Sent 2014 April 7th 09.21

La Dolce Vita

From:
[email protected]

To:
[email protected]

Subject: My diabolically satanic boss.

 

Dear Lee Chaerin,

I strongly believe in my intuition that to be a successful businessman, firstly you have to be a civilized person. Why did I bring up this topic out of the blue, you would think Chae?

It was my first day of work. I arrived late because my car's tires went flat and I had to take the bus which was strangely crowded that day. As I ran my way through the crowds of people going in and out of the KF ( Kwon Fashion) building, I almost tripped twice, twisted my right leg a bit in the process. I believed I looked like a horrible mess when I finally arrived at the 63th floor ( That floor is exclusively for him and his personal secretary, which is me. How professional! ). What was surprising for me was that my boss didn't get mad at all.

"I'm really sorry. I apologize I arrived late for my first day of work. I wouldn't tell you my reason 'cause I believe bosses don't need to hear that. They would think their employees are trying to defend themselves. Therefore I simply apologize, you can cut off the amount of money from my first check." I said as I tried to look as guilty as I could. His expression was unreadable for a few seconds, the he let out a laugh.

A.

FREAKIN.

LAUGH.

There were lots of rumors saying that he's a stiff and taciturn person, and not to mention his behavior toward that one employee the day before. I couldn't believe he just laughed it off, acted as if my guilty attitude was to exaggerated, and that employee being late was not that big of a matter to be discussed. He then chuckled and handed me some stacks of paper.

"What are those?" I asked.

"Paperworks. You're my secretary, it's your job to do those, is it?" I hated sarcasm, Chae, really! But he managed to cover his sarcasm with a very aspartame-sweet tone that I didn't even get to feel irritated. I took the paper and walked out of his office, heading towards my desk. I sat down, feeling comfortableness of an expensive leather chair as I put on my glasses and started checking over the papers. It was all in English, that was my punishment, I supposed. He acted all easy-going and nice and all, but in the end it was just an act of facade to hide his demonic nature. Two could play the game. It's true that I got D in my Korean Lit class, but that didn't mean I wasn't good in English. I did tell you that I grew up with my parents believing that English was more important than our mother's language, so I could say that my English was above average. ( I still can't believe I didn't know the meaning of "castrated".)
So I the iMac in front of me, cracked my knuckles, and started typing a report. 


After spending a whole 3 hours writing those damned reports, I finally got to see the light of the day. I printed them, walked to Satan ( a.k.a Kwon Jiyong)'s office, and happily handed him the reports. And what he called his criticism really grinded my gears and successfully ruined my mood for the day.

"Too much grammar errors"

"Please pay special attention at the punctuation! You should know when to use full stops." I really felt like "full-stopping" his life at that moment, really. I was on period and I guess my mood was at its worst state.

"Lemme tell you a thing, your English really intrigues me to scratch my balls hard, yes it's that bad. Your grammar errors are just too much, I feel like I'm slowly and painfully being castrated as I read your reports"

".. I'm sorry, sir. But what does castrated mean?" Later on I knew I shouldn't have asked. He looked as if he's about to burst out laughing.

"Now go out and have your lunch."

"I.. How about the reports? Shall I redo them?"

"There's no need to do so. Just have your ing lunch and be back at 2"

Since he insisted so much, I bowed at him and left his office. I had just closed his office's door when I heard a roaring laugh from inside. 

He laughed. HE. FRIGGIN. LAUGHED. He laughed at me twice today! I simply couldn't believe it. That diabolic satan.


As I made my way to the cafeteria, our maknae suddenly nudged me from behind and clinged to my arms.

"Eonni! How's work?" she dared to ask. 

"It was okay" I replied shortly. Still  not realizing the current situation, she started blabbering about her rude and authoritative team leader. She then nudged my shoulder and said dreamily, "You're so lucky to be our CEO's personal secretary! He's so nice and handsome. So charming!! Argh.."

"GONG MINZY" someone behind us shouted. "Aishh, that's my team leader. He's so damn grumpy. I've got to go, eon! Bye!" she waved and ran towards her team leader.

Lucky? Did she just say I was lucky? LUCKY.

LUCKY.

LUCKY.

LUCKY.

For the love of chicken's rear end, I wasn't lucky at all.

WAS.

NOT.

LUCKY.

 I worked for Satan himself.

S.A.T.A.N

 

XOXO,
Sandara Park


Author's note:

I SIMPLY CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT 2 UPVOTES ALRD <3<3
*floats on cloud nine*

Uhm, and here's the first chapter! ENJOY!