Eric and Ella

The Charismatic Eric Nam

Eric’s P.O.V

“Fiancé?” I whispered to myself. Kevin and my mother rushed in immediately after she left.

“What did you say to her?” Kevin demanded.

“Nothing! She just ran away saying she had to go” I replied. Kevin didn’t seem convinced.

“You should have been more tactful” my mother added. I gave them a “what?” face.

“ME more tactful? C’mon she just straight out told me she was my fiancé that I did not even know about and you expect me to react like what? Like it’s okay? I’m just as hurt and confused as is she is!” I complained but it only seemed to make the situation worse. My head throbbed even more.

Kevin shook his head in disbelief. In my memory I didn’t even remember Kevin well other than the fact he was a member of U-Kiss, and yet here he was being so informal and demanding an explanation. How did I even become friends with him?

“Try calling her Kevin” my mom whispered and nudged Kevin to make the call. After calling at least 4 times, he gave up.

“She’s not answering and I have no clue where she is” Kevin sighed.

“Why am I engaged to her? I mean…how did that happen?” I asked. I guess it was a dumb question because Kevin turned around and rolled his yes.

“I don’t know Eric? I’m guessing you fell in love with her?”

I then realized how obvious my question was, but for some reason I couldn’t fit the idea into my head. She was Ailee’s well…ex assistant and best friend. I never once saw her as more than that. We weren’t even friends. She wasn’t exactly my type, if I even had one.

Kevin then received a call.

“I got to go, I have a variety show to film today. I’ll come back later, hopefully Ella is alright” he announced to my mom and I. We both nodded and watched him go.

“So you don’t remember Ella well?” she asked. I was beginning to get a little irritated by how much Ella was being mentioned. Not once did they ask me how I felt or if I wanted to perhaps talk about something else.

“Can we not talk about her?” I murmured. My mother shot me a glare.

“She’s your fiancé Eric, she’s an important part of your life”

“I understand that mom, but right now I just want peace and quiet. My head is pounding. Please?” I begged. She sighed and nodded.

“I’m going to go look for her. I’ll be back” she whispered. I nodded and reached for my phone that was on the small table. The screen was half cracked. It must have happened during the impact.

I then realized that I had lost 2 years of my memory. I was having a comeback not a debut. I wasn’t on the talent show anymore. I wasn’t 23 years old either.

The more I thought about it my head began to throb even more. It hurt so much that the nurses had to give me another type of pain killer. It wasn’t until then that I was able to calm my mind a little and sleep.

Omniscient P.O.V

After being lost for 5 hours, Ella decided to return back to the hospital. As mad as she wanted to be with the world and with Eric, she couldn’t stand being angry for too long either. It wasn’t his fault. She still loved him and wanted to know if he was okay.

“I’ve been looking for you” Eric’s mother exclaimed when she saw Ella.

Ella nodded and apologized.

“I was acting very immature, I’m sorry for causing so much trouble” Ella replied and bowed a few times. Eric’s mother shook her head but smiled and hugged Ella.

“It’s okay, go ahead. He’s asleep right now. I’m going to go home and rest. My husband will be arriving later. Take care of him okay?” his mother whispered to Ella. She was really concerned over Eric but had trust that Ella could stay the night and take care of Eric.

Ella nodded and smiled.

“If you need anything don’t hesitate to call okay?” his mother added. Ella nodded once more and waved. She waited until Eric’s mother was out of sight and then walked quietly and slowly into the room.

Eric was in deep sleep.

Ella smiled and walked over and sat down on the chair next to the bed.

She just observed him and rested her head on the empty space of the bed. Before she knew it she too fell asleep.

Eric was the first one to wake up. The nurses had walked into the room do administer his medicine.

“Your fiancé finally fell asleep” the nurse whispered to Eric in awe. Eric just nodded, the word fiancé sounded foreign to him.

“You know she went through a lot, the other nurses couldn’t confirm she was your fiancé so she had to wait outside for 2 days until they finally let her come see you”

Eric nodded. He assumed the nurses had no idea about him losing his memory because he frankly didn’t care.

As soon as the nurses left, Ella woke up. She raised her head from the bed startled.

“Where am I?” she asked half asleep. She then saw Eric sitting on the bed with his arms crossed.

“Eric?” she mumbled. She fixed her hair quickly and rubbed her eyes.

“How-how are you feeling? Does your head still hurt a lot?” she asked concerned. Eric’s expression softened. Finally someone was asking him how he was feeling and not about his romantic relationship.

“It hurts less they had to raise the dose of my pain killers, if I think too much my head begins to hurt again” he replied. Ella nodded.

“Was it administered intravenously or orally?” she asked as she stood up and checked the monitors.

“What?” Eric asked confused.

“Oh right, making you think too much. Never mind” she replied quietly.

“Are you hungry?” she asked turning around to face him again. He thought about it for a moment and nodded.

“What would you like? I’ll go buy you something from the market. The food here in this hospital is terrible!” she said and smiled a little thinking about her last stay at the hospital and how gross the food was.

“I umm- just get me a sandwich, just with-” Eric began to say but Ella finished his sentence.

“Ham and cheese only, I know” she whispered and smiled.

He nodded a little shock at the fact she knew but then she was his “fiancé”. He watched as she exited the room. He then touched his cheeks with his hands.

“Why am I red?” he whispered to himself.

Meanwhile Ella sighed in relief. He wasn’t telling her to go away or getting into an argument with her. She walked happily to the market and bought the sandwiches.

When she arrived Eric was quietly playing with his phone. He wasn’t really sure what his password was and couldn’t seem to figure it out.

“Do you happen to know-” Eric began but changed his mind. Why would Ella know his password?

“Know what?” she asked as she took out the sandwiches and cut them in half.

“I don’t think you would know”

“You’re not answering my question” she giggled at his unsureness.

“Do you know my password on my phone?” he asked giving in. She blinked and then smiled. Grabbing the phone away from his hand and typing the 4 digit number. It unlocked immediately.

“Why do you know my password?” Eric demanded. Ella smiled.

“Well…you told me you didn’t want to keep secrets or had anything to hide so you gave it to me…I don’t know” she replied handed him his plate.

“Then what’s the point of having a password” he muttered under his breath.

He began to look through his phone. He couldn’t believe his messages.

“Date? Tonight? ;) ” read one of his messages. He then read Ella’s reply.

“Of course! I miss you so much, I haven’t seen you in months! Same place? :)”

“I miss you more than you can imagine! Yeah, same place, same time. Love you”

Those were the last messages he had sent.

He sounded like teenager in love. It made him sick.

“Have you ever seen what’s inside my phone?” he asked catching Ella off guard.

“Seen what’s inside? No…maybe once? I had no reason to not trust you” she replied. She was being honest but after Eric’s question, she began to feel curious. A few minutes passed and they were eating their sandwiches in silence.

“Do you know the lyrics to the song for my comeback?” Eric asked. Ella smiled. Eric was being so stiff around her, he was usually charismatic and bubbly.

“Ooh ooh ooh ooh, oh pretty baby!” she sung and did the little dance. She managed to bring a smile to his face for the first time in the whole entire day.

“Really?”

“Yup, I’ll bring my tablet tomorrow so you can watch it. It came out pretty well” Ella replied and stood up.

“You’re leaving?” Eric asked with food still in his mouth. He sounded like a child.

“Do you want me to leave?” she challenged.

He thought about it for a moment, and shook his head.

Ella smiled.

“I’m going to get us something to drink from the vending machine” she said to Eric sweetly.

“Bring me-” Eric was beginning to say but Ella ended his sentence once more.

“Iced Tea, I know” she yelled halfway out the door. Eric couldn’t help but smile a little.

He still couldn’t see Ella as a romantic interest but she sure sounded like a good friend.

Author's note:

Thank you to all my subscribers! Don't forget to comment and if you like, upvote :)