Prison

Hauntings

Heechul couldn't believe it. He'd won a contest to explore a haunted prison with Big Bang. And he got to bring his two best friends. Donghae and Eunhyuk were thrilled when they heard the news.

"I'm surprised you entered this contest, Chulie, considering what a chicken you are," Donghae teased.

"Yah! Is that any way to talk to me after I bring you along?"

"I think he just wants a certain top rapper to keep him him safe," Eunhyuk explained, throwing an arm around Heechul's shoulders.

"Oh, as if you won't be throwing yourself at G-Dragon," Heechul laughed, pushing Eunhyuk away playfully.

"I just want to ask about his tattoos," Eunhyuk replied.

"Sure," Heechul and Donghae said together.


They were still giggling when a black van pulled up.

"Holy !" Donghae squealed softly.

"Okay, guys. Cool, calm," Heechul commanded as Big Bang began piling out. They were all smiles and waves, save for one rapper. Seunghyun barely glanced at them, focusing instead on his phone and coffee.

"I guess you're the big winners," Jiyong walked over, smiling.

"He is," Donghae indicated Heechul. "Which is funny, because he's such a scaredy cat."

"Hey!" Heechul pouted. He bowed to boy group. "Kim Heechul, looking for new best friends. Any takers?"

The group laughed.

"These are my best friends, Donghae and Eunhyuk."

Everyone bowed.

"You guys ready for some ghosts? Except Heechul, I mean," Youngbae teased.

"Hey!"

"Oh, he'll be fine," Eunyuk answered. "He just needs someone big and strong to protect him," He waggled his eyebrows at Seunghyun, who was texting furiously. Heechul deflated, and Seungri kicked Seunghyun.

"Not now, maknae, Jesus."

Seungri sighed and smiled at Heechul, who faked a smile back. Donghae bumped his shoulder with Heechul, who flashed a genuine- but small- smile back.

"You're here!" called a voice from behind. They turned to see an older man dressed in what looked to be a prison guard uniform. "I hope you're ready to be scared." They turned to follow the guide. Heechul looked back at Seunghyun, who just looked at his phone. Heechul sighed, and turned back around.



"This prison was built in 1908 to house the worst of the worst- gang members, murders. We'll start in the warden's office, which is said to be haunted by Yang Hyun Suk, the first and most brutal of the wardens."

The office was rather dull, as most offices are. The group dutifully looked at the photos on the walls; admired the view of the prison yard from the windows; and filed out to explore the rest of the prison. The infirmary- haunted by prisoners who had died, some of them victims of secret and weird experiments. The cell blocks- haunted by guards and prisoners alike.  They moved to the basement.

"Isolation," the guide smiled. "The ultimate punishment. No sunlight, two meals consisting only of bread and water, and you were only allowed out for one single hour a day. Many prisoners went mad down here.

They all peeked into the cells and took turns scaring each other. Heechul laughed at everyone, loving how down to earth Big Bang were. He just wished Seunghyun would join in. It learning his ultimate bias wasn't exactly fan friendly.



He'd just finished tying his shoe when he heard someone call out to him.

"Hey kid."
It sounded right next to his ear, but when Heechul turned, there was no one there. Standing up, he found himself facing a hallway branching off the main one. He heard laughter to his right, and could see Eunhyuk doubled over in laughter. He was about to join them, when he heard the voice again.

"Hey kid. I need some help."

"Who's there?" Heechul called. He began to walk down the new hallway.

"I need some help."

Heechul could just make out a face in front of him- but the face was grey and the dark eyes were large. Too large.

"Youngbae, is that you?"

Silence.

"Youngbae, you ," Heechul muttered. He turned to head back, when he was knocked down and something grabbed his leg.



Seunghyun was way behind the others. He'd just received a nasty text from Hyuna when he heard the bloodcurdling scream that made him drop his coffee. He shoved his phone in his pocket and took off in the direction of the screams. He turned a corner and saw that kid- Heechul? Heenim? - on the ground screaming. It was freezing.

"Seunghyun, help me!" he screamed. "It's got me!"

Seunghyun bent down to help Heechul up. He met with some resistance, and when he looked down, he saw Heechul's leg being pulled in the opposite direction. Thinking Heechul was trying to pull a fast one, Seunghyun pulled even harder. He was met with an equally hard tug from that other direction. Heechul's pants began to shred, and Heechul screamed.

"God damn it!" Seunghyun shouted. "ing let go!"

And it did. Heechul's leg dropped and the temperature began to rise. Heechul's screams were replaced by sobs and Seunghyun pulled him into his lap. His eyes widened when blood began to see through Heechul's jeans.

"What happened?"

Seunghyun turned to see the rest of the group staring at them. "We're leaving," he commanded, gently picking Heechul up. "We're leaving now." He turned to the guide. " He needs first aid."

"Of course. Quickly, everyone. Stay together."



In the Visitors' Center, Heechul's sobs had tapered off to whimpers. When the guide had cleaned off the blood, they noticed what looked to be claw marks down Heechul's calf. Heechul was lying on his stomach on the couch. Donghae held his hand and Eunhyuk his hair.

"Can we take you guys out to dinner?" Jiyong asked.

"They can go. I just want to go back to the motel," Heechul answered.

"I'll stay with you," Seunghyun offered.

"No, it's okay. You go on ahead."



Heechul was alone in the motel room. He tried to watch television, but nothing was on, so he just stretched out and relaxed. When the door opened,  he almost fell out of bed seeing Seunghyun.

"Umm..." he sat up straighter.

"Donghae and Eunhyuk are with the rest of the guys in Jiyong's room." Seunghyun sat on the bed across from Heechul. "I just wanted to see how you were doing."

"I'm alright."

"I'm sorry."

Heechul looked up, surprised. "What the hell for?"

"For being so involved in my phone and my drama that I wasn't paying attention to you. Donghae said I'm your ultimate bias."

Heechul rolled his eyes." I'll kill him."

Seunghyun chuckled. "Well, I'm sorry for being a bad idol."

"It's no big deal."

Seunghyun raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Well, you did save me."

Seunghyun smiled, then sighed. "Maybe if I'd been paying more attention, you wouldn't have gotten hurt."

"There's no way you can know that. And if it wasn't me, it could have been one any of the others."

"Eunhyuk says you're an expert on ghosts."

"If you call watching YouTube videos 'expert'."

Seunghyun smiled. "What do you think attacked you?"


Heechul leaned back and closed his eyes. "What did you see, Seunghyun?"

"Nothing. That's the point. I saw your leg being pulled, your pants being shredded, and you bleeding."

"Were you scared?"

"Not at first. Not until your pants tore."

They sat quietly. Finally, Seunghyun stood. "Well, whatever it was, it's gone now. You're safe."

"Unless it followed me."

Seunghyun started. "That can happen?"

Heechul shrugged. "You hear stories."

"You need to ignore the stories."

"Never."

Seunghyun chuckled. "I'm glad you're okay. And I'm sorry about my behavior."

"We're talking now. That's what matters."

Seunghyun smiled. With a ruffle of Heechul's hair, he was out the door.