Chapter 8 -Junyoung

Worth The Bets

I was having a rest on the hospital bed. The doctor said that I showed a very good progress so I will get discharged early than they expected. "I'm going home tomorrow. Can you come so that I can kiss you?" I muttured to myself as my fingers were typing quickly on my phone. I pressed the SEND button and put my phone aside.

It didn't take long time for me to receive a reply. I excitedly opened the text message and read it, "No"

I smirked after I read the message. I put the phone aside and wiped my face. I thought that I need to get use to Junka's cold attitude. It wasn't like she was awlays being cold. Only sometimes when she wanted to look cool. Okay, if that's what she wants, I'll play along.

I put my arm on my forhead as I closed my eyes. I heard a knock on the door and the sound of the door slid open. I lifted up my head a little and saw Heechul walked in with a plastic bag of snacks in his hand.

"Yo" I said as I tried to sit up. 

"Feeling better?" Heechul asked as he walked towards the side of my bed. He put the snacks on the table and sat on the chair next to the bed. He put his right leg on his left leg. He rested his right arm on the armchair and with his fingers, he traced his jaw.

I nodded my head and turned my body to face him. I was laying on my side. "Feeling real good".  He took a deep breath and frowned to me. He was staring at me with a weird face as if I had been acting out of ordinary. "What?" I asked.

He took another deep breath while positioning the way he sit. He rested his arms on his knees and clasped his hands together. He put a smirk on his face. I knew Heechul for too long and I knew what that smirk meant. "Do you tell everything about Junka to your mother?" he asked.

I turned my body so now I was laying on my back while groaning in disbelief. "She forced me to do that" 

A wicked smile was curved on his face. From that smile I knew he was planning to tell everyone about it and he was about to burst into a laugh. "What are you? Mama's boy?"

"Shut up" I growled and gave him a death glare. My glare was not as intensed as Heechul's so he wasn't really taken aback by the glare. 

"What?! Relax. I'm not going to tell anyone anyway" he chuckled.

I glared at him. "As if I am going to believe that. I know you too well Jung Heechul"

"You just admit it that you really are a Mama's Boy" he giggled.

I rolled my eyes and covered my face with my arm again, not wanting to drag this immature argument. "Whatever" I muttured. He stopped giggling when he saw I was no longer interested with the argument. "I will get discharge tomorrow" I continued, still not looking at him.

"Good for you then" he responded.

I put my arm off my face. I took a deep breath before I turned my head to look at my best friend. "Will you be here tomorrow?" I asked.

"Why should I? You are big enough to pack your own stuffs and go home" he smirked.

"Will you come if Junka comes tomorrow?" I asked and my expression was serious. 

Heechul looked surprised by the question. His eyes widened and he almost gasped before a wicked smile again, was curved on his face. "Will you be jealous?" he asked.

This time it were my eyes widened. 

 

---------------------

 

Heechul asked me to meet him at our school rooftop during recess time. I have no idea why he suddenly wanted to meet me but I was pretty sure that something's not good. I slowly walked up the stairs with both of my hands inside the pocket. It was very cold outside so there were no students who were dumb enough to spend their recess time at the rooftop. But now, Heechul and I are the stupidos to meet at the rooftop. 

When I opened the door that lead to the rooftop, Heechul was already there. He was standing near the fence, looking at the scenery of the town. I closed the door behind me and walked towards him. He turned his body to face me when he heard my footsteps.

"Yah, it's cold out here. Why you want to meet here? There are so many other places which is warmer where we can meet" I exclaimed. 

Heechul just stared at me. He smirked to me before slid his hand inside his trousers pocket to reach out for something. I frowned to him because he really looked different today.

He was a very cold person and always act like a bad boy when he wasn't. He only acted cold so that the girls would like him and thought he was cool. The truth about him, he was a very talkative and bubbly person especially around the bandmates. He was a fun person. A guy who was actually easy to approach despite his intense stare. Heechul was nice and very reliable. Plus, he was the only child in his family so he spent most of the time with my dongsaengs. They got closer with him. Sometimes when they don't feel like sharing with me their problems, they would go to Heechul and tell him everything. Heechul was a very good advisor. That was why my dongsaengs really like him and I could really rely on him after my father passed away.

