Her Birthday

Are You Still Here?

The rain had stopped just a few minutes ago, just to have another light shower. Jongdae stared to the window as the water pouring harder. A lightning a flash in the sky, made the room brighter for a few second. Myung Woo University Hospital, 7th floor, room number 23. Jongdae didn’t bother to turn on the light, he didn’t even realize that it was dark at all.

Beep, beep, beep.

That was the only sound that came from that room, from the electrocardiograph beside the bed that connected to the girl lying down unconsiously.

Jongdae just sat there, now looking at that girl, “Today, you are very beautiful. Did you put the make up on?” said Jongday while rub the girl’s hair. His eyes started to be wet but he tried to lifted up his lips though he knew it couldn’t stop the tears from flowing down.

Jongdae held her left hand and make it closer to his lips, and he kissed it, “Saengil chukkae, So Hyun ah.”

“So Hyun ah, Oppa-ga made a cake especially for you. Recover quickly, then lets eat this together uh?”

***

 

Jongdae opened the silver door into the music studio and closed it after he went in.

Kyungmi that really bored became really excited, “Oppa! You came!” she stood from her seat before almost running toward Jongdae. “ What is that?” Kyungmi pointed a paperbag Jongdae held with his right hand.

“Cake, do you want some?” Jongdae put the cake on the table .

“Cake? Woah, thank you Oppa!”

“Cake? What cake?” asked Chanyeol as he stopped playing his guitar. He turned his head toward the calendar across the room, May 20th, and fell silent.

“But Jongdae oppa, can I really eat this? This cake is so pretty, it’s so pretty that eating it might feel like a waste. But it looks delicious. Did you make it yourself, Oppa?” said Kyungmi while cutting the cake.

“Did you go to the hospital?” asked Kyungsoo.

“Hospital? Is someone sick?” asked Kyungmi. “Woah, this cake is really really delicious. Oppa-deul, don’t you want some?”

“I will go out for a while,” said Jongdae before he left the room, and Baekhyun followed him.

 

Jongdae sat on the bench at a park across the music studio. “Are you okay?” said someone that sat beside Jongdae.

 Jongdae turned his head to see who it was, “Why are you here, Baekhyun ah?”

“Are you okay?” Baekhyun asked him again.

Jongdae looked up and said, “Will she ever wake up again?” He closed his eyes trying to surpress the tears, “What if she doesn’t ever open her eyes again, Baekhyun ah? What should I do.”

 



[A/N] I think I'm not really good at writing multiple chapter story, to be honest, lol.
Still, thank you for reading this.
Leave comment please, dear.

Cheers!