]

*ChapteSixOSehun;

“Baekhyun,” a deep, husky voice echoed throughout the empty library. Baekhyun's heart felt like bursting out of his chest. He gasped as he twisted his head a bit and saw Sehun. He sighed as he shifted his gaze to his attention back to his laptop.

After a few more footsteps, the chair beside him was pulled in a rather hasty way, and Sehun's fell in it.
 

“Hi Baek,” Baekhyun twitched at Sehun's nickname for him. They aren't even close, why would Sehun call him 'Baek'?
 

“Hello, Sehun,” Baekhyun said, his eyes never leaving the laptop's screen. He was finishing his project that was due tomorrow, and there shouldn't be any interruption while he's on the way to finishing it.
 

Sehun looked at Baekhyun's dark brown eyes as he smiled. His gaze fell on the older's cute nose and to Baekhyun's plump lips.
 

Baekhyun rested his wrist on the keyboard, his elbow resting against the table so he wouldn't press any buttons. He was biting his lip as he was thinking for an idea for the project as a spider fell on the back of his hand.
 

Baekhyun blinked, twice, thrice and then threw his hand up in the air as he screamed at the top of his lungs. He waved his hand up in the air; expecting the spider to fly to nowhere. Sehun stared at the scared Baekhyun in front of him as he bit his lip to stop laughing. He grabbed Baekhyun's wrist as he pulled the spider's leg and swung it to nowhere.
 

“Baekhyun,” Sehun said as he shook the still screaming Baekhyun's shoulder. He even slapped Baekhyun's cheek a little, but that doesn't stop him either. “Jesus Christ, Baekhyun! The spider is gone!”
 

Baekhyun blinked as he glared at Sehun's dark orbs. His breathing hitched as he clutched his chest, flattening his breathing out. It came back to it's normal pace after a couple of minutes.
 

“Jeebuzz, you scared me,” Sehun said. He ran his hand through his hair as he heaved a sigh. “You're scared of spiders, then?” the younger laughed and then spoke, again, “I finally know how to blackmail you.”
 

“ you,” Baekhyun said as he started packing his laptop inside it's case. Sehun rested his back against the chair's back support as he fiddled with his finger.
 

“Cursing is as easy as breathing for you, huh?” Sehun said, standing up. Baekhyun raised his eyebrow at the younger as he wore his bag. He crossed his arms across his chest as he his bottom lip before speaking.
 

“You,” Baekhyun paused as he sneezed, which made Sehun break into a million guffaws, “should just shut up.”
 

He finished with a sneeze as he wiped his nose using the back of his hand. He walked away from Sehun, as the latter stood up and followed him. “Hey, Baek.”
 

“What?” Baekhyun snapped at Sehun, who had his forehead creased. Sehun sighed as he stared at Baekhyun, who ran his hand through his hair. Sehun was feeling weird; he finds Baekhyun cute and hot at the same time even by doing the simplest things.
 

“Chanyeol can't drive you home, so he wanted me to do so,” Sehun said as he scratched the back of his neck. Baekhyun nodded as he crossed his arms up his chest. “Is it okay?”
 

“It isn't, but since I don't have anyone to hitch a ride from, I guess it is,” Baekhyun said. Sehun smiled, his eyes turning crescent as he held Baekhyun's wrist. The touch sent a tingling sensation down the younger's spine.
 

“Well, then, you're stuck with me, Puppy,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes at Sehun; “puppy”. Sehun chuckled and pinched Baekhyun's cheek as the latter swatted Sehun's hand away.
 

“Puppy?” Baekhyun asked as he walked beside Sehun; now entering the gate towards the parking lot. Sehun smiled and then nodded. “Why?”
 

“You look like a puppy,” Sehun said, chuckling. Baekhyun raised his eyebrow at the younger and readied his voice for all the curse words that he'll spit at Sehun's face, but the younger spoke again. “You look cute... like a puppy.”
 

Baekhyun gulped, and his curse words was taken aback. Sehun called him cute, and that isn't normal; no, not really. He felt his face heat up as Sehun opened the door of a certain car. Baekhyun, feeling awkward, hopped in the car after muttering a “thank you”, which Sehun responded with a smile and a nod.
 

Sehun hopped in the driver's seat and started the engine. The engine let out a soft purr, good thing it didn't roar to life, as Sehun pulled out of the drive way and was soon driving down the streets.
 

Baekhyun closed his eyes shut as he rested his head against the window. He was like that for a couple of minutes or so. The engine then stopped, and Baekhyun's eyes shot open. He frowned as he glanced around. It wasn't his home. It wasn't even anywhere near his house. It was a bubble tea shop.
 

“Wait here, Baekhyun,” Sehun said as he pulled his wallet out of his jeans' back pocket. “Do you want some drinks?”
Baekhyun bit his lip. Surely, he wanted that sweet drink but he was too shy to tell Sehun that. Baekhyun heard Sehun chuckle, and he glanced at the younger.

 

“I'll buy you one, whether you like it or not,” Sehun said as he unlocked the door of his car. “What flavor would you like?”
Baekhyun whimpered. How he hated that question; “what flavor would you like?”

 

“Any flavor will do,” Baekhyun whimpered. Sehun smiled at him and got out of the car. Baekhyun watched Sehun entering the shop and heading straight to the counter.
 

Baekhyun pulled his phone out of his bag and started fiddling over his favorite game; Flappy Bird. He cursed and groaned as he died on the game again and again.
 

“Da - Jesus Christ!” Baekhyun was half-way to saying a swear word again if it wasn't for the car door opening and Sehun entering afterwards, with two large cups of the sweet drink. “You like scaring the hell out of people, you know?”
 

“No, I don't but maybe, I do like scaring this one person,” Sehun said, his eyebrows wiggling. Baekhyun rolled his eyes as Sehun spoke, again. “Wanna know who he is?”
 

“Nevermind, I think I already know,” Baekhyun snapped, taking the cup from Sehun. He downed the drink in no time, Sehun chuckling at the sight of him being thirsty and greedy over a cup of a sweet drink. (Looks like Sehun isn't the only one obsessed with bubble tea, lol.)
 

“Good,” Sehun smiled and nodded as he started drinking his drink. Baekhyun looked at nowhere in particular. “Baek.”
 

Baekhyun jumped out of his seat at the sound of Sehun's husky voice. “Damn it, Sehun.”
 

Sehun, who was in his own world, laughing his off as Baekhyun's “funny” reaction, (“It isn't “funny”,” as Baekhyun airquoted.) had his hands clutching his stomach.
 

“Oh my God, Baek, you are damn hilarious,” Sehun said as he wiped the tears that came out of his eyes from too much laughing. “I love it,” Sehun said as he finished his drink, after choking on it for a lot of times.
 

“You know you love me,” Baekhyun mocked. Sehun raised his eyebrow as he continued laughing amd pinching the older's cheek. “I'm too cute.”
 

“Well, maybe you are,” Sehun said as he recovered from his trance and started the engine. He was soon driving down the streets as he spoke, “Byun Baekhyun, I want you to be my friend.”
 

“Well, Sehun,” Baekhyun said as he his bottom lip. He gulped as he scratched the back of his head, “friends, indeed.”

***

Baekhyun came home after half an hour. He opened the door (“I'm friggin' home, achos!”) and kicked his shoe out of his feet. He slumped on the couch as he sighed and threw his bag to nowhere. “I'm tired,” Baekhyun muffled as he hugged a pillow at the couch. He gulped as he sniffed on the pillow, it smelled so much like Sehun; that manly, y, lovable scent.

 

“Baekkie?” a voice from upstairs said. Baekhyun pulled his head out of the pillow and stopped sniffing as he ram his hand through his hair.
 

“Yes?” he said, but was loud enough for the person upstairs to hear. He took his phone out and saw two messages, one from Chanyeol and one from an unknown number. He opened Chanyeol's message first, and a smile crept up on his lips as he read the content.

From; Park Chanyeol
Content; I'm sorry I didn't came and picked you up. We have a practice, Baek. Sorry! But I know Sehun took care of you pretty well. I'm sorry, again.

Baekhyun's cheeks turned scarlet as he closed the message. He rolled and rolled on the couch, as his heartbeat quickened. “God damn it, Baekkie. What the flying are you doing?”
 

Baekhyun stopped rolling; he lost his balance and fell to the floor. He angled his elbow and a pang of pain hit it after a few seconds. His elbow hurts, and so does his back.
 

“Ugh,” Baekhyun grunted as Luhan started running to him. Luhan knelt towards him and helped him get up.
 

“Now, now, Mr. Byun Baekhyun. What were you doing?” Luhan said, his arms placed on his waist.
 

“My instinct told me you don't need to know,” Baekhyun said as he rubbed his elbows. Luhan's eyebrow was raised higher and higher, Baekhyun was (kind of) expecting the eyebrows to fly off any moment now.
 

“Really? Your instinct told you that?” Luhan said, sarcasm evident in his voice. “But, my instinct told me I should tackle you to the ground.”
 

“Wait wait, my instinct is telling me I should let you know,” Baekhyun said. He knew what was inside Luhan's “innocent”, “angelic”, and “pretty” face. It was a monster.
 

“Good,” Luhan nodded as he sat beside Baekhyun. He stared at the latter, who was still rubbing his elbow. Bruises were starting to form on it now.

“And why do you have bruises in your arm?”
 

Baekhyun looked at the older, his mouth ajar. “Now, Baekkie, close your mouth. A spider's gonna crawl inside,” Luhan said. As soon as he said the word “spider”, Baekhyun gasped and waved his hand up in the air while screaming at the top of his lungs. Luhan stared at his best friend as he broke into a million guffaws.
 

