Who's Stopping Us?

Who's Stopping Us?

Hey guys! So here is my first story, on this website anyways. Just a fluffy little one shot. Hope ya'll like it~

 

Valentine’s Day. The fourteenth of February. The day where stores vomit pink, chocolate, and teddy bears. Lots of teddy bears. The day where confessions of the heart take place more than any other time of the year. The day where couples are overly sweet and lovey dovey. The day where those who are single despised more than being on jury duty. The day where I should be out and about looking for somebody or something to share my loneliness with, whether it is a person or a bottle of the cheapest alcohol I can find. But instead here I am, sitting in an uncomfortable position with a sobbing boy practically in my lap that is either trying to hug me or strangle the life out. I’m not quite sure which but I’m hoping it is the first one.

How exactly did I get into this situation you may be asking? Well it really is quite simple. I woke up today thinking hurray its Valentine’s Day the day where I can celebrate my lasting loneliness. So with as much joy as a dying bird I fluttered about in my bed trying to decide if it was even worth getting out of bed. When a bang on my door made the decision for me. I decide to go investigate who was knocking on my door on such a miserable day. Once I twisted the knob the door busted open and my friend Chen tackled me to the floor and proceed to sob uncontrollable on my pajamas. That is how my friends I ended up with a sobbing boy on me.

Being the amazing and loving friend that I am I decided to ask why exactly he was sobbing as if someone told her ice cream was being discontinued.  “Chen, what’s wrong?”

But Chen was having none of that; he just continued his sobbing and tightening his hold around me. At this point I was a bit worried. Chen was the type of boy who would cry at anything remotely sad, so seeing him cry was normal but he would always at least tell me why he was crying.

“Chen Chen?” I tried to coax him into looking at me but he simply refused. I whispered softly into his hair, “please Chen, tell me what’s wrong. I can’t fix it if I don’t know what’s wrong.” He tensed up and stayed still for what seemed like days. “Chen please jus-,”

“Umin hyung,” he croaked my name before I could finish my plea.

“Yeah,” I lamely replied.

“Xiumin hyung I’m such an idiot.”

I blinked, “What? Chen you’re not an idiot, sure you aren’t exactly the human races’ pride and joy but you aren’t part of the rejection pile either.”

“No, Hyung I’m such an idiot,” he sniffled, “I am possible one of the biggest mistakes in the human race.”

It hurt. It hurt to see Chen talk like that about himself. “Chen Chen, please stop. Just tell me what’s wrong.”

“Hyung he was cheating on me.” That was all he was able to whisper before he started with the water works again.

“He what?!” I cried. “Chen, please tell me you are not crying over an who does not deserve you!” I couldn’t believe it. Chen, he’s a boy who did everything to make that brat of a boyfriend happy. He changed the way he dressed and the way he spoke. For the love of everything unholy he even learned how to cook for him! This was a boy who didn’t know the difference between salt and pepper! He did everything for him and he has the guts to cheat on him?! I simply couldn’t believe it. This boy was amazing. He always put everyone before himself. He loved and cared for everyone. Even a sarcastic jerk like myself.

“Chen Chen, you such an amazing person. He didn’t deserve you! All he deserves is a one way ticket to an erupting volcano filled with lava that will slowly burn him, but he will never be able to die because he will be able to regenerate and he will forever burn in agony!”

For the duration of my amazing speech on how the will suffer Chen sat in my lap using my pajama shirt to dry his eyes. After my little rant however he bursted again. But this time with laughter.

“Xiumin hyung thanks. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

“You would cry so much your body would become dehydrated and then you would die,” I replied with a cheeky smile.

Chen stood up and pushed me over, “gee thanks jerk for forever saving me from a horrible death.” He flopped down onto my bed, his Hershey chocolate eyes puffy and slightly red stared at my ceiling. I got up off the floor and threw myself next to him. He turned to face me and gave me a tired smile.

“Hey, shall we watch a horror murder flick so you can laugh at others pain and misery?” I asked him in my finest southern drawl with a small smirk painted on my face.

“My, my Sir,” he replies with his own southern belle accent, “you have such a wonderful way to woo people. I must say your charm must be envied by the finest men. How is it that you are still not attached my good Sir?”

 I freeze and my smirk fades from view. I roll away from him and go to my shelf to grab a movie feeling his curious eyes on me the whole time.

“Hyung?”

“Well you see Darlin’,” I start up once more as I put the movie in the DVD player, “there is this boy who just loves to come around here and scare all the other lovely people away. Really, I have no idea what to do.  With him around I’m afraid I shall never be able to snag me someone to be my wife.” I end my little speech with a hand to my forehead and a “woe is me,” when a pillow is thrown at my face.

“Well then that boy must be prettier than a glass of lemonade on a hot summer’s day, right?” He asks as he looks at me with another pillow in hand ready to be thrown the moment he receives an unsatisfactory answer.

“Oh look,” I say as I push play on the DVD player, “the movie started.” I turn back to my bed and throw myself next to Chen leaving the first pillow that met my face on the floor.

But I guess Chen deemed this an unsatisfactory answer because next thing I know I have a face full of pillow and a command to “Go make some popcorn.”

Sighing I get up and head out of my room to my small kitchen. Grabbing the popcorn out of the cabinet I throw it in the microwave and let my mind drift off. Chen is such an idiot sometimes.  Why can’t he find someone who will take care of him and treasure him. He always goes off and supposedly finds Mr. Prince Charming. But it is pretty obvious to anyone who isn’t love struck that Prince Charming is really King . Sure he has dated the occasional nice guy but I can’t help but think he could do better. If he just opened his eyes and looked righ-

BEEP BEEP!

The microwave stops my thoughts announcing that the popcorn is finally burnt to perfection.

“Crap.” I sigh out as I grab the bag of popcorn and throw it in the dustbin. “No way in hell Chen would touch that,” I say to myself. Letting out another heavy sigh I go back to my cabinets only to find that the burnt bag I threw away was the last bag I had. Rolling my eyes mentally I decide to just go out and buy some more since Chen would just end up whining the whole day away because he didn’t get his popcorn.

Sneaking back into my room to grab my shoes, Chen is way into the movie to notice me crawling on the floor. Finally grabbing them I go back out and slip them on grabbing my keys and wallet before slipping out the door.

As soon as I step out my door I’m reminded why I hate Valentine’s Day. Couples walking down the street looking lovingly into each other’s eyes and just being all over each other. Sighing mentally I play Frogger with all the couples and finally make it to the small grocery store.

Walking down the aisle I freeze when I notice a couple each other’s faces off right next to the popcorn. Of course this would happen to me. Awkwardly shuffling forward I mutter an, “excuse me.” The couple seemed to decide it was time for air and moved out of the way. That was when I got a good luck at the couple. The boy was pretty, by puppy standards. And looked extremely ditzy. Looking at the other guy I feel like someone just punched my gut. It was him. Chen’s ex Mr. Prince Charming, Suho.

Next thing I know the box of popcorn I had in my hand was on the floor and my fist was connecting to Prince Charming’s face.

“You ! What the hell!” He cried as he clutched his nose.

“Ohmuhgawd!” Charming’s make out buddy screamed about ten seconds late. “You broke his nose!”

Grabbing the popcorn box off of the floor, I go up to Charming again.

“That’s for Chen you .” I hiss.

Then I turn and walk to the checkout line, faintly making out Suho's whines to his makeout partner Chip? Dorito? Lay? one of those to go find him some tissues, but once I place the box down I see its dented and slightly crushed. Looking at the cashier I give her a small smile and say, “never mind its fine he doesn’t  need popcorn.”

“Are you sure Sir? It is Valentine’s Day, you shouldn’t disappoint your boyfriend today.”

But I’m already making my way to the exit. Walking down the street back to my apartment I just think about what I did. Chen is going to kill you. Was the only thought in my mind. Not the possibility that I might get arrested but the thought of Chen knowing I just punched his ex in the face and didn’t bring back popcorn was what really was worrying me.

“God, what’s wrong with me.” I mutter before opening the door to my apartment.

“Hey Chen Chen,” I yell out hoping he didn’t notice that I was gone for the last hour or so.

When I receive no reply I go into my bedroom and I see him curled up like a child on my bed crying his eyes out.

I practically run over to him and pick him up placing him in my lap. Rubbing small circles on his back I just rock him back and forth.

“It’s okay Chen Chen, just let it all out.”

After a while he finally stops.  Climbing out of my lap he lays down and rolls onto his side. Tugging on my shirt as a sign that he wants me to lay down too I kick off my shoes and make myself comfortable. Closing my eyes I feel his stare on me. Deciding to break the silence I ask him, “Find out the secrets of the world yet Chen Chen?”

“Nope, but I did think of something else,” he replied.

“What’s that?”

“I’ve been thinking.”

“Well really? Careful you just lost a lot of water.”

“Shut up!” he squealed as he gave me a playful slap on my arm. “Anyways I’ve been thinking that this is nice.”

“What’s nice?” I asked rather confused.

“This. You, me just here enjoying each others presence,” he pauses then wraps his fingers around my wrist, “every time I break up with someone or just start crying I always know you will be there to cheer me up. I know that after I’m done crying we can just stay and enjoy each other’s presence. I think why? Why can’t it be like this all the time? Just me and you”

I stay silent and just look into his eyes for a second then look down at his hand clutching my wrist. I think back to all the times he has come to me for comfort and all the times someone has mistaken us as a couple. I think about how I’m still single and how every time I meet someone all I seem to think about is Chen. That’s when I know. I know why. And it was now or never.

So I move the wrist he’s holding and slip my hand into his. Looking him straight in the eyes I whisper, “who’s stopping us?”

  

 

 

So what did you think? Leave a comment if you guys would like to see maybe a part two :) thanks for reading