2. || Not Okay

Safest Place To Hide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

★ || 2 || ★

Selene woke up the next morning trying hard to forget what happened the previous night. She looked over to her side but Youngwoon was no longer in bed. Where did he take off so early? She rubbed her face stumbling into the bathroom to wash herself and get ready for another day in the office, but before she was going to, she woke up little Nora to prepare her for school. After she awaken her she went into the kitchen to make some breakfast for the still sleepy girl who was taking small bites taking her time to work the breakfast down into her tummy. When Nora had enough, Selene washed up Nora and dressed her up in a cute dress and braid her hair. “Auntie, don't forget I have ballet class today” Nora reminded Selene not wanting to miss one second of her class. Selene smiled holding Nora's jacket in front of her niece for her to snake her arms through the sleeves. “Of course I won't forget, auntie promises to be there on time” and she zipped the jacket and prepared her for the chilly autumn weather outside.

After Selene threw on her jacket she took Nora outside to the car to drop her off. “Auntie will be here at 3 sharp” Selene promised as she smiled at her little niece who looked extremely cute today. Nora smiled from one ear to the other happy about what she just heard. “Okay” and wrapped her arms around Selene's neck. “Love you”. Selene gave her little niece a big kiss .”I love you too sweetie pie. Be nice to your teacher okay?”. Nora nodded. “I will. Bye” and waved at her aunt while she walked into the school building. Selene didn't leave the property until she was sure the little girl made it in safe. Short after the little girl disappeared into the school building Selene checked her watch and noticed she was now nearly running late for work. She turned around thinking she could make it back to the car fast again, but no.

 

Without paying attention she bumped into a young man wearing broken white winter coat and red brownish checkered pattern scarf with a little girl on his hand who started to giggle as she watched Selene her car keys fall to the brick sidewalk under their feet. Both Selene and the young man went through their knees at the same time grabbing the keys. A little dazed and bewildered Selene smiled at the young man who handed her the car keys with such a warm smile on his face. “I am so so sorry” she apologised ready to mentally facepalm herself. The young man shook his head. “Don't mention it”. Awkwardly Selene took the keys from the stranger and rushed to her car to get in. Both the girl and the young man turned around looking at Selene getting in and taking off. He shook his head and turned to the little girl holding his hand. “Noona looked confused” the little girl with the pigtails mumbled while he took her into the school building. “I think she was in a hurry” he replied looking back once more and disappeared into the building with the little girl on his hand.
 

Still bewildered of earlier, Selene arrived at the office checking herself in with her special security card and took the elevator stopping at the 7th floor where her desk was and grabbed herself some coffee on her way to the desk. A day in the office won't start right without having some coffee in your system. As soon as she walked over to her desk she noticed her colleague and best friend Minah talking to the guy from earlier. That same good looking young man she met in the elevator yesterday. Selene just barely had her jacket off and got introduced to the young man. “Selene, this is our new floor manager Mr Lee” and Minah introduced them to one another. “Please don't call me Mr Lee” he smiled at the two of them. “Call me Jonghyun when you need anything. It will make me feel old if you say Mr Lee”. Selene just blinked her eyes wondering what such a young man was doing at an office like theirs. He looked so handsome, well groomed and sharp in his suit he could be a model for Calvin Klein or something. Minah gestured Selene with her eyes to kill the silence and say something to their new manager. “It's nice to meet you” and shook Jonghyun's hand. “I am Selene”.
 

Not much was needed to make her blush so she did it again. Whenever a good looking man like him would even look at her she would blush. Trying not to get noticed she sat down at her desk trying to hide she was blushing in the first place. Minah chuckled and knew her better than that. “It was nice to meet you Selene” and looked at both Minah and her. “If you need anything I'll be right in the office okay?” Minah and Selene both nodded in union. Just when Jonghyun left into his office Minah bursted out in laughter. “Do you have a death wish?” Selene threatened her best friend knowing exactly what this was all about. “I understand why” Minah sing songed walking to her own desk. “He's very handsome and y too”. Selene who just took a sip from her coffee nearly choked on it. “Do you really have to be so obvious?”. Minah sat herself down. “Sorry!” and pretended to finally start working. “But he's cute right?”. Selene cocked her head around her Apple computer screen and gave her friend a warning just with her eyes. Her secret weapon because it always worked. At least, she liked to think it did.
 

After being in the office for more than five hours, Selene called it quits. She never worked longer or full h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter