A Prune for a Son

윤싴 Baby Adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HAI Y’ALL! Before I get started, let me just wish our baby deer a very happy birthday! I’ve also decided to start THIS. That’ll be all~ Enjoy this chapter~ ^^

 

“I boop your nose. Boop!” A finger lightly taps Hyeyoung’s nose, and the toddler blinks twice.

 

“I double boop your nose. Boop, boop!” This time, the child sniffs a little and yawns seconds later.

 

“I triple boop your nose. Boop, boop, boop!”

 

Hyeyoung watches her mother, her innocent gaze conveying boredom and disinterest. Then her head drops all of a sudden and she falls right asleep in her walking chair.

 

“Omo! How could you doze off on me, Hyeyoungie?” Jessica rocked the chair back and forth gently but it was no use. Pouting, she lifted her fragile daughter into her arms and cuddled her close.

 

“Hyeyoung-ah… Yoong umma doesn’t care about me anymore…” The woman started even though she knew the kid was probably already in dreamland, “It’s Saturday and she’s out with her friends instead of spending time with me. She’s so mean, isn’t she? It’s almost dinnertime and she hasn’t even called once.”

 

As if on cue, the phone rang.

 

After setting the toddler down onto the couch slowly, Jessica grabbed her cell, a merry smile spreading across her lips when she saw who it was.

 

“Yeobo!”

 

Talk about telepathy.

 

“Good evening, Mrs. Im. Is everything alright at home? Did you manage to not set our kitchen on fire?”

 

Offended, Jessica scoffed, “Mrs. Jung, your wife isn’t an idiot. She’s perfectly capable of taking care of the place.” She heard Yoona laughing on the other end of the line. “Yah, I mean it. Learn to have some faith in me.”

 

“Fine, fine…”

 

“You finally decided to call, huh? Is the guilt of abandoning me for your friends getting to you now?”

 

A chuckle before she heard Yoona’s voice again, “Baby, come on. You’re not being jealous now, are you? You know I’m out with my girls every alternate Saturday. We’ve talked about this before, remember?”

 

“I know… I just miss you, that’s all,” Jessica pouted although her wife couldn’t see.

 

“I miss you too, babe. That’s why I called. Hold on… yes Jihyun, I’m on the phone with the most important woman in my life. Just get me orange juice, thanks.”

 

“Perhaps you should go. It’s not nice to keep them waiting.”

 

“I could spare five minutes. Don’t worry. Anyway, I got you this lavender scented bath scrub. There wasn’t rose like you wanted so…”

 

“Lavender’s fine. Thank you, yeobo. Will you be coming home after dinner? I could use some help with the scrubbing… there are some areas I can’t really reach…” Je

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter