Camping (pt 2)

Hauntings

"What did this?" Seungri asked.

"A Yeti," Heechul replied.

"Serious?"

"They're intelligent enough. And they have opposable thumbs." The others stared and Heechul laughed. "It also could have been other campers, or a ranger. Or any of you."

"So... how do you explain the footprints?" Daesung asked.

Heechul's face fell. "I don't. I sit down to breakfast."

"He's got a point," Eunhyuk said. "Every time we talk Supernatural, Chulie gets hurt. So we'll blame it on campers." He plopped into the seat next to Heechul.

"Who's cooking?"



The rest of the day was incredibly lazy. They played games and ate food and avoided the woods and all supernatural talk. After lunch, they decided to explore the campgrounds. They stuck to the main path, waving to other campers they came across. Heechul and Donghae linked their arms and kept their heads together, whispering and giggling. Seunghyun smiled at them, ignoring the leers Youngbae and Jiyong sent his way.



They stumbled upon the lodge and raided the general store. Heechul grabbed some old paperbacks while Seungri stocked up on food and alcohol.

"Do you think we're going to run out?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Have you seen the way he eats?" Youngbae asked. "I bet he's put on five pounds since yesterday."

"Yah!"

Heechul whirled around when his books were pulled out of his hands.

"Allow me," Seunghyun smiled.

"That's not necessary."

"I know."


The old man behind to counter smiled at them. "You boys get any visitors last night?"

"As a matter of fact-" Seungri began, but Youngbae kicked him.

"You sneaking up on people, ahjussi?" Youngbae asked. "Or are you sending some youngsters out to do it for you?"

The man was unfazed. "Not I. That old girl is an ancient creature, far older than I."

They took turns checking out.

"How were your fire logs this morning? Nice and neat?"

They exchanged glances, but no one spoke.

"Neat logs means she likes you."

"That's reassuring," Youngbae snickered.


"Have you heard anything strange?"

"Define strange," Heechul replied.

"Screams. Or wails of agony."

Heechul raised an eyebrow.

The old man leaned closer. "Nothing good can come from those sounds. If you hear them, run."

Heechul looked up at Seunghyun.

"Okay, that's enough of that," Seunghyun interrupted, breaking the tension. "These boys already have overactive imaginations. Any stories may send them into overdrive."

"But it's all true!" the old man protested.

"Of course," Seunghyun reassured.

"I just don't want to see anyone hurt," the clerk mumbled.

Heechul stilled, and Seunghyun placed a comforting hand on his back.

"Well that's very kind," Youngbae sounded angry. "Maybe keep your pals away from our lot so that we can get some sleep."

"Come on, let's get out of here," Seunghyun said. He and Youngbae herded everyone out of the store.



The walk back to camp was a quiet one. Seunghyun tried to carry Heechul's books, but Heechul just shook his head and hugged them to his chest.

"This place is kind of off the beaten path," Heechul said when they arrived.

"Well, we are famous," Jiyong replied. "We don't need people peeking in at us."

"Don't worry, Chulie!" Eunhyuk yelled. "I'll keep you safe!"

"Great. We're all doomed."



A thunderstorm that evening drove them all inside the camper. More games, reading, and drinking. A lot of drinking. Seungri passed out first.

"No way am I hefting his into the loft. He can sleep down here," Jiyong declared.

"Heechul, you can take Seungri's spot in the loft," Seunghyun offered.

"Thanks," Heechul smiled.

"Someone has to take care of him, though," Daesung pointed out.

They all looked at Jiyong.

"Stupid maknae," Jiyong muttered.

Seunghyun smiled at Heechul, who blushed.


Heechul was laying on his stomach, head on his hands. He felt fingers through his hair, and turned to see Seunghyun looking at him.

"What are you thinking about?" Seunghyun whispered.

"Nothing," Heechul rolled over to face Seunghyun. "What are you thinking about?"

"You."

Heechul rolled his eyes  and was about to retort when Seunghyun kissed him.  Sweet and deep, like the previous night's kiss.


Seunghyun gently rolled over onto Heechul. One hand gently his forehead while the other caressed his side. Heechul grabbed the hem of Seunghyun's shirt and tugged. Seunghyun placed his leg between Heechul's and Heechul rocked against him. Heechul thought he'd die from lack of oxygen, but he just didn't care.


Seunghyun had just moved to feast on Heechul's throat when a bloodcurdling scream froze them in their tracks.

"Seunghyun," Heechul whispered fearfully.

Seunghyun cupped Heechul's cheek and was about to speak when there was another scream. Daesung stumbled out of the bedroom, followed by Youngbae.

Donghae and Eunhyuk stirred.

"What is that?" Daesung hissed.

Seunghyun and Heechul scrambled down from the loft.


"Didn't that old man say something bad would happen if we heard screams?" Daesung asked softly.

"That !" Youngbae growled before stomping out into the storm.

"!" Seunghyun followed after him.

"I can't believe the others are still asleep," Heechul whispered.


Youngbae and Seunghyun slammed back in.

"There's nothing out there," Seunghyun said.

There was a thump on the roof. Eunhyuk sat up and looked at them.

" this, we're leaving," Youngbae snarled.

"We can't leave. We have to check out and the lodge is closed," Heechul exclaimed.

"I don't give a ," Youngbae spat.

Another scream send Donghae and Eunhyuk  down to join the others.

"We don't need to be driving in the rain and darkness and getting lost," Seunghyun pointed out.

"Fine," Youngbae huffed. "But we're leaving at the first crack of dawn." He pulled Daesung back into the bedroom.


Before the others could speak, there was a knock at the camper door. Jiyong stirred, but rolled back over. Seunghyun peeked out the window.

"It's the old man," he whispered.

"Don't answer it," Eunhyuk whispered back.

The knocking got louder. "Stay inside! Don't come out!"

There was a loud screech and the knocking stopped.

"A bird," Heechul whispered. "A bird of prey."

"How do you know?" Seunghyun asked.

"Songbirds have a higher pitch."

"Hell of a bird."


When nothing else happened, Seunghyun said, "Let's go to bed. We're leaving early."

Slowly, quietly, they returned to their beds. Seunghyun pulled Heechul to his chest and held him tightly.



Youngbae was up at dawn. He looked around the lot, but did not see anything out of the ordinary. Seunghyun was making coffee when he geared up the camper.

The others slept until they reached the outskirts of town.



"I need a break from you guys," Heechul grumbled as they unloaded his stuff outside his apartment.

Seunghyun looked up, and swallowed.

"Don't worry. You'll see us again," Jiyong responded cheerfully, winking at Seunghyun.


A/N: Sorry for the lame chapter, guys. I kind of ran out of steam, here. I'm open to ideas, although I make no promises.