Runaway | Kris

How They Met, and Other Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~

 

She was finally his.
 

He can finally say that she is officially his.

And his only

 

After all the drama they had been through

Everything was falling into place. Finally everything seems so right.

 

Nothing could go wrong. This blissful feeling will reside with them till eternity as he hopes.

 

Hoodwinking from reality, escaping the life they lived and eloping was what they had done for too many people hinders their relationship and it was getting tiresome to let everyone accept the love they have for each other since every one of us has our limits.

 

They got married at the small church in the outskirts of Seoul before coming to a province where he supposedly told her that he already build a house which he used as his proposal for her hand in marriage

 

He can still remember when he was asked by his best friend how he will execute his proposal.

 

Simple he would build a house he said.

 

And the simple house he did.

 

Though the process and financial matters of the prospect of building the house was not fairly simple yet he felt contented with the outcome

 

A fairly large white house accentuated with light colored wood, glass as a whole wall, spacious and allows light to enter to make the room look more homey. It was placated at the end of the beach. It also features a room with a veranda which was specially designed to have a coffee shop like look and interior as he knew her addiction and adoration for coffee shops, though his taste preference always inclines to green tea but with her strong persuasion, it ended with drinking the caffeine drink as a past time for both of them as they let the intoxicating aroma hypnotize them and just bask in the serenity and peacefulness that enters their system as they let the time pass by in the tranquil, soul soothing environment. Funny just how she has made a mental list of coffee shops she’s been and had a taste of the best sellers in search of tasting the best coffee and the nicest environment it feast, how she wanted to find the best little haven for her, he knew this little habit of hers and he wanted her to stop with the search.

 

 The perfect place to escape from the hustle and bustle of the polluted city that brings nothing but stress and negative energy.

 

How he could imagine his family living at the kind of environment that he wished when he was a kid.

 

Coincidentally the place where they first met, she was volunteering here while he was escaping for a while from the leash of his parents that kept on suffocating him

To runaway into the place where everything started, to be reminded of every little thing that caused their strong unconditional love for each other

 A dream come true

 

 

 

 

“Kris! Come on!” Sungjee smiled like a little kid while skipping towards the beach as she was gathering the silhouette of her white dress and letting out a breathy laugh as she enjoys the breeze of the soft wind and the safe and comfortable feeling the afternoon was offering. It was a warm yet not blazing warm weather and the winds were in symphony with the waves creating a relaxing aura.

 

The breeze blowing her hair out of place yet she ignored how she looked and spread her arms wide as she enjoyed the view and let the wind blow away all the stress and worries that wraps on her form

 

He came next to her

 

Staying silent yet a contented smile grazing his face.

 

His always stoic painted face now showing a more lax and calm expression.

 

A perfect day is everyday I'm spending my life with you

 

He could imagine everyday being liked this. Waking up on the morning looking down to see her, encasing her on his arms, laughing with her, sharing everything with her, to live for her it was simply the wonders of  being with her that if it was plausible he would will himself to live an eternity.

 

I can't explain how I fall in love with everything that you do

 

He smiled and went towards her enveloping her in his arms. Wanting to feel her warmth and in exchange radiate his love by emitting the feeling of being secure and being loved back.

 

God sure must like me more than I ever knew

 

He was not a perfect being, he was a sinner and no one can count how many mistakes he did in his life but he was thankful for God who is above for giving him his angel who was his salvation. He can never figure out what he did to deserve her. May he saved a man from dying in his previous life or maybe a whole town he doesn’t know and he also feel like he was unworthy for breathing the life he has now but instead the Almighty Savior have him his angel that clearly who’s heart had sure taken time as it was sculpted with everything nice and for that he is greatly thankful.

 

Cause I could never ask for more from love and life than you

 

Never could he imagine his life without her. He couldn’t and he wouldn’t. With being with her is enough. Having a  slight taste of life that was on the edge of losing her already drove him to death.

 

Turning around Sungjee wrapped her de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter