Chapter Three - Lifeline

Leap of Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

28th November 2013    

It was a normal day in November for many, but to some, it served as a day that would forever be engraved in their minds, out of pity, out of regret. I’m not sure.

Inside a luxurious yet gloomy hospital room twelve handsome, young men all clad in expensive designer clothing and accessories gathered throughout the room where a young fragile-looking girl that lay unconscious, some stood around the bed, whilst others sprawled out on the couches. Some looked concerned, some simply carried no expression, dismissing any signs or worry, whilst some of the extreme few looked like they had no desire to be present at all.

The sun was out shining softly reflecting the calm and tranquil nature of hospital, giving warmth and comfort to those that sought sanctuary in its peaceful surroundings.

 

The room was silent and the atmosphere circulating was no better, the only sound audible was the soft dripping of liquid from the numerous IV lines connected to the girl’s body. The two leaders glanced at each other not knowing what to make of the situation nor certain of what to say.

Luckily the arrival of the doctor brought an end to the numerous questions that hung over their minds.

“Who is guardian of this child?”

Two hands slowly found their way in the air.

“The child jumped off the rooftop of a three storey building.” The doctor stated, looking up from the clipboard he was holding and straight into the eyes of Suho and Kris.

“The impact of the fall was very severe and I’m actually quite surprised that she made it this far.” He added.

“She currently in a coma, the chances of her waking up are slim, as it seems like the patient’s mind has succumbed, we have tried our best but if the patient has given up themselves there isn’t much that we as doctors can do. “ he continued with a sign.

“As her guardians you have three weeks to come up with a decision as to whether or not you would like to switch off her life support.”

The doctor turned to exit the room, but as he was about to reach for the handle he paused for a moment and then turned back to face the two leaders who seemed to be recovering from the shock.

“ I know I am in no position to say this but, this poor child seems to have been through a lot, if any of you still have an ounce of sympathy left in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter