Chapter Four - Not What It Seems

Leap of Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

29th November 2013

It was another typical day for the members of EXO, another jam-packed day full of interviews, performances, miscellaneous events followed with hours of training and preparations for their next showcase. And of course when the 6:00 morning wake- up call resonated throughout the house it was evident that none of them wanted to wake up.

Chanyeol was the first to successfully depart from his committed relationship with his bed and trudged slowly towards his seat at the dining table. With his eyes still half closed he plopped himself down into his seat, his arm unconsciously reached out to grab the glass of warm water that usually awaited him, but to his surprise, today there was none.

Something was wrong, but he just couldn’t pinpoint what it was.

Slowly one by one the rest filed into the room and took their respective places around the table. Each of them waiting for the breakfast that would have already been laid out for them, they waited for the soft footsteps that would approach them, carrying their meal. Or the gentle clinking made by the glasses of lemon water being set out to help soothe their throats.

 For some it would be pancakes or waffles, for others it would be warm porridge or cereal, each and every one of them would have something warm and fulfilling prepared for them to help battle on the long, tiring day ahead of them.

It was a routine, something that most of them had taken for granted, not a word of thanks or appreciation, so long that it was almost expected to have a warm and homemade breakfast ready when they woke up. And on this particular morning, when there was none, it was chaos.

D.O and Luhan quickly whipped up some toast and milk for the rest to eat, but of course, it was different, the toast was burnt and there were no eggs or bacon. The missing presence of one small girl, had already injected such a huge difference in their lives, and yet most of them were too busy or too selfish to care.

But little did they realise, this was just the beginning.

-----------------

The end of the day soon approached them and out of habit, Suho unconsciously reached for his mobile to call home, to tell her that they were going home, to ask whether dinner was ready. But of course the number could not be reached.

Every day was mentally and physically taxing for all of the EXO members, the thought of having someone at home to prepare everything was something that unconsciously gave them comfort and security. However that small gesture that always been taken for grant and to open the door of the dorm to be greeted by an empty hallway, not the delicious scent of their next meal wafting down the hallway, was something that each and every one of them would take a while to get used to. And tonight, it was time to go back to the unhealthy habit of ordering take-away.

---------------

Dinner was silent, no one spoke, everyone had their own troubles and secrets that they kept locked away in their hearts. The feeling was suffocating but no one said a thing. It became something that they were used to, it became a part of them and the lack of communication led to walls being built, walls that let distrust into the bond that the twelve shared, a bond that had once promised never to be broken.

A heavy feeling rested on Suho’s chest, he had a decision to make and he was at loss of what to do. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter