01

fake care

And there he was, once again downing his 7th glass of alcohol or was it 10 already? He doesn’t know -doesn't want to know- because all he could think of is one sentence, repeating over and over again in his head
it's unfair ; it's unfair

And he downs more, till he forgets what is 'unfair' and he's feeling good, better even.

 There comes his manager (again), with a hoodie on hand, and a snarl on face, grabs his arm and rushes to the van, wordlessly. Jonghyun likes being dragged, imagines a certain him doing it instead and suddenly he feels unwell, a wave of emotions washing over him and he wants to puke and get the pain out of his system. But he's being pushed to the passenger seat of the car and he sighs instead and closes his eyes. Then the car is moving and a song plays on, and in his light-headedness, he sings along and jumps in the car forgetting the earlier pain and letting the alcohol destroy his usual cool... and he feels better again

But the real pain comes to him in the form of loud tears when he enters the dorm and sees him, and it comes back-

The words - that sentence…
it's unfair..
He falls asleep there, on the doorway curling around his own body with the words softly being murmured unconsciously only to wake up cold and he avoids looking up  at him while running to his room and slipping under his covers.
The only things he's thankful to God is for himself of not being noticed by Minho-his roommate, or Taemin- the late night kitchen visitor and most importantly- Kibum- the one who knows all.
This had been going on for a week until Kibum- of course Kibum- caught him who was about to leave for  his newly formed late night  schedule but he lets it slide with a friendly advice on how too much alcohol is bad for health. The second time he I caught though, Kibum raises a level by pointing out on how it effects SHINee and his image, which pissed him off a bit.  But the third time he is busted, Kibum confronts him so he doesn't hear the clicking sound of door or the soft footsteps following after it.
"Why don't you take leave, jjong? You might feel better"
"why? Do I look like a patient?" Jonghyun gives him a look.
"Then why don't you stop it? Either take a leave and recover or else stop getting drunk to the brim, please" Kibum asks him, politely
"I'm an adult damn it! and it's not like I drink during day time" He snaps at Kibum.
" I'm an adult too, jjong. That's because you will be sleep during the day." Kibum replies softly and Jonghyun knows Kibum won't let him off that easily.
"I don’t, ok? Now I'm not having a hangover." he's tired and doesn't intend on continuing anymore. But the tone Kibum uses on his next sentence brings him back to reality on who  he is dealing with.
"say me the real reason, jjong."
"I was…I…needed some time on my own, I'm sick of the same old faces!"he defends, a little scared on spilling out his secret.
"yeah, I know, but that's not the real reason, is it?" key tried softly, just to get Jonghyun open up for him.
Jonghyun sighs, an exasperated one. "you are being a bug who doesn’t understand the meaning of 'sick' isn't it?"
"come on jjong, tell the truth, there's no use in sidetracking the subject." Jonghyun raises an eyebrow for this, trying to cover how nervous he is.
"why do you want to know?"
"I care for you, jjong." And this sentence gained Kibum a gasp from the other, a rather loud one and then, a hard smack on the wall followed by glassy eyed Jonghyun.
"liar!"
Kibum was certain the scream had woken up Minho and Taemin and possibly Manager-hyung too as he shielded his ears with his hands.
And when he was about to open his mouth - to scold or console, he din't know- a hiss was heard from both their right, looking over, he saw whom he wanted to see the most right now and the one who Jonghyun didn't want to.
"sshh, jjong" Onew shushed Jonghyun with a finger on his lips and kibum stood there, looking at Jonhyun's obviously surprised enlarged eyes and gaping mouth with a single tear flowing from his left eye. 
Kibum decided in a minute. He went back to his room with a  quick"welcome home ,Onew-hyung, and good night both" muttering about lack of beauty sleep and shutting the door behind him after entering his room shared with Taemin.
when Onew looked back at Jonghyun-well he couldn't, but he did hear a clicking sound of the door to Minho's and Jonghyun's shared room. Thinking he would handle things the next morning, he made way to his room for a nap.