.five

Order Of Business

Chapter Five

Bad Intentions

 

      Daehyun was growing impatient. It was a safe assumption, considering he had been trying to perform a direct infiltration into the Yoo mansion for three weeks already. No matter what he did, he had found getting directly close to Yoo Seoyeon without her knowledge was far more difficult than he had first assumed. She was paranoid, and her house was damn near impenetrable.

 

      The worse part being, she knew it.

 

      He liked the arrogant ones, and easily found them far more entertaining than many others lined up in the monotonously boring society.

 

      He let out a tiny sigh, his fingers drumming against the hardwood desk while his chin lay propped up in his open palm. His eyes stayed lingered against the chess bored, gazing and mapping out all the possible paths his knight could move. His bishop had been taken out towards the beginning of the game, his castle stood trapped on the corner of the bored with nowhere to turn without getting caught. The pawns lingered in dormant, waiting to be moved.

 

      Yongguk’s expression didn’t change as he took out his knight with his lonely queen. Daehyun’s lips quirked into a small smirk, quickly moving his pawn and taking out the queen, successfully trapping the king inside a barrier of pawns, leaving no room for escape without falling prey to his own queen or castle.

 

      “Checkmate.” Daehyun stated. “I believe this is my win.”

 

      Yongguk’s eyes rose to Daehyun in an instant, cold and calculating. In an instant, Yongguk pulled out a gun, aimed strictly at Daehyun’s temple. Their gaze connected for a long and silent moment as Daehyun’s hands rose in defense.

 

      “Just cause you lost?” Daehyun said, and Yongguk pulled out a cigarette, effortlessly lighting it without removing the gun. He then blew smoke into the defenseless Daehyun’s face.

 

      “I’ve got a reputation.” Yongguk stated, his finger starting to press against the trigger. Daehyun quickly ducked, just as the gun was fired, causing the bullet to zoom past him and into three pots before finally damaging the newly painted walls, much to Daehyun’s disappointment. “That’s embarrassing. Come back up and I’ll try again.” Yongguk took a longer drag from his cigarette, the gun still in his hand. “It’s not like it’ll kill you.”

 

      “ that. Do you know how difficult it is to get blood out of this carpet?” Daehyun stated, just as Yongguk aimed the gun towards the chess board, not hesitating to shoot down Daehyun’s king.

 

      “Looks like I win.” Yongguk deadpanned.

 

      Daehyun merely watched the wooden King fall down into a hundred specks onto his brand new white rug. “I don’t even know what to say to that.”

 

      “Don’t be a sore loser.” Yongguk replied, putting away the weapon. His tone was as carefree as ever, with just a tiny hint of natural Bang family arrogance.

 

      “I’d prefer to have what’s left of my time, be peaceful.” Daehyun retorted.

 

      “You kill people for a living.”

 

      “I said my time, not other people’s time.” Yongguk snorted at Daehyun’s comment as he placed his feet up on the shattered remnants of Daehyun’s table, which had been completely ruined by yet another bullet hole from Bang Yongguk, yet again. “You know this side of yourself that you seem to only show around me.”

 

      Yongguk let a fume of smoke out from his lips, which had slowly curved into a smirk. “Yep.”

 

      “Can you get rid of it?” Daehyun replied, his muscles stiff as he laid his back against the couch cushions, legs dangled over the soft couch arm.

 

      “How’s the mission going?” Yongguk asked, completely ignoring Daehyun’s previous comment.

 

      “Dandy. Now back to the ‘get rid of it’ convo-”

 

      “Dandy?” Yongguk scoffed. “You haven’t made a smidge of progress.”

 

      “I got the job.”

 

      “If you recall, I got you that job.”

 

      “Why did you make me married?”

 

      “Figured it would help to let the world know you were a family man.” Yongguk replied, his lips curling into a smirk once more as he played with the cigarette in between his fingers. “Your face just screams ‘I’m a real ’ but at least now it screams, ‘I’m a real , but I got myself a wife.’”

 

      “I fear for you.” Daehyun mumbled to himself as he placed his arm over his eyes. “Is my wife at least a hottie?”

 

      Yongguk didn’t answer as he tossed his lit cigarette onto Daehyun’s neck, the tip of the ignited cig immediately sizzled his skin. Daehyun let out a quick gasp as he knocked the burning stick off of him, his hand instantly holding his neck as he watched the stick fall onto his white rug. He swiftly picked it up, leaving behind a slightly dark brown stain in its wake. Instantly, he turned his eyes harshly onto Yongguk, whose expression stayed the same.

 

      “You’ve gone soft. Normally, you would have caught that.” Yongguk stated, and Daehyun sighed taking his hand off his neck, the read mark already disappearing. “What happened to those Jung reflexes that I liked so much?”

 

      Daehyun’s eyebrows slightly furrowed, but he made no response. Yongguk stood up, his tall body suddenly hovering over him with a speed that made Daehyun slightly dizzy. “Better get further into that house.” Yongguk’s long fingers gripped onto Daehyun’s chin, causing the boy’s expression to empty into nothing.

 

      “I’m beginning to think you’ve lost respect for me. Maybe I won’t go through with this now. It’s not like you’ve given me much leeway to use my abilities,” came the boy’s instant remark, causing the taller man’s lips to twitch up for a moment before going cold.

 

      “It’s either you march in there with whatever dignity you’ve got pent up, or I officially cut off your balls and make you my .”

 

      “…”

 

      “Are we clear?” Yongguk’s smirked. “Or will I have to make use of past promises?”

 

      Daehyun said nothing, but the other let him go regardless, and before he knew it, the taller man had backed up. Daehyun let out a soft groan, letting his back fall onto the cushions once more, his arm slinked over his eyes as allowed his body to rest, mind fully conscious while his skin numbed and chilled.

 

      He was getting real sick of this kill-free mission.

 

      “But on another note,” Yongguk continued, running a hand through his hair as his change of tone cause Daehyun’s eyes to trail over to the trigger happy psychopath. “I heard that this house got robbed. Made a mess.”

 

      Daehyun glanced to the side, just barely running over the events in his head. “Ah. That.

 

      “Did they inflict any long term damage that I should know about?” Yongguk asked, face still expressionless. The sound of the clock ticking was the only noise in the room, causing the tension to slightly thicken as Daehyun ran his hand over the sizzled mark that was already just about healed.

 

      “They were looking for something.” He finally answered, his eyes glancing down towards the hem of his shirt.

 

      “Didn’t find that, I suspect.” Yongguk replied, nonchalant as he quickly stood up.

 

      “Obviously.” Daehyun was silent, his expression and tone flat. He made a clicking noise with his tongue; all traces of earlier emotion wiped clean away as he stared blankly ahead.

 

      “Regardless, you must be close to what we’re looking for,” Yongguk stated, and Daehyun blinked his eyes towards the older man, no trace of curiosity. Yongguk smirked before answering, regardless of the man’s lack of desire to know. “You’ve become more moody as of late. Almost angry.” Still Daehyun didn’t speak. “Almost about time you start crying like a little , don’t ya think?”

 

      Daehyun didn’t understand, and neither did he want to, so he settled for silence. He wasn’t sure when Yongguk left, and the silence didn’t cease.

 

⚉—••—⚇

 

      “Look at that.” Daehyun stated, his hand brushing over a neatly organized jar of pens, placed on top of a neatly organized desk, in a neatly (near empty) room. “It’s only been three short weeks and you’ve already got me in your room.” Daehyun let out an amused smirk. Youngjae in return gave the boy the harshest glare he could muster, about to issue back a retort only to hesitate as Daehyun lifted up a tiny picture frame from his desk.

 

      Swiftly, Youngjae darted over to the snooping bodyguard quickly yanking away the picture frame and having to get much too close to the other to do it. Their eyes connected, and Youngjae’s astonished gaze met Daehyun’s continuously placid one. The thought that Daehyun had managed to make him react like this in turn filled him with a pulsating annoyance.

 

      “My, my, Jae-Jae.” Daehyun’s expression warped into one of mocking. He made no move to lean forward or back, finding himself quite amused at Youngjae’s sudden break from the silent treatment, as it had been going on since the encounter with the men in suits the prior week. Said silence, made it almost impossible for the increasingly impatient Daehyun to get any sort of rise from the pain in the nerd. “The freak comes out behind closed doors, huh?” Daehyun smirked when he saw the door actually open, and he leaned his head closer, forehead almost knocking out the other’s who was still frozen stiff at his actions.

 

      “The door is open, jackass,” Youngjae retorted, refusing to lose the battle that set sail between them.

 

       “I can close it you know.” Daehyun replied, the smirk never once leaving.

 

      Getting ahold of himself, Youngjae instantly backed up, throwing the picture into the trashcan before crossing his arms over his chest and bringing his annoyed gaze back up to his sadistic bodyguard. “Get out.”

 

      “There’s bad men after your life and your sister’s not home, are you sure you don’t need anyone to tuck you in?” Daehyun replied, his fingers brushing over the polished oak desk as he silently inspected the bare room. His tone was empty, but the sarcasm was apparent, as Youngjae had long since learned that his stoic bodyguard was a deadpan with a God complex.

 

      “I’d rather throw myself at a group of those black tie morons than have you anywhere near me or my bed.” Youngjae retorted, his scowl hardening as his eyes followed Daehyun’s fingers, manhandling all his stuff. “Now get out.” He quickly tore the clock out from the other’s hands; setting it back in the exact same place it was before. “And stop touching things.”

 

      Daehyun wasn’t phased, and if anything, Youngjae was only continuing to egg the other on, much to Youngjae’s apparent annoyance as he had no other desire than to push the older bodyguard in front of a moving train. Daehyun made no retort; settling for bouncing onto Youngjae’s bed, strictly in Youngjae’s usual spot. Daehyun smirked, eye immediately connecting with the other’s annoyed gaze.

 

      “No. Get off. Get out. you.” Youngjae stated, pointing towards the door. “I’m tired. Not in the mood.”

 

      “I’m not a complete , by all means, join me.” Daehyun bit his bottom lip in a grin. “Come on,” he continued, ushering the other closer.

 

      Youngjae’s eye narrowed as a tension filled silence drifted in the room before Youngjae abruptly turned his heel and left the room without another word. Daehyun smirked, laying his back against the bed, arms folded behind his head before his expression completely disappeared as if it were never there. He slightly questioned why he was acting the way he was, playing around with the Yoo boy wasn’t apart of his mission, so why he continued to torture the boy, he wasn’t so certain.

 

     He found himself almost surprised as Youngjae suddenly came back into the room, lying down next to him with a rather placid expression. He raised an eyebrow, smirking as the boy tried to beat him in his own game. Daehyun quickly recognized the distance between the two, making no hesitation to scoot closer, pressing his side next to Youngjae’s, who he felt and saw visibly stiffen. He felt Youngjae’s scowl long before he saw it, leaving a sense of twisted satisfaction throughout his body.

 

     Youngjae seemed to suddenly drop a pair as he suddenly placed his hand, intricately on top of Daehyun’s leg. An amused smirk appeared on Daehyun’s once expressionless face, and he instantly trailed his fingers down the pale skin of Youngjae’s arm before weaving his fingers through the back of the nerdy boy’s fingers. Youngjae seemed to freeze at the touch, his entire body running cold as Daehyun raised his innocently placed hand near the other’s not so innocent groin.

 

     The silent battle seemed to cancel out the burning electricity shooting through the skin where Daehyun’s finger’s resided. It almost felt like a tingling heat that caused his body to dry up and his head to suddenly feel light.

 

     Youngjae jumped off the bed with a force that caused the floorboards to slightly squeak at the pressure. He made a silent note to have that fixed before he directed a full forced glare towards his supposed bodyguard (what he was being guarded for, he still hadn’t much clue), who had already sat up with an altogether arrogant smirk before speaking an instant before Youngjae could even utter a word.

