02

fake care

The next morning Onew could feel some one's lips on his cheek and he smiled, his mind immediately registering the only one who does it early morning.
"Good morning, hyung"
" Gu'morning ,Taemin. I missed you"
the younger boy immediately pulled his hyung to sitting position and hugged him tight with a muffled 'I missed you too hyung'. After letting go he looked seriously at his smiling hyung and began pouring his worries and life events that took place the last two weeks when he had been gone home, a break from being Onew to Jinki.
"-so that was totally strange hyung!" they both burst out laughing at this point.
"Oh, speaking about strange, Jonghyun-hyung's been acting strange since you left. He sleeps all day and acts like an when any of us speaks to him, he even had picked up a fight when I called you as 'Jinki-hyung'. I think he needs a break too, what do you say hyung?"
Onew let the information get to him slowly, taking his own time and replied after a minute of silence.

"I'll talk to him, don’t worry Taemin. Now I've got to get fresh, we can continue later."
"kay hyung, see you in the breakfast table then" Onew saw him leave until he heard the door close and laid back down. He thought of what Taemin told him about Jonghyun and he sighs, doesn't know how to go on about it, resting his arm on his eyes and he wants to sleep again. But then the door to his room opens again  and this time, he feels a peck on his lips but before he could act, he feels his legs being pulled and he shouts a 'no! min-!' before a thud was heard of him landing on the floor- first- and laughter followed by it.
" Damn Minho, have you forgotten your respect to your elders?"
" no, hyung, but you surely have forgotten being woken up in the morning by me" Minho replied, his laughter still echoing. But soon they are hugging and exchange a brief ' welcome home' 'how are you' and some news and stuff ( onho stuff) and he's being pushed out of his room to the washroom.
The moment he steps out of the room, he sees everybody-everybody except Jonghyun. Kibum is whining about something, while Taemin is nodding simply, not really paying attention and he greets Kibum and makes way for washroom.
When he comes out, he wishes he finds Jonghyun there because that'd make things easier for  him  but he doesn't, so he knows what he has to do next. He turns to Jonghyun's room with two plates of breakfast.
Jonghyun doesn't move when he purposefully makes noise while shutting the door, nor did he respond when Onew called out his name after setting the plates on the table nearby.
He was uneasy and didn't want to face Onew after what had happened last night. So he tries acting asleep-the only way he could think of at the moment.
"Jonghyun"
"…"
"Jonghyun…..jjong"
His voice harsh and trembling when he replies " Stop it, hyung" mainly because of the rush of feelings in him but then he didn't sleep all night.
he hears a sigh and feels the bed dipping,
"I'm home…"
Jonghyun opens his eyes and looks up at Onew, not expecting that the very least. He had expected Onew's firm leader dialogues but not this.
"Let's have breakfast?"
He just nods, confused. And then he is being fed by Onew. He's not hungry- but he likes the feel of having Onew so close to him, having his attention on only him and he eats all, his stomach growing much hungrier each bite because of his lost diet and skipped meals with a smile on his lips.
he's feeling better now, not the drunk to the brain better but a hearty one. So he forgets all the wrong things happened last two weeks, the loneliness and the hopelessness, the yearning and craving.
so somewhere in the middle when Onew had a bite for himself from his own plate, Jonghyun threads his fingers through Onew's hair and connects their lips- Onew stuck in mid-bite- and  pulls back with the food now in his mouth, chewing it happily.
Onew is surprised but is embarrassed as hell when the food was stolen from his mouth and enjoyed by the other. Jonghyun then feeds Onew who takes it  confused at first- wasn't it Jonghyun who was ill and Onew came to take care of him- but then he realizes what he wants when Jonghyun kisses him again, stealing food from his mouth and gulping it down with a smile.
Onew wonders where the Jonghyun Taemin mentioned is, probably gone when he returned back dorm.
Kibum enters Jonghyun's room, to check if things are going well, and freezes on looking at a smiling Jonghyun with hands mid-raised to Onew's lips who pushes the hand towards Jonghyun's mouth who takes it in dejectedly.
"wow hyung, just what in earth did you do to have him turned 360?"
"  duh Kibum, did you know he likes eating on bed? He likes being treated as a king, diva"
"I've done that hyung, except I didn't feed him like u did" Onew's face is heating up, thinking about Jonghyun's earlier actions.
"Kibum, hyung's back, so we're going to have lunch out. Tell manager-hyung that." Jonghyun startled Onew and Key by his sudden speech. He merely gulped the glass of water and left to washroom.
"Hyung…." Kibum called when he thought Jonghyun is far enough. He was replied with a sigh.
"Hyung-
" I know Kibum-ah…I know…"
Kibum had many questions, all on the tip of his tongue ready to swim out but one took over all the others completely. "Hyung, I thought you were going to have lunch with Joon-hyung today"
That did it. Onew went silent, his brain ordering itself to work rapidly to think of something-anything and the color draining out of his face when he saw Jonghyun walking back to them. But to his relief, Jonghyun just sat next to Onew playing with his mobile.
Kibum sensing his discomfort let Onew to ignore answering his question, himself exiting the room randomly.
"jjong, I actually have a meeting today for lunch, so can we postpone it?"
 "no, hyung, you postpone the meeting."
Onew thought about it, but his meeting with Joon was important and they were free only today, having a comeback this season.
"jonghyun, I can't do that, I'm sorry" and it took him more coaxing on getting jonghun allowing him to one condition.
"you will spend the whole evening after the lunch with me, no complaints"
" okay, great!" and they talked some more before both remembered to get ready for their schedule.

when they reached the studio, other members were already there, doing their parts. Onew took a stroll on the building to meet the people after two weeks leave and then joined other members for their practice.
After the practice, Jonghyun crawled over to him to peck his lips, which went unnoticed by the others as Minho was half asleep, Taemin and Kibum had gone out of the room for lunch. They got lost in the movement of their lips for some times that is before Onew's mobile rang, startling and separating both of them, and luckily that’s when Key and Taemin entered the room with enough food and Minho too looking quite awake because of the intrusion.

" Onew-hyung," Minho called out, glancing towards them and noting them so close brought out suspicious feelings
"Onew hyung, since you've returned after so long, let's have a small party" he said cheerfully, not seeming to mind Jonghyun's and Onew's closeness- brushing it off thinking Jonghyun is back to normal (being the king of skin ship and all).
"ah, sorry Minho, I can't, I have a meeting for lunch." Onew answered, checking his mobile with one hand and with the other- slightly pushing back Jonghyun and himself backing away and hoping no one would ask the dangerous question which is more likely because everyone has their privacy-but- obviously, they're SHINee, and HE is THE dubu leader who needs to be protected , so it doesn't come as a shock when Minho and Taemin question him with a synch " With whom is it?"
And Onew is in dilemma- should he reply his dongsaengs first or should he answer his phone instead -now vibrating in his hand
But either way, he's in danger and cannot escape without Jonghyun knowing of his lunch mate.