17

Coffee, Tea or Bang! (editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

 

 

Yeonmi POV

 

 

Sound travels slower than light does,when it rains its quite obvious lightning strikes first followed by thunder. 

I keep on distracting myself with all the amount of science that i know but who am i kidding. Futile. everything was. 

I was already praying that it wont rain. Please don't rain.

 

 

With all my anxiety i wanted Jin to stay with me longer,I bribed him for some tea. 

I just want to laugh at myself the weather was already making me drowsy.

Jin could mot be fooled. It has been 5 months since we became best of friends and in that short amount of time,he knew me...i knew him. 

But not all of him. Them...even the others.

There is just something that i could not shake off . I don't want to think about it anymore, it’s making my anxiety worse. 

I admitted defeat and let myself get tucked into my bed like a little kid. 

He even kissed my forehead and i could literally feel myself blush. Stupid idiot my head shouted.

 

why are you being like this? why is my heart beating fast?

 

 

“Go goo just go” i tried to push him away

 

 

But lightning struck the thunder roared and the lights went off 

 

 

I screamed. 

 

 

Jin POV

 

 

I carefully laid her on the bed and i boldly placed a kiss on her temple.

 I smiled at her cuteness she was blushing and she was trying not her best not to show it.

I Just want to lay beside her...honestly I just want to hold her till she sleeps. I won’t even lie to myself anymore. 

“Goo..gooo just go” she said while obviously trying not to stutter.

I wanted to stay longer but seeing that she was happy i was already about to turn back.

 

 

But lightning struck,the thunder roared and the lights went off

 

 

I heard her scream.

 

 

And that’s how i automatically ran to her and placed her in my arms. We were in the bedroom and there was no emergency light.

 i loosened my other hand and tried to get my phone in my pocket but she tightened her embrace and she began to hyperventilate. 

Right then and there I realized she was afraid of the dark....more than lightning itself.

“please...dont leave me...dont...” I ran my hands around he back to relax her 

“shhh yeonmi im here i wont leave you....”

“its...so cold..please..”

“dowajuseyo.”she pleaded in korean. She was genuinely scared...but she was asking for help in korean..

did something bad happen to her when she was young? I questioned myself.

“yeonmi...its me jin..you are safe with me...im here yeonmi im just here” 

i shook my thoughts away and continued to whisper calming words to her ear.

If it’s for her..ill do what it takes to make her alright. That’s how i ended up....

 

 

Lullaby, and good night,
With pink roses bedight,
With lilies o'erspread,
Is my baby's sweet head.
Lay you down now, and rest,
May your slumber be blessed!
Lay you down now, and rest,
May thy slumber be blessed!

Lullaby, and good night,
You're your mother's delight,
Shining angels beside
My darling abide.
Soft and warm is your bed,
Close your eyes and rest your head.
Soft and warm is your bed,
Close your eyes and rest your head.

Sleepyhead, close your eyes.
Mother's right here beside you.
I'll protect you from harm,
You will wake in my arms.
Guardian angels are near,
So sleep on, with no fear.
Guardian angels are near,
So sleep on, with no fear.

Lullaby, and sleep tight.
Hush! My darling is sleeping,
On his sheets white as cream,
With his head full of dreams.
When the sky's bright with dawn,
He will wake in the morning.
When noontide warms the world,
He will frolic in the sun. 

 

 

 

After singing I felt her breathing relaxed and she layed her head on my chest while i continue to caress her back.

 I felt something wet while i caressed her face...she was crying but i did not see her. 

I wiped her tears away and find myself whispering “i will make it all go away...”

 

I placed another kiss on her temple and my eyes began to close.

 

 

Yeonmi POV

 

 

Mmm.

 

Warm..

 

 

I felt myself nuzzling into it all the more, the warmth was just so inviting and i absolutely had to best sleep in years...i did not want to get up yet.

 

 

“good morning” i heard someone say.

 

“mornin” i replied while trying to get closer than ever to the warmth.

“yeonmi..i cant breathe”

 

 

My eyes bolted open and kicked the stranger in my bed with all i can.

 

“AHHHHH!!!!” i screamed with everything that i got, this should alert the neighbors. I grabbed the lampshade and held it closely to me.

I slowly went to the stranger who fell on the other side of the bed. I automatically hit him while closing my eyes.

The impact never came as i was stopped in midair, he stopped the lampshade and somehow managed to lock me into him holding my other arm.

I continued to close me eyes, i don’t want to wake up to this nightmare.

 

 

“no...please dont  me...please have mercy” i tried to beg for mercy

 

 

And that’s when i felt the grip on my hand loosened followed by crazy fits of laughter.

 

WHAT THE HECK WAS WRONG WITH THIS ?? HE WAS LAUGHING AT ME LIKE....

 

I can do this...i have been watching a lot of movies, and yes...hit the weakest spot.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter