If I Were You

never nothing

 

After GD stabilized his composure, he felt a sore pain in his knuckles caused by the slam he did at the elevator door. A trickle of blood flows out of a small wound by a swelling spot. Being a celebrity, this was going to cause news. G-Dragon found with bleeding knuckles, gah. Being a guy, well, he had never felt so disgraceful being a man; of all the guilt he had to put up with, it had to be causing a one night stand of drunken pleasure with non-other than lee chaerin. He spent a few minutes cleaning up blood stains on the floor, trying to cover up whatever he could.

CL was at the outside parking lot of the building; she texted the driver to come pick her up as soon as possible. She sat on the ground, causing a mushy build up consisting of concrete dust and water present in her red moschino sweater. Her dark hazel eyes were fixated on the sky, her ambiguous thoughts threatening and disturbing her, but tears unwilling to flow. She withdrew her screams by biting her bottom lip but not to the point that it would bleed. Being a celebrity, this is gonna cause trouble if i make a scene. Her palms were sweaty, her skin was damp, but none of that bothered her. It was the fact that she can’t blame Kwon Jiyong for having that affair with her. She wished for hate, for anger, for revenge, but her mind would not allow it. She was smart to know that being drunk was the only thing to blame in that situation. Her heart beat slowed down after the of her emotions have reached a pitfall, she started to relax her eyebrows, but her hands still buried in her blonde hair.

 

The driver arrives in a nick of time to CL, but as she predicted, there were questions that were begging for answers “CL-sshi, what happend to you?? Why are you all wet?”

She grunts, i should’ve thought of an excuse earlier  “um well, i went to the pool area after sajangnim got mad, then i slipped” The driver easily falls for it, who wouldn’t believe it though, she looks angry and irritated being soaked all over. “Well.. alright, let’s go then”

 

The driver takes the route to Itaewon, the foreigner district of South Korea. CL felt lucky that she wasn’t still living in the dorms with the other girls, or else she would have to deal with endless amount of questions from them. With the headache she has now, she could’ve said things that she would end up regretting. She looks out the window, with Seoul’s city lights flashing fast beside her. She grinned in irony as she looked up at the sky, and a heavy distaste continued to ruin her mood the tactless night sky is so beautiful tonight.

Arriving at Itaewon, she taps the driver’s shoulder “Konsumnida, and please don’t tell the girls about this” The driver nods and she steps out of the vehicle feeling relieved.

 

GD arrives back in his own home, driving himself in his lambo. With no schedules for tomorrow, he had a lot of time to start thinking of what to do. He immediately slopped to his bead, groaning in guilt and anger. It was funny to him, that 3 weeks post-break up every bad day he had, Kiko’s memory would join him in his agony.

 

“We’re done Ji, please there’s nothing you can do”

“But what the hell did i do to you Kiko huh? Just tell me what i did wrong, i’ll do something about it!”

“I just can’t do this Ji, we barely meet, we’re always busy, it’s not gonna work”

“Distance is your problem?? That’s it? You’re giving up too soon yknow that”

“.................”

“Kiko”

“.................”

A sharp beeping travels through GD’s left ear- Kiko cut off the line. The room that was filled with camera crew and loud conversations; slowly drifts off to silence as GD’s rage slowly creeps up to him. The Australian heat was comparable to GD’s alter ego attitude. Impatient, rude, harsh, merciless.

Kiko had broken up with him 3 weeks ago, he felt stupid that he still kept on trying but he wasn’t the type that could easily move on from a girl he adored so much.

A vibration in his pocket only led him to become more irritated, he takes it out and see that Dara was calling him “Yubesayo?” he answers kindly, trying to hold back himself

“Hey Jiyong, don’t forget to come to the after party later hehe” Dara reminded

“Yeah, perfect timing by the way, i needed a drink” He answers smoothly

“Alright, bye”

 

Before 2ne1 performed, he asked the girls not to drag him on stage since he was tired, and in the bitter mood he was in, he didn’t want the public to see him in such distraught shape.

 

GD had a little too much to drink, but he was used to alcohol flowing through his blood stream; he was stable and still standing upright. The girls were having quite a night, and he was dancing along by the sidelines trying to keep out of sight. ‘tonight i’ll be crooked’ The lyrics of his hit song began to undulate down on him, the world beginning to blur. A blonde bombshell caught his eye, bending down and wobbling to the bathroom with a girl he easily recognized as Dara. He came closer trying to fixate himself to recognize the girl that attracted his attention. The blonde girl then left the restroom in a quick pace after Dara left to interact with the fans, and he started to follow her out. With a small glimmer of sense still in him, he signals Bom that he was going to leave, Bom nodded and he rushed out quickly.

 

“ooff hey watch where hyou ghoin-“ GD said as he accidently bumps to a body. As the blonde girl turns around, he discovered that wobbly legs was CL all along.

Oppa,heh, wha you dooingg hereee???” She responded lazily, with a strong scent of alcohol in her breath

 

GD opened his eyes, feeling more guilt than ever before; he felt horrid knowing he actually remembers all those events despite being drunk. A good dosage of alcohol didn’t sound so bad to him, but the danger of discovering that he can take a girl home for a one night stand was keeping him on his leash. Even though he was in the midst of this mental turbulence, he couldn’t deny the faint sweetness that left him at least a small good feeling in his heart. CL’s lips are quite alluring. Mouth wateri-. Gahhh, what the hell really.  The image of her made his heart go crazy fast as he lay down stagnant. His thoughts caused him to be mentally exhausted, soon enough he drifts off to sleep.

Chaerinah

 

CL woke up at 6am in the morning, a disturbing slumber caused her to wake up earlier for her mind to prevents itself from suffering with the dreams that visualized in her sleep. GD touching her in the most sensitive of places, warm breaths by her ear, lips contacting with skin. Uknowingly, her hands found their way to her chest and neck, imitating the small tender caresses to revive the warm feeling that pleasured her through that night. Her breaths began to escape . Honestly, it not’s like she hated it, but just uncomfortable of the thought that she gave her body away with a lack of sense and discipline to a man who was drunk as well; and being a woman, it was a stupid dirty act. And she hated herself for that. were the words she repeated in her mind, a breakfast for her thoughts. She shaked her head and sat up from her bed It’s gonna be a long day today, get your together for the girls, for the blackjacks, for yg, for yourself. You’re 2ne1’s leader and you can’t afford to be straying off. She slapped both her cheeks, and started preparing for their ‘Gotta Be You’ performance at inkigayo.

The black GMC arrives at 8am in the morning, with Minzy sitting shot gun. Minzy looks back at her with a worried bare-face “Unnie, what happend last night?” CL felt her safety began to lower, she hoped that the driver didn’t mention her wet n’ wild look last night. “sajangnim got really mad of course.”

 

Minzy was a smart girl, very caring to her unnies, she may be quite rash sometimes being young and all, but this time she felt like it wasn’t appropriate to remind the leader of her mistake I’m sure unnie has had enough. Minzy nods and looks back at the road.

 

They were now headed to 2ne1’s previous dorm since Dara and Bom decided to sleep over together for the night. The car door opens revealing Bom and Dara all perky and cheerful, talking about the yummy ramyum Dara made for their breakfast. Their smiles easily fade once they see CL looking out the window, not even turning back to look at the dynamic duo. Dara sits by the solo seat beside CL, and Bom goes to the back. For the past 5 years they’ve been 2ne1, this was the first time they were in an awkward silence together. And CL could feel it all too well.

 

It was the first time for CL to be scolded alone, and it was a strange occurrence for the 3 girls. As a group, they would easily move on from YG’s harsh and honest comments, but for the leader to face that wrath alone, it was something they were all rookies at. “CL-roo, how are you feeling?” Dara said, breaking the silence. CL turns to her, her eyes covered in her Chanel shades, CL thought in this way the girls wouldn’t be able to tell the vacant expression in her eyes.

She smiled at Dara and replied “I’m good, a little tired from last night.”

“Oh”

CL was choked up, not knowing what to say. She had caused so much trouble for the girls, and this will be their 1st public appearance after CL’s tabloids began. The fans would be watching intently on her; Even if no one knew, except GD, she felt like the world was on her, she can already feel the disappointment in every one’s eyes glazing on her if they found out. She would be marked as an official drunkard . And she was already feeling guilty for her actions ever since last night. She just wanted to apologize to the girls at that moment, to her parents, to Harin, to YG, and surprisingly, to GD as well. WAKE UP CL!

 

CL hears the car park at the back of SBS’s studio, it was time to perform. They go to the dressing room inside the building and start their vanity session immediately.  Chaerin has now fully disappeared, and CL was the one replacing her. The 4 girls gathered at the back, waiting for their turn to shoot their performance. CL could hear suspicious whispers of staff members at the back, and a few keywords took her attention

 

Looks like she’s still standing strong

She’s got the guts to show her face?

I hope they lose today

If the leader’s like that, then the other girls must be sickos too

 

“I can hear you” CL said in a cold tone. The 3 girls looked at her after hearing her.

CL faces the staff and finishes by saying “Don’t drag them into this” also in a cold tone. If they were of far distance, they would guess she was cussing with her gleaming eyes facing them with no fear.

The staff members quickly leave, even if their respect for the blonde leader vanished, her aura of fierce cold-heartedness was still something to be cautious about. “I may not be the type to say this but... Thanks for defending us Chaerinah, but i think its best that you keep silent about this” Bom said in a mature manner.

“Sometimes the more you talk, the more things get damaged” Bom concludes.

