Contigo En La Distancia

War of love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WOL (MOON) MANSION.

 

“It feels so good to eat breakfast as whole family isn’t it?” Jinah, Jinri’s mother said while happily looked at her only daughter and son.

 

“Jinah… you said it like its been years we gather like this… while in fact we gather like this every weekend.” Jongwoon said to his wife while never take his attention away from the newspaper.

 

She looked at him before snatching the newspaper. “You can read this later honey… now its time for family…”

 

He rose up his hands admitting defeat and started to eat his breakfast.

 

Jinri smiled at the scene. If only her father can be like this too to Minho’s father. Then, everything will be settled.

 

“Omma can be scary sometimes… don’t you think Jinri?” her oppa, Heechul quietly whisper to her.

 

Jinri nodded and giggled at the same time.

 

“What you kids whispering about huh?” their omma asked curiously.

 

“Its nothing omma… I just share some stupid joke with Jinri…” Heechul quickly answer her.

 

Jinri look down at her plate while holding herself from laughing. She feels so happy to be with her family but she misses her husband so much. They had been married for three months already and the secret are still safe until now.

 

‘What could Minho be doing right now? Having breakfast with his family too?’ she thought.

 

It had been 24 hours they are away from each other since both of them will spend weekends at their family house. She longed to be in his arm again. Fortunately, Jinri and Minho had been living outside their family house ever since they started their university life, so their parents never suspect anything.

 

However, the thought of what her father will do if he comes upon the fact that she had been living with Minho make her inner self cringe in fear. Her father can do something bad if something is not to his liking and Minho is one of it, making her worried of his safety.

 

Unlike her father, Minho’s father Minjoon, are more approachable with his wise thinking. Her father more to attack and crush anything that came in his way while his father use his wise thinking to solve or avoid the problem. In their family situation, his father take the avoid measure to slow down the war.

 

Jinri snickered sarcastically inside her head thinking the reasons of this long time war. A love triangle between their ancestors that happened a few centuries ago. From her father’s story, Minho’s ancestor elopes with the lady that was supposed to marry their family ancestor on the wedding day which is an insult and humiliate to their family. Love really has a big impact… if love is the reason of this feud between the families, then love will be the reason to stop it too.

 

Her long thought was interrupted by her mother voice.

 

“Jinri ah~ you seems to eat more nowadays… its pretty hard to see you finish a plate of meal before… it’s a good thing though…” her mother said while pouring some more juice to her father.

 

“No it’s not omma… Jinri will get fat…” Heechul said teasingly.

 

Jinri slap his arm while Jinah glare at him warningly.

 

“It was just a joke guys…” he laughed nervously. “I’m full already…” he said before stand up from his sit and went away.

 

Jinri giggled softly and was about to leave the dining table too when her father spoke up.

 

“Jinri… have you thought about working in the company? Its been months since you graduated…” Jongwoon looked at her.

 

Jinri sighed. She knows this will come. “Appa… you know my passion in designing… I’ve give in to your request all this years and took business course as my major instead of taking designing course… cant you give in to my little request this time?” She braves herself and pleads to her hot tempered father.

 

Her father sighed after a long silence. “Fine… I will compromise with you since you’ve been a filial daughter  following my request all this years… we’ve got Heechul to manage the company after all…” he turned his gaze and smiled at his wife.

 

Jinri felt relieve that her father willing to compromise but felt a pang of guilt hearing his remark on her being a filial daughter. ‘If only you knew appa… your filial daughter had gone against you by marrying your enemy’s son.’

 

“Maybe I should build a boutique for you so you can start your own design brand already.” He told her.

 

She heard her mother agreeing to his suggestion. “Its ok appa… I want to start from scratch… I want to prove to myself and other people that I can do it without using your wealth appa… I want to be independent and work hard like Amber eonnie…” she said while her mind imagining how Minho independently work hard in order to give her a comfortable life.

 

‘Sorry Amber eonnie… I have to use your name instead of Minho… you don’t mind right? Kekeke~’ she giggled in her mind.

 

“Ah~ how is she? It had been long since I last met her at the boutique… maybe we should invite her and her husband for a dinner sometimes…” Her mother happily said to her father.

 

Jongwoon just nodded before sipping his juice.

 

“She’s fine omma… Amber eonnie and Key oppa are expecting their first baby in 4 months time…” she told her.

 

“Really? That’s good to hear…” Jinah smiled.

 

Her father nodded again. “By the way, if you really want to do it your way, then I had no choice than letting you be. When I think again, what you said are right… being rich doesn’t mean you don’t have to work hard… you had grown up to be a mature and pretty young lady Jinri… making me proud of you.” He smiled lovingly at his one and only daughter.

 

There! Another pang of guilt hit her heart. ‘You won’t say that if you knew what had I done appa… but I never regret marrying Minho… I love him… can you spare and accept him appa? Can you give in and end our family feud?’ she thought.

 

 

 

 

 

SOL (SUN) MANSION.

 

“This is heaven mom…” Minho said while savouring his mother tasty Korean pancake.

 

His mother Songyi smiled. “That is why you should come home and stay here rather than staying outside…”

 

‘If I brought Jinri with me would you be surprise mom?’ he thought.

 

His father Minjoon chuckled lightly. “Songyi ah~ our son wants to be independent and responsible young man… he wouldn’t know how independent life is if he’s stuck in here…” he embraced her shoulder.

 

“Fine…” she pouted before chuckling.

 

Minho smile at the cute view. After almost thirty years being married, his parents love never fades out. He was hoping the same thing will occur to him and Jinri too…

 

“He is independent… and well planned man too dad… my friend who works at real estate firm saw him a few days ago surveying property…” his hyung, Minseok told his father.

 

Minjoon turn to look at him with curious eyes. “You do? You’ve been saving a lot all this times huh…”

 

Minho chuckled nervously. “I’m just walking around dad… not a serious buyer…”

 

“From what I heard you almost seal the deal but request some time to think after you made some call…” Minseok said still not believing him.

 

Minho is cursing his hyung friend in his head. That whoever friend of Minseok will make his big secret burst out before its time.

 

“Not a serious buyer?”Songyi raised her eyebrow while smiling teasingly.

 

Minho chuckled to hide his nervousness. “uh huh… I will buy it already if I’m a serious buyer mom…”

 

“Or girlfriend not fond of that place?” his father join team with his mom.

 

Minho started fidgeting on his seat. Trouble is coming…

 

From the corner of his eyes he saw his hyung excuse himself while talking on the phone leaving him to be interrogated by his parent.

 

“I don’t have girlfriend… mom, dad…” he grinned boyishly at them. It is true… he has no girlfriend but he has a wife.

 

Minjoon smiled teasingly as his eyes move to Minho’s neck. “That ring pendant look soooo~ couplish to me…” he said referring to Minho’s necklace pendant.

 

“And that love mark looks pretty new to me…” Songyi add to the teasing.

 

Minho look at his necklace and collarbone… there is love mark there… he blame himself for wearing a low v neck t-shirt. Why of all day?

 

He and Jinri decided to wear their wedding ring as a pendant instead of wearing it on their finger to avoid their parents from knowing but he just got caught.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter