Seducing Antagonist

Estranged

Chanyeol woke up, he was not sure where he was, whether he was fine or not, but he started to yell for the girl.

‘Cara, where is Cara?!’

Kai and Lay looked at each other.

‘Cara?’ Lay asked.

Chanyeol looked around, he was at the Exo house, in the little nursery room it contained. They were almost never here, because it was hard to get sick with Lay around, but now they were. Probably hiding from the others. Chanyeol sighed.

‘Cara, it was the girl who was with me.’

‘Who is she?’

Chanyeol thought quickly, who was she, what didn’t make them suspect something?

‘She’s… Family of mine.’

‘I didn’t know your family still wanted to be around you?’ Kai asked, while thinking deeply.

‘Me neither, but she came to search for me one day, and now we sometimes have contact like this.’

Lay nodded, ‘I see. Well, we won’t tell the leaders, but if I catch you again, I don’t know whether I’ll promise the same thing.’

Chanyeol smiled brightly, ‘thank you.’

Then, all of a sudden, his face changed. Like he remembered something very important. He snapped his fingers, concentrating on them. A little fire appeared.

‘That bastard lied.’ Chanyeol sighed.

‘What are you talking about?’ Kai asked.

Chanyeol shook his head, ‘nothing, I need to get to Tao right now.’

Chanyeol was about to stand up, but Lay stopped him.

‘No way, sir. You’re not going anywhere, you’ll sleep all night, and I will personally keep an eye on you to make sure you do.’

Chanyeol sighed, ‘okay, but I’m allowed to do what I want to do tomorrow, right?’

Lay smiled, relieved about Chanyeol actually listening to him for once, ‘yup, but now you need to sleep.’

Chanyeol closed his eyes and tried to sleep some more.

 

Someone that was calling my name, but who? Was it Chanyeol? I sneaked outside, trying not to wake Momo. I peeked around the corner of the cave, where the noise was coming from. Although it was dark, I could see it wasn’t Chanyeol who was calling for me. The silhouette didn’t match. I stared at it some more. I had seen this body before. It couldn’t be… Was it the disappearing boy? How did he find out my name? And what was he doing here? I was hesitating, would I go and talk to him, or not? He could tell me how Chanyeol was doing now, but I was sure he was fine so that wasn’t really necessary. I doubted and doubted, but my curiosity was killing me. He stopped calling my name and seemed to look around one last time. I could hear him sigh.

‘I knew this was useless.’

Think Cara, think. He will disappear any second now. What am I going to do?

‘No, wait!’ a voice yelled.

It was me. I startled myself by my own voice. And the loudness of it.

I sighed, okay, let’s go for it, ‘what is going on? What do you need from me?’

I walked towards the silhouette.

He looked at me, smiling bright, ‘I knew you hadn’t left yet.’

‘What are you doing over here?’

‘I wanted to see you one last time.’ He looked at me, studied me, ‘so you’re family of that lousy fireball.’

It wasn’t a question, it was more like an observation. I immediately knew what was going on, Chanyeol had told them I was family. Smart.

I nodded, ‘yes, I am.’

The disappearing boy however, shook his head.

‘No, you aren’t. You’re way too pretty to be a family member of him.’

I looked at him, there wasn’t enough light for him to be able to see my expression, but I must have looked quite shocked.

‘Excuse me?’

‘Yeah, you’re pretty. Prettier than the average girls here. Maybe even prettier than the most pretty ones.’

He said it so nonchalantly. Was he trying to hit on me or something? I decided to give him a meaningful glare, but he wasn’t looking at me anymore. He was looking at his shoes, he seemed a bit nervous and, even though I really didn’t want to think that way, in the beautiful light of the full moon, he managed to give himself a little glow of adorableness, like a young puppy.

‘What is it that you came for?’ I asked him.

He kept looking down, ‘nothing, I just wanted to see you again. You know, I don’t get to talk to many different people, so I thought I’d take my chance right now.’

‘But, you save things, right? You don’t get to speak to anyone?’

He shook his head. ‘We’re not allowed to do so, not until Chanyeol gets to finish his studies and becomes a real master. If he ever will.’

I looked down and almost started to tear up, ‘he won’t.’

Now he looked up, ‘what are you talking about?’

I now realized it. We’ve worked so hard, and it had all been for nothing. Nothing at all. The water in my eye got too much for gravity to handle and a tear strolled down my face. I looked down this time, trying to hide my face. I took a deep breath and did my best not to sound like I was crying.

‘His time is up, his birthday is over. He won’t become a master. Never.’

The disappear boy  still seemed not to understand what Cara was talking about.

‘What do you mean? Yeah, his birthday passed, so what?’

Didn’t he know how old Chanyeol had become? Was he really this uninterested in Chanyeol? I thought they were like brothers towards each other!

