Chapter 22

Vixx lesson: don't fall in love

I stayed in bed the whole next day. It felt like I had no reason to get up. When I thought about it I really didn’t know why I was so upset. Ravi and I barely knew each other and he was always so cold, but my heart felt like it was going to explode. The feeling had somehow enhanced, I had never felt such a heartbreaking feeling before. I didn’t even bother to watch the time because who cared, really? No matter what time it was the facts was still there. The fact that I was slowly turning into some creature, which shouldn’t even exist in this world, and the fact that for some reason I didn’t even understand it was forbidden for Ravi and me to be together. And just the thought of that made me want to cry. I missed my moms’ comfort, her safe arms and the smell of her usual perfume. I even missed her annoying voice, saying I had to hurry up for school.  And I missed school. I had never thought I would say that, but I really did miss school. Sometimes N knocked on the door, asking if I didn’t want to get up. I tried to say as friendly as I could that I had a slight of an emotional breakdown at the moment, so if he could ask again in a few days, that would be nice! The last time he asked and I… friendly, thanked no he mumbled something about girls and PMS. It sounded like everyone was concerned about me on the other side of the door. It happened many times that someone was about to knock, but they had probably learned from Ns mistakes and decided not to knock… When I could see the sun starting to go down behind the trees I couldn’t help to cry more. It was so beautiful. I pulled up the duvet to the ears and hid myself in the pillow. Then someone actually knocked. Without asking for permission he stepped in anyway and came to the bed. He slowly took a seat on the bedside. The person had something with him.

“Hanna?” D.O asked. I didn’t want to answer, but I didn’t need to. He continued anyway. “I brought some food. It’s good to eat when you’re sad.” He said. I took away the pillow and allowed him to see my face. He smiled.

“How did you know I was sad?” I asked surprised.

“Well, neither you or Ravi has been able to speak with in the whole day, so I figured that it probably had something to do with you hiding in your room.” He said and gave me a glass of water. “Please, don’t starve yourself. “ D.O started to feed me with the soup that was in the bowl. I couldn’t feel the taste. “I heard downstairs that this might have something to do with you turning.” He said and gave more soup. “Are your feelings enhanced? Do you feel like you want to cry and laugh at the same time?” he said and I slowly nodded. “Yeah, that’s what they thought too… Even if someone maybe trigged it sooner, the feeling should had come anyway.” One spoon more soup. “At least that’s what they said.” He added and smiled that heart-formed smile. I tried to smile back, but it probably wasn’t that pretty. “Here, I brought a book! If things get boring.” He blinked and was just about to leave.

“Thank you, D.O!” I said. He looked me.

“Yeh, sure! Tell me if you need anything else!” he said and left. I started to feel that I kind of miss BaekHyun. The first feeling I actually could feel other that sadness. The soup had given me a warm and nice feeling all the way down to my stomach. Outside it was dark, so I would tip that it was nearly 9.p.m. I lay down again and closed my eyes for a second. I tried to imagine the smell of home and the sound of mom down in the kitchen. I tried to imagine my fathers’ footsteps outside of my room when he moved from the master bedroom to the couch. After a few tried I had to give up. It was impossible to imagine two normal people when the whole house was full of supernatural creatures that was jumping, flying, running and walking around like there was a fire. I decided that I had to do something, or I would rotten in my own sorrow. I tied a robe around my waist and went out of the room. The first thing I meet was Sehun and Luhan, who walked and laughed about something.

“OMO! Hanna, you scared me!” Sehun said shocked. “How are you? You don’t look so well!” he said. I tried to smile.

“I’m fine! I’m looking for BaekHyun, have you seen him?” I asked.

“I saw him by the piano before…” Luhan said and smiled at me. He was still bubbling of laugh.  I thanked them and left. As soon as I had left I could hear them start laughing again. They really sounded to have fun together. I found BaekHyun by the piano, just like Luhan had said. He was just randomly clinking on the keys, but somehow it sounded good anyway.  I walked closer and took a seat next to him on the piano stool. He lifted his head and smiled at me and then he continued on a new melody. This one I had heard before.

“I didn’t know you could play so good.” I said when he was done. BaekHyun nodded.

“My mom taught me…” he said.

“Did she like Beethoven too?” I asked and he nodded again.

“Symphony No.5 – Allegro con brio. It was her favorite!” His mood got bad.

“Is that what this song is called? I’ve always wondered! They play this in ‘the three Musketeers’! The cartoon movie. You know that movie with Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse.” I said and BaekHyun smiled.

“I haven’t seen that movie,” he confessed. I pretended to get terrible shocked and gasped.

“Well, you can’t continue your life without seeing ‘the three Musketeers’!” I said, took his hand and dragged him with me. I placed him in my bed and started to look for my computer. I felt BaekHyun eyes on me for every move I took.

“What are you looking at?” I asked after a while. He showed his hands to show that he was innocent. I rolled my eyes.

“I was suppose to comfort you, you know!” he said and clenched his hands in his lap.

“You are!” I replied. He did help just by being there and talking. If he talked to me I didn’t have to think about anything else. Meaning Ravi. I found the computer and came to sit next to him. I don’t really know if he actually thought the movie was as good as it seemed like he thought, after all, it was a kids movie! But either way, I was happy that he at least sat there with me and watched a movie and pretended to have fun. I was tired of being alone. Then he took my hand.

“You look tired.” He said. “Sleep if you want to!” I did actually feet tired, so I did as he said and laid my head on his shoulder and fell asleep. It was a good feeling, sleeping on his shoulder. I felt like home.

Next morning when I woke up BaekHyun was gone. I was hungry, so I left my room and went to the kitchen. Everyone was gathered there, even the werewolves. 

“What’s going on?” I asked. Ken turned around and came to me.

“Hanna, good morning! Nothing!” he said happy and took my shoulders. He leaded me away from the kitchen again. I tried to turn my head to look back but Ken stopped me. “Are you hungry Hanna? Leo can take you somewhere to eat! Or maybe you want to go with Luhan, or Sehun? You know what? You can go with them all if you want!” he said and smiled weird. “Would you like that?”

“No, I want to know what’s going on!” I demanded. Ken smiled again.

“It’s nothing, really, I swear! We just think that maybe you want to get out for a while…”

“Well, if so is the case, I want to go BaekHyun.” I said. Ken got a strange expression on his face.

“Isn’t there someone else? BaekHyun can’t right now…” he said. Something was wrong.

“No! I want to go with him, or no one!” I said and crossed my arms on the chest. Ken sighed.

“I’m sorry Hanna! BaekHyun can’t! He’s already out.” He said and regretted that in the same moment as he had said it. My eyes expanded.

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but maybe you could conceder going out and eat with me?” it was Ravi. I slowly turned mu head 90 degrades. He stood there with my jacket ready, showing me to come with him. My head moved like automatically up and down and my body started to move in Ravis direction.  “Just fore this once.” He added when I took my jacked and left the building. It was like everything was good now; I didn’t care if BaekHyun had gone to travel the world without me or if a snail passed me in super speed right now. All I cared about was that Ravi talked to me in an almost nice tone and wanted to eat breakfast with me. I didn’t even bather to care about why he wanted to eat with me, which I probably should have… He gave Ken a look when he passed him and Ken returned to the kitchen. Outside there was a familiar car waiting. It was that car that Ravi had picked me up in that time when he had driven me to school. I took a seat in the passenger seat and just a few seconds later Ravi joined me in the car.

“Where would you like to eat?” he asked without looking at me.

“Maybe at the new restaurant by the school?” Ravi looked at the watch.

“No, it’s soon morning break in school and the most students go to buy coffee at that time.” He said. I pouted my lips.

“Please! You said I got to choose! I have never eaten there!” I said as cute as I could. Ravi gave me an annoyed look. Then he sighed and drove. I took the silence as a sign that he wasn’t going to ask about a new place to eat. I cheered myself inside and tried not to look so happy.

“Try to not look so satisfied.” He said after a while. “It’s annoying!” I nodded but couldn’t help to smile anyway. The school was just across the street, so anyone could probably see us when we parked and left the car, but hopefully they were so in to the studies so they didn’t bather to look out of the window. I ordered a toast without tomatoes and coffee with sugar. Ravi gave me a strange look when I specially said ‘without tomatoes.’

“What? Do you have to like everything?” I said and took my breakfast. It was almost empty in the restaurant so Ravi decided that we should sit in the corner, so no one would notice us. We ate in silence. After a while the silence started to get awkward so I tried to find something to break the ice with.

“Where is BaekHyun?” was the first thing that popped up in my head. Ravi looked at me, then he continued eating like he didn’t hear me. I scratched my head a bit.

“Can you tell me something about your uncle?” I tried. Now he stopped chewing and stared at me. “Maybe not...” I said and kept eating my toast in silence. “How about..” I started but Ravi interrupted me.

“Please Hanna, just be quiet! This is hard enough as it is!” I could se that he really tried to not scream.

“Sorry…” I said and looked down in the plate. Then the door opened and I could hear some girls’ laugh and talk. I looked up on Ravi. He looked insecure a few seconds, then he told me to lean closer. He pulled up his hood and leaned closer he too. The girls looked strange at us and took a seat some meters away. This was really uncomfortable, leaning on the table like that. Of course the door opened again and I heard more peoples voices. Ravi looked mad. See, this was why we should have gone to another place. I heard his voice. Soon the restaurant was full except for the tables next to us.

“Excuse me, sir. Can we sit here?” someone asked like we owned the tables. Ravi looked at me and sighed. Then he turned his head up and the girl’s eyes expanded.

“Sure, we were done anyway.” He said and looked me again. “Right? When he raised everyone stared and gasped. Then he took my arm and dragged me out. I tried to keep my face down but I could hear people whispering my name anyway. Somewhere in the crowd I could se Sun HI’s face. I wanted to say something to her, anything to explain the situation, but I couldn’t. Instead I had to follow Ravi outside, where a huge scolding probably waited…