Riddle No. 7; Basketball Shooting

It Wasn't Fate, But Our Annoying Siblings That Brought Us Together

I'm sorry if you think I'm making the story progress too slowly =-=

--------------------

You and L.Joe eventually made your way to the basketball court, and as both of you stepped inside, you saw another man, standing next to the basketball hoop. The both of you walked over to where the man was, and then asked for the instructions to get the stamp. "Each of you must shoot the ball into the hoop three times." the man instructed.

You bit your lip. *I'm not good at shooting.. let alone that I'm not even good at sports.* you thought to yourself.

L.Joe got one of the basketballs from the man, and then both of you made your way over to the hoop. "Shall I go first?" L.Joe asked.

You eagerly nodded. L.Joe smiled. He walked over to the middle of the ring, while you sat down on a chair nearby. You watched as L.Joe swiftly made his first ball go through the hoop. *He makes it look so easy...* you thought to yourself.

--------

Within a matter of seconds, L.Joe had finished shooting his three balls into the hoop, and it was now time for you to do it. You slowly got up, and then bit your lip, as you made your way over to whre L.Joe was. L.Joe passed you the ball, and then you took it from him hesitantly. You stood in the middle of the ring, not knowing what to do. L.Joe was standing behind you, watching you. You felt embarrassed and nervous, but you attempted to get the ball into the hoop.

It didn't go in. You bit your lip and then picked the ball up from the floor, and attempted again. You attempted around five times, untl you gave up, panting. L.Joe looked at you with shocked eyes. He never knew that you weren't good at sports. He came over to you and then held out a hand. You looked up from the ground to see L.Joe, smiling as he helf out his hand. Without hesitating, you took his hand and then stood up, embarrassed.

"I never knew that you weren't good at sports." L.Joe said.

You bit your lip. "Well.. I AM  a nerd..." you said.

"True, but not all nerds aren't sporty. A lot of nerds are sporty actually." L.Joe pointed.

You bit your lip again. "Well, I'm sorry for not being sporty.." you pouted.

"Don't worry, I'll teach you!" L.Joe smiled.

You turned your head to look at him. "Bwoh!?" you half shouted.

"Yeah, I'll teach you how to shoot the ball in!" L.Joe repeated.

You slowly nodded, as you pretty much had no choice. L.Joe took the ball from you, and then demonstrated in a slow movement. You watched carefully, and then it was time for you to attempt a shot again. This time, when you shot, surprisingly, it landed in. Your eyes were wide, and your mouth was gaping open. "D - Did I just do that?" you asked yourself.

"Yes, you did." L.Joe answered for you.

"Omo!" you said. 

You couldn't believe that you had shot a ball into the hoop. "Only two more to go!" L.Joe teased.

You pouted, as you attempted again. This time, it fell out once again, and you had returned to your starting position. "Nnnggh.." you mumbled.

L.joe slightly chuckled at you, as you were determined to get the ball in. You attempted another shot, and what do you know, it landed in! "YES! Only one more!" you yelled.

"Good luck!" L.Joe smiled.

-----------

"Grrr..." you 'gr'ed, as you had done ten attempts to get the last ball in.

"Why won't it go in!?" you mumbled to yourself.

L.Joe sighed at you, smiling, and then walked over to you. He wrapped his arms around your little body, and then held the ball that you were holding. "Here, hold it like this." L.Joe instructed.

You slowly nodded, as your cheeks began to flush in all different kinds of red. "And then, you shoot it... like this." L.Joe instructed, as he took your hands and then lifted them up for you, shooting the ball. You both looked at the ball, which landed perfectly through the hoop.

"W - Wow.. Thanks L.Joe.." you thanked, while still blushing.

"You're welcome. Now let's go get the stamp from the man." L.Joe said.

You nodded, and then after you got the stamp, you headed for riddle no. 8, riddle no. 9 and riddle no. 10.