Chapter 4

The Mysterious Book
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun signaled the boys to be quiet.

“ Hello?”

“ Jieun! Why aren’t you here yet? Today we have to tour 8 high school students!”

“ Since when did we start touring people?”

“ Apparently one of the student’s dad is Mr. Bae’s best friend. So, the student personally requested for a tour in Zootopia. But that’s not the point! Why aren’t you here yet?!”

“ Oh….. I’m…… sick! Yeah I’m sick *coughs*. I suddenly had a really high fever last night.”

“ Okay then. How long will you not be able to come to work?”

*Dang it! I have to ask Suho!*

“ Oooohhh…….. I suddenly……. feel like……. throwing….up …….. don’t go anywhere. I’ll be…..right back…….” Jieun made a sound as if she was really vomiting.

Then Jieun ran to her room and put her phone under the pillow. She ran back to the living room and asked Suho how long will he and the others will be there.

“ I’m not so sure. It depends on the prophecy whether or not we can go back. And we also have to be prepared to fight the conquerors. That includes trying to unlock your powers.”

*Aish. Damn that prophecy for not giving a specific time.*

Jieun ran back to her room and took her phone.

“ Jieun! Is everything alright? Are YOU alright?” Won Geun said, panicked.

“ I’m fine……oppa…….. at this rate, I might not be able to go to work for the rest of the week….” Jieun said in a weak voice.

“ Does Joo Won know about this?”

“ No. I didn’t tell him yet.”

“ Okay. Make sure you get enough rest and take your medicine. Take care yourself. Bye.”

“ Bye Won Geun oppa.”

“ Phew! Glad that was over.” Jieun said as she wiped imaginary sweat of her forehead.

* But Won Geun oppa sounded like he was really panicking. If he knew that I was lying……….. I would be so dead.*

“ Who’s Won Geun?” Xiumin asked.

“ Oh yeah! I didn’t tell you guys yet! I work in an amusement park ‘ Everland’ as a zookeeper.”

“ From what I heard, a zookeeper is a person who manages zoo animals right?” Chen said.

“ Yup! No wonder I summoned animals ._. “

“ And who’s Joo Won?”

“ He’s my brother.”

“ You mean your step brother?” Chanyeol said but then realized what he said and quickly covered his mouth.

The others shot him looks.

“ Oh…….yeah. For a moment there I completely forgot I was adopted……”

“ I’m sorry.” Chanyeol said as he kept his head low.

“ I-it’s okay.”

Noticing the tense atmosph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter