Round 3 - Announcements

EXOplosion Writing Contest

Navigation

 
 
 
 
 

design by musicchibi
coded by suzuyas

 
 

announcements

  Current News

 

5/1/2016

 

Congrats to all winners and thank you all for your interest in this contest, either as a participant or a reader. I really appreciate the support you've given this contest in the past three rounds. This will unfortunately be the last round for this contest. 

 

Winners, please DM me about prizes! if you would like a review from our partnering review shop, please leave a comment on this story. The review feature is available to ALL ENTRANTS, but views from the review shop does not reflect opinions of the judges. 

 

-annie1017 

 

 

 



deadline: March 31,2016

judging period: 4/1-4/30
announcement: 5/1

  Old News

 

4/13/2016

 

Hello! Neverlastingeverland and I have been making good progress through the entires. We're more than half way through! I have updated important dates as seen below: the winners will be announced on 5/1! Thank you for your patience.

 

-annie1017 

 

4/3/2016

 

If you messaged me about an extension and I granted you one, please have that submitted by tomorrow! Message me if there are any problems. We have already started reading the entries! 

 

 

4/1/2016

 

Entires are now closed! For the people who have messaged me about extensions, please follow those instructions. I look forward to reading all of the entries! I expected judging period to take 2-3 weeks, but I will keep everyone updated on once I know for sure. 

 

Thank you for your interest!

 

3/30/2016

Just as clarification: 

1. entries accepted until 11:59EST on 3/31

2. if for any reason, you need an extension, PM directly for instructions and I'll see what I can do

 

Good luck!

 

3/29/2016

Entries are updated again! We're in the last few days of the contest! Be sure to submit your entries soon. 

 

Good luck to all procrastinators still writing :3

 

3/25/2016

Entries are updated ~~ I will be adding more kpop merch to the prize list some time this week. Also, I believe this will be the LAST round of exoplosion, meaning that we may just give away all of the merch as prizes even to other winners or honorable mentions! 

 

I may host another fic contest in the future, but instead of an EXO one, it may just be for a pairing I really like, like Xiuhan or Sekai hahahaha I want to be self indulgent but I am not sure how much interest there would be. I would probably be giving away some bigger money items just because its so self indulgent though. 

 

 

3/20/2016

Entries are updated again!  If you do not see your story and you entered, please DM me ASAP! There were a few entries that did not follow the rules and were left out of the entries list. 11 more days to submit entries!

 

 

3/7/2016

Entries are updated again! We're onto the last month!

 

Happy writing, everyone :D

 

2/26/2016

Entries are updated! Thank you for being patient with me TT I had so many exams this week, and I went to go see EXO in New York last week so I didn't have much time to study. 

 

If you don't see your fic, contact me immediately and we'll figure it out ~~~ 

 

-annie1017 

 

2/22/2016

Hey guys! Entries haven't been updated in a while and I'm really sorry about that! They will be update by this weekend! As a reminder, you have just a little over a month left to enter! Good luck!

 

-annie1017 

 

1/19/2016

Hope all is well! Just wanted to announced that Reading Is Beautiful review shop is partnering with us to offer reviews to participants AFTER the contest ends. All participants can let me know if they want a review and I will pass it on. Reviews will be FREE, done on a timely manner, but will be from that review shop (therefore not representative of judges' criteria). It is a good chance to get more feedback about your fic!

 

Please keep writing and entering! Anyone going to EXOlution? I'll be at the NY one!

 

-annie1017 

 

 

1/3/2016

Happy New Year! Hope you all enjoyed your holidays and had a great year. Here's to an even better 2016! Please give more love to EXO ^^

 

The entires list has been updated by my co-host. There is still time to submit an entry! GO GO GO  New prizes will be added next week! 

 

Good luck!  

 

11/17/15

 

Entries list has been updated! Now that winter break has started for most people, save some time and submit an entry!

 

Hope everyone loved the EXO comeback :3 Sing For You gives me lifeeeeeee <3

 

Good luck!  

 

-annie1017 

 

 

11/17/15

 

Again, make sure you have read ALL of the rules. Your story must have a minimum word count of 2000, and must be COMPLETED at time of submission. Your story also CANNOT be marked "subscribers only" until the contest is over, UNLESS it has trigger warnings. Please let me know if you have any questions.

 

We will be partnering with TWO shops for graphics and reviews for you guys. More information to be revealed soon! If you are a shop owner that wants to partner, please let me know. 

 

-annie1017 

 

 

11/07/15

 

Hey guys, there is a temporary list of PRIZES up on the main page, and through this link. First and second place winners will be able to claim some merch. If you want the merch, that does mean you have to give me a valid US mailing address. I promise I am not creepy and will not stalk you     u w u

 

More prizes will be added in Jan!

 

-annie1017 

 

11/05/15

 

Please make sure you are only submitting COMPLETED entires. If you submitted incompleted entries already, you will have to re-submit the story when you finish. Your current submission has been VOIDED. 

 

Please leave a comment or PM if you have any questions or need any clarifications!

 

-Annie

 

11/01/15

 

Actually it's still 10/31 in my time zone, but I think I am busy tonight at midnight so I've opened up entry submissions a little early. It's November somewhere in the world, right? :)

 

Anyway, please make sure to read ALL instructions before submitting. Hopefully we can update the entries list once a week, but that might depend on how many entries we have.

 

In addition, the kpop merch list will be updated ASAP (in the following week TT.TT I've been busy with midterms, sorry). Note that the goodies are subject to change. I am visiting Tokyo and Seoul in Jan and might buy more things :3

 

I'm excited to read this round's new stories! Let the contest begin ~

 

-Annie

 

10/23/15

 

New prompts are up! We start accepting entries on Nov 1! This round's prompts are from movies, tv shows, and books. 

 

-annie1017

 

 

 

10/22/15

 

 

Hi guys, EXOplosion is finally (almost) back! 

 

Our new round will open on November 1, and we will be accepting entries until March 31! This is the holiday round, meaning your story must contain either christmas, new years, or valentine's day. We will be very lenient with how you choose to incorporate the holiday. Check out the rules on the main page for now ~~ More announcements soon!

 

Much thanks to our coder, suzuyas, and let's welcome the new judge!

 

 

-annie1017