05

fake care

"Are you double timing with me?" He asked, with loud thumping heart, making it difficult to hear his own voice, anticipating a negative answer from the other.
But nothing came; Onew just stared for a long time with tearful eyes and quivering lips, feeling cold inside out.
When he finally answered though, his face was tear stricken, voice barely above whisper and a car passing through them with noise that had Jonghyun realizing of their positions. Both standing on each side of the road- Jonghyun near his car while Onew yet to cross the road.

His heart becoming alert again, he rushed towards Onew's side. Hugging him with all his might. Onew clung back to him, welcoming the warmth crawling towards himself.
Both were crying at this point, Onew- on realizing the massive amount of pain he might have put Jonghyun through because of him, and Jonghyun- due to the pain he felt on  lip reading Onew's answer to his question earlier,
 I care for you, Jonghyun.

By the time they both reached home, they were exhausted and felt all the energy out of them. Onew had drove back home while Jonghyun couldn't control his sobbing and fell half asleep on the passenger seat.
Onew tucked Jonghyun to his bed and fell asleep there keeping him close.


He was the first one to wake up the next morning, having woken up by Minho who seemed worried.
"Hyung, is everything okay?"
Onew thought about the previous night, how both have broken down and slept early due to exhaustion.
" I don't know Minho… how's every one?" Onew asked about the other members.
" We had gone out for dinner early yesterday but when Taemin returned back to get his forgotten phone, he found you both sleeping here"
 A sigh "We too had our dinner early and we got exhausted so we slept first."
Onew untangled himself from Jonghyun and left for washroom, all the while feeling Minho's gaze on him.
After returning, he didn't find Minho there anymore, instead he saw Jonghyun still asleep. He contemplated on waking up Jonghyun for a second, but decided against it as he seemd sleeping soundly.
As he entered the dining hall, Taemin was already leaving for his first schedule.
"Ah Taemin! You're already leaving?"
" Hyung! Good morning! You are late, yes." Onew walked up to him fixing Taemin's bangs,
"Take care, tae." Onew kissed his cheek as Taemin tried petting on Onew's bed hair.
"You too hyung, take care"
"Taeminnie! You forgot you're mobile again!" Key shrieked as he rushed towards the door crashing Onew on the way. Well, this was normal. Taemin left after that with sly smiles and bright eyes calling out 'I'm leaving Minho-hyung'.

Key turned to Onew with a serious expression after that
"Someone's got explanations to do." Key said eyeing Onew.
"Oh… yes" He waited for Onew to continue speaking, wanting for more than just that. When he saw Onew making no move to do so, he put out the things he was bottling inside him making Onew guiltier.
"Hyung, Jjong was terrible after you left, he wouldn't listen to any of us. Manager hyung was only a step behind in calling you but when he came to know about that, he screamt on manager-hyung to mind his own business. Manager hyung gave up after that."
Onew just listened to him, his eyes burning hole through Kibum's kitchen apron.
"He's…. he missed out all the schedules and his daily meals- I've told you that but he used to fall asleep here hyung, he used to pass out here crying at midnight hyung!" Key snapped, bursting out on a frustratingly silent Onew whose eyes snapped upon hearing that.
They stared some more until Key sighed, an exhausted and a relieved sigh.
He turned away from Onew- breaking the eye contact and making way for the kitchen before saying
"He's obsessed with you Jinki-hyung, do something."

Onew took slow, soundless steps towards Jonghyun's room and softly closed the door shut. His eyes falling on the still sleeping form, vision now getting blurred as his lower lip turned red from the bite he had to control his sob. He slid down the door, falling on his knees hands on his face to quiet down as much as possible.
But before he knew, a pair of hand was pulling him towards the body lifting him up to the bed and falling to the bed with him.
Jonghyun… his mind cried out, Jonghyun, I'm sorry! I'm sorry for everything! It cried miserably.
Please forgive me! It begged but all that Jonghyun could hear is broken sobs, harsh breathing and harsh gasps. So heartbreaking.

Onew hugged him back when he felt he could move and placed soft kisses on Jonghyun's lips. A silent way of thanking Jonghyun. And got up from the bed when he heard Key calling out them to 'get you're asses here you lazy bugs! It's time to leave' bringing smile and small giggles from their mouths. He felt better then, because 1- he cried, and crying brings relief. 2- Because he was not alone, Jonghyun was with him the whole time.

As he got out of the bed, he pulled Jonghyun along with him, both panicking around to get ready soon to leave for their schedules with Jonghyun leaving for the washroom and Onew running to the kitchen to pack their breakfast (to have it in the van).

And as they both rushed to the van with smiles on their faces, Kibum's loud complaints, Minho's snickering and Manager-hyung's voice on the background speaking in the phone, Jonghyun thought he feels better, much better because all he needs is next to him, whining about himself being the leader to Kibum, with their hands entwined.



But he had been wrong.



 A/N:
phew~ tired of typing and using my mind..
it's already 5th chap eh?
Do comment please, thank you!