Tell Me You Love Me

Let's Make a Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin and Chanyeol like to make bets about trivial things in the EXO dorm. That all changed when Jongin bet Chanyeol that Baekhyun liked someone. The thing is though, Jongin knew Baekhyun was in love with Chanyeol to begin with. Jongin was just in it for the money at first but after watching the two lovebirds prance around the dorm for the next month like a couple of newlyweds, Jongin began to think it was just one of his genius plans that ended up actually working. (Jongin liked to think all of his plans were genius. Everyone else begged to differ.)

Kyungsoo had hit Jongin over the head countless times the day he found out about the bet he and Chanyeol had made, which caused Jongin to hide any and all magazines he found in the dorm. A Magazine to the head hurt, believe it or not. Kyungsoo didn’t think it was right for someone to play with another person’s emotions. After a while however, Kyungsoo began to appreciate what Jongin had done.

“You know you went about this the wrong way, but I’m glad you did it.” Kyungsoo told the younger while he watched Baekhyun and Chanyeol slow dance across their living room.

“All in a day’s work, Soo.” Jongin said, smiling at the smaller man sitting next to him. He liked to watch Kyungsoo. It was apparent to everyone. Literally everyone. The fans saw it, the managers saw it, the other members saw it, but the man in question was oblivious. Jongin sort of kind of was too. It was just a habit. But he knew how he felt for Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo was Jongin’s Baekhyun, where Jongin was the Chanyeol in their friendship. Just like ‘Baekyeol’, there was no Jongin where there was no Kyungsoo. Jongin would trail after the other like a lost puppy. He didn’t realize he was acting like that. The fans thought it was fan service. The rest of the EXO members thought he was just dumb. Kyungsoo didn’t realize the extra affection he was getting was because the other was in love with him. Kyungsoo had always thought of Jongin as his soul mate. He was the most comfortable with Jongin of all the members. Even the time when Jongin was afraid of him, Kyungsoo had tried to prove he was harmless. That didn’t always end well, what with Baekhyun causing Kyungsoo to lose his temper quite frequently; but eventually the younger warmed up to him and the rest was history.

Jongin knew that Kyungsoo was the one he was closest to. He also knew that Kyungsoo had a soft spot for him. Whenever Jongin wanted something to eat, Kyungsoo would drop what he was doing and get right to work. Whenever Jongin was too tired to fold his clothes and put them away, Kyungsoo would do it for him, plus, he’d organize them for easier access. The same couldn’t be said about the others on any account.

“Aww, is the momma hen feeding his little chickadee today? Or are you going to cook for the rest of us for once?” Jongdae mocked from the doorway to the kitchen. Jongin was sitting on the counter, Kyungsoo between his legs feeding him a sample of whatever it was he was making for Jongin.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Jongdae. I do cook for you guys so shut up.” Kyungsoo didn’t miss a beat as he turned away from Jongin to go back to the stove.

Jongdae just rolled his eyes and looked at Jongin who was smiling to himself.

“Jealous much?” Jongin asked, laughing at the other as he sighed and walked into the room.

“No, I’m not jealous. I just don’t understand why you two are so dense. You’re about as dumb as Kris and Yixing.” Jongdae leaned on the counter next to the younger.

“And with that, I wish you would leave. Please?” Jongin asked, eyeing the other.

“Ahh. I get it,” Jongdae smiled smugly. “Time alone with your wife.” He winked. “Gotcha- OW!”

“I believe he asked you to leave Jongdae. Please don’t make me hit you again.”

“God! Okay! Freaking mother hen.” Jongdae called, grabbing the back of his head and running towards the doorway. "Go back to feeding you little chick."

Jongin stuck his tongue out.

“You didn’t have to hit him you know.” Jongin smiled fondly down at Kyungsoo.

“I know,” he patted Jongin’s cheek. “He’s annoying anyway. He’d get in the way in here.” Kyungsoo turned back towards the stove but was stopped when Jongin hopped down from the counter and put his arms around him. He smiled to himself and looked back at the younger who was smiling as well. Jongin touched their heads together before letting go of Kyungsoo, who went back to his task of cooking, and leaving the room.

--

“I swear they’re almost as bad as the two of you. Freaking gross and lovey dovey and Jesus take the wheel if I have to walk in on them cuddling one more time. I swear I’m going to scream. They need to get together and put an end to my suffering.” Jongdae was pacing in the living room, venting to Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were a pile of tangled limbs on the couch; Baekhyun sitting sideways on Chanyeol’s lap, legs intertwined and hands all over one another. Baekhyun didn’t look away from Chanyeol when he answered.

