Round 3 - Previous Winners

EXOplosion Writing Contest

Navigation

 
 
 
 
 

design by musicchibi
coded by suzuyas

 
 

winners - Round 1

1st place
Title: Dystopia
Author: soyjac
Genre: romance, dystopia!au, angst
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Kim Minseok is the only son of the General Commander. Lu Han is the son of a maid employed by the Kims. When the two boys strike up an unlikely friendship, neither one could have predicted the consequences.

2nd place
Title: Half-empty
Author: brivi0800
Genre: angst, romance
Rating: PG-13
Summary: And time goes on, even for the person who's too lodged into the past and for the person who's too buried in the future

3rd place
Title: Long Way Down
Author: Kezzlafiction
Genre: angst, romance, tragedy
Rating: R
Summary: Together with two smoking barrels and beating hearts they run away to tomorrow.

Honorable Mention(s)
Title: Confidence
Author: HereIGoAgain
Genre: Romance,
Rating: NC-17
Summary: Luhan doesn't think he wants to let his nerves get the best of him this time around, not after laying eyes on Jongdae.

Title: Steal (My Heart)
Author: Mia12345799
Genre: romance, comedy
Rating: PG Summary: Tao has a nasty habit of taking things that don’t belong to him and Luhan catches him in the act.

Title: Tired Eyes
Author: NeverlastingEverland
Genre: romance, angst
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Suho is so tired, but he can't sleep. Jongin is there next to him, becoming his rock when he needs it and his pillow when he doesn't.

 

WINNERS - ROUND 2


1st place
Title: Truth's Little Hero
Author: HikariisJaejj
Rating: R
Summary: Traveling lovers Minseok and Jongdae go through the barren lands of their home country in search of humanity or a means to survive. In their escapades they meet small child Zhang Yixing of their enemy and go on a small adventure together through the land to survive. Kinks in their relationships shape their future; breaking or making them. Dark secrets kept hidden to finally be addressed and thrown into the face of fear. Until they come across a city not yet abandoned and everything either crumbles or mends.



2nd place
Title: take my hand (and never let go)
Author: PalmerPie
Rating/wc: R; ~9.6k
Genre: romance, angst, character death warning Summary: Perhaps our greatest flaw in this world was the inability to find peace.


3rd place
Title: Negative Spaces
Author: NeverlastingEverland
Rating/wc: PG-13/~8.6k
Genre: romance, fantasy
Summary: One simple action changes the course of Jongin's life forever.

Honorable Mention(s)
Title: Just Ride
Author: Kezzlafiction
Rating: R
Summary: "we all get a little lost sometimes"

 

het winners - Round 1

1st place
Title: Summer of Seventeen
Author: NeverlastingEverland
Genre: Romance, Fluff
Rating: PG-13
Summary: In which Jongdae is invited to spend the summer at the beach with a couple of guys from his class, is forced to bring his brother and his brother’s friend, and is completely transformed into a new Jongdae with the help of the boys and a girl named Byul.

2nd place
Title: caught up (in your eyes)
Author: PictureMeBroken
Genre: Family, Romance, Slight Angst
Rating: G
Summary: He needs to move on, it’d be best for him and his daughter, but he just can’t stop waiting and hoping that she’ll come back.

3rd place
Title: The Handkerchief
Author: littlemisshappyify
Genre: Angst
Rating: PG
Summary: The hardest part is leaving. Don’t you wonder why… Suddenly we’re all running out of time. When she broke his heart, he had learned to detest her. He hated every memory of her that refused to go away. He hated every part of him that still wanted her. And he wanted to break her. And when he had finally broke her heart like how she did him, did he do the right thing?

Honorable Mention(s)
Title: 1:28
Author: HaibaraShery
Genre: Angst
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Kris never knew where his life would lead him to, but he had someone to show him a way to happiness although he had to pay for that. She built him a way towards his dream, but then she had to leave him just so she could comeback to him again as she promised to on that cold day in winter.

Title: On a Subway
Author: kpopfox
Genre: PG
Rating: Slice of Life
Summary: Kim Jongin makes an unlikely friend while his train is delayed due to weather. While he is quite annoyed with the world, an unusually optimistic runaway may change his outlook.

Title: Forever With You
Author: BAPisPerfect
Genre: Angst
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Luhan is an angel who can’t seem to move on… His soul still lingers on Earth, and he often spends time watching the girl that he loves. Because of her, he can’t seem to move on, and because of this, Xiumin decides to help him. He gives him four days to be with her to help her get Luhan’s head straight. But four days later, he’ll have to leave her again, and this time, forever.

 

HET WINNERS - ROUND 2

 

1st place
Title: Fruit Drops and Pepero
Author: NeverlastingEverland
Genre: Romance, angst
Rating: R
Summary: "You are all the colors in one, at full brightness" -Jenniver Niven, All the Bright Places


2nd place
Title: Marionette
Author: DivinestSense
Genre: Frendship, life
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Her life was mapped out from the moment she was concieved, her future written in notebooks and planners. There was no way to function without feeling someone pulling the strings, the ends always had a means. In a sense, life was a game where the best game out on top. Exceptions did not exist. Yet there he was, basically a non-player character, but somehow unique and intriguing. Looking from the outside-in, there was nothing special about him. From the inside-out, rose colored glasses gave her clarity and hope. She would watch as others controlled him quietly. (If only he knew what they were doing.) She would watch him shine in an abyss of despair. (If only they knew what they were losing.)


3rd place
Title: August in Ecstacy
Author: peterpan17
Genre: Romance
Summary: In which two strangers meet underground in Paris.

Honorable Mention(s)
Title: Fields of Sorrow
Author: truthbetold1
Genre: Romance, angst
Summary: Nobody knew where it came from, nobody knew how to fix it. We were all doomed to lose our colors if our soulmates died.