Baekhyun started running around the living room, and that made Luhan laugh like there's no tomorrow. When he had calmed down from too much laughing, he held his best friend's wrist. “Dammit, Byun Baek. Shut the ing hell up. There's no spider.”
Baekhyun stopped screaming as he panted. He felt tired as he laid on the ground. “Hey, what's the use of a couch and a bed when you'll sleep on the floor?”

 

Baekhyun snorted at Luhan. He placed the back of his hand at his forehead and wiped his sweat. “I'm tired,” Baekhyun grunted. Luhan chuckled as he pinched his best friend's cheek.
 

“You were literally running around the living room and screaming. Who wouldn't be tired with doing all those?” Luhan said, sitting beside Baekhyun. He pulled his handkerchief out of his pocket and started wiping off the younger's sweat. “Let me just wipe you, you look disgusting.”
Baekhyun scowled at Luhan for being “caring”, but the older just laughed at him and continued wiping his sweat as he panted. His breathing came back to normal as he sat up right. “Now, just sit on the couch. You still have your socks on, and it's smelly.”
Baekhyun, for the nth time, scowled at his best friend but obeyed. Luhan might be a jerk, but he was caring enough to beat Baekhyun's irresponsible mother. He sat on the couch, his flat against the soft cushion. Luhan sat on the floor in front of him and pulled his socks off. Luhan smiled at Baekhyun and placed the sock at the floor as he removed the other one. Baekhyun closed his eyes shut to rest his eyes, he had done too much for today. And he drifted off to dreamland.

***

Baekhyun woke up at the sound of his alarm clock. His eyes shot open and he saw his yellow walls, he was in his room.
But wait, he fell asleep on the couch, right? 
The door flew open and there came Luhan, with a purple apron, a tray with foods and drinks.

 

“Baekkie! You're awake, finally,” Luhan said. He walked towards Baekhyun's bed as he placed the tray on Baekhyun's desk. “You have a fever, and that's why you're not going to school.”
 

“What?! But I -”
 

“No buts!” Luhan said, his voice soft yet full of authority. Baekhyun whimpered as he nodded. “Sorry, Baekkie. I don't want your fever to get any higher.”
 

Baekhyun smiled and nodded. “It's okay Lu~”
 

“Good,” Luhan smiled, Baekhyun's hair. “Now, I should get going. I'll ask someone to take up your notes, don't worry. Eat on time, don't spend too much time playing or fiddling with your phone, your eyes will hurt. I need to go, Baekkie.”
 

Luhan smiled, again as he closed the door before him. Baekhyun was left alone in his room. He sighed and pulled the blanket up to his face again. He closed his eyes for him to fall asleep, but he can't.

He stood up and looked out of the window beside his desk. The place was still and silent. Baekhyun sighed as he sat in front of his laptop and did the finishing touches of his project.

After saving the file, he stood up and opened his bedroom's door. He screamed at the top of his lungs upon seeing Sehun outside his room.
 

“Baek!” Sehun said as he shook Baekhyun's shoulder. The latter was still screaming and panting as Sehun slapped him in his cheek; the slap wasn't hard but it was strong enough for Baekhyun to stop shrieking.
 

“What's that for?” Baekhyun said, rubbing his cheek. He tsk-ed as he stood up (he fell to the floor upon seeing Sehun), Sehun chuckled.

“I'm sorry, but I had to do that,” Sehun said. He shrugged as Baekhyun scowled at him.

Baekhyun got out of the room as Sehun followed him. “Why is it needed to slap a person, my friend?” Baekhyun said as he opened the door of the fridge. Sehun laughed. “And why are you even here?”

“You need to slap a person to bring him or her back to reality,” Sehun shrugged, “and I heard you're sick, and that's why I'm here.”
Baekhyun pulled a pitcher of juice and spilled some on two glasses. He picked the glasses up and handed one to Sehun, which the latter accepted with a smile.

Baekhyun sat beside Sehun as he drank half of the juice. “I don't get it.”

“Which one?”
 

“The second one.”
 

Sehun nodded, finishing the milk. After setting the glass down, he looked at Baekhyun's dark orbs. The latter's eyebrows were raised to the highest level as he finished his glass as well.

“I'm here to take care of you,” Sehun said. Baekhyun's mouth gaped open, forming a little 'o'.

“W-why? You don't need to take care of me. I know how to handle myself,” Baekhyun said as he avoided the younger's gaze. He felt his face heat up as he brushed his palm on his face.

“I want to,” Sehun said. He stood up and collected the glasses and placed them on the sink. Baekhyun watched him, and when he opened the faucet, Baekhyun stood up.

“Hey, I should be the one doing that,” Baekhyun argued. Sehun just smiled at him. Baekhyun looked at the younger's dark brown eyes and gulped.

Uh oh.