“I think you’re just jealous because Joonmyun won’t cuddle with you Jongdae.” Baekhyun stated bluntly, causing Chanyeol to laugh in agreement.

“I’m not jealous! Shut up and help me.” Jongdae said exasperatedly, arms raising above his head in annoyance.

“Fine. What do you want? You’re such a brat.” Baekhyun looked over at Jongdae from his spot on Chanyeol’s lap, hand resting on the others cheek.

“I-I don’t exactly know yet?” the last syllable was in question. He didn’t really know what he wanted to do but he’d think of something.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and went back to smiling at Chanyeol who looked completely captivated by the others' affection.

It was Jongdae’s turn to roll his eyes as he turned and left for his bedroom. He would come up with something. He just needed time.

--

“Kyungsoo, do you wanna go out today?” Jongin looked over from his bed to Kyungsoo who was reading a book. They had the day off from practice. One of those rare moments where they could be Kim Jongin and Do Kyungsoo, not Kai and D.O.

“Where do you want to go?” Kyungsoo didn’t look up from his book.

“I don’t know. I just think we should have fun away from the dorm for once. It’s our day off and I feel like I’m in prison.” He rolled over on his back, looking up at the ceiling.

“Well,” Kyungsoo started, closing his book and looking over at Jongin. “There is a new exhibit at the art museum. Would you want to go there?”

Honestly, Jongin wasn’t into looking at paintings done by dead guys. It wasn’t his forte. However, whatever Kyungsoo wanted to do, Jongin would always agree.

“Sure! That sounds great!” He said, smiling over at Kyungsoo who also smiled in return.

“Okay. Go ahead and get ready. I’ll go tell Joonmyun.” Kyungsoo closed his book and bounced off toward their leaders’ room.

Jongin got ready and headed out to the living room. Kyungsoo was there talking to their manager. Jongin guessed he happened to have stopped by. Kyungsoo could feel the others’ eyes on him so he turned to meet his gaze. He smiled softly and Jongin’s heart went into overdrive. He walked up to the two and put his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders.

They got the okay from the manager and they set off.

As they walked down the hallway, Kyungsoo was telling Jongin about the things he thought were going to be interesting to learn about in the exhibit. Jongin wasn’t really listening. He was too focused on the way their hands touched with every movement either of them made. If only he could just reach out and grab Kyungsoo’s hand...

“Jongin.” Kyungsoo deadpanned. “You’re not even listening to me.”

“Huh? Oh! S-sorry Soo. I just had something on my mind.” Jongin was looking straight ahead. He didn’t catch the sparkle in Kyungsoo’s eyes as he watched him. He laughed and asked,

“What’s on your mind?”

“You.” He wanted to say. Instead he ended up shaking his head and smiling down at Kyungsoo, who was still watching him.

They reached the elevator and they both went for the button at the same time. Their fingers brushed and Jongin jerked back like he’d been burned. Kyungsoo paused to look at him again, concern lining his features.

“Jongin, if you aren’t feeling well, we can always go another day. I think this exhibit is staying for another month or so.”

“No! I’m fine.” He assured. “I’m fine, I just didn’t want to uhm, I didn’t want to, I don’t know…” He paused. “But I’m fine really! Let’s go!” The door chose that moment to open and the two boys stepped in.

--

They had a lot of fun that day. They got to get out of the dorm, they weren’t being trailed by fans, and they got to spend it together.

After they left the museum, with Kyungsoo beaming, they decided to sit for a while at the café across the street before heading home.

“Did you have fun. Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked, finishing a muffin he’d ordered.

“I sure did.” He smiled. “Did you?” He asked, quirking an eyebrow.

“Yes! Yes I did! I’ve been wanting to see that exhibit since I read about it in the paper a few weeks ago.” Jongin could see the excitement in his eyes. It made him happy.

“I’m glad you liked it.”

They picked up a few things to give the members when they got back and set off towards the dorm.

“Thank you for going with me Jongin.” Kyungsoo wasn’t looking at him but Jongin could tell how happy he was. Best friends notice that kind of stuff after all.

“It’s no problem at all Soo. I’m just glad you had a good time.” He smiled and looked over at the smaller, who beamed back up at him.

Jongin was about to say something else but his voice caught in his throat when Kyungsoo grabbed his hand and threaded their fingers together, lightly swinging their conjoined hands between them. Jongin’s cheeks flushed and he looked elsewhere so the other wouldn’t notice. It’s not that they hadn’t held hands before. They actually do it often. But Kyungsoo wasn’t the one to initiate things like that. Even it was just holding hands.

They walked like that for the rest of the walk back to the dorm, even into the elevator. Jongin was well aware that they’d have to let go soon but he didn’t want to. He could feel Kyungsoo about to pull away and held on more tightly, rubbing his thumb over the back of Kyungsoo’s hand. Kyungsoo just smiled up at him and pulled Jongin out of the elevator when the doors opened on their floor.

The two reached the door and before either could reach for the knob, the door flew open and Jongdae stepped out.

“Why were you gone so long? What were you doing? And why are you holding hands?” an artillery of questions flooded from the man in the doorway.

“Jongdae please move. We’re tired.” Kyungsoo spoke, looking Jongdae directly in the eyes.

“Yah. Answer me first! You guys are acting like a married couple! It’s gross.” He pointed his finger at the both of them accusingly. Before he knew it, he was being lifted and moved out of the way. Jongin picked him up and threw him over his shoulder. It didn’t last long because Jongdae was thrashing about, but it was enough for the two to walk in the dorm. Kyungsoo walked right passed the flailing boy and went to his and Jongin’s room, dropping their bags on the table on the way. Jongin wasn't too far behind.

The two began putting their things away and changing their clothes. Jongin turned and saw Kyungsoo standing there, back to him, with no shirt on, and had to turn back around. He pinched the bridge of his nose and took a deep breath.

“Hey Soo?” He breathed.

“Yup?”

“Thanks for uh, getting me out of the dorm today. I had fun and I’m glad you did too.” He turned back when he didn’t hear the sound of cloth ruffling. Kyungsoo was looking at him and he dropped his gaze to the floor.

Kyungsoo walked up to him and wrapped his arms around the younger in a tight hug.

“We should do stuff like that more often.” He whispered to the younger, who was a little shocked that Kyungsoo initiated the hug. Normally it’s Jongin doing all the skinship. This was the second time just today that Kyungsoo took the initiative. Jongin was almost giddy as he returned the hug and placed his chin on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. They stayed like that for an amount of time that Jongin couldn’t tell, just taking in Kyungsoo's presence. It was comfortable. It felt right. Jongin pulled away and placed both of his hands on either of Kyungsoo’s cheeks. He leaned forward and kissed the older on the forehead. He didn't pull away.

Jongin always kissed Kyungsoo on the forehead or cheek and even the hand occasionally. After getting used to it, Kyungsoo felt it was second nature. Joonmyun had advised them that it would turn into a bad habit, but neither of them cared. It was just how they were with one another. Kyungsoo hadn’t really ever thought about it before but now he was in this situation yet again, he wondered why Jongin had ever started doing it in the first place. Not that he didn’t enjoy the affection. He actually loved it. But why?

“Jongin?” he asked quietly.

“Yeah?” Jongin responded, lips still lightly touching Kyungsoo's forehead.

“Why do you kiss me? Not that it’s a bad thing. But, why?” He asked pulling back slightly to look at his face.

Jongin was frozen. He didn’t expect that question at all. He blanked. What could he say? Honestly? “I do it because I love touching you?” “I do it because you’re too damn tempting?” “I do it because I love to?” “I do it because I love you?” He could have said any of those things but you can’t just come out and tell your best friend you like them. Right?

“Uhh, I’m not sure?” Was the best he could come up with.

Kyungsoo wasn’t too pleased with that answer but he didn’t pry.

“Okay.” He said and placed his head on Jongin’s shoulder, who wrapped his arms back around the smaller.

“Come on, let’s go see what the others are doing?” Jongin suggested. Kyungsoo nodded and they parted.

--

The rest of the boys, all having returned from their own personal outings and whatnot, were gathered in the living room playing games and watching TV.

Jongdae stared at them as the two entered the room and a light bulb went off in his head.

“Hey I have an idea.” He smirked. “Let’s play truth or dare!” He suggested.

“Jongdae. I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Joonmyun began to protest.

“Come on Joonmyun. Lighten up. We know you’ll pick truth the whole time anyway.” Luhan spoke.

“Or you could just sit out?” Sehun added.

Joonmyun sighed and agreed to let them play, opting to join them in their circle but only to referee in case things got out of hand.

After a round of rock, paper, scissors, it was decided Jongin go first. He started without hesitation.

“Kris hyung, truth or dare?”

“Dare.” Jongin smirked.

“I dare you to kiss Yixing hyung. On the lips.”

“Are you kidding me?” Jongdae asked.

