Five - Step One

The Bet | ..? [ discontinued ]

*ChapteFiveSteOne;

Baekhyun tossed and turned in his bed; but still couldn't sleep. The kiss he planted on Chanyeol's cheek was planted made his stomach toss and turn as well while his cheeks turned scarlet. He kept convincing himself that it was a “friendly” kiss, but he knew down there that it isn't.

Chanyeol was doing the same thing. He tossed and his bed too, and he couldn't sleep well. At some points; he will find himself bringing his hand up to his cheek where Baekhyun had kissed him. He convinced himself that it was a “thank you” kiss, but there it goes again, the butterflies in his stomach.

***

Baekhyun woke up as his mother knocked on his bedroom door. ”Baekhyun! You better be not late for school!”

He groaned as he removed the blanket out of his face. His face was scrunched as the sunrays entered his room and shone like there's no forever. He stood up and got everything he needed before stepping inside the showers.

He was scrubbing his body with the soap as the thought of him planting a kiss on Chanyeol's cheek entered his mind. His cheeks were tinted with pink as he tugged on his hair. He groaned as he turned the shower on and cold, morning water ran down his body.

***

“Baekhyun!” a shriek echoed down the halls. Baekhyun turned and saw the tall guy he doesn't want to see this early in the morning.

“Good morning,” Chanyeol greeted as Baekhyun smiled. “You look tired.”

Baekhyun started walking, Chanyeol trailing beside him. Walking with Chanyeol was awkward enough for Baekhyun, then Chanyeol noticed the bags under his eyes. What could be more awkward?

“Oh, don't mind that.” Baekhyun said as they stopped over Baekhyun's locker. Baekhyun started shoving books inside the locker as Chanyeol leaned beside him.

“You look like you haven't invested enough sleep,” Chanyeol said in a matter-of-fact tone. Baekhyun blinked. He looked at Chanyeol and noticed the bags under the latter's eyes as well. 'Who is he kidding, he haven't had enough sleep, too.' Baekhyun thought as he closed the locker door. They started walking again as Baekhyun started talking.

“So do you,” Baekhyun murmured, of course he didn't mention that the reason behind those dark bags underneath his eyes is this pretty boy beside him. Damn.

“Yes, something's bothering me.“ Chanyeol admitted.

“What is it, Chanyeol? I'm your friend. You can tell me what's bothering you. I may not be able to help but I will listen twenty-four-seven,” Baekhyun said while flashing a smile.

“Thank you,” Chanyeol said, a smile plastered on his lips. He looked around and saw his friends.

“I'll see you later then?” Chanyeol asked. He doesn't want to leave Baekhyun. He doesn't want to.

“Yeah, sure. Thanks,” Baekhyun murmured, disappointment evident in his voice.

***

Baekhyun made his way out of his class to meet his best friend and take lunch. He was surprised to see Chanyeol outside; waiting for him.

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol shouted. He was leaning against the wall and when he saw Baekhyun, he ran to the latter.

“Hey,” Baekhyun greeted as Chanyeol walked in front of him. The sight of the tall guy made his stomach toss and turn.

“Wanna go to lunch with me?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun simply answered.

“I'm going to lunch with Luhan,” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol's smile faded away as he looked around.

“Ask him if he could go with us?” Chanyeol asked.

'He seriously wants to go to lunch with me.' Baekhyun thought - or so he thought.

“Yeah, sure.” Baekhyun gave up. Right then and there, Luhan came and dropped his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder.

“Baekhyun,” Luhan panted. Beads of sweat were trickling down his face as he caught his breath.

“Oh, Luhan. Chanyeol here wants to go to lunch with us,” Baekhyun said. Luhan's eyes widen in shock and then he wiggled his eyebrows at Baekhyun; while Chanyeol looked at them out of curiosity.

“Oh, I came by to tell you that I can't come with you for lunch today. I have a project and I need to finish it in a snap,” Luhan said as he started walking away. “Thanks for the invitation, though!” he said as he waved good bye.

“Let's go?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yeah.”

***

Probably, going with Chanyeol to lunch was the most awkward thing Baekhyun had done.

Chanyeol had bought him foods; he said he wouldn't take a “no” for an answer. Baekhyun stomped his foot yet he found the action sweet.

They sat facing each other. Chanyeol kept blurting out lame jokes (he was well known for those), but Baekhyun found the “lame” jokes amusing. He laughed at each and one of them, and his laughter made Chanyeol satisfied.

They were eating when Sehun sat down beside Chanyeol.

“Hey, Chanyeol.” Sehun rested his palm on Chanyeol's shoulder. He was looking at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun, feeling a little awkward, nodded at Sehun then looked at his own food.

“Hey, your name's Baekhyun, right?” Sehun asked. Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at Sehun, suspecting.

'Is he gonna tell Baekhyun about the bet...?' he thought.

“Yeah,” Baekhyun answered, barely above a whisper.

“I'm Sehun,” Sehun smiled as Baekhyun nodded and flicked his fingers. You can tell he's feeling real awkward.

“Yes, I do know you.” Baekhyun said as he flashed a cheeky grin. “Nice to meet you, though. My bestfriend fancies you.”

Sehun's eye widen. “Really? You mean... Luhan?”

“Yes,” Baekhyun answered the suppressed a laugh. “I'm not supposed to tell you that, well, I did.“

Sehun and Chanyeol laughed. “A bit sneaky, huh.” Chanyeol said.

“Yeah, but Luhan's planning on telling you so there's no difference. Except the fact that you already know.” Baekhyun chuckled as he glanced at his watch.

“I got to go, thank you!” Baekhyun walked away as Sehun wiggled his eyebrows at Chanyeol.

“What?” Chanyeol, confused, asked.

***