Chapter 11

Worth The Bets

After they ate the cake, they went back upstairs, continued doing whatever they were doing before they came down. Junyoung went upstairs too when I helped his mother to serve the food. She asked me to laid down the table at the middle of the living room. I did as what she told me. After that I helped her served all the food that she had cooked on the table. 

"Dinner is served. Come down now" Junyoung's mother shouted from downstairs. I was busy setting up the chopsticks and the spoons on the table when Junyoung's mother nudged at me. "I'll do this. Go take the drink inside the refrigerator"

"Ne" I smiled as I got up and headed to the kitchen. 

The kids came down the stairs running and headed straight to the living room. Junyoung who had Hwayoung in his hands walked down slowly as precaution. He put Hwayoung down as he reached the floor. I walked into the living room with the water bottle in my hand. I kneeled down beside the table and slowly poured the water into the glasses. I asked Jaeyoung who sat next to me to pass around the glass and she did as what I told her. Now I understand how it feels to have younger siblings so that you can order them around.

I sat next to Jaeyoung and Junyoung sat opposite of me. Nina sat in between Jaeyoung and Jinyoung while Hwayoung sat in between Junyoung and her mother. I counted the heads and we someone was missing. I cleared my throat before I asked. "Where's Mina? She's not going to eat with us?" 

"Mina will not going to eat at the same table as oppa. I will eat well" Nina carelessly said while she grabbed her chopsticks and started take the side dishes into her rice bowl. 

"Ya" Junyoung said as he glared towards Nina. 

"Don't you know how to shut your mouth?" it was his mother this time. She glared towards Nina and Nina just frowned.

"What?" she blinked as she shoved more food into .

Junyoung's mother glared at Nina before she turned to me and smiled. "Junka-yah. Eat a lot okay?"

I just nodded and put a smile as wide as possible. The mood at the dinner table turned out to be very awkward. I was looking at Junyoung when he was busy picking the side dishes into his rice bowl. He looked as if he was mad with what Nina just said but he didn't let out. I could see in his face that he was holding it in. 

I gotta find out what happened to them. Pretty much sure that they were not in good relationship like what I expected.

 

 

"Are you done now?" Junyoung asked when I was busy doing the dishes. He was leaning against the kitchen counter next to me. 

I rinsed the last cup and put it aside. I took out the gloves as I turned to Junyoung. "Done" I said as I put the gloves aside. "Why?" I asked.

"Follow me" Junyoung said as he grabbed my hand and led me upstairs. 

"Where are we going?" I asked.

We entered a room and I was pretty sure it was his room. I was looking around his room when I heard the door shut behind me. His room wasn't huge. It was small but big enough for him. There was a bed against the wall and a study table next to it. The study table was facing the window. Facing the bed was a rack that filled with books and CDs. There were few boxes that were arranged neatly against the book rack. Next to his bed, there was his closet. The walls were decorated with various types of bands poster. I was a bit relieved that there wasn't any girl poster on his wall. 

"Impressed?" Junyoung asked as he sat on the bed. 

"Yeahh. Your room is not that big but I'm impressed because it's neat" I complimented. I walked to his book racks and scanned on the books that he have been reading. Just so many of romance novels. No wonder he knows how to flirt. 

"Thanks" he said. "I used to share my room with Jinyoung but since I am older now and I kept insist on having my very own room, so now I have one" he explained.

I turned to him. He was laying on his bed with a music sheet his hand. "You kidding me? Are you saying you chase your brother out just so you can have the room by yourselg?" 

"This room used to be bigger. My mum hired someone to build the wall and divide it into 2. Jinyoung's room is next to mine"

"Cool. So does the girls share room?" I asked.

"Yep" he nodded his head. "The twins share the same room and so does Hwayoung and Jaeyoung" 

I walked over to the boxes. The box on the top wasn't seal properly and I could see a glimpse that was very familiar to me. I opened the box and saw a pair of red boxing gloves. My eyes widened as I took out the gloves from the box. I turned to him. "You do boxing too?"

Junyoung's eyes shifted from the music sheet to me. His eyes widened and he looked unpleasant with me holding his boxing gloves. "Too?" he asked me back.

"I mean" I said as I shook my head. I almost get caught there. "You do boxing?" 

"Yeahh" he said as he looked back at his music sheet. "But that was long time ago"

"What happened?" I asked as I sat at the beanie bag facing him on the bag. 

Junyoung turned his body towards me. He put his elbow on the bed to support his body so he could look at me. "Well" he cleared his throat before he continued. "My father was a boxer. He taught me and my other siblings boxing. Trust me. My father was the best boxer in town and he never lost in a game or championship until one day. Our family had economy crisis. My father lost his job because the company he used to work for had economy crisis. My father tried to find a job elsewhere but he couldn't find one until one day, he found out about the illegal boxing tournament"

I gulped as I heard Junyoung mentioned 'illegal boxing tournament'. I tried to maintain my expression so he wouldn't get suspicious. 

"He joined the tournament without any of us know about it. My mother went tantrum about it because how can a jobless man suddenly came home with a briefcase of large amount of money in cash. My father explained everything to my mother. My mum asked him to stop joining the competition because it's dangerous but my dad insisted on joining the tournament. My father got used to winning the tournament until one day, a new competitor joined in. My dad was confident that he could beat that guy but he was wrong. The competitor beat my dad till his last breath"

My eyes widened. He scoffed to look at my expression before he continued "My dad died because of boxing. If he didn't join the illegal tournament, he would still alive today" 

"That's why you quit boxing?" I asked, making sure that every word that I used will not hurt his feelings.

