You Asked for It

윤싴 Baby Adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Plunking herself down into her favorite chair, Yoona tossed her bag aside and stretched her stiff muscles, yawning widely as she did. It had been a hell of a day and boy was she glad that the kids were already fast asleep. Since Jessica was not home yet, she decided to take a quick nap while waiting. It did not take long for her to drift off into a sweet slumber.

 

She had only dozed off for less than ten minutes when the doorbell rang. Expecting it to be her wife, she got up quickly and sped to the door.

 

Her eyes widened as soon as the door was thrown open, for there stood their neighbor… along with three children.

 

“M-Minyeon-ssi? Is something wrong?” Yoona asked as she examined the kids. Two boys and a girl. They all looked about Jinho’s age. She remembered seeing them occasionally running up and down the corridors before but they’ve never really interacted with one another.

 

“Ah, Yoona-ssi! Thank goodness you’re home. Look, I’m really sorry for dropping by so suddenly but something serious cropped up and I really need to be at the hospital to visit a friend of mine. Would it be okay if I left my kids here for the evening? I promise I’ll come get them as soon as I’m done.”

 

Was ‘no’ even an option?

 

“Uh, sure thing…” The woman fabricated a wide smile to hide her fatigue.

 

“Thank you so much, Yoona-ssi… you three had better behave yourselves…” Minyeon cautioned the kids before rushing off.

 

Once inside, the trio dashed into the playroom almost immediately, making a terrible racket as they started unpacking the boxes of toys. The noise woke Jinho, and much to Yoona’s surprise, he joined in the fun the moment he climbed out of bed.

 

Leaving them in the room, the woman made her way to the living room to make a call.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Darling… I, uh… I just got ambushed by our neighbor…” Yoona paced the floor, scratching the back of her neck anxiously.

 

“What?”

 

“Minyeon… she just dropped by with her three kids… says she needs to leave them here because something important came up.”

 

“Oh, no. Are you okay, baby?”

 

“Um… no. I’m freaking out because there are five little imps in the playroom making a ton of noise. Not Hyeyoung, though… she’s still asleep…”

 

“I don’t think I’ll be home anytime soon. Can you manage?”

 

Nodding to herself, Yoona replied, “I’ll do my best to survive. Please come to my rescue as soon as you can.”

 

“I will. Jagi hwaiting! I love you.”

 

“Love you, too.”

 

Thus began one of the most chaotic evenings ever.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter