The Final Obstacle

It Wasn't Fate, But Our Annoying Siblings That Brought Us Together

You and L.Joe made your way over to the entrance of the hotel, and then saw 5 stands with 6 pieces of bread on each of them. You and L.Joe went over to the stands and then saw someone from the hotel standing there. You went up to him and then asked, "Um.. excuse me mister.. but what do we do?"

"You must wait for the other 4 pairs to arrive for this final obstacle." the man said.

"Oh.. okay." you said, as you made your way back to L.Joe.

"What did he say?" L.Joe asked.

"We have to wait for the others to arrive.." you explained.

"BWOH!? You're saying we have to wait here for who knows how long!?" he yelled.

You nodded. "I'm going to get bored..." L.Joe said.

"Same.." you agreed.

-------------------

"YES!" Ricky and Ciel both yelled, as they finally finished getting out of the net.

"Urgh... This is so annoying.. and tiring.."  the other 3 pairs complained.

"Haha! Have fun!" Ciel teased, as she poked her tongue out.

"Alright then. You and Ricky can go to where L.Joe and ~~~~ are." Mr. Jjang said.

"Okay!" Ricky yelled, as he and Ciel ran to the hotel entrance.

---------------

You and L.Joe were already bored, while waiting for the others to arrive. You then could hear some running footstep noises and then you perked up, to see Ricky and Ciel sprinting over to where you were. "Wow wow! Calm down!" you said.

Ricky and Ciel then halted. "What are you guys doing?" Ricky asked.

"We're waiting for the other 3 pairs to arrive.." L.Joe said.

"WHAT!? We have to wait for the others to come before we can start this last activity? Are you SERIOUS!?" Ciel yelled.

"Yes we're serious." you said, covering your ears.

"Oh my gosh..." Ricky said.

"BUT! THEY'RE NOT EVEN HALFWAY THROUGH THE NETS YET!" Ciel yelled.

"BWOH!?" you and L.Joe yelled.

"Man, we're gonna have to wait for AGES!" L.Joe complained.

"Urgh.." you mumbled.

----------------

It had been 20 minutes since Ricky and Ciel had arrived, and you four were still waiting for 2 more pairs to arrive. "This.. is so boring." you complained.

"Yeah.." Ciel agreed.

"Mmmhmm..." Ricky said.

"Oh look! There's the last 2 groups!" L.Joe yelled, pointing at the 2 pairs, that were slowly walking.

"FINALLY!" you all yelled.

"Oh.. my.. gosh.. I'm so tired.." one of the pairs said.

-------------

After the 2 pairs got some rest, Mr. Jjang had arrived at the hotel entrance. "Welcome to the last obstacle!" he welcomed.

"This will be a bread eating race. You and your partner will both each have 3 pieces of bread to eat. Whichever pair can finish eating all their bread first wins." Mr. Jjang explained.

All of your mouths were gaping open. You then pointed over to where the pieces of bread were. "You're saying that you want us to eat THAT?" you pointed at the LONG piece of bread.

"And three of them!?" L.Joe yelled.

"Yes." Mr. Jjang said.

"BUT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" Ciel yelled.

"No it's not. The winners of the other obstacle races had no difficulty." Mr. Jjang stated.

"They must be crazy..." Ricky mumbled.

"Anyway! Everyone, please step up to one of the stands." Mr. Jjang said.

Reluctantly, everyone did as told and each pair went up to one of the stands. All of you stared at the long loaves of bread in front of you. You gulped, and then asked, "Mr. Jjang, since bread is dry.. won't we need water?"

"Yes you will. But we're going to see how long you can last for without water." Mr. Jjang said.

"This is such a weird obstacle course ..." L.Joe mumbled.

----------------

"Ready.. Set.. GO!" Mr. Jjang yelled.

Everyone began to hastily eat the loaves of bread. Within just a few bites, 1 pair had already needed water, and couldn't carry on any further. "Disqualified!" Mr. Jjang said.

Twenty minutes had passed, and there were 3 pairs remaining. You and L.Joe had finished eating 1 loaf of bread, Ricky and Ciel had finished one each as well, and the other pair had finished half. "I .. can't take this anymore. I need.. water. And I'm already.. full..." one of their partners said.

"Me.. too.." and they both stopped eating and just slowly slid onto the floor, tired, and panting and needing water.

"Disqualified!" Mr. Jjang said.

----------

Half an hour had passed, and only 2 more pairs remained. Ricky, Ciel, you and L.Joe. You had finished 2 loaves of bread, L.Joe had finished 2 as well, while Ricky and Ciel had finished 1 loaf and a half. Ricky almost couldn't take it anymore, but he continued to eat. Ciel, she lost her appetite ages ago, but still, determined to win against her friend, she continued. You just kept eating, and didn't really feel full, nor did you feel the need for any water. L.Joe wasn't having a hard time either. Both of you continued to eat without needing to stop.

Ciel and Ricky stared at you thinking, *How can these two continue eating like this without needing to stop, or needing any water? Are they inhuman?*

------

You and L.Joe were on your last loaf of bread, while Ciel and Ricky had finished eating three - quarters of their second one. Ciel was on the verge of stopping, but she continued. Ricky tried to be like you and L.Joe, and just kept stuffing the bread in his mouth. You were just popping little pieces of bread into your mouth, while L.Joe was stuffing a huge amount in his mouth. In a matter of seconds, L.Joe had finished, and he was waiting for you. Ricky stared at him, eyes wide open. *OH MY GOD. HE FINISHED.* Ricky thought.

Eventually, you finished eating as well, and then sat on the floor with L.Joe, resting. Ciel looked at you in disbelief. *Since when was ~~~~ such a good eater!? We've lost..!* she thought.

-----

"And the winners are ... ~~~~ and L.Joe! It was a very close call Ricky and Ciel!" Mr. Jjang stated.

Ricky and Ciel stopped immediately as they heard that, and slid onto the floor, gasping for breath. "Please follow me to the kitchen." Mr. Jjang said.

-----

Once you all arrived back in the kitchen, the minute that you all saw bottles of water, you ran for it. Everyone got a water bottle, and quickly gulped it all down through their thirsty throats. Mr. Jjang watched satisfiedly and chuckled at all of you. After a few minutes of drinking water and resting, Mr. Jjang then announced for everyone to go to the backyard, so that he could announce the winner prizes.

---------

This chapter was ... xD