01

A Cupid's Love Story

Hi, I'm Dara, and I'm a cupid.

And nope, I'm not kidding. I really am a cupid. But don't get me wrong, I'm  not a kid! I'm sixteen (16) years old, and of course I don't wear diapers. And more importantly, I don't meddle in someone's love story, they're the one disturbing me!

Don't get it?

Well then let me tell you how my job works.

 

***

 

"Nickhun Bhun Horvejkul?" 

 

"Ah you can call me Nickhun"

 

I just nodded. Wow this guy's name is a twister. By the way, this is my job. Still don't get it? Of course you won't. Well anyway you'll know more later. But now let us concentrate on my 1001th client in the name of Nickhun Bhun Horvej--Gya! Lets just call him Nickhun okay?!

 

"If I'm not mistakened, you're one of the kingkas in JYP Academy am I right?" I asked and he nodded.

 

"You're sixteen and you had a long time crush on SM Academy's queenka Stephanie Young Hwang AKA Tiffany"

 

He nodded again. Does he even know how to talk? Or is he just born to nod?

 

"So what do you want me to do now?" I asked him, he straightened his back and looked at me directly, "I want you to make her fall in love with me"

 

Here we go again!

People would always come to me saying that. Yes I'm a self proclaimed cupid, but no I can't make people fall in love with each other. I don't have a magical arrow and a bow to begin with! 

I can only make them realize things.

 

To fall in love or not is their choice.

 

"I don't do that" I replied blankly. 

 

"But I thought you're a cupid--I mean--you can do things like that right?" He said in a disappinted tone.

 

"What do you think of me? Some kind of a brat in a blonde afro wearing diapers?" 

 

"No I--"

 

"Let me tell you this Mr. Harvanjuk--"

 

"It's Horvenjkul"

 

"Oh, well LET ME TELL YOU THIS MR. HORVENBU, I can't make that Tiffany girl fall in love with you!" I said in a high volume. He's face fell. He's totally disapponted. TOTALLY.

 

"But I can help you though" He's face quickly brightened. "Really? But I thought--"

 

*Wow this guy is totally handsome*

 

I cleared my throat and continued, " Mr. Horvendy, Let me explain to you, I'm a self proclaimed cupid. But NO! I surely cannot make two people fall in love with each other. I'm not like those cupids in fairytales, I'm more like of a 'MODERN CUPID' who can only make people realize stuffs. To fall in love or not is your choice. Like for example..."

 

From my desk, I showed him a blue long clearbook, this clearbook contains the documents and files of my past clients.

 

I opened it and stopped at client #389, named Park Wooyoung, he's from JYP too. And apparently he's buddies with Mr. Horvendu.

 

"He's the one who told me to come to you" He said as he read the contents of Wooyoung's paper.

 

"Really? You see. This Wooyoung dude here came to me and asked me the same thing you said to me."

 

He stopped reading and looked at me directly. Geez! This boy needs to stop that stare, he's so hot I could kiss him, No kidding.

 

I cleared my throat again and continued, "He said he's in love with a girl named IU and that he wants me to make her fall in love with him too. I said to him what I said to you, that I cannot do that. Though I can help him make things straight. I researched on this IU girl and listed her likes and dislikes, and so for many days I helped him court. One day, I realized that if I were this girl I would have said yes to Wooyoung already. So how can't she? So I searched again. I learned that this girl is in love with somebody else. Of course I didn't tell that to Wooyoung, instead I became the third person in his story and saw that there's someone in his back who loves him completely."

 

"Park Se Young?" he asked and I nodded.

 

"Park Se Young is Wooyoung's childhood friend, and she's inlove with him ever since. One day,Wooyoung himself realized it too, that IU is just not meant for him. And so I asked Se Young to confess her love completely. I honestly don't know what will be the results. All I want is that they should have to be honest with their feelings instead of acting like complete fools. With much persuasion, I made her do it. Wooyoung was shocked of course and Se Young didn't earned an answer. She told me that and so I realized that I must make a move. The other day, I called Wooyoung, I said that Se Young is dying, that she was hit by a ten-wheeler truck and she only had 30 minutes to live."

 

"You've got to be kidding me?!" Mr. Hornadul asked and I just smiled it off and continued, "He rushed to the hospital of course. I was in the hospital I called Se Young to come but she hasn't arrived yet. I saw Wooyoung running towards me, he then asked me panting 'Where is Se Young' I told him she just died. Wooyoung cried, and said to me how pabo he is for not coming sooner and for not telling her he loved him too. Se Young who is at his back the whole time witnessed it. And you can guess the ending now"

 

"Those two are now dating. And they're surely one happy couple" Mr. Horajul said.

 

I smiled and added, " I was only paid half because of what have I done though. But at least it was a success. They only need something to push them to realize their feelings. That's how my job works Mr. Horanduji"

 

He smiled at me and said, "It's Horvejkul"

 

"Oh"

 

His smile completely faded and looked at me again, "What about me? Is it really impossible for Tiffany to fall inlove with me. I'm completely sure she's the one I wanted though"

 

"Hey I didn't said that and besides that's the only thing I wanted to know to start this operation and I'll ask it again Mr. Horvajki--

 

"Horvejkul"

 

"Well uhmm.. Mr. Horvejkul, are you sure with Tiffany?"

 

"Yes I am"

 

"Well let's get this mission started"