Chapter 6: The warrior and the dancer

Soul's mate

She lived her life to dance… she was what she had always dreamt of since she was young, a geisha… she doesn’t care if they think she was bad woman… she doesn’t live by any rules. She had no time for love, for her it was just an obstruction for her dreams.

He was a famed general of the Shinsengumi. He was raised to follow rules… he was raised to be a killing machine working for the government. He had no capability to love or rather he never wanted to.

So what was he doing in the red light district smiling at the pretty geisha? Why was his heart beating fast whenever she is with him? Why does being together make him feel complete?

The boy contemplated and a smile from the geisha made him decide that whenever they are together, he would simply throw all the caution to the wind. They were together… he was not the Shinsengumi general… she’s not the most favored geisha in the district. They were just a boy and a girl who fell in love with each other.

Changed by love, the girl agreed to leave with the general and be his wife. She no longer wanted the fame of being the best dancer; all she wanted was to live with the boy she loves. The boy decided to resign his post as a general of the famed Shinsengumi and live at the countryside with the one he loves.

On his way back, he found smoke and flames coming out of the Okiya where his beloved geisha was staying. They were supposed to meet after she resigns so they can start their travel to their new life. The boy cannot get the dreadful feeling out of his chest as he ran to search for his beloved while the townspeople were putting the fire out.

It was too late… she was lying lifeless on the floor, a scar on her beautiful face… pools of her blood around her like bloodied wings… on her stomach lies a letter addressed to the Shinsengumi general.

He cried with anguish as his eyes found the travel cases near the door. She must have been waiting to meet with him when the rouge samurais found her. 

After the funeral, the former Shinsengumi general lived his life searching for his beloved’s murderers. On the final battle, the boy died along with the person who plotted his beloved’s death.