007

Love Can Wait

 

It’s been a week ever since I saw him, I didn’t know why but I kept on thinking about him. No matter how hard I tried not to, he’s the only thing that’s been on my mind. I kept on remembering our good times together, how he would always make me laugh and comfort me whenever there’s something wrong. I thought of how much he missed him, how much I wanted him to be with me again, how much I had longed for him, how much I wanted to run away and go to him.

 

It hasn’t been an easy week in work either, I kept on getting a lot of workload and I had to attend meetings here and there. I don’t even understand the meetings that I attend to. I would just stare blankly into the paper or the screen and some times, more like most of the times, I fell asleep. My uncle would always call on me and ask about some things about the presentation or the meeting as if he knew that I wasn’t paying attention, making me unable to answer causing everyone in the meeting room to give disappointing and disapproving looks. Giving me looks of doubt as to whether I really have what it takes to be the company’s successor or not.

 

The more I get to familiarize the work in company, it made things a lot easier but the more I did, I realized that this kind of thing doesn’t suit me at all. This wasn’t what I wanted to end up in the future, what I wanted was to live a normal life. I didn’t want to be the future president of the company any longer but I had no choice.

It was written in my father’s will, for me to be the successor of the company. But just like the rest of the workers in the company, I was also doubting myself, whether I could keep this up.

 

I was in my office, sitting on my spinning chair while looking at my phone. Looking at the picture of Jongdae and me, which we took on the day that my father died. The picture was a reminder to me, a reminder that my father died because of me, a reminder that I chose my father and gave up on Jongdae to fix my mistakes, a reminder that I have to continue all of this for my father.

My uncle suddenly entered the room causing me to automatically stand up from my seat. “Samchon, what brings you here?”

“I’m worried about you Ye Rim, you don’t seem to be in a good condition these past few days so I decided to check up on you.” He said and walked near me. “Are you alright? Is work that tiring for you? I could lessen your workload if you want.”

“Samchon, you shouldn’t have come, I know you have a lot of work to do, I probably bothered you and made you come here because of my carelessness. I’m sorry samchon but I will try to do my best so that you won’t be disappointed.” I apologized and bowed at him.

“Are you really alright?” He asked again.

“Yes, I’m fine. Please don’t worry about me.” I smiled reassuringly at him.

I didn’t want him to worry about me since he’s already busy and tired from all the work that he’s doing for the company since he’s the president for the time being.

I noticed that the whole time we were talking, he wasn’t looking at me but somewhere down so I followed his gaze, he was looking at my phone. I quickly turned it so that he would stop looking at the picture.

“You’re still not over him, aren’t you?” He asked.

But before I could say anything, he cut me off. “You don’t really have to do all of this Ye Rim. If you don’t really want to be here and it’s just giving you a hard time, then don’t, stop pushing yourself too much.”

“I know you’re doing this for your father and I know that you are only doing this because you blame yourself for your father’s death but you shouldn’t, it wasn’t your fault Ye Rim ah.. It was a heart attack, how could you have prevented that even if you were there.”

“Follow your heart Ye Rim ah, go to where you want you go, go to where you find happiness. I want you to be happy Ye Rim and I know that your father wants you to be happy more than anything else in this world.”

“Your wrong uncle, my father never gave the time for me, he never gave the time to know what her daughter really wants, he never gave the time to know what her daughter likes and dislikes because he was too preoccupied in his own matters. I don’t think he even knows what happiness means.” I wanted to say.

“Aniyo samchon. I’m really fine. I want to stay here and fulfill his wish. I will do my best so that he would be proud of me and so that you would be also proud of me.” I smiled. “I don’t want to give you a hard time samchon. I know you’re only taking the role as the president involuntarily because of my father, so I will work really hard so that you won’t be burdened by the role anymore.”

“Is this really what you want?” He asked.

I nodded my head at him causing him to sigh and told me to continue on with my work as he left.

 

As I was going out of the company to grab something for lunch on my way to the company warehouse when Seojoon stopped me and told me that he’ll go to buy lunch and go to the warehouse with me. I told him that I could do it on my own but he insisted that he would come with me.

I knew that Seojoon was trying to be a good friend and was trying to take care of me like a brother but I didn’t want to burden him since I know he had a lot of work to do.

“I’m okay, I can do it on my own, it’s not like I’m a five year old who doesn’t know how to cross the street.” I told him. “And plus, you have a lot of work to do. I saw your desk earlier when I passed by a while ago so don’t you even dare try to lie your way out.”

“At least ask one of those bodyguards that your uncle hired to go with you or buy your food.” He said worriedly. “By the way, why don’t I see those bodyguards of yours?”

“I think I might have asked them to leave me alone. But, I’m really fine on my own, okay?” I said and chuckled seeing how worried he looked at the moment.

“Park Ye Rim, wh-”

“Stop worrying about me mom.” I remarked before he could even finish off.

“Ha. Ha. Very funny.” He said with a glare. “But seriously, are you going to alright alone?”

“Yes, I would be fine.” I told him again.

“Okay fine. But make sure to call me when you’ve finished eating lunch so I could pick you up and drive you to the warehouse. And I am not taking a no for an answer.” He said.

But before I could even answer, he was already walking away. “Good then. I’ll just ask permission from the head manager and follow you as soon as I can.”

I sighed as I saw his figure disappear in the busy lobby.

 

I finished my lunch in a nearby café and was waiting for Seojoon to arrive. I already called him a couple of times but he doesn’t pick up so I sent him a text message saying the name of the restaurant.

After a few more minutes of waiting, I finally decided just to take a taxi to the warehouse. I texted Seojoon saying that I’ll be going already. I looked up to check the walking sign on the stoplight and proceeded to walk on the pedestrian lane. I ended my text message to Seojoon saying not to worry with a smiley face at the end. I clicked the sent button and finally looked to my side while I was crossing.

I quickly stopped when I saw a familiar car speeding right up at me. I was just about to make a quick run towards the other end when my legs suddenly froze when I saw him in the car, the person who I rely on, the person who I trust and believe in, the person who I treat as my own family.

A hand suddenly grabbed hold of my wrist and spun me around, making me embrace the stranger that had saved me. I didn’t wonder as to who the person who saved me was and instead, I quickly turned around and looked at the car that tried to hit me passed by. I didn’t understand why he, out of all people in the world would try to kill me. I didn’t understand why he would do it. I followed the car with my eyes until it finally disappeared.

Is he really the person who’s behind all of this? Is he really the person who killed my father?

My head suddenly hurt and my vision became blurry, I stumbled and I quickly held the person’s arm to stay balanced. I was dizzy all of a sudden, I felt my knees weaken and I suddenly found myself on the ground.

“Hey, are you okay?” A familiar voice asked, his voice grew fainter as my eyelids slowly closed and the last thing that came out from my mouth was his name, the person who tried to kill me.

 

 


Author's note: Hello everyone, sorry it took me a while to update, I was busy with university and stuff so yeah. What do you guys think about this chapter? Who do you think is the person behind it? Comment down below to let me know! I think there will be two to three more chapters until this fanfic will officially ends, so please do anticipate until the very end! Also, thank you for reading and always patiently waiting for my updates ^^