I don't remember you

I Belong To You

 

2011, present.

“Good Morning Director Jung.”

Every morning, all of his worker will greets him. Not that he asks them to do that, but the workers are really respecting him. Everyone knows he is the only son of Jung Construction, however, YunHo never brag about that or looking down on his workers. He treated everyone the same.

“Miss YuJin, what’s on my schedule today?” YunHo immediately asks once he steps into his office. He sits on the leather seat and switch on his laptop.

“At 10.45, you will have meeting with the marketing department. Then, at 2 you have a meeting with the Panda Design, regarding your new design for President Jung and your office.” And the rest goes on.

 

“Unnie?”

Hye Ran step into the beautiful boutique that owns by Park Shin Hye, an infamous fashion designer. Her design is very trendy and sells at very reasonable price. The walls are filled with flowery pattern design wallpapers and there’s a very huge mirror on the wall that allows people scan their self from head to toe. The magnificent chandelier light that hanging on the ceiling can easily let people guess that must be a very expensive chandelier.

“Owh Hye Ran ah. Come here.” Shin Hye gestures her and leaves for making coffee. Hye Ran scanned the boutique, the walls not only filled with decorations but it also filled with framed certificates and pictures of Shin Hye receiving awards from the upper class people.

“How’s business?” Hye Ran asks once Shin Hye sits down.

Shin Hye placed the cup on the small coffee table and looked around, “Well, not bad, since it’s getting near to summer. How about you? ”

“well… you know, stuff.” Hye Ran quiet down. She takes a sip of her coffee and her views accidentally fells on her watch.

“I think I better get going. I promise oppa that I will help him handle one case and then going back to the hospital. Bye unnie, see you at home.” Before Shin Hye could say anything, she already out from the boutique.

Shin Hye sipped her coffee elegantly and sighed. “She’s becoming quieter day by day.”

 

 

When Hye Ran is driving her car, YooChun calls her. She puts on her earpiece and pushes the talk button on her phone.

“Yes oppa?”

“I just want to remind you about your meeting with Jung Construction. I’m sorry that I have to ask you to help me as no one dares to meet with Jung representative.” YooChun sincerely said his apologizes.

“Don’t worry oppa, in fact I’m on my way now. I’m also part of your staff right? Are they really scary?” Hye Ran smiles while stopping at the traffic light.

“They are not scary, but you know, Jung construction is a very big company, so they didn’t dare to handle the project. As for you, I let you handle the work since you know how things work better than my own worker.” YooChun adjust his phone and continue, “Don’t worry, I will treat you an expensive dinner if things work well.”

“And clothes too.” Hye Ran continues and both of them slowly laughed.

 

 

Hye Ran parks her car around the corner and walks to the café where she should meet with the Jung representative. She enters the cozy little café and silently praised for YooChun who choose this café as their meeting place. The café consists of wooden chair and table. On the wall is filled with variety of fake flowers. She fixed her clothes and scans the small café. There, she saw a couple of partners enjoying their coffee and her eyes felled on a man who sits alone. She guessed that is the Jung representative and walks to him.

“Excuse me..”

Jung YunHo is enjoying his coffee while reading the newspaper when suddenly he heard a female voice. He looked up and saw Hye Ran is smiling towards him. He smiles too.

“Are you from Jung Construction?” Hye Ran asked and after YunHo said yes, they shake their hands and Hye Ran sits in front of YunHo.

On the other hand, YunHo keep looking at Hye Ran, because her face resembles someone that he knew. He quickly shakes his head, decides that maybe he is mistaken her.

“My name is Jung YunHo.” YunHo said while taking out his business card and hands it to her. Hye Ran bows her head a little and takes it. “I’m sorry, I don’t have business card.” Hye Ran said and YunHo said “never mind.”

“My name is Park Hye Ran.” Hye Ran introduces herself and somehow that name rings the bell in YunHo head, but he still doesn’t remember her. “I thought I’m supposed to meet with Park YooChun today.” YunHo said and Hye Ran smiles. “I’m sorry, but he have something very important to do that’s why I’m here. But don’t worry, whatever you need you can tell me and I can show you some example, and after you decide with the design, I will arrange one more meeting with you and then we can start working on it.” Hye Ran explains and YunHo nodded his head means he is understand and also agrees with her.

“So, you want us to design your……. ?” Hye Ran asks him while taking out her notes and pen to jot down what he wants.

“My father and my office.” YunHo quickly answered and saw Hye Ran jots down on her notes. “What kind of design that you want? Elegance? Simple? Or modern?” She now takes out her ipad and shows him the example of the design that she once designs it for her oppa.

“All of these designed by you?” YunHo asks while his finger running busily on the white ipad screen. Hye Ran nodded. “Yes. Why?” YunHo look at her while sincerely praising her. “They are beautiful. You are very talented.”

Hye Ran said thanks and they both continue discussing about the design.

“I’m curious though, Panda Design is specialize in architecture, but how comes your company is doing the design for my offices?” YunHo then sips his coffee.

Hye Ran who is sipping her coffee just now puts down the cup on the table and answered, “At first we only specialize on that, but then, Mr. Park YooChun and me studied interior design so we decide to provide that service too and thankfully it’s a good choice because more people seems to recognize our company.”

After 1 hour of discuss, they finally come to end and YunHo offers to take her to Panda Design but Hye Ran nicely rejects it because she drives her own car. They bow to each other and YunHo walks to the left side while Hye Ran walks to the right side.

 

 

As Hye Ran is walking, her phone rings. She puts all her file on her left hand and tap on her iPhone using her right hand.

“Yes oppa.”

“How is it?” YooChun on the other line asks.

“I will tell you once we meet at home. I have to go to the hospital now.” Hye Ran said and before YooChun can say anything, she already hung up because the files on her left hand are going to fell out of her grip.  Once she puts her iPhone on her pocket, all the files scatters on the ground. Remember her appointment with her patients at the hospital; she quickly squats down to pick up the file.

“Let me help you.” One man suddenly squats down and helps her to pick up her files too. Hye Ran looks in front of her and shocked see one man helps her picking up the file.

“Thanks..”

ChangMin looks up and flash his smiles. They both stand up. ChangMin hands her the files and take a look at her.

“You don’t seem very happy to see me.” ChangMin said.

Hye Ran puts all her files in the car and look at ChangMin. “I’m sorry I didn’t know you. But…..” she trailed off because she saw his watch and it indicates she is running short of time as she has to meet her patients.

“But what?” ChangMin asks her while looking at her weirdly.

“I can’t talk to you now as I have an appointment but thanks for helping me. Bye.” She said while running to the driver seat. He stands there while looking how fast Hye Ran drives her car.

“She didn’t recognize me?” ChangMin asked himself, he shrugged his shoulders and walked away.

 

 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!!!!

Park Shin HYe who is at the kitchen to have a glass of milk quickly shocked when she heard the noise which sounds like a person is knocking crazily on her door. Just when she steps out from the kitchen, she saw her oppa, YooChun is already at the door. YooChun opens the door and a weak person felled on him.

“Hye Ran?” YooChun slowly shakes her body.

“Omo!! Hye Ran ah!!” Shin Hye came once she heard YooChun mention her name. She looks at Hye Ran hands and saw a lot of blood.

“Oppa, blood.” Shin Hye slowly said, more like whispering. YooChun take a look and told Shin Hye to call their parents. Shin Hye nodded her head and went to her parent’s room. Meanwhile, YooChun scoop Hye Ran in bridal style and placed her on the sofa. Suddenly Hye Ran grabs YooChun hands and yelled, “Oppa!! My parent was stabbed to death by the thieves!!”

Feeling shocked, YooChun went to his parent room and asked his father to come along with him to go to Hye Ran house to see the condition. He then asked Shin Hye and his mom to look up for Hye Ran.

YooChun arrived at the house and when he opens the door, he saw a large pool of blood under the two bodies that lying on the floor, lifeless. Mr. Park closed his eyes for a while and take out his phone to call the ambulance. YooChun couldn’t do anything as he was really surprised by seeing the scene.

Soon after that, ambulance came and covered the bodies. The ambulance staffs then put the bodies into the ambulance and bring it to the nearest hospital. YooChun and his father then went back home to tell the other what happens.

KNOCK KNOCK

“Shin Hye ah, quick open the door! It must be your father and your oppa!” Mrs. Park said while putting the wet towel on Hye Ran’s forehead.

“Yea Umma.” Shin Hye said and quickly stands up to open the door. YooChun and Mr. Park enter the house with a sad face. They sat down on the sofa and Mrs. Park asks them what happen.

“We don’t know what actually happened, but what did Hye Ran said is true, her parents were stabbed to death.” Mr. Park said. YooChun look at Hye Ran who is sleeping on the sofa.

“Poor her.” Shin Hye said and Mrs. Park broke into tears. YooChun looked at his father, “How about her? Do we need to send her to the orphanage?”

Mr. Park seems deep in thought and after a while, he went to Hye Ran and kissed her forehead. “Why do we? Because We are going to adopt her.”

The others feel glad and since that day, Hye Ran becomes their family member.

 

 

“I’m back.” YooChun said once he stepped inside his house and wears the house slippers.

“Welcome back.” Shin Hye and her mom said together. They both sit on the sofa while watching news. YooChun take a look at the shoes rack and didn’t saw Hye Ran shoes.

“I guess Hye Ran hasn’t come back yet.” YooChun mumbles slowly. He was going to upstairs when his mom suddenly calls him.

“Have you eaten you dinner?” Mrs. Park still didn’t let go her eyes from watching the TV.

“Yes, I already had mine. I enter my room first.” YooChun then proceed climbing the stairs.

YooChun take a shower and switch on his laptop and start doing his work. While at downstairs, Hye Ran just got back home.

“I’m back.” Hye Ran said and takes off her shoes and slips her house slipper on. She saw YooChun’s shoes and guessed he already home.

“Want dinner?” Mrs. Park asked just like YooChun just now.

“Never mind Umma, I had late lunch today.” Hye Ran answers. “Umma, Unnie, I will go upstairs first.”

“Yea.” Shin Hye and her mom said it together.

Hye Ran enters her room and has a shower before she gathers the entire Jung Construction document and enters YooChun room.

“Oppa.”   Hye Ran closed the door and takes a sits beside YooChun study table that located in front of his bed. The chair already there because Hye Ran is not only a doctor but she also a freelancer at YooChun’s company and sometimes YooChun asks for her opinion about the design since Hye Ran know how YooChun handle the works.

“Oh already back. How’s work?” YooChun stops from typing on his laptop and gives full attention on Hye Ran.

“Today I only got one appointment since I’m on my leave today but tomorrow I can’t say. Why? Do you still need my help?” Hye Ran asks while fixing YooChun pajamas collar.

YooChun clears his throat. “Well, if you still have your day off, I need you to finish up the Jung work because you are the one who met him.” He thoroughly reads the documents regarding Jung Construction.

Although they are not the real siblings, but YooChun is closer with Hye Ran than Shin Hye. Because Hye Ran always helps him whenever she is free. However, Shin Hye didn’t feel jealous at all because since she was small, she has never been so close with YooChun, so having Hye Ran in her family somehow really giving them advantages. 

 

 

 

It’s already 2 in the morning and yet YunHo still typing on his laptop and he already consumed 3 cups of coffee. While he was busily typing, suddenly the image of Park Hye Ran flashes through his mind.

“Have I met her before?” YunHo puts his hand under his chin while thinking. While he is in his deep thought, he suddenly heard a glass breaks and a loud thud. He quickly went outside and searches the entire 1st floor. He then spotted a hand behind the kitchen door.

“Appa!”

YunHo helps his father to stands up and make Mr. Jung sits on the sofa. “What happen?”

Mr. Jung massages his forehead and sighed, “I always feel the sudden dizzy when I stands up after sitting for a long time. But never mind, don’t worry okay. Other than that, I’m good.” Mr. Jung wants to stands up but then, once again he feels dizzy and ends up fall on the sofa.

“No, it’s not alright; I’m taking you to the hospital right now.” YunHo stands up and ready to go upstairs to change his clothes to take his father to the hospital. However, Mr.Jung manages to grabs his hand. “We will go in the morning. Right now, all I want is to have a nice sleep.”

YunHo let go of his hand and whined, “Appa~~”

“Come, help me to go upstairs.” Mr. Jung once again grabs YunHo hand and YunHo reluctantly helps his father climb the stairs. He then enters his room, shut down the laptop and goes to sleep.

 

 

“Good morning Dr. Park.” One of the nurse at the counter bows to her.

“Good morning.” Hye Ran replies and smiled to them. She then enters her room and start to check her patients’ medical record. While she is doing the routine checkup on her patients, suddenly she is been called to the emergency room. She runs to the emergency room and saw an old man on the stretcher while a man keep calling “Appa” beside the stretcher.

She helps the hospital staffs push the stretcher to the Emergency Surgery Room and the man wants to enter the room too but Hye Ran quickly stops him saying, “I’m sorry sir, but you can’t enter here. Please wait outside.”

The man quickly back offs and sits on the chair that already placed in front of the room.

After waiting for nearly two hours, the emergency lights dimmed. The man quickly stands up and impatiently waits for the doctor to come out. Finally, Hye Ran comes out while taking off her surgery hats.      

“Doctor, how is my father?” The man quickly asks Hye Ran.

“Your father….” Hye Ran looks up and surprised to see it is Mr. Jung YunHo standing in front of her. “Mr. Jung, your father is in stable condition now. His blood capillaries are getting thinner that’s why he keeps having the dizziness. So, I advised you to let Mr. Jung have a very good rest because once the capillaries are broken, it will danger him.” Hye Ran explained and YunHo nodded means he understands. “We now will transfer Mr. Jung to the ward and observe his condition for a few days; if he is good then we will let him go home.”

“Thank you, Doctor Park.” YunHo said. Hye Ran then answered, “It’s my duty and please, call me Miss Park like you used to call me.” YunHo then takes a look on her watch, “It’s 7 in the morning already, want to have breakfast together?”

Since Mr. Jung will transfers to the ward and he still doesn’t wakes up from the sleep, she agrees.

They both sit at one of the table in the hospital cafe, while having their breakfast Hye Ran explains what he should do about his father.

“One thing is bother me though.” YunHo said and take a sip on his drinks.

“What is it?” Hye Ran asks.

“Well, last time we met because you are from Panda Design then today you are one of the doctors in this hospital. What is your real job anyway?” Hye Ran smiles upon hearing the question. It’s not very common question but not very rare question too. Sometimes peoples will recognize her but mostly they don’t.

“Hmm.. how should I tell you this….” Hye Ran takes a sip on her fresh orange and continues, “On my last year of medic, I begin my first year in architecture and design.”  YunHo choked when he heard the story. “How did you manage…….”

Before YunHo could end his question, Hye Ran already cuts him off. “Passion. I guess YooChun oppa gives me the passion to study architecture and design. That’s why I managed to excel in both courses. So, if you ask me what is my real job is, I will say I’m a doctor but do part times as an architect.”

Hye Ran smiles and YunHo slowly curved his lips too.

“You are special you know.” YunHo said and Hye Ran looked at him, and suddenly they are staring at each other.