Junyoung nodded his head. "My mother made us swear to never ever join boxing again. She even burnt all of the boxing gloves and everything involves boxing inside this house and only that survived" he said as he pointed with his mouth to the gloves I was holding. "Minah hid the gloves.That's why it survived. Actually, I agreed with what my mum did. I had the same thought as her except for Minah"

"What happened?" I asked.

 Junyoung sat up on the bed. He took the gloves from my hand and put it aside. He then grabbed my hands and slowly carressed at the back of my hand using his thumbs. "When my father taught us boxing, he actually very impressed with Minah's boxing skills. She improved her moves and her skills every single time. Minah was the best among all of us. She is even better than me. She insists on keep doing boxing. I talked to her to take lessons of what happened to our father but Minah was being rebellious. One day, I caught her trying to sneak out of the house to join the illegal tournament too. I confiscated the gloves from her and never return it back to her. That is why she hated me so much"

I gulped. For a moment I was glad that Lee Sanha was my brother even though he knew how many times boxing nearly killed me. Frankly, I didn't know whose side should I be with. What Junyoung did was right. He just wanted to protect his family so that the thing that happened to his father didn't happen to his other siblings. I feel pity towards Minah though because boxing was her passion. She wanted to pursue what her father inherit to her. Boxing talents. If I were put to be Minah, I would act the same towards my brother too. 

I put a weak smile and pat on his hand. "You did a good job as a brother"

Junyoung smiled back to me. "I know. Now can you give me a kiss as a compliment?"

I smirked as I stood up and walked to the door. "I want to play with Hwayoung before I go home" I said as I held the knob and opened th door. I walked out of the room and left Junyoung alone in his room.

 

 

"Yah Lee Junka! Wake up" a man voice said as he shook my body from my back. I was sleeping  on my side and I was pretty sure the man was squating behind my back. I turned my body so I could face the man as I rubbed my eyes and as what I expected, the man was Junyoung.

"Mwo?" I asked as I looked at him. He was staring at me when I finally realized, he was looking at my just awoke face. I covered my face with both of my hands and chuckled to myself.

I heard Junyoung chuckled too. He slowly trying to remove my hands from my face but I insisted. "What are you doing?" he asked in between his chuckles.

"It's embarassing" I muttured.

"Oh come on. This is not the first time I look at your swollen face" he complained.

I removed my hands and glared at him. He was right though. He had seen so many of my swollen faces so why would I even care now? I turned to my side to see that Hwayoung wasn't there. I was sure that Hwayoung was fast asleep beside me before I went to sleep. We were sleeping in the living room in front of the TV. "Where's Hwayoung?" I asked.

"I've put her in her bed upstairs. It's already 3 in the morning. I think you should stay over here" Junyoung explained.

"Sure" I said as I sat up and leaned at the couch.

"Here" he said as he gave me 2 futons. "Help me to spread this here. We are going to have a movie night" he explained as he ran upstairs to get the blankets and pillows. 

"Why are we having a movie night at 3 freaking in the morning? We should go to sleep" I said as I got up and laid down the futon.

I turned to the stairs when I heard footsteps. I thought it was Junyoung but I was wrong. It was Minah. I was sure it was Minah because Nina wore something else before. Plus, Minah looks a bit more slimmer compared to Nina. Minah walked into the kitchen without even bother to look at me. She took a glass of plain water and walked back to the stairs. She took a glance at the living room and stopped in front of the stairs. Minah looked at me and I looked back at her. She looked surprised when she saw me. I just nodded my head as a sign of greetings. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. She blinked then quickly ran back upstairs.   

I shrugged as I thought that was one awkward moment. Junyoung then came down with blankets and pillows in his arms. He walked to me and put down the pillows while I helped him laying down the blankets. After everything was done only then I realize. I turned to Junyoung and my expression was completely saying that 'Are you serious?' 

"We are not going to sleep together right?" I asked with a worried face. 

"What? You don't want to sleep with me?" he asked.

"Not today!" I exclaimed.

He smirked before he continued. "Don't worry. We are not going to do anything though. Just movie night. You can trust me" he ensured me. He slumberly sat while his back leaned at the couch. He straighten his legs before he shifted his gaze on me. He patted the spot beside him. "Come and sit" he said. 

"I want to get some drink" I said as I walked away and went to the kitchen.

"Please get me a glass of water"

"Okay" I responded. I took two glasses and filled it with plain water. I came back and sat next to him while sitting down. The movie has started when I came back. "What movie is this?" I asked.

"English movie. The Hunger Games" he answered as he slowly spread his arm on the couch so that he could pulled me in closer to him. 

I leaned closer to him as I drank the water. "Oh. I've read the novel and I already know how it will end" I said.

Junyoung turned to me. "No way. You read English novels?" 

"Yeah" I smirked. "You think I can't read English novels?"

"But it will be hard"

"It won't be hard if you practice a lot" I explained. 

"Can I kiss you now?" he asked.

"No. Just focus on the movie" I said as I turned my face to look at the TV.

"Okay okay" he said but it doesn't sound like he was disappointed or something. Soon after that he gave me a peck on my cheek. He quickly turned to the TV when I looked at him. He was acting innocent. I took a deep breath and just gonna let this go. 

 

---------------------

to be continued...

 

~~~

SORRY SORRY SORRY! For not updating for like ages. For those who have been waiting for this story to get updated, thank you very much. My final exam will start in one more week so I gotta study hard because I don't want to fail. Please pray for me and wish me luck. Thanks and love ya <3