Selfish

Secretly Broken

lint.jpglint.jpglint.jpg

She's still standing at the corner of the room,quietly looking at us, watching our every move, waiting for our manager's instructions. I really did not have the right amount of courage to even talk to her, more or less to go near her.

"Hyung, come on. She's-" Kai started.Again.

"It's still a NO, Kai."

"Hyung-" Kai called out once again.

"Kai. No." I sighed as I looked at him pointing at my phone.

"Your mom. Is calling." Kai cleared out. "Sheesh! what can a guy do just to have fun?!" He shouted as he walked away from me and decided to bother D.O instead.

 

"Han." Mom started from the other line. "Your dad have been calling you non-stop, and you've been ignoring his calls. again."

"Mom."

"Han, you need to make up your mind."

"About what mom?"

"Marriage."

"Mom, not now please."

"You've met her right?"

"Met who?"

" Jang MeiRi?"

"Mei.." I trailed off as my eyes once again landed on MeiRi who was now fidgeting at the corner.

"Your father told me that MeiRi's dad allowed her to work for your company, but I don't know which department or--"

"Mom, another arrange--"

"Han, Listen, it's either you marry her or your dad will pull you out from that industry."

"Wha- so what's the connection in marrying her?"

"She's your dad's business partner's daughter."

"Dad has tons of busi-"

"Her dad is different, he saved us from going bankrupt years ago and he also invested a large amount of money for our company."

"So dad wants me to marry her as a form of repayment for those hel-"

"No.Mr. Jang, wants to see his daughter happy,that's the only thing that he wants,and since she's a fan of your group well most specifically you, he asked your father if you could give her a chance.."

"And dad saw this a an opportunity? mom.no."

"Han, think about it again, you can just secretly marry her, hide her, to make your dad happy and you'll be free in that industry he won't bother you again or even threaten you. Or if you'd still say no, then just be prepared to be pulled out--"

"Mom, this is my life and---"

"And you should be the one choosing your own path. I know, but your dad, you know how strict he is, you ran away from us, because of that dream of yours, but you can't continue if your dad did not sign that contract."

I sighed, mom is right, if dad did not sign the consenting contract I won't be able to become a trainee or even become an artist. This is the dream that I longed for, the dream that I finally reached. But it will be shattered if I won't follow dad's instructions. Damn Him!

The call ended right away leaving my brain in a haywire mode.Questions kept on running inside my mind, questions like, Does she know? Did she request this from her dad? did she plan this? 

If she did, then she's the reason why my career can be ruined, she'll be the reason for my dreams to shatter. If she indeed planned this out then I might as well play dad's game. Mr.Jang wants his daughter to be happy, Dad wants their money, I want my freedom, then I'll just marry her and break her.

 

"Kai." I called.

"What is it hyung?"

"count me in." I said as I gripped my phone as hard as I can. I know I'm being selfish just because of my career, but she started this, she was the selfish one to begin with, acting all miss goody two shoes in front of everyone but is scheming her way just to ruin my dream and making herself happy as hell. then I'll be selfish too.