03

fake care

Onew's 'escape' was much less dramatic or chaotic than he thought it would be- all thanks to key.
Key had taken a look at his phone and shoved him out of the practice room saying he was hungry and he would not have his lunch until Onew left, which was a pretty stupid reason, really. But it had saved him at the moment. He made a mental note to thank Kibum later.

All of it ran out of his mind as he saw Joon- hyung, lying with his cheek on the table, his disguise costumes sprawled out on the top.
Chuckling, he made way to the table. He can mentally see his hyung's soul flying away from his body.
"Hey Joonie-hyung" Onew said softly, not to startle his not-in-this-world hyung.
To this, Joon's head snapped up looking awful and Onew practically rushed to his side, taking the closest seat and tucking back half of the disguise to Joon's face, hissing " Hyung, get a grip on yourself- don't be like this in public-sheesh"
"jinki-yah… Park ahjumma had called me yesterday. She's demanding on meeting me tonight! What should I do~?" he whined, tugging on his wig lightly.
"Hyung, that's bad, take someone with you. She might lessen her usual torture?" Onew added suggestively "And maybe let you go early?" he mentally applauded himself for coming up with plan 1 so soon.
"That's not possible because she's……" he whined, "I don't want to do this"
" Joonie-hyung, sit up straight, maintain your posture hyung, you look ridiculous" he made to reach out to Joon's arm, but stopped trying as Joon curled up more instead.
"Hyung really, doing this won't help you, we need to think of  a solid plan."
"Nothing Jinki, nothing's going to work"
" Hey, don't be like that, I have a better plan for you, plan no.2 "
 And so on… They continued going on about it for so long that none of them noticed the passing of time or the vibrations of their mobiles until they finally decided to put the first plan on action, Joon's condition seemingly better than before.
Onew still hadn't checked his mobile even when they made move out of the café, still arguing with Joon about something before he remembered Jonghyun as the matter extended to band members.
They split and he quickly left off to his dorm, hurrying as soon as possible.


When he reached, he was met with a very pissed off Jonghyun waiting outside the dorm in his car. Apologizing with a sly smile, he quickly entered the dorm to change his outfit and ran back to Jonghyun.
He lets out a sigh when he was seated comfortably he turned to Jonghyun,
"sorry jjong… the meeting was a little late, sorry to make you wait"
"you could have informed me, hyung" came Jonghyun's  rapid reply which had him feeling guiltier.
"sorry"
"hyung, you could have at least given me a call when you saw my missed calls, or even left a message"
"sorry jjong, after seeing the time I rushed here, without using my mind" Jonghyun's expression became unreadable as they argued,a several more apologies and,
"Not fair, hyung"
"I'm sor- huh wha?" there was a short span of awkward silence when neither of them spoke, Jonghyun concentrating on the road, and Onew replaying their conversation in his head.
 "Just-hyung, don't do it again"
to which he replied a soft "Okay"…
"So Jonghyun, where are we going?" Onew tried to lessen the awkwardness.
"We're heading directly to dinner, you are late, Onew"
"Ah…sorry again"
 

 Things got better after that, both enjoying their leisure time. Jonghyun had picked out a small 5 star park for their dinner, with no people other than the waiters.
"Hyung, why is everything going to be chicken ?" he questioned as he heard Onew's choice patiently.
" hmm..?" Jonghyun noticed Onew getting distracted in between and fiddling with his mobile,
 "Hey! What's wrong with that?" Onew replied again as he registered Jonghyun's words,
"Hyung, I'm in the mood for having meat right now, can we change this for once?"
"Let's order separate then"
"No hyung, then we can't share a plate!  I wanna share a plate!" he replied enthusiastically.
"Alright then-" he looked over his mobile under the table, typing a quick reply and tappin 'send' before looking at Jonghyun, thankfully everything seems normal… Yet
The food arrived, and they sat next to each other for their first "sharing plate" experience, and this time, Onew took the responsibility of feeding Jonghyun well, trying to make up for the lost time.

After they were done with their meal, Onew tried attacking Jonghyun with questions on what he did while Onew was away. Just then he felt his mobile vibrate, and was relieved to know Joon was free from MRS. Park.
Unknown to him, Jonghyun too leaned down to look at his mobile while he was typing a reply. Before he could send it though, he found Jonghyun storming out of the park to the car, and he too followed, unsure of what might have happened to Jonghyun.
Reaching towards the car Jonghyun stopped suddenly, looking back at Onew with teary eyes and a question as effective as an arrow,
"Are you double timing with me?"

..................................................................................................................................................................................................