But now, his expression was serious. He looked like a judge in the middle of the brainstorming in order to decide what kind of punishment should be given to the criminals in the court. He took out a wallet from his pocket. He opened it and took out some notes. He handed the notes to me. "This is 60k won. Break up with her. I wanted to tell you this when I visited you at the hospital. But looking at your condition, I changed my mind. Here. Take it" 

My jaw dropped open and my eyes widened. I look from the notes back to Heechul. He was still smiling as if nothing really happened. "The bets are still on going. It's only been a month. I have two months to go" I said.

Heechul scoffed to my response. He scratched his head with his pinky finger. "You said it that it is not nice to play with a girl's feelings so before Lee Junka knows about this, I'm asking you to break up with her" 

"How sure are you that I am playing with her feelings?" I frowned.

"Since you spent more time with Naeun. Your ex-girlfriend who cheated on you"

"Wait" I said as I took a deep breath and stared into Heechul's eyes. "Is it my fault now? She was the one who refused to join us snowboarding"

"But Junka is your girlfriend and not Naeun. Naeun was clearly trying to get your attention back and I couldn't believe it that you fell for Naeun even though you said you already over her long time ago. Are you really that stupid?" Heechul smirked. "You think I did not know what you two talked about that night?"

My eyes widened. Heechul was eavesdropping on us.

 

~~~The night before the accident~~~

Heechul went out to ask for an extra blanket from the housekeeping since they did not answer to our call since 1 hour ago. I was laying on the bed with a phone right beside me. Hyungshik has already fall asleep beside my bed. He surely ate a lot during the dinner just now. I didn't expect for him to eat that much. I was about to go into my dreamland when I felt a vibration. It was my phone. 

I took it and brought it to my face. It was a text message from Naeun. Believe it or not, even though we broke up last year, I still had her phone number in my contact list. I wondered why she suddenly send me a text message. She never gave a damn about me before this but ever since Junka became my girlfriend, it became a big deal for her. I slid my finger to unlock my phone. 

Come out to the veranda at the lobby. I have something to talk about with you. 

I figured it must be one of her tactics to trap me just like before. I ignored the message and buried my phone under my pillow. When I tried to adjust my head on the pillow to go to sleep, there was another vibration from the phone. I dug under the pillow for my phone and slid to unlock it.

You better come out now if you want to save your relationship with Lee Junka.

Okay. That was a threat. I got up from my bed, grabbed the gloves and the room key that were on the table, put on my boots and walked out of the room. The lobby was almost empty because it was late at night and I was pretty sure that everyone must had been in their room, to avoid the cold. I headed to the main entrance where the veranda at. I saw a figure was leaning against the fence and I knew that figure too well.

"What?" I asked as I stood behind her. I was few steps away from her when she turned her body around to face me. 

She shot a smile. "Well hello ex-boyfriend. Come here" she said as she gestured her hand asking for me to walk up to her and stand beside her.

I let out a sigh before I walked to her and stood next to her. I turned to look at her. "How did y--"

I was cut off when she forcely grabbed my neck and kissed me on my lips. 

I held both of her wrists, pulled it off my neck and broke the kiss. I took a step backward while wiping my lips with the back of my hand. "What the hell Son Naeun?!" I yelled.

She smirked at me. "You used to love my lips so much. Now that you have Lee Junka, you like her kiss even more?"

"I don't want to hear anymore crap that you try to point out. For your information, you and I are over last year" I said before I started to walk, heading to the entrance.

Naeun stopped me by grabbing my upper arm. She looked at me into my eyes. "I'm sorry about the kiss. Please stay" she said.

I looked back at her. She sounded as if she really sincere apologizing to me. I let out a sigh before I joined her, leaning on the fence while facing the hills. "Why are you here?" I asked as I clasped both of my hands together. 

"I heard about you guys coming here. So you can say I followed you guys here. I miss snowboarding too" she explained. I didn't say anything because I really didn't want to have any conversation with her. I just hoped that someone or something miracle could happen right here, right now so I could get away from her.

"I miss you" she continued while her hand slowly slid from my arm to my hands.

She wanted to intertwined our fingers when I pulled my hand back. "Bull" I responded.

"Are you feeling disgust with me?" she asked. I didn't answer her question. Instead I just stared at her. "You feel disgust with me because I slept with Gareki right?"

I still did not give any answer because she was right though. 

"So you know Mr So Innocent Moon Junyoung. When Lee Junka knows about you and I, we had spent pretty much, or should I say, almost every night together, on the bed, she will feel disgust with you as well" she explained and that gave me quite a surprise. My eyes widened to hear that. She continued, "I guess that's the reason why you want our relationship to be secret. Because you don't want to be humiliate because you already had with me. Countless time"

I was left speechless. I didn't know what to answer or what to respond. I just listened to her threat obediently like an idiot. "Remember that. Sooner or later. She will know about it" she continued. "If you want this to be keep as a secret safely, make sure you spend the time snowboarding with me tomorrow"

I didn't have the chance to give an answer to Naeun when someone shouted my name. "Yah Moon Junyoung!" I turned around and saw Junka was standing there.

I had to go with Naeun tomorrow because it was too late to say no to Naeun now.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

"Do you remember now? You don't deserve her. You kissed Naeun when you already have Lee Junka. Just call yourself lucky that Junka didn't see both of you kissing" Heechul exclaimed.

"It wasn't me!" I yelled. "It was Naeun who kissed me first". I wiped my face before I turned to Heechul again. "Let me remind you of something. It was you, Taehun and Kwanghee hyung who started it. If not because of this bet, I would not have to propose her to be my girlfriend. So is it my fault now?" I asked. My voice was strict but I was sure to make it low and calm. I really hated it when I had to argue with my best friend. 

"That is why I want to end this bet right here and right now. You don't have to continue the relationship because when she knows about this, you are a dead meat" he exclaimed.

"The real reason you want me to break up with Junka because you like her right?" I replied. Heechul seemed surprised by my question. His eyes widened and he couldn't respond to my question. "Too bad best friend, I love her now. I love her so much and I won't het her go. Even for my best friend!"  

Heechul didn't say anything. He didn't even flinch. He just stared into my soul as if he could take it from my body.

"You made a mistake. You should have admitted it when I asked you if you like her. You were a fool because you didn't confess right away" I yelled.

He scoffed before another of his wicked smirk curved on his face. "Yes. I like her before the bet" he said and this time it was me who seemed surprised. I already knew it that he had feelings towards Junka because it was pretty obvious even before I proposed to her. Heechul continued. "That was because I thought you couldn't complete the bets and I thought you would only last for at most, a week but wow. You amazed me best friend. I didn't know that you could play with someone's feelings for like, what? A month?" He chuckled. "I thought you are that nice guy who never want to play with anyone's feelings. At least, that was what you told us"

I sighed. "Didn't you hear me earlier? I told you that I love Lee Junka and she's my girlfriend. There is no way that I will let her go"

"She will force you to let her go when she knows what was the real reason you proposed her to be your girlfriend" He smirked. "It's because of the bets"

I really never think of that coming. All this while as long as the bets was kept secret from Junka to know, I would be save. No one knew about this bet except for the 4 of us. But now, Jung Heechul, my best friend since we were little kids, trying to threaten me. 

Heechul walked up to me, heading towards the door. He stood right beside me while he put one of his hands on my right shoulder. "I'm warning you. Be careful because I really am going to steal her from you" he warned me. His voice was low and it sounded like a whisper but it wasn't. The words that came out from his mouth were cleared inside my ear. 

He tapped on my shoulder twice before he continued to walk to the door. I was left alone on the rooftop. 

 

To be continued...