004

Love Can Wait

 

 

Park Yerim nervously walked towards the senior hallway, she could feel the stares of the seniors were giving her, probably asking why a junior like her is wandering around their hallways.

She stopped by in front of a classroom and sighed nervously as she looked down at the paper bag she was holding.

“Hey there. Are you lost?” Someone tapped her on her shoulder causing her to look up.

“You don’t seem like a transfer student here.” The girl said with a friendly smile as she crossed her arms.

“Ah, I’m just looking for someone.” Yerim told her.

“Who?” The girl asked.

“Kim Jongdae.” Yerim shyly mumbled.

“Why are you looking for him? By chance, are you going to give him a gift?” She asked worriedly.

Yerim told her that she’s just going to give him the gift because of his kindness the other day and not because she likes him or anything.

“I don’t think you should give it to him.” The girl nervously bit her bottom lip.

“Why is that?” Yerim asked her, not understanding why she couldn’t give her gift to him.

“You see, Jongdae doesn’t really like newly bought gifts cause it’s like your implying that he can’t afford to buy one. He’s not rich you see, he’s a pauper and the boys in our class usually joke around him being poor. There was a time when there was a gift on his table and he thought that the boys were playing a joke on him again. So he threw the gift but he didn’t know that it was from a girl who really likes him.” She told her.

“Really? Then I shouldn’t give my gift right?” Yerim asked her.

“Well, maybe you can, but how about a gift from the heart? Not something you can bought just anywhere?” The girl suggested.

Yerim thought about it for a while and agreed, “I think that’s a good idea! Thank you sunbae!” She smiled and bowed down at the girl.

“By the way, what’s your name?” The girl asked with a pleasant smile.

“My name’s Park Yerim.”

“I’m Irene, you can call me unnie.” She smiled again.

 

Yerim gave more thought on what she should give to him. But no matter how hard she thinks, she just can’t seem to think of a possible gift to him. She kept on thinking about negative things.

 

She thought about giving him a letter but she decided not to do that since he might find it weird. He might think that it’s a love letter or something like that. She also thought about baking him something but that might also be weird because they’re not even close, he might think that she’s in love with him or something.

 

She pouted as she stared at her ceiling, not knowing what to do. She turned to her bedside and saw the paper bag that she was supposed to give to him. She suddenly sat up and grinned as she thought of a new idea.

 

“Maybe since his scarf is already worn out and I really want to give him a new one, what if I make him one? Wouldn’t it be special?” She asked herself.

She went to her study table and opened her laptop. She searched how to knit a scarf on google and called her butler up to her room.

“Butler Lee, can you please ask one of the maids to buy me some yarn and needles? I need to knit a scarf.” She told him.

“I understand, young miss.” He said and went out of her room.

She looked up at some designs and finally chose an easy but pretty one.

“Park Yerim, you can do this!” She cheered herself on.

 

It has already been two weeks since she started doing the scarf. She looked at the scarf that she made in delight and wondered whether he would like it or not. She used her spare time just to make this scarf and she was really seriously hoping that he would like it.

 

She put it inside a box and placed it inside her bag. She went down the stairs and happily ate her breakfast.

“Young miss, you are unlikely happy today.” Butler Lee said as he drove her to school. “Did something good happen?”

“It’s nothing Butler Lee.” She giggled and began jumping up and down from her seat due to the excitement that she was feeling.

As soon as she went down the car, she hurriedly ran through the school gates causing her butler to shout to be careful since the ice is slippery.

She didn’t hear it since she was already inside the school and was now walking down the senior hallway.

She saw Irene inside the classroom and quickly called her, “Irene unnie.”

 

Irene’s friend told her that someone was looking for her and she finally turned then saw Yerim by the door, smiling widely like a fool.

“Hey, do you need help with anything?” Irene asked with a smile on her face.

“Neh unnie, can you please give this to Jongdae oppa?” She asked as she handed her an envelope.

“By chance, are you planning on confessing to him?” Irene eyed her.

“Aniyo unnie.” She quickly denied and shook her hands in front of Irene.

Irene just chuckled at the younger’s cuteness and took the envelope from her. “Arrasseo! Leave it to me. I’ll especially deliver your envelope to him.”

“Thank you so much unnie! Unnie jjang!” Yerim bowed at her and skipped happily back to her class.

 

Yerim couldn’t wait until classes are over since she was way too excited on giving her gift to him. She was praying that classes would get dismissed early so that she could go to the bench and see him already.

 

The bell rang, signaling that school is finally over. Yerim quickly packed her things and checked the box if it was still okay.

“Yerim ah, where are you going?” Her friends asked as they saw that she was in a hurry to leave.

“Ah, I need to go somewhere.” She stopped at the classroom door and turned to them.

“But you said, you’re going to treat us.” One girl said with a pout.

“I promise I’ll treat you guys tomorrow. See you.” Yerim said and quickly ran down the hallway.

 

She spotted the bench where she first met him empty and she sighed in relief that there’s no one sitting there yet. 

She quickly sat down and waited excitedly. Students pass by one by one to leave and she still couldn’t see him approaching.

It seems that almost all of the students went home already and he still didn’t arrive.

“Did he pass by already? But.. I don’t think I saw him passing by.” Yerim mumbled.

She could feel her phone vibrating at her side pocket so she took it and saw that Butler Lee was calling her.

She answered it and told him that she’ll call him when it’s time to pick her up.

 

She heard a shy ‘ehem’ behind her and turned to look. She quickly smiled as soon as she saw him.

“Uh hi, um Irene gave me this. Is this from you?” He asked as he showed her the envelope that she made.

“Yes, it is from me.” She smiled at him and took the box from the bench.

“Um, this is for you too.” She handed him the box.

“Thanks.” He said and took the box.

“Open it.” She really wanted to see his smile again. She wanted him to smile at the gift that she made just for him. She wanted him to smile so that she’ll know that he likes it and her hard work paid off.

 

He opened it and saw the scarf. He looked at her and she just said. “You may not remember me but I was the girl who was sitting here last two weeks ago. You gave me your scarf and gloves because I was freezing cold. I forgot to return it to you. As a thank you, I decided to give you a scarf and a pair of gloves since I noticed that yours were already worn out.” She said shyly as she looked down on her shoes and played with her fingers.

 

Jongdae looked at her nametag and saw her name, Park Yerim. He rolled his eyes as soon as he recognized the name. She was the daughter of the richest man in their country.

Just as he suspected, she was one of those rich kids that show off their wealth.

He threw the box down to the cold floor and said, “You rich people are the worst.”

“Excuse me?” She quickly looked up startled.

“Are you saying that I can’t afford to buy one that’s why you bought a new one for me? I can afford one but instead of buying a new one, I’ll just save it so I can pay the school tuition.” He told her and left.

 

She could feel her tears going down to her cheeks. She kneeled down at the cold floor and grabbed the box, which he threw. She was offended and hurt by what he said. She didn’t even buy it. She was the one who knitted it. And it was the very first time that she done something like that for someone. And he just threw her hard work?

 

“That jerk.” She mumbled as she hugged the box to her chest.

 

 

 


 

Author's note: Hello everyone! You guys waited long didn't you? Here's chapter 4 to you all~ What did you think of this chapter? Comment down below to let me know! Hoping that you all liked it~ Anyway, do read, comment, subscribe! Oh and an upvote would be nice ; ) Love you guys~