New Home

Hauntings

Heechul unwrapped another glass and placed it in the cabinet. He moved to his new apartment last weekend, but had been too exhausted from the actual moving to do anything else.

 

 

He was sad to leave the old place but he didn't have a choice. The rent had gone up and he just couldn't afford it anymore. He'd been there for a few years and it held so many memories. His first broken heart; Donghae and Eunhyuk announcing they were finally together; Seunghyun. Heechul sighed and leaned against the counter. He missed Seunghyun- a lot. He'd received a flurry of texts from Seunghyun after leaving the party: Hyuna was his ex and had wanted to talk and she pulled him into a kiss and he didn't want to and would Heechul please just meet him somewhere so they could talk?

 

 

When Heechul replied that Seunghyun hadn't exactly extricated himself from the kiss, Seughyun hadn't responded.

 

 

Heechul wiped away a stray tear. That had hurt the worst- that Seunghyun couldn't pretend he hadn't liked the kiss. Then came the lease renewal and finding a new home took priority over Heechul's broken heart. Donghae said Seunghyun would help Heechul find a new place or stay where he was, but Heechul would hear none of it and forbade his friend from telling Seunghyun anything. While Eunhyuk listened because he was still furious at Seunghyun, Heechul suspected Donghae didn't. Well, he didn't talk to Seunghyun directly, but Heechul knew Donghae had Daesung's phone number and that they still texted frequently.

 

 

Heechul was pulled from his reverie by his kitchen faucet turning itself on. Heechul frowned and shut the water off. He was going to have to get one of the maintenance guys in here. He sighed and looked around. His new apartment wasn't a dump, but it certainly wasn't the old place. And his neighborhood was a bit dodgy. Heechul wondered what it would be like living with Seunghyun. It would be in his large, secure villa. They'd sleep on soft sheets, eat breakfast in bed after waking up late, and watch movies all day in Seunghyun's theater room. Heechul blushed when he thought about the last time he and Seunghyun watched movies together.

 

 

His vibrating cell phone pulled him from his thoughts.

Have some new recipes for you to try. I'll be by soon. :) -J

Heechul smiled. He swore Jaewook was psychic. Whenever Heechul began to brood about Seunghyun, Jaewook would call or text and Seunghyun would be forgotten. The morning after the masquerade ball, Heechul went to Antique Bakery. He didn't see Jaewook and didn't ask for him. He ordered his food and stuffed himself into a back booth. Jaewook found him, as if he already knew Heechul was there. He sat down and flirted and charmed and Heechul couldn't help brightening up. It probably also had to do with all the sweets and tea Jaewook fed him. They'd been texting and talking ever since.

 

 

Heechul was starting to really like Jaewook. And he was pretty sure Jaewook liked him back. Everything seemed so intimate between them, probably because their interactions weren't being watched by six other people. But Jaewook hadn't even kissed him yet. Well, not a real kiss. Not one Heechul wanted, anyway. There were kisses to the forehead, and chaste pecks on the lips. But he would give Heechul a soft look, and caress his cheek, and Heechul would feel butterflies in his stomach and he felt like he was falling.

 

 

Jaewook didn't rush anything. He seemed perfectly content to take his time. It was if he knew Heechul and Seunghyun had left things unfinished and that Heechul was confused.

 

 

Heechul swore Jaewook was psychic.

 

 

A knock at the door made Heechul jump. He was too lost in his thoughts and scolded himself. He was startled to find Seunghyun on his step, holding a vase of sunflowers.

 

“Hi,” Seunghyun smiled.

 

He looked gorgeous and Heechul was speechless as he accepted the flowers.

 

“You look good,” Seunghyun said softly, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

 

“Thanks,” Heechul smiled, causing Seunghyun to smile wider. “Would you like to come in?”

 

“I'd love to,” Seunghyun stepped inside, moving close to Heechul. He swallowed and looked at Heechul, placing a hand tentatively on his hip. “I missed you.”

 

Heechul closed his eyes and took a steadying breath. Seunghyun smelled so good and Heechul was so desperate to drag him into the bedroom and forget everything. However, reluctantly. Heechul moved away from Seunghyun and placed the vase on his office table. “How did you find me?”

 

Seunghyun rubbed the back of his neck and looked embarrassed. “I, uh, I snooped through Daesung's phone.”

 

Heechul gave Seunghyun a look. “That's not nice.”

 

“No one would tell me anything about you!” Seunghyun protested.

 

“There's a reason for that Seunghyun.”

 

“But how am I supposed to fix everything if you won't give me a chance?” Seunghyun pleaded.

 

Heechul bit his lip.

 

 

They were interrupted by a knock at the door. Thinking it was one of the guys, Heechul rolled his eyes and opened the door with a huff. However, he brightened when he instead saw Jaewook holding a white box. “Hi!”

 

Seunghyun tensed at Heechul's changed demeanor.

 

“I brought treats!” Jaewook smiled. He didn't falter upon seeing Seunghyun (although Seunghyun did), he just held out his hand. “Kim Jaewook, I own Antique Bakery.”

 

Seunghyun smiled in spite of himself as he shook Jaewook's hand. “Choi Seunghyun. Your chocolate eclairs are dangerous.”

 

Jaewook held up his box. “Heechul has agreed to be my guinea pig.”

 

“Please don't call me a pig,” Heechul grumbled as they headed into the kitchen.

 

 

The water from the faucet was running again. Heechul sighed and turned it off again.

 

“Again?” Jaewook asked, opening the box.

 

Heechul shrugged, pulling out plates and forks.

 

“Heechul, you can't live like this,” Seunghyun said.

 

Heechul gave Seunghyun a look. “You have no say in the matter.”

 

“Alright guys,” Jaewook calmed. “Let's focus on the food. I only brought enough for Heechul, but I can split everything between you guys. The more opinions, the better.”

 

“What do you have there?” Seunghyun asked, peeking into the box.

 

“One lavendar honey eclair,” which Jaewook lifted out of the box, sliced in half, and placed on each plate.

 

Heechul reached out, but Jaewook softly slapped his hand away, making Heechul pout.

 

“One slice of tarte au chocolat,” Jaewook sliced it down the middle, making two razor thin slices.

 

“And a couple of brown sugar toffee cookies,” Jaewook had a few cookies that he split between the two plates.

 

 

Heechul looked at the full plate in front of him. “It's probably a good thing Seunghyun is here to help me eat all this.”

 

Seunghyun had already dug into the chocolate tart and his eyes rolled back. “My trainer is going to kill me.”

 

Heechul smirked. “You don't have to tell him.”

 

Seunghyun took a bite out of the eclair and moaned. “This is definitely the best thing I've ever eaten.” He looked at Jaewook. “You are a genius, sir.”

 

Jaewook bowed.

 

Seunghyun looked down at his empty plate. “This will be our dirty little secret.”

 

Heechul smiled- the first smile Seunghyun had seen from him since the night they danced together.

 

Suddenly the calm was shattered by the sound of glass breaking in the living room.

 

Seunghyun looked at Hechul. “Stay here,” he commanded, moving into the living room. The vase he had bought was broken into tiny pieces, water dripping on the floor. He sighed. What rotten luck.

 

“Seunghyun?”

 

Seunghyun sighed. “It's okay. The vase must have been poorly made. It broke.”

 

Heechul moved into the room. “Oh Seunghyun, I'm sorry. The flowers were lovely.”

 

Seunghyun's jaw clenched, and he looked down. Heechul bit his lip and his heart sped up. Seunghyun appeared truly upset that his flowers were ruined.

 

Jaewook came in with a trash can. “Let's clean this up.”

 

 

They worked carefully, quietly. Heechul refused to throw out the flowers. “I'll get a new vase,” he shrugged.

 

Seunghyun looked down shyly and bit his lip.

 

There was yet another knock at the door, and Heechul rolled his eyes. “Now what?”

 

On the other side of the door was the usual gang- Donghae, Eunhyuk, Jiyong, Seungri, Daesung, and Youngbae.

 

“Hyung, what are you doing here?” Jiyong asked Seunghyun.

 

“Begging for forgiveness.”

 

Youngbae smirked. “How's that working out for you?”

 

“I'm failing miserably.”

 

Heechul cleared his throat. “What are you guys doing here?”

 

“Cemetary,” Seungri replied.

 

Heechul raised an eyebrow. “I'm going to need a little more information than that, Ri.”

 

“What do we always do together? Explore local haunted areas and scare each other. This time we found a cemetary.”

 

 

Jaewook raised his eyebrows and Heechul blushed.

 

“It's how we all met,” he explained. “I won the Big Bang haunted prison tour. We've been hanging out ever since.”

 

Jaewook just nodded, looking amused.

 

“Do you want to come with us?” Heechul asked.

 

“No, that's okay.”

 

“Come on, it'll be fun,” Eunhyuk jumped in. “We always have a good time, especially when Heechul gets scared-”

 

“Yah!”

 

“-and the more the merrier.”

 

Jaewook looked shyly at Heechul, who smiled brightly. He couldn't help but smiled back. “Yeah, okay.”

 


Lavendar honey eclair:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

 

Tarte au chocolat:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

 

Brown sugar toffee cookies:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic