Eric Reacts To "Ooh Ooh"

The Charismatic Eric Nam

Omniscient P.O.V

Ella fell asleep sooner than Eric imagined. She arrived to the hospital room, and quietly set up her “bed” on the visitor’s couch.

She put a blanket under for cushion, surrounded it by two pillows and another blanket to cover her, and before Eric knew it she fell asleep.

“What a strange girl” he whispered to himself and tried to fall asleep, but no matter how much he tried. Sleep wasn’t coming to him.

He didn’t like hospital rooms and especially at night. Too much beeping from the machines and too many thoughts about death.

He couldn’t stand it after 4 hours.

Four rotten hours he had been waiting for sleep to come.

The nurses had done their every two hour visits, twice already.

He watched as Ella sat up from the couch a little startled.

“Oh, I’m just at the hospital” she whispered to herself softly.

She then turned around and saw Eric staring at her.

“Oh! You’re awake” she whispered in shock. She stood up immediately and walked towards him. Almost stumbling on her way because she was still not fully awake but she made it there.

“You still have insomnia?” she whispered and put her hand on his face. He just stared at her hand, but for some reason he wasn’t moving away.

He coughed and she pulled her hand away.

“I have insomnia?” he asked confused, the last time he remembered not being able to sleep was the day he was coming to Korea. He didn’t have a history with insomnia though.

“Yeah, you were really worried about your comeback. What are you worried about right now?” she whispered and sat on the empty part of the hospital bed.

“I don’t know…maybe the same thing? I’m kind of worried about all of life really” he sighed and leaned forward, causing his neck to hurt.

She gave him a sad smile and nodded.

“Don’t worry, we’ll go through this together. Sooner or later you’ll be looking back at how stressed you were and laugh, just have faith, things will get better” she whispered.

“You should go back to sleep, you look tired” he suggested, but she shook her head.

“Not until you fall asleep, plus I already slept for 4 hours. I really don’t know how to help with your insomnia though? Tea maybe?” she said getting into her thoughts.

She went outside and brought a tea bag with water. She placed it inside the cup and added sugar.

“You even know how many cubes of sugar I like?” he said sarcastically but in a sense shocked.

She laughed and smiled.

“You also like your coffee black, no sugar, nothing” she whispered and handed him the cup.

There was a silence.

“I really hate hospitals” he whispered. Ella nodded and then her eyes lit up. She had an idea.

“Hey, I brought my tablet! You want to watch your video?” she asked excitedly. He nodded. She went straight to her bag and took it out.

“Ah! You’re going to love it!” she squealed and jumped up and down.

“So you’re my fiancé and my number one fan” he asked and laughed at her excitement.

She grinned.

“Yes” she replied and sat down next to Eric on the bed for him to watch it.

Too close, too close. Eric thought in his mind but once more for some reason, he didn’t complain about it.

The video began.

“Why am I showing my UNDERWEAR to the whole entire world?” he asked horrified. Ella just giggled.

“You know I don’t wear that kind of underwear right?” he asked panicking.

Ella just laughed even more.

“Ooh! I like my dance moves!...wait is that Kevin?” he reacted to his video. Ella nodded.

“Those are your friends. Boa Kim and Brad, their famous too” Ella added. He nodded and got excited when the dance part for “Ooh ooh ooh ooh” came out.

Ella just watched as Eric viewed the video attentively.

“The guy is Hoya from a group called Infinite, also your friend” Ella added when he came out.

“You were winking at me during that part” she giggled when the wink came up.

The rest of the video continued and it was finally over.

“So what did you think?” she asked and took her tablet away.

“It was great! I loved the song and the dance, but how am I supposed to remember it now?”

“Believe me it didn’t take you a long time the first time, you’ll have it down easily. We just need to let your arm heal” she whispered trying to comfort him.

“I have a question, why weren’t you in the video?”

Ella raised her eyebrows.

“I choose not to be in it, it would call too much attention and I didn’t want to ruin your comeback. I was behind the scenes though. I tossed you the mickey mouse hat.” She replied but Ella sounded a little sad. The truth was, that the company had talked to her about it beforehand and asked that she would decline being in the video. They didn’t want her to ruin the views.

“Oh” he replied and sipped his tea.

One of the nurses came in.

“You two are awake? No wonder I heard laughing!” the nurse said to them and laughed. She put something through the I.V.

“More medicine?” Ella complained.

The nurse gave her a sad smile and nodded.

“You’re giving your fiancé a headache” the nurse joked.

Ella smiled.

“I know, I know” she replied and jumped off the hospital bed.

“You know your my favorite nurse right Elsa?” Ella declared and side hugged the nurse. The nurse smiled and nodded.

Eric was confused though, why did she know the nurse?

“I’ll leave you two alone. Try and get some sleep” the nurse whispered, bowed and left the room.

“Ella?” Eric asked. Ella turned around and nodded for him to continue.

“You never told me how I proposed” he replied quietly.

“You really want to know?”

“Yes”

“Fine” she replied and laid down on the couch.

“I’ll tell you from here, you can hear me right?” she asked.

“Yes” he replied, and so Ella went on to relate the story of when Eric Nam proposed.

***

Author's Note:

Thank you to all of you who have commented and subscribed...and well let's not forget the average viewers!

It's okay if you choose not continue reading, I still thank you for your views, they make me happy!

-The Author