 

     “I don’t usually get it up for anyone, but I could get hard for you in an instant. What’s say you and I just lay down the hammer, release the tension, mark our territory…” Daehyun’s face looked all the more mocking, his eyes down casted and his voice suddenly deepened. “…if you’re not getting it, that’s code for my ,” Daehyun stated, and Youngjae’s mouth went agape before shutting and dropping all the same. Daehyun was satisfied with the silence as he laid back down on the Yoo boy’s bed, finding himself falling for his own lie rather more than he thought as he felt his lower area twitch the slightest bit, despite his wishes.

 

     Youngjae seemed to finally get his temperament back, as he swiftly moved forward, putting a knee onto his bed and leaning forward. His eyes connected with the other’s placid gaze, causing his scowl to deepen.

 

     “Get out.”

 

     “I’m rolling my eyes here, Jae-Jae.”

 

     “Good. Maybe you can roll them up your own condescending .”

 

     Daehyun’s lips widened into a smirk, his eyes narrowing in catlike nature, but despite that, Youngjae wasn’t able to see much of anything in the other’s empty gaze. It was like watching a canteen of nothing, try and speak to him. How that hallow can still managed to infuriate him, only seemed to infuriate him more. But his temper wouldn’t win against someone like Daehyun, in fact, it seemed to only make the condescending bastard win the argument.

 

     “How about instead,” Daehyun’s body slowly moved up, getting closer to the other’s without a single hesitation, “I roll them up your instead?”

 

      “Is that code for your ?”

 

      “That’s code for my .” Daehyun’s smirk widened before he lifted himself up off the bed, walking right past a seething Youngjae. “Don’t study yourself to death now, Jae-Jae, I still haven’t gotten much of my paycheck.”

 

     “Maybe it will give you a chance to actually do your job instead of just mooching off my sister’s money.” Youngjae retorted, causing a bitter laugh from the other.

 

     “I wouldn’t complain much about your sister’s money now, Jae-Jae. It is the only thing keeping you from being a lonely, friendless, loser.” Daehyun’s eyes connected with Youngjae’s, before he let out a complete, smirk free smile that managed to look completely empty of all genuine emotions. Youngjae once more felt his entire being close down with a rush of anger, taking all his energy to not lash out. He refused to give the other the satisfaction in doing so.

 

     “And what’s you’re excuse Dae-Dae, you’ve got all the money you could want, and you’re still a lonely, friendless, .”  

 

     Daehyun’s expression didn’t waver in the slightest. “Friendless…maybe. A ? I’ve been called worse. But don’t for a second think I’m lonely. I don’t have to pay a single soul to be by my side, Jae. They all come flocking anyway.” Daehyun stretched his arms upward, his shirt rising with the motion, showing the slightest bit of skin as the motion came and went. “Well, I gotta run. My shift officially ends now. Lucky me. I don’t get paid enough to look at you after hours.”

 

     “Don’t let the door hit you in the on your way out, or do, I don’t give a .” Youngjae replied, leaning his body back against the bed with a surprisingly empty expression which caused Daehyun to shrug.

 

     Any temper the man had gotten out of the boy seemed to have vanished. Daehyun merely scoffed as he walked out of the room, making sure to leave the door open a crack. He could practically feel the cold scowl on his back while he walked away. It seemed the farther he got the less and less he felt about it or anything. Once he was out of the house he gave it a last look, wondering what came over him in the first place.

 

     Daehyun scowled, placing his head into his palm as he continued walking. There was definitely something seriously wrong with him.

 

⚉—••—⚇

 

      “I doubt the house is haunted, Daehyun,” Himchan stated, half his face mindlessly covered by the mug which held his latte. His legs were strictly crossed under the table while his back was straight up against his seat. He was a little cross that the other wasn’t able to tell that he had bought new designer boots, but he shouldn’t have expected such from someone as dunce as Daehyun.

