06

A Cupid's Love Story

 

 

SEOHYUN'S POV

 

 

"Seohyun, we're going  to the ice cream parlor, you wanna join?" I was arranging my books when Tiffany-unnie asked.

 

"Sorry unnie. But I'm going to meet with Dara today" I replied.

 

"Oh yes, Dara's your friend right. Seohyun please send my thanks to Dara. If it wasn't for her, I won't be able to meet Nickhun"

 

"I will unnie" And with that Tiffany joined with the others.

 

I opened my locker and I was about to put in my books when suddenly something fell from it.

 

I picked it from the floor and saw that it was a picture of me and Yonghwa. Back when we're together and...happy...

 

 

He's my first love.

 

Back then, I thought we were really made for each other.

We were inseparable. 

We vowed that we will stay by each other's side always...no...forever.

 

But that all changed when one day...

In our supposed to be 3rd anniversary...

 

I waited for him at the Namsan tower. We've planned to go there in our 3rd anniversary.

I waited for hours. I already had a bad feeling, but I tried to be optimistic. After the long wait, he came... But I hope he didn't.

 

Because the first thing he said was, "Let's break up" 

 

I want to slap him.

 

But my body won't move.

 

Tears just  dropped and he stood still emotionless.

 

I want to ask him why.

 

But I couldn't say a word.

 

He then said "I'm sorry", then he left.

 

That's all.

 

No explainations at all.

 

But I don't want to know anymore. He already broke up with me. What's the point?

 

 

It's been three months since we broke up.

But until now, I can still feel the pain.

 

I hate him so much for making me feel this way. I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM!

 

But I don't want to stay miserable. I want to move on but I don't know how. Until one day, I met Ji Yong.

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

I'm at the park. I don't know why I came here. No, actually I do. It's the 12th day of the month and it's supposed to be our monthsary. 

Back then, during our monthsaries, we would come here and play in the swings and slides. He would treat me an ice cream and then we would rest under the shade of the tree. I would always rest my head in his shoulders and he massage my hand.

 

I miss those moments...

 

I don't want to admit it, But I miss him so much.

 

I placed my hand at my chest.

 

My chest hurts so much. Why can't I move on? I want to forget him already! Why can't I?!

 

Tears rushed from my face and it started to rain.

 

People at the park started to run while I was nailed at the same spot.

 

I can't feel my legs anymore and I sat on the floor with my hands on my chest. It hurts so much that I could hardly breathe. I lowered my head as tears continue to fall.

 

"You love him that  much huh?" I heard someone speak.

 

I looked to see who it was and he waved at me. It was a man, he looks like a gangster to me, he has dark eyeliners and blonde hair. He has piercings too. I should've been scared, but he's smile is so sincere that I don't feel afraid at all.

 

 

 

 

"Who are you?" I asked him.

 

"G-Dragon. I'm Yonghwa's best friend" 

 

My smile faded. So he's a friend of that guy? Yonghwa must've asked him to spy at my miserable life right now huh? I rolled my eyes and I was about to walk away but he grabbed my arm.

 

"Let me go!" I shouted at him.

 

"Chill girl!!!"

 

"CHILL?! YOU'RE ASKING ME TO CHILL?! HOW COULD I?! MY BOYFRIEND BROKE UP WITH ME! HE PROMISED THAT HE WILL NEVER LEAVE BUT LOOK AT WHAT HE HAD DONE! HE LEFT ME! HE DIDN'T EVEN BOTHERED TO EXPLAIN! AM I REALLY THAT WORTHLESS TO HIM?! WE'VE BEEN COUPLES FOR YEARS! AND THAT'S HOW IT'S GOING TO END?! I LOVED HIM! I REALLY DID! BUT---"

 

I couldn't continue what I'm about to say because he...he suddenly hugged me. And he spouted the exact same words Yonghwa always say to me when I depressed,"Calm down princess. I'm here"

 

It was magical. Ji Yong's hug calmed me down. From then on I realized that maybe through Ji Yong I can finally move on.

 

And everything felt so possible  when I learned  that Dara knew Ji Yong all along. Maybe this  is fate.

 

Maybe Ji Yong is really my destiny.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

I ripped the photo. No use being sad about it anymore. I'm going to  move on. I'll show Yonghwa that I can be happy without him.

 

I waited at the bench near our school gate.

 

Looks like Dara is going to be late again. I reached for my phone in my pocket. I was about to dial her number when suddenly a man and a girl  outside our gate caught my attention.

 

I recognized him immediately and it was Yonghwa. I don't know who's that girl is. But one thing is clear. She's flirting with him.

 

I immediately texted Dara to come and to bring Ji Yong with him.

Who does he think he is?! HE must've planned to  come here with that girl to make me feel jealous. Well  he's wrong coz I've got Ji Yong now! 

 

I walked towards them.

 

"Jagi~ Let's go home now pleeaaase" I heard the girl say.

 

Yuck! They're living in the same house?! How disgusting!

 

I cleared my throat and that caught their attention.

 

"Seohyun!" Yonghwa looked at me with surprised eyes. 

 

Still acting huh?

 

"Seohyun I ca---"

 

He was about to say something when I cutted him.

 

"How disgusting. You're actually flirting in public. I didn't knew you were that low Yonghwa" I coldly said  which him look down. Ha! Serves you right!

 

"Hey stop talking to my hubby that way!!!!" the girl said. I looked at her with eyes full of anger and disappointment.

 

"You're so cheap" I frankly said. She flinched and Yonghwa whispered something to her.

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

"Ok jagi. Take care. Annyeong!" The girl said and she left.

 

Did he make her leave? HA! WHAT FOR?!

 

"Seohyun, I want to talk with you" he said.

 

"TALK?! I'M SORRY BUT I HAVE NO TIME FOR YOU ANYMORE!" I shouted at him and I left him. I was at the other side of the road when somebody grabbed my arm.

 

"LEAVE ME ALONE YONGHWA!" I commanded but he didn't follow.

 

"LET'S TALK PLEASE!LET ME EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!" 

 

"AFTER THREE MONTHS YOU'RE GOING TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING?! WELL THERE'S NO NEED FOR THAT ANYMORE YONGHWA! I MOVED ON!"

 

"NO I DON'T THINK YOU DID SEOHYUN." He removed his grab from me and he looked straight to my eyes. "I know you"

 

KNOW ME?! WELL THEN IF HE REALLY KNOWS ME. THE HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BROKEN UP WITH ME SINCE HE KNOWS THAT IT WOULD REALLY KILL ME! 

 

"No you don't Yonghwa. I'm not going to be your toy anymore"

 

"I didn't played with you Seohyun. I loved you and I love you still. That's why I'm here, to explain everything"

 

Should I listen? 

 

NO! 

 

He's lying! For sure he's going to make me fall in love with him again and then broke up with me.

 

Yes, he's just playing with me.

 

I looked away from him and then I noticed Dara and Ji Yong at our gate.

 

I looked back at him and said, "There's no need for explainations now Yonghwa. We're done. And you're wrong I've moved on and I love somebody else now"

 

"You love...somebody..else?" He's eyes were full of sadness I'm sure of that. But NO! Maybe it's all an act.

 

I ran towards Dara and he followed me. They were not at the gate anymore so I ran at the side of our campus and I saw them there.

"DARA?!" I called her attention.

 

"SEOHYUN WAIT!"

 He's still following me.

 

I thought of a great idea. It's time to let you feel the pain Yonghwa.

 

I ran towards Ji Yong and I kissed him.