CL looks up at them, a fresh sadness now present in her eyes “I’m the leader around here.” She says in a dominating tone. “And sometimes i wonder, why you weren’t the leader in the first place Bommie unnie hehe” The 3 girls laugh as well. Thanks unnie. They hear one of the staff calling them to come up on stage so CL places her hand in front, signalling their natural and well-known gesture before going on stage .

“2NE1 NOLZA!” they said in unison.

 

GD‘s eating some breakfast at his house, a cup of ramen and some bread. He looks at his phone, watching a fancam of their ‘the leaders’ performance. It was the time where they played being a couple on stage This isn’t even a love song, yet we look so steaming with lust for each other. It was fan service, and the fans were not disappointed at all. Him pretending to kiss her, CL reaching out to hug him while playing with his hair. Kiko got jealous with CL during this performance, saying they were having too much skinship for fan service. Kiko always got too jealous of CL sometimes, she and GD were always together after all. GD scrunches up his hair, again being reminded of her, but for some reason he wasn’t too upset. Come on man, Kiko's gone now.

 

Speaking of CL...... I think i know what to do.

 

After their Gotta Be You stage was over, they went back to their dressing room to watch their performance. Minzy and Dara were on point, Bom missed a step during the dancing, and CL made it through smoothly. She felt a little disappointed though, her energy wasn’t completely up during the dancing but at least she didn’t look like the wreck the public thinks she is. The girls high 5-ed each other and the dancers for a job well done. The 4 girls changed into their casual clothes, and were headed back to the parking lot. When suddenly, a white lambo shows up and parks beside their GMC. GD comes out, holding a bouquet of flowers, and was headed towards CL with a suave pace. CL’s shoulders began to get stiff, and her loss of words were now back to choke her dry. You have the ing guts.

The dancers and the 3 other members of 2ne1 greet and bowed to GD, and vice versa. GD came up to CL and handed over the bouquet to her. “here, yknow what are these for.” GD said calmly. CL took it from him in a rude gesture, preventing to lock eyes with him.

Her cheeks bloomed a shade of pink, not knowing if it was the effect of anger or something else all together. GD thought it was peculiar in nature that CL would act like this, he was prepared for a slap or at least some snarky remark, but she was just standing there. Is she blushing? GD wondered well she doesn’t wanna cause a scene after all, you picked the wrong time to give these Ji

 “o-op-pa, k-konsumnida” she said nervously. All the rage from yesterday questionably simmered into shyness. CMON CHAERIN REALLY?

"Hey Ji, what's with your knuckles?" CL looked at the corner of her eye knuckles? 

"it's nothing, i slipped and fell on them, doesn't hurt anymore though" GD said

CL felt a small amount of guilt thinking she caused the injury, but she rolled her eyes secretly, trying to evade the feeling.

All eyes were on them now; GD showing up with flowers and a shy CL accepting it. Bom, Minzy, Dara and the dancers were starting to get intrigued

GD rubbed the back of his neck, he didn’t want her to feel any more uncomfortable than she already is, besides, it was better not to cause any more suspicion. As a way to distract the crowd, he came up with an excuse “It’s my little congrats gift to you guys, for a successful show at Australia, you sold out the stadium in hours”

The 3 girls and the dancers replied in unison “OHH”

“I thought you were hitting on Chaerinah Jiyong” Bom said

GD smirked “Heh, well i gotta go now, got some stuff to do”

They all said farewell to each other. The 4 girls separated with the dancers as they walked towards their GMC. CL still carrying the bouquet still feeling as annoyed and confused as ever. Her phone began to vibrate, she took it out, and the message box notification read “Take the letter out of the bouquet before anyone finds it.” CL wanted to slap her head hard, she was acting too ok with him after everything that’s happend. It was a big deal to the both of them, now here she was being led to another possible problem. The contents of the letter could give her another migraine, fearful as she was, of course she had to read it. She took it out of the flowers and hid it quickly in the pocket of her Chrome Hearts jacket.

 

The girls chatted normally as the driver escorts them to their individual abodes, they asked CL a few questions about the weird response she gave to GD, she lied by saying she was just doing aegyo to him. It was a fun day for CL, but once she arrived home, it was time to uncover the letter.

 

She sat down at the living room, and gently took the letter out of her pocket. She unfolded the white sheet of paper, and began to read it. It was hand-written by GD himself. Smart move for writing this yourself oppa, i might actually take this seriously.

 

About what happend to us... I’m sorry for being a stupid- drunk er that led you to deal with you shouldn’t be worrying about. Whatever you must be feeling about that night, i hope it comforts you that i am feeling the same way. Except for the fact that i don’t hate you.

 

To be honest, i don’t really know why, or how this ended up happening but...

Please give me a chance, even only as a friend, or even just as an acquaintance.

 

GD

 

And there CL was left with a thumping heart, a speechless mouth, a blank mind, but a unreadable expression on her face.