 

      “I’ve been inside that house fifteen times, each one giving me a golden opportunity to easily recon and get the mission done, and each time I find myself outside of it without any reason why I left the job unfinished.” Daehyun stated, as empty as if he were reading a very boring textbook on the history of biochemistry

 

      “That doesn’t make it haunted.” Himchan leaned forward, his elbows placed on the table. “It’s rather easily to tell what this is. You have performance anxiety.” Himchan continued as he saw Daehyun’s sudden raised brow. “Don’t be embarrassed, it happens to the best of us… not me of course, cause I mean, look at me. But there’s a calm solution to your affliction. Listen closely.” Himchan leaned in close, as if he were about to share some big secret while Daehyun’s continued gazing at him through uncaring and narrowed eyelids. “The trick is to stop thinking Kim Himchan gives a .”

 

      Daehyun’s lips didn’t so much as twitch, which was a shame as Himchan thought the suspense was hilarious.

 

      “Seriously fatass, you come to me for every little problem.” Himchan stated as evenly as if he were talking about the weather. “I have a life, I have a job, and you are by far no little ball of sunshine. I know, I’m older, I should be more understanding to the little ones. Now I don’t know why so many people come to me with there troubles, maybe I should cut back on the pink, maybe I shouldn’t smile so often, but in all honesty, I couldn’t give a rat’s about anything Jung Daehyun.”

 

      Daehyun slightly smirked, the rant obviously not even making him slightly twitch as he innocently stirred his own chai tea with a spoon. “And yet you continue to be at my every beck and call, Channie-pop. I barely even said your name and you were already just begging me to share a story. I think old age has made that sad limp sea monster in between your legs really desperate for some younger attention.”

 

      “ jokes are beneath you.”

 

      “Sadly I can’t say the same as nothing these days seem to be beneath you.”

 

      “Ohh? Now masculinity jokes. That was saucy Daehyun. Tickle me impressed.”

 

      “I call it how I see it.”

 

      “Now, on another note, I get that the poor lady got your order wrong, but was it so necessary to spill so much blood?” Himchan asked, glancing at the bodies, just barely taking their last breaths as blood ran down through their empty eye sockets. Their entire brain’s spilling out through every hole on their heads. The once white tiles were beginning to be painted over in dark red. Rather poetic in Himchan’s opinion.

 

      “I hate chai tea.” Daehyun replied, stirring the cup nonchalantly once more.

 

      “And right when I had clean up duty this month too. Cruel.”

 

      “Icing on the cake, Himchan, icing on the cake.”

 

      “Hardly seems like a reason to kill 24 people, now is it? That’s a lot of bodies for me to make disappear.”

 

      “They are in the arms of an angel now, if only Sarah McLachlan could see it now.” Daehyun continued to stir the tea, his voice as nonchalant as ever.

 

      “That’s a commercial about dying dogs, not dying humans.”

 

      “Dead humans. And there’s a dead dog in the back room.”

 

      “Ah…”

 

      “Quite.”

 


Author's Note

Oh my. Daehyun told me he was getting too soft. So I felt making him kill 24 people and a defenseless golden retriever, along with making a very innappropriate joke about a depressing commercial just felt right. It a bad way ya know.

I'm setting the mood. Daehyun knows something's wrong, he makes sure he can still do his job. Equals dead bodies and a royally unhappy Himchan. Oh my.

I took a while. I'm sorry. My demented sense of humor made it difficult to get passed the romancey part between Dae and Jae. Spicy. If only Jae-Jae wasn't a big weeny, he would have that hand a bit more upward. It wouldn't work out for my plot, but it would surely put a grin on my little fan girl heart. 

But bro. Bro. If they do have , it could be broal. Oral between bros.

I'mma shut up now. 

The joke between Dae and Him made me laugh cause Daehyun basically said that Himchan is always the bottom in every relationship.

That fit the sense of humor quite well if I do say so myself. I wanna make Dae Dae into a very bad man. All to fit my plot, which is slowly developing. Be patient and thanks for reading. Imma go night night now.