I See Her At Night

I Fell In Love With A Monkey

Exams are coming and studying for the terrifying exams have been occuring everywhere in school. In the classrooms (of course), hallways (while walking), outside on the school yard, and sometimes even in the bathroom. (Yes. They study while they do their business.)

How scary is the exam that the students are buzzing everywhere with their books? Very. That exam will bring them to the next year. If they don't pass the exams, they will be held back. And worst. The principal will have the held back students work as janitors in the school. (Their principal is crazy.)

You might think that Eunmi is relaxed and has nothing to worry about. Well, that is wrong. She is the most busiest student in school. The principal has hired her to tutor after school since a month before the exams. Of course she didn't wanna do that. But, she is living with Sora and Eunhyuk and she doesn't want them to pay for the rent of the apartment by themselves when she is living under the same roof. So, she took the job. 

Meanwhile, Eunhyuk here is too lazy to do any studying that he sleeps and does nothing in class but play around. The principal is worried about him getting held back AGAIN. And Eunmi has quit being his tutor because she can't tutor him after school, when she's tutoring a bunch of students at the same time. Eunhyuk doesn't go to the tutoring classes either.

What to do? Well, the principal has given up on Eunhyuk and started focusing on the other students.

"I guess he'll grow old in this school," the principal sighed hoping that Eunmi will be convinced to drag Eunhyuk to her tutoring class.

But Eunmi simply said,"Yeah. He will. And you'll see his face every single day because he will be the janitor here since he can't graduate anyway."

The principal got scared of that thought. "EUNMI! PLEASE! I BEG YOU! HELP THE POOR GUY OUT!" 

"A.NI.YO. I'm already helping half of the school. Why don't YOU help him. Aren't YOU the principal?" Eunmi said.

"Hmp. Fine. I give up." the principal said walking away with his head down. 

"It's about time." Eunmi said.

~ ~ ~

"Eunhyuk! Stop playing video games and read a book for once!" Sora told Eunhyuk. 

"Fine." he finds a manga and starts reading it.

 "Study you lazy ! Exams are coming and you're not even worried?!" Sora asked.

"Ani." Eunhyuk said.

"But you'll have to work as a janitor next year." Sora said.

"So? How hard will it be to clean stuff?" Eunhyuk said. "I do that all the time with the apartment." 

"Psh. Let's just see about that." Sora said.

"I'm home," Eunmi said. 

"Oh Eunmi, you look so tired." Sora said. 

"She always looks like that." Eunhyuk said.

"Shut it Hyuk. Why don't you go eat and wash up? Then you can go to bed." Sora said. 

"Ne." Eunmi replied.

~ ~ ~

It's past midnight and Eunhyuk is still awake staring at the ceiling. The boy can't sleep for some reason.

Suddenly, the door to Sora and Eunmi's room opens.

A sleeping Eunmi comes out and starts walking pass Eunhyuk.

He didn't notice that she was sleep walking.

"Why aren't you asleep yet?" Eunhyuk asked.

"..........Why aren't YOU?" the sleep walking Eunmi asked him. 

"..........I can't sleep." Eunhyuk replied.

"........." Eunmi sat down on the couch.

It was dark so from Eunhyuk's view, Eunmi looks like she's staring at him.

"Why are you staring?" Eunhyuk asked. 

"........." Eunmi didn't answer or move.

"Ya." Eunhyuk said.

".........5 - (-6) + 134 + (-945) =??" Eunmi mumbled. 

"What? Why are you asking me that?" Eunhyuk asked confused.

The sleeping Eunmi fell on the floor.

"Ya. You okay?" Eunhyuk said picking up Eunmi. "Aish. She's asleep." 

Eunhyuk carried Eunmi to Sora's door.

"It's locked. Why did she-?" Eunhyuk knocked on the door. 

Sora will not be answering the door. She is a heavy sleeper. 

The couch was too small so Eunhyuk had no choice but to put Eunmi down on the ground beside him.

~ ~ ~

"Good morning~" Sora whispered.

"Hmm?" Eunhyuk opened his eyes. 

"What am I doing here?" Eunmi realized that she was in the livingroom beside Eunhyuk.

"You were sleep walking last night," Eunhyuk told her. "Noona's door was locked so I let you sleep here."

"You could've just put me on the couch," Eunmi said. 

"The couch was too small," Eunhyuk said.

"You could've woken me up," Eunmi said.

"I didn't wanna disturb you in your sleep," Eunhyuk said.

"......." 

"Wae? You don't like sleeping with me?" Eunhyuk asked her. 

"Psh. Shut up," Eunmi went to the room to change. 

Meanwhile in the kitchen.....

"Kekekeke~ I locked the door on purpose~ " Sora said. 

~ ~ ~

After School (before Eunmi tutors)....

~Eunmi walks out of her classrooom and sees Eunhyuk laying down on the grass~

"Aren't you going home?" Eunmi asked him. 

"Not yet. Aren't YOU going home?" Eunhyuk asked.

"No. I have tutoring to do," Eunmi said.

".............Why couldn't you tutor me instead of them?" Eunhyuk asked. 

"Because they actually try, you don't." Eunmi said. 

"Yes I do!" Eunhyuk said.

"How come you still have an F as your overall grade?" Eunmi asked. 

"...Too lazy to study." Eunhyuk said.

"Mhmm...That's the problem." Eunmi said. 

"Hey, aren't you tired from all that tutoring?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Why do you ask?" Eunmi asked.

"Because last night, you were talking to me like you were tutoring me or something." Eunhyuk said. 

"........Yes. I do get tired." Eunmi said. 

"Why don't you take a break?" Eunhyuk suggested.

"And leave them with no tutor? I won't get paid." Eunmi said.

"What do you need money for?" Eunhyuk asked.

"To pay my half of the rent." Eunmi said.

"Oh. I forgot about that." Eunhyuk said.

"You should go home now. Unni told me she's making dinner." Eunmi said.

"Wait. If I pass the exams, I don't get heldback right?" Eunhyuk asked.

"That's right." Eunmi said.

"Let's make a deal. If I pass the exams, you have to be my personal assistant." Eunhyuk said.

"And if you DON'T pass the exams??" Eunmi asked.

"I'll be YOUR personal assistant." Eunhyuk said.

"For how long?" Eunmi asked.

"For the whole summer." Eunhyuk said.

"Deal." Eunmi said.

"Okay then. I'll be on my way home to eat....and study." Eunhyuk said walking away.

Eunmi smirked. "Study? Yeah right." 

"You just watch." Eunhyuk said