Chapter 22

The Mysterious Book
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the help of Baekhyun, they were able to navigate through the cave safely. Seeing that there was finally light right in front of them, Jieun walked faster. The closer she walked to the exit, the brighter it got. She closed her eyes and adjusted them to the sudden brightness. She opened her eyes and was amazed!

“ Woah….it’s beautiful.” Jieun was speechless. The view that she was seeing was absolutely astonishing! Pools of blue, clear water was shimmering under the sun’s influence. The ground was covered with grass and there were beautiful flowers everywhere. There all sorts of animals too! Lions, pandas, dogs, bears, you name it! Nature was all around them! But the most beautiful things in Jieun’s eyes were the mermaids and mermen! They were everywhere! They were in the pools swimming, sitting on large rocks either talking to one another or combing each other’s hair. Not to mention they were on land too! With legs! Some of them were tending to the flowers while the others were with the animals.

“ Not complaining now, are you?” Chen smirked.

A mermaid spotted Exo and gasped. “ Everyone, they’re back!” The mermaid called out. All the mermaids turned their heads to Jieun and Exo’s direction and squealed. The mermen just looked over to them and smiled. With a blink of an eye, the mermaids jumped out from the pools and transformed their tails to legs.

The mermaids shouted their names one by one in excitement. They finally got to see their precious boys after so long.

“ You’re in the way!” A mermaid pushed Jieun away, making her stumble and fall. Exo didn’t see it as they were surrounded by over forty mermaids.

“ Are you alright?” A hand shot out in front of Jieun. Jieun looked up to see who it was and it was none other than a beautiful mermaid.

Jieun smiled and took the mermaid’s hand. She pushed herself up and thanked the kind and pretty mermaid.

“ I’m sorry on their behalf. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen them and we don’t meet a lot of guys. My name’s Taeyeon. Welcome to Merden!”

“ Thank you. My name is Jieun. It’s a real pleasure to meet you. I’ve never met a mermaid before.” Jieun stared at Taeyeon, who has blonde hair, a blue top and blue shorts to match with it.

“ Oh, plenty of people have never met mermaids before. We’re kind of endangered since there are less mermen than mermaids as you can see. ” Jieun looked around and there were noticeably more mermaids than mermen. 

“ Oh I see that you’ve met Taeyeon.” Chen said as he walked over to Jieun and Taeyeon after brushing away all those mermaids.

“ Chen, how do you know Taeyeon and the other mermaids?” Jieun asked Chen. She was curious to know how Exo knew the mermaids but more specifically, how Sehun knew them. Don’t think Jieun hasn’t seen how close some of the mermaids were to Sehun, especially the one that pushed her.

“ Eight of them are actually my cousins, Taeyeon included. ” Chen said and called his cousins over. The eight of them casually walked over to Jieun, Taeyeon and Chen.

“ Jieun, this is Seohyun, Sooyoung, Yoona, Tiffany, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Yuri, also known as SNSD. Girls, this is Jieun, our mistress.”

The girls, including Taeyeon, gasped and looked at Jieun.

“ You’re the famous mistress everyone has been talking about?!” Tiffany asked, wide eyed.

“ Yeah, that’s me. But why does everyone know….?” Jieun tilted her head.

“ Jieun, Chen, you have to look at this!” Jieun, Chen and his cousins automatically turned their heads towards Sehun. They walked over to where Sehun and the rest of Exo were.

“ Bloody hell.”  Jieun muttered under her breath. What she was looking at were wanted posters….with her picture on it.

“ Lee Jieun, wanted alive.” Jieun said out loud.

“ How did they get this picture?!” Sehun said. Jieun was thinking of the same exact thing. How DID the conquerors get her picture?

And that’s when she realized that the picture of her was edited out, as in someone was in the photo posing with her.

“ That .” Luhan said. He had just read Jieun’s mind.

“ What?” The others asked.

“ It was Won Geun. He sent this picture to them.” Luhan explained.

“ Jieun?” Chanyeol called. Jieun was staring blanky at the picture. Jieun remembered that picture. It was just two months before Jieun had met Exo. That day was the day that she decided to work full-time as a zookeeper in Everland and her friends wanted to celebrate. So that picture was taken with Won Geun, still in their uniforms, at a restaurant. She remembered Won Geun saying that he wanted to capture that event for his best friend’s younger sister decided to join the zootopia family.

Chanyeol called her again and Jieun snapped back into reality.

“ Are you okay?” Sunny asked Jieun.

Jieun cleared and said “ Yeah, I’m fine. By the way, is there any place where I can rest? I’m feeling a bit tired.”

The eight mermaids showed Exo and Jieun to their temporary home. Jieun had a room all to herself and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter