Home

The Charismatic Eric Nam

Eric’s P.O.V

I fell asleep and didn’t wake up until 12pm.

I felt slightly embarrassed because Ella had already been awake for a while and I had no clue what I looked like in my sleep.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, Ella was nowhere to be seen though. Her things weren’t there either.

I began to panic.

My mother then walked in laughing with Kevin.

“Oh you’re awake!” she said happily and walked over to me and hugged me.

“Eric!” Kevin screamed excited.

“Where’s Ella?” I asked, ignoring their greetings.

Kevin grinned.

“She has a life you know” he teased and looked at my mom.

“She didn’t even say good bye” I complained and reach out for my phone. I was slightly bothered by it all and Kevin had not even answered my question. I wasn’t going to ask again, I would sound too desperate.

“How are you feeling? You’re getting discharged today are you excited?” my mother asked with excitement in her own voice.

I had not even thought about it. A man came inside the room.

“Hello” he greeted us.

“The press are probably going to ask you a couple of questions” he stated and handed me some folders.

“What am I supposed to say?” I asked confused.

“That’s why we need to discuss your answers immediately” he advised.

I simply nodded as he began to ask me several questions and I had to respond to them in the best way possible.

“Are you my manager?” I finally asked when he was done correcting my last answer.

He laughed.

“I’m your manager’s assistant!” he said changing his tone. He sounded friendlier.

“Oh” I responded and nodded. Ella hadn’t showed up. They gave me privacy as the nurses helped me change into my clothes.

My body ached entirely, I had bruises all over the place. My body was just one big bruise.

My fractured arm was a bother too, I felt horrible and by no means did I want to go out in public and answer silly questions.

I began my way out of the hospital room when someone got in my way.

“Ailee?” I asked in utter shock. She laughed.

“Well, at least you remember me” she said and laughed once more.

“Why did you set me up with your friend?” I complained as I tried walking down the hall, the pain was excruciating.

“Me? Set you up? Ha! C’mon you don’t remember how desperate you were for her?” Ailee teased. I simply rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, sure. Even you know she’s not my type” I scoffed.

“Then why can’t you stop talking about her or thinking about her?” she challenged and raised her eyebrow.

“I am NOT thinking about her!” I protested.

“So you’re not wondering where she is?”

“No”

“Alright” she replied with laughter in her voice and proceeded to walk me out.

The press was crazy.

They were asking questions that I had not reviewed and they were hard not to answer.

I wanted to defend myself, but it was best that I kept it to myself.

 At last we were inside the car and we were on my way to my apartment.

They helped me get out of the car and left me outside my front door.

“Mom aren’t you going to come inside?” I asked confused. My mom shook her head.

“Ailee and Kevin have a show tonight and I had promised them both, weeks in advance that I would go, we were all supposed to go but…circumstances change” my mother said to me as she helped me open the door.

I couldn’t believe it, my own mother did not want to spend time with me.

“Fine” I mumbled and headed inside.

I didn’t even know my own apartment, and yet I had to make myself feel at home. My apartment was fairly simple, and it was clean.

I made myself comfortable on my bed and the T.V.

I was about to fall asleep, when I heard a knock at the door.

I quickly hurried up and walked over to the door, but someone was already opening it.

“Sasaeng?” I wondered to myself in a panic, but then I heard her voice. It was Ella.

“Eric?” she asked sweetly.

“ELLA! You almost gave me a heart attack!” I protested and put my hand against my chest as if my heart were in pain.

“I’m sorry! I won’t do it again!” she said in a worried tone.

“It’s fine, it’s fine…but…where were you?” I asked hesitantly. She smiled and put some grocery bags on the table.

“Well…I cleaned up this mess you call home…and I went grocery shopping so I could cook for you” she said and looked around.

“What did you miss me?” she asked flirtatiously.

I prayed that I hadn’t turned red.

“Well, you left without saying anything so I just…well…I was curious” I replied back.

“Well even if you didn’t miss me, I missed you” she said and smiled. She made her way to the kitchen and began taking the pans out and cutting up vegetables and the chicken. I just watched her attentively without saying a word. She would smile every once in a while. I sat on one of the chairs and continued watching.

“You weren’t going to go to the concert?” I asked.

She looked up from her concentration.

“I was, but then who would be here to keep you company?” she replied back quietly and served me a plate of food.

“You’re not my mother”

“I know I’m not, I’m your fiancé” she replied and handed me a fork.

She sat right across from me.

Did this count as our first date? I thought to myself.

I shook the crazy thought away.

She waited until I began to eat.

She poured a glass of water for me and one for her.

We ate in silence.

Her cooking was surprisingly good.

“Thank you, the food was delicious” I mumbled hoping she didn’t hear it at all.

“No problem” she replied and took the dishes away and began washing them.

I just watched her once more.

Ella had a lot of good qualities and I appreciated them. However I still couldn’t fit wanting to marry her into my head.

In my memory, I loved someone else. I wanted to know what had happened to her, but I felt it was rude to do that now that I had a fiancé.

“I’ll be going now” Ella whispered and grabbed her things. She snapped me out of my thought.

She was already going towards the door.

“Ella wait!” I yelled after her.

She turned around. Her expression was sad.

“Yeah?” she asked.

“Why are you leaving?”

She rolled her eyes.

“It’s obvious you don’t want me here”

“I never said anything”

“You didn’t need to, it’s in your body language” she replied and crossed her arms.

“You have to understand my situation too, Ella”

“I’m trying Eric, but it’s really hard to see the person that once loved you…” she replied but began to tear up half way.

“It’s hard to see that person not wanting to even see your face. I’m leaving, goodnight” she finished.

“Ella!” I yelled after her. She continued walking away and then I heard her fall down.

“AAAAH!” she screamed angrily.

“Ella are you okay?” I asked and ran to her, although it was frankly painful to run I did it anyways.

She was crying even more.

“My heel broke” she mumbled in tears. I felt like laughing but didn’t want to be a jerk.

“C’mon let me help you” I said to her and helped her get up with my hand that was okay.

“I’m sorry, are you in pain? I should have gotten up by myself” she whispered and dusted herself off.

“Stay” I told her.

She looked up to see me with huge eyes.

“You-you” she stuttered.

“C’mon, it’s cold outside” I added and grabbed a hold of her arm and led her in gently. She remained quiet and sat down on the couch.

“Can you help me? I don’t really know my own home”

Her eyes locked with mine. My question had surprisingly lifted her mood.

“Umm, sure” she replied and gave me a small smile.

She stood up and signaled me to follow her.

“This is the kitchen of course, your fridge” she pointed.

“The plastic plates are on the left and the glass ones on the right”

I nodded.

“Now if you come over here, this is where the washing machine is and the dryer. Their pretty self explanatory, the soaps and detergents are here in this cabinet” she signaled.

She then led me to the living room.

“This remote control is for the T.V, the other one is for the stereo and the last one really has no point, you just haven’t tossed it out” she told me and giggled.

She led me to the bathroom.

“All your things are in the cabinet, for the shower if you want the water hot you turn the handle to the right, and for the cold you turn the handle on the left” she said and then stepped out of the bath room and walked over to my room.

“Well, this is your room. Your undergarments are inside this drawer, and inside the closet all your shirts are hung up and your jeans are below…” she whispered and then turned around to look at me again.

“It’s pretty self-explanatory” she whispered. She looked down at the ground and nodded.

“How do you know this place so well?”

“It just kind of happened” she mumbled and then smiled.

“Hey you want to watch some of your videos on Youtube?” she then asked and grinned.

I wasn’t sure what to respond.

“I-umm sure?” I replied uneasily. She smiled and headed outside the room.

She brought her tablet with her.

“You’re going to love them!” she squealed and hoped onto my bed and patted the space next to her.

My only thoughts were: Is it normal for her to just lay on my bed like nothing?

“We’re going to watch it here?” I asked. She got the hint though.

“Oh! I mean if you want to watch them in the living room that’s fine…” she went on.

“No, not it’s fine” I replied back and laid down next to her, but a good distance from her too.

I could only imagine what it felt like to love her.

How happy I probably would have been to have her next to me, if only I wouldn’t have lost my memory.

***

Author's note:

SUCH A LATE UPDATE! After my last 2 finals on Friday, I should be posting more regularly!

Thank you all :)