Round 3 - FAQs & Submit

EXOplosion Writing Contest

Navigation

 
 
 
 
 

design by musicchibi
coded by suzuyas

 
 

frequently
asked
questions

submit your entry

 

deadline: March 31, 2016

Q: Do we have to make it a one-shot?

A: One-shots only. 


Q: What is a one-shot?

A: A one-shot is a one-chaptered story. In other words, there is a description/foreword and a single chapter afterwards. You are, however, allowed to make your one chapter as long as you'd like. 


Q: Are M-Rated stories allowed?

A: All ratings are allowed and encouraged. 


Q: May we use a story layout?

A: No layouts are allowed this time. Borders are fine, but full blown layouts where there are images that hide behind the text is off-limits now.

 

 

Q: Can our story be marked as subscribers/friends/members only?

 

A: No, we want everyone to be allowed to read the story freely. We don't always want to log into our accounts and we don't want to have to subscribe to the story, either. You are free to lock the stock as subscribers only once the round ends and winners are announced, but that is up to you. We don't encourage it, but we understand if you have personal issues with it. 

 

 

Q: Can we have two or more main pairings?

 

A: As long as you have an EXO member (former or current) as the main character, yes. 

 

Q: When is the deadline?

 

A: Your answer can be found in the Announcements. 

 

 

Q: Why can't we write EXOShidae? 

 

A: As much as we encourage all of you to venture and try new things, neither judge is willing to read EXOShidae. Although we will remain as unbiased as we can, this is still a competition where you have to appease us, and again, neither is that willing to read said ships.

 

 

Q: May we write OCxEXO?

 

A: Original characters are allowed; you do not have to use an idol.

 

 

Q: Will there be separate prizes for the and hetero sections or will everyone be competing against each other? 

 

A: The prizes are separate. 

 

 

Q: Will you be providing the judging critera?


A: No, we will not. We are merely authors/readers looking for a story with decent command over the English language and a great plotline. 

 

 

Q: Are we allowed to use more than one writing prompt? 

 

A: Yes, of course. However, please remember that writing prompts are not necessary.

 

 

Q: How do I submit my entry?

 

A: If you look to the left, below the small image, there is a link you may click to be redirected so you may submit your entry. Please remember to fill out the form fully and properly. 

 

 

Q: Can we write friendship/family fan fics instead of one that suggests romance? 

 

A: Yes, of course. Based on your main characters, you will have to submit it into the het/, however, in your genres, please add "friendship" and/or "family".

 

 

Q: I have a one-shot that I put up not too long ago, and I want to submit it as an entry. Is it possible for me to do so?

 

A: No. Any entry posted before this contest began will not be considered a valid entry.

 

 

Q: Does my one-shot have to be on a separate fan fiction or can I keep it in my one-shot collection?

 

A: It has to be on a separate story.

 

 

Q: May I submit a sequel to a story I wrote previously?

 

A: Yes, if 1) the sequel is posted after the contest was announced and 2) the sequel can be read without reading the original story. The sequel has to be a stand-alone story since we will not be reading the story before it. 

 

 

Q: Are we allowed to submit our stroy even if we're submitting it for another contest.

 

A: Yes. The story must be written for this contest first, but afterwards, you are free to submit it to another contest afterwards, etc. Entries for another contest are not valid.

 

 

Q: If someone wins, do they have to give their address for the trinkets?

 

A: Yes. You will have to ensure that you are able to recieve mail if you desire the trinket prize. If you do not want them, that is fine, though. We can attempt to work out another kind of award that is not as tangible if you are unable to provide a mailing address.