‘He turned 22!’

‘Yes, I know, so what’s the big deal? Are you feeling old yourself knowing your brother is 22 already?’

Was he freaking kidding me?

’22, that means he will never become a master nor is he able to use his powers ever again.’

‘What? No?’

I looked up, totally flabbergasted, my face still wet because of the tears.

‘You mean that…?’

He nodded, ‘listen, if you think he would lose his powers at 22, you’re wrong. I don’t know who told you that, but that’s not true. Not as far as I know, at least. And I know a great deal about what’s going on so,’ he shrugged, ‘I guess it wouldn’t be a bad idea to believe me.’

I felt the urge to hug him, but managed to get rid of that strange feeling after clearing my throat. He looked at me, only to sigh. He took his shirt and ripped off a piece.

He startled me, ‘what are you doing?’

I swore that I could see a slight smile on his by moonlight led face, ‘you messed up your face for that clown.’

He started to pat the piece of shirt on my face, cleaning my face from my tears. I didn’t try to stop him, nor did I want him to continue. I just stood there. Not daring to make a move. I looked at his face, god, it was perfect. There was literally not a spot I could find, just like Chanyeol’s. The disappear-boy’s jawline was better than that of Chanyeol. It was so sharp, so y. He was also slightly more tanned than Chanyeol, but his tan made him even ier. He was smoking hot, I couldn’t deny that, and such a hot boy coming this close, makes every girl stop breathing. Even if she wasn’t sure whether she would ever be able to love again. Therefore, he made my heart flutter a little. He handed me the piece of cloth and I managed to breathe again.

‘There you are, you look better now. Never let your face go like this again because of your brother.’

I nodded, not so much because I actually meant to promise him, but because I didn’t know what else to do. Why was he so damn gorgeous and why was he still here anyway? I sat down in the grass.

‘What’s your name anyway?’ I asked him.

The boy frowned, confused, ‘you don’t know? You’ve seen my power, right?’

‘Yeah, I guess Chanyeol has mentioned you, but I can’t match your name to your power, I’m sorry.’

‘You’re… Sorry? Listen, we are all known worldwide. We protect everything and everyone. And you don’t know who I am?’

He sounded very vicious, I swallowed my fear away. Fear of being found out. I had no idea how I was supposed to save myself out of this mess.

‘I… I’m very poor, we poor people don’t get to know about the great things you do.’

Shaking his head, he said, ‘nonsense. Chanyeol is from a very rich family, who abandoned him in favour of the world.’

I started to stammer, ‘I… I… I was abandoned too!’

The boy laid down in the grass, putting his hands behind his head, ‘oh, really? Why then?’

‘Ehm…’

He slyly smiled, ‘I believe you aren’t who you and Chanyeol say you are.’

Oh god. This was wrong. This was so terribly wrong.

‘No, I am his sister, really!’

‘Okay, where did you used to live?’

I had no clue, there was no way I could still save myself now. I stood up and just ran away. As fast as I could. The boy started to yell at me, but I didn’t look behind me. Not that there was any need to, because suddenly I crashed into him and we both fell on the ground. He had appeared right in front of me, out of nothing but air. In the heat of the moment, I totally forgot about the fact that he was able to do that. Which was incredibly stupid of me, of course.

He quickly got up and put up his arrogant smile again, ‘you could have known that running away wasn’t going to work.’

I managed to get up and moved my shoulder blade, I actually hit the ground kind of hard.

‘So, who are you?’

I snorted, ‘you first.’

‘Good,’ he sighed, ‘actually you should know this already, this is basic knowledge. But I’m Kai, there you go.’ He looked me in the eyes. ‘Your turn.’

I shrugged, ‘You already knew this, but I’m Cara, nice to meet you.’

His voice turned grim, ‘you know damn well that this is not what I mean.’

‘You asked me who I was, I answered. Fair enough,’ I said, quite satisfied actually. This has been a smart move, although I said it myself.

He grabbed my shirt and even in the moonlight, I could spot the dangerous sparkle in his eyes, ‘listen to me, you’re going to tell me who you are, in all the details, and I promise that I might be able to keep quiet towards the leaders about you even being here in the first place.’

Maybe this wasn’t a smart move. I had to think of something, but I decided to buy some time first.

I managed to look back as dangerous as he did, ‘you… Might?’

He sighed and let go of my shirt, ‘I will. Are you happy now? I will.’

‘Let’s start then,’ I gave him a faint smile.

I had lied before, but that was towards ugly and old government staff, looking at his brown, puppy-like eyes, it was hard to concentrate on what I was lying about.

‘Honestly, I… I don’t remember who I am. I just woke up here one day, and Chanyeol took care of me. I have nowhere to go, so Chanyeol said it was okay to stay here for a little longer.’

Well, that was actually quite close to the truth. I was proud of myself.

He nodded, ‘I see. Are you and Chanyeol…?’

‘Together? Like, in love?’ I looked down, no I don’t think so.’

‘I actually meant whether you two are performing the act of mating together.’

The way he stated it, so nonchalant.

I turned red, my eyes widened, ‘wh- what?? No, we don’t! We’re friends, we don’t do those kind of things.’

He shrugs, ‘so are me and Kyungsoo. And Luhan and Sehun. Tao and Kris. And maybe Chanyeol and Chen, but I’m not sure about those two. We suspect them of doing so, though.’

I shook my head and turned my head, ‘I really don’t want to know about this.’

Then I reconsidered, did they make love the same way homo sapiens do?

I took a deep breath and tried not to pay attention to my glowing cheeks, I looked back at him, ‘but you can’t get a baby, right?’

He laughed, ‘no, I can’t. So what? It’s against the rules for me to gain a female to perform the act with, not even for fun, therefore, a guy will do.’ He bit his lips, ‘I want to try a female one day, though. Just to know whether it is… Different.’

I tilted my head and frowned. Awkwardly, I cleared my throat. ‘I… I understand that… I guess. It must be hard for you guys to not be able to-’

I wasn’t able to find any good words.

‘To reproduce, yeah, it’s a bummer really. It’s sad that we aren’t allowed any females. Any fun.’ Kai ended my sentence.

I nodded again. I wanted to go back to my cave, back to Momo. I didn’t feel comfortable with this guy. What did he want from me anyway?

 He looked at me. Why didn’t he look away? Or, even better, just go away? I didn’t get it. What was he doing here?

‘You’re really pretty.’ He smiled, he seemed to be careful not to smile too much.

I would have found it really cute if he hadn’t mentioned the ‘I want to try a female’ part of his life story. I politely shook my head. ‘I’m not, really, I’m not.’

He shook his head, violently almost. ‘Do you know what other females look like? Compared to them, you’re a goddess! Your beauty is out of this world!’

Out of this world. My breathing stopped for a little second and I must have turned really pale, because Kai looked at me, rather concerned.

‘Are you okay?’ he asked. ‘Did I say something wrong? I’m sorry if I did, I’m not that good with people, I-‘

I faintly smiled. ‘No, don’t worry, it’s okay really!’

He frowned. ‘Are you sure?’

I nodded.

It all went really slow over here.

He cupped his hands around my face.

His glance was sliding over my face, looking at each detail, each little thing.

‘What are you doing?’ I asked him, rather startled.

‘Investigating,’ he replied.

His face came closer to mine, I could feel his breath tingling on my skin.

Mixed with the feeling of his eyes.

I couldn’t help but chuckle out of pure nervousness.

‘What are you investigating?’

‘Whether you’re okay. And real.’

‘What, I’m-‘

There was no time to finish my sentence.

Something shut me up.

Something I did not expect to shut me up.

It were his soft lips on mine.

I couldn’t process it at first, and was just staring at the woods behind him, my eyes open wide.

Then I felt the warmth of his mouth. The softness of his lips. And slowly, I closed my eyes.

The first thing that went through my mind was, ‘so they do kiss over here!’, the second ‘what am I doing?’ and the third one was explaining me that I should just endure this.

He had never kissed a female before, right? I could give him his fun for once, and then we’d never talk about it again. He wasn’t a bad kisser either, so I didn’t mind it that much. Of course, it wasn’t as good as Custos’, and I felt bad for not pulling back. But, I didn’t start the kiss, Kai did. And, well, it was for a good cause, in the end.

After what felt like a century, Kai broke the kiss. His eyes were still closed and he was grinning widely while he pulled back.

‘Wow. That felt great.’

I nodded, ‘good. I thought so too.’

I was not sure whether to be cold or warm towards him.

Kai opened his eyes and looked around. His eyes stopped and his larky face turned into a shocked one. The next thing I know, was that Kai was no longer in front of me. He had disappeared. For two seconds, I could still feel his hands around my face, although they were gone.

I shook my head and looked up too.

Then, my eyes widened.

Now I knew why Kai had disappeared.

Now I wish I could do so too.

 


 

Hello there!

 

Long time, no see, I'm really sorry... I've just been so incredibly busy lately... Anyway, here's another chapter! I hope you all like it! Please tell me what you all think so far, I'd really appreciate it!

 

Also, the picture that helped me writing this chapter~ I'll give it to you because you all had to wait so long! 

There you go~ Well guys, I'm off to bed! Hope you enjoy! ^^

 

Love, 

CNBlueBird

 

PS. Sorry for eventual mistakes, I haven't done a proofread yet, I'll do so later, promise~