Henry's P.O.V

P.O.V

I don't think they notice. Or are even aware. Of how each other's eyes will always follow the other. Whether on stage or off stage. When they are in the same room or restaurant. When they are apart, on the plane or during an interview. Somehow, their eyes just gravitate towards the other, seeking, connecting aand reassuring. Subtle as they always are, if one really sits up and takes notice of the secret glances and gazes, they would know something is happening, brewing.

 

They probably thought no one notices but how can one not when it is so clear, well, at least to me, the amount of love they have for each other. One may be snarky and sarcastic as hell and the other just relishes skinship too much, holding and touching others more than he should. But it is crystal clear who their hearts belong to and it certainly hadn't been easy for them to get to where they are.

 

It has not always been like this, their relationship, I mean. When i first got to know them, I could feel it in my guts about how Kyuhyun was in love with Siwon but it was not reciprocated, at least not the way Kyuhyun felt about him. Don't get me wrong, Kyuhyun was never that blatant but I just knew, somehow. You could say I am in tune with all this. How his eyes would have that special sparkle as they talk about anything under the sun. How his voice would have that childish and happy lilt as he fake admonishes the friendy older man over some  inappropriate actions.

 

But I knew then how much Siwon adored the maknae, too, too much and how if he is not careful, he might just fall in love. And that is exactly what happened. It was almost painful and most frustrating to see how Siwon denied his burgeoning affection for Kyuhyun by holding, grabbing on to his last semblance of a relationship with her. He is just too nice, too caring...she is after all his very first true love so how is it possible for him to give her up when they still have a chance to make their relationship work. Yet at times, I was almost certain he was forcing himself to go along with things, not wanting to hurt anyone, yet not realizing that he was totally not being fair to Kyuhyun, to himself, to the both of them.

 

And so I watched them. For five long years. Threading lightly...dancing around each other...a step forward,  two steps back. I guess they value their friendship above anything else and the very thought of upsetting that balance seems unfathomnable, unthinkable.

 

I could not meddle in their business when they were trying so hard to hide what they feel...so all I could do was to be there, for them, lending them a listening ear, accompanying either one to their favourite restaurant. Maybe they trusted me because I am still considered somewhat an outsider then but as we got closer through so much time spent together as an outfit, I became their confidante. Their individual talks with me in our hotel rooms sometimes involved hypothetical 'what if'  or 'my friend which you don't know' have this kind of issue questions. So much so that the so-called Wonkyu fans dub me as their brother-in-law...the first time I read about it, I was flabbergasted but on hindside, perhaps they could see things that we cannot...just like a third party, just like me.

 

But then something changed a few months ago. Maybe Kyuhyun finally confessed or maybe Siwon cleared his head and knew what he wanted. Their gazes linger much longer on each other, their touches becoming  more frequent, their whispering is no longer confine to the stage or interviews. It is heart warming to see Siwon always waiting for Kyuhyun to fall in step with him while walking through the airport or Kyuhyun reserving a seat next to him during mealtimes for Siwon. It is just the little, smallest of actions that tells me they have moved up a notch in their relationship hierarchy to being more than friends. About time, I like to shout at them, as I silently observes Kyuhyun nudging Siwon playfully as the older man teases him at supper after our successful concert.

 

Then Kyuhyun catches my eye and tilts his head, as if questioning me. I shrugs my shoulder and gives him a knowing smile. He gasps and leans over to whisper to Siwon who swings his head towards my direction.

 

Yes, I know, I try to communicate before putting my index finger to my lips, your secret is safe with me.