Chapter 2: A sad love affair

Soul's mate

“Please go before father sees you… he’ll kill you if he does.”

“I will not leave you alone. I can’t let you get married to that man.”

A girl wearing a Victorian dress was coaxing the one she loves out of their secret meeting place. The girl was the daughter of an earl. The boy was the son of the gardener who takes care of the lady’s beloved roses.

“I do not want this any better than you my love but I’d rather marry him than let anything happen to you.”

“Come with me… I can’t give you all the riches but I assure you that I will do all that I can to make you happy.”

A tear escaped the girl’s eyes and she took the extended hand of her beloved. They haven’t gone very far when the earl’s guards caught up with them…

The sound of a gunshot echoed in the silence of the night and at the ground lay the lifeless body of the boy who took the shot for his beloved.

“Don’t leave me... please… you said you’ll make me happy! If you want me to be happy then don't leave me!”

“I’m sorry love… I promise to make it up to you.. when we meet again... ”

A on the girl’s cheek and the boy breathed his last. She was forcibly taken away from her dead lover’s body and brought back to the mansion.

She was married the day after but her heart belonged to none other than her dead beloved. A few months later…she took her own life.

“Wait for me my beloved… we shall meet again.”