Kris looked over at Yixing who had a slight blush on his cheeks. He smiled softly before winking. Yixing laughed a little and crawled over to Kris. He whispered something in his ear and pulled back to look into Kris' eyes. The room was holding their breath. Kris leaned forward and kissed him for less than a second before moving back again.

A collective sigh and Jongdae, Chanyeol, and Jongin’s protests filled the room.

“You didn’t say what kind of kiss, Jongin. Chanyeol. Truth or dare?” Kris smirked.

Chanyeol blinked and said truth. He didn’t want to be dared to kiss anyone. Anyone besides Baekhyun anyway. Knowing these goons, he'd be forced to do something drastic like Minseok's face or something.

“Chicken!” Jongin laughed. Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at him.

“Is it true Baekhyun moans before he falls asleep? I’ve never bunked with him but some odd noises come out of your room at night.” Kris laughed as Baekhyun’s jaw dropped.

“Yes. But it’s cute. Like a little puppy.” He looked over at Baekhyun fondly, eyes bright. Baekhyun had a blush on his cheeks but he smiled at him, patting his cheek.

“We don’t have all night. Yeol, go!” Joonmyun huffed.

“Geez. Joonma gettin’ feisty. I thought you didn’t want to play?” Chanyeol pointed out.

“I don’t but you’re taking forever. No one wants to watch you and Baekhyun eyeing each other all night.” Joonmyun turned away from the group in mock disgust.

“Fine. Jongdae truth or dare?”

“Do you even have to ask? Dare.” He rolled his eyes.

“I dare you to kiss Joonmyun hyung on the lips for a full two minutes.” He smirked as Jongdae’s face dorpped.

“What?” Was the response from both Jongdae and Joonmyun.

“We’re playing the game you wanted to. You chose dare. Go kiss him.” Chanyeol’s eyes were twinkling with mirth.

“I’m not even playing! That’s not fair!” Joonmyun stated. Jongdae was gaping like a fish.

“Bunch of morons. Always daring to kiss each other. That’s why we never play this game.” Tao spoke low and Sehun laughed.

Kris chose that moment to grab Joonmyun’s wrist and pull him off the arm of the couch he’d been perched on, while Yixing pushed Jongdae across the floor out to the middle of their circle on the floor. He and Kris smiled to each other when they returned back to their spots.

Joonmyun and Jongdae were just staring at each other. Both of their faces were red, whether from embarrassment or anxiousness, no one knew but few had an idea.

“Well, uh, I guess we have to, huh Jongdae? They won’t let this slide I don’t think.” Joonmyun tried to make light of the situation.

“Uhm, yeah. Sure.” Jongdae said, clearing his throat.

Joonmyun, who hadn’t even been interested in the game before, began leaning forward. Jongdae placed his hands on either of Joonmyun’s shoulders and met him half way. Those who were watching were mildly amused. A few cat calls went around the room and before they knew it, the two minutes was up. Both pulled away breathing harder than they should have as they made eye contact. Before anyone could say anything, Jongdae stood and left the room. Joonmyun was staring after him but didn’t move. Minseok cleared his throat, bringing everyone's attention back to the circle.

"I think the game should end here." Luhan spoke as he began to stand, grabbing Sehun's hand in the process.

Jongin was just glad he didn’t get the chance to play. He knew Chanyeol would have done something like that to him as well. Then he thought back to their last bet and it scared him.

--

*Two weeks earlier*

“You know Jongin, maybe that bet wasn’t as bad as I thought it was.” Chanyeol grabbed Jongin into a headlock and ruffled his hair.

“Yeah whatever. You still owe me.” Jongin laughed.

“I’ll give you my first born.”

“Hyung. I don’t think Baek can have babies?”

“Exactly.” He laughed.

They kept wrestling until Kris walked in and asked them to stop. Yixing wasn’t feeling too good and them yelling wasn’t letting him get much sleep. The two separated and went towards the living room to play a new racing game someone got from a fan.

“You wanna make a new bet?” Chanyeol elbowed Jongin’s side when he sat down beside him.

“What kind?” He smirked.

“I bet there’s going to be another couple in the group really soon.” He laughed.

“Like who?” Jongin asked ask he crashed his car on screen into Chanyeol’s.

“I don’t know. I can kind of feel it. Oooo!” He cheered as he passed Jongin’s race car.

“I tried to tell you Kris hyung and Yixing hyung are going to get together!” Jongin stood as he became more excited about the game.

“I don’t think it’s going to be them next and we bet on that a month ago. I just think there is going to be a new couple.”

“Fine. I don’t think so but sure. Bet’s on.”

Chanyeol eyed Jongin for a second before asking, “How are things with Kyungsoo?”

“What do you mean? We’re good.” Jongin’s eyes didn’t leave the screen.

“You know what I mean. You haven’t confessed your undying love fo-” Chanyeol was shushed by Jongin’s hand going over his mouth, remote having been thrown across the room and forgotten.

“Shut. Your. Mouth.” Jongin seethed while Chanyeol laughed behind his hand.

And just like that, the new wager was set and a new game began.

--

*Present*

Everyone had gone their separate ways for the night. Jongdae never came out of his room and Joonmyun didn’t talk to anyone after the game. Chanyeol and Baekhyun went off to their room hand in hand; Kris carried a laughing Yixing to their room, and Minseok was just lying in the floor; Tao left for the kitchen while Luhan was sitting on Sehun’s lap on the couch, feeding him strawberries. Jongin and Kyungsoo had decided to just hang out in their room, not really ready to go to sleep just yet.

Jongin plopped down on Kyungsoo’s bed while the other was finishing the book from earlier. Kyungsoo reached out a hand and started carding his fingers through Jongin’s hair, not looking up from his book. Jongin smiled contently and scooted closer into Kyungsoo's side.

“Well that game was interesting, huh?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Mmm.” Jongin hummed.

Kyungsoo looked down at Jongin and smiled. “I didn’t think Joonmyun hyung would go for it to be honest.”

“No,” Jongin started. “I thought Jongdae would be all for it though.”

“Mmm. They’ll realize their feelings sooner or later.”

Jongin chose that moment to roll over on his back and he looked up at Kyungsoo who returned the gaze. They stared for a minute before Kyungsoo went back to his book and Jongin rose from the bed, not before giving Kyungsoo a kiss on the cheek as a goodnight. Kyungsoo giggled in response. Jongin smiled as he climbed in his own bed and turned over, falling asleep in no time.

--

It was September first and EXO just won their first Triple Crown on Inkigayo.

It was a long day and everyone was exhausted by the time they got back to the dorm around 1am. They all gathered in the living room for Joonmyun’s nightly pep talk.

“Okay everyone!” Joonmyun began with a tired smile. “Today was a great day. I’m really proud of you all. We’ve worked hard and we got our eleventh win and first Triple Crown.” A round of cheers went around the room.

“Like I said yesterday, even if we don’t win next week, don’t be ashamed or upset because there are other talented artists going against us. Just keep your head up and keep doing the best you can. As for today, we won. So, go do whatever you want tonight. We have a half day tomorrow at the company so make sure you don’t stay up too late.” He smiled, they said their “EXO, saranghaja,” and they split off to go to bed or to do whatever.

Kyungsoo burst through the door to their room with Jongin only a few steps behind. He closed the door and when he turned around, he was greeted with a smiling Kyungsoo who launched himself at the younger. They both laughed as Jongin caught Kyungsoo in his arms.

“We got a Triple Crown!” Kyungsoo beamed.

“I know!” Jongin laughed.

Kyungsoo was bouncing around in Jongin’s arms as the younger looked down at the older fondly. Kyungsoo stopped his bouncing long enough to reach up and kiss Jongin straight on the mouth before he went jumping towards the closet to change.

Jongin was frozen on the spot. He wasn’t breathing and his lips were tingling.

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked, waving his hand in front of the other’s face. “Are you okay?”

“Uhm, yeah. Goodnight Soo.” He said and he turned to open the door. He walked out and didn’t come back the rest of the night. He sat on the couch in the dim light of a table lamp across the room for quite a long time before Kyungsoo came out with his robe on and sat on the floor next to the younger, who was staring at the wall. The others having all gone to bed a bit earlier.

“I’m sorry. I-I shouldn’t have kissed you. I was just excited.” Kyungsoo’s voice was almost a whisper though Jongin heard him loud and clear. He reached down and found Kyungsoo’s face. He cupped his cheek and rubbed small circles with his thumb. Kyungsoo leaned into his touch.

The room was quiet for a long while before Jongin looked down at the boy on the floor. Kyungsoo could feel Jongin’s eyes on him and looked up. He felt bad for what he did.

“Come here.” Jongin held out his arms, inviting the smaller into his embrace. Kyungsoo stood and placed himself on Jongin’s lap, resting his head on Jongin's shoulder.

The two stayed like that until Yixing got up and walked towards to the kitchen. As he passed through the living room